Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

aeris

Resin dolls anybody?

SnailFever

I've actually been collecting resin dolls for the better part of 15 years. (I got started really young!) Right now, collectively, my husband and I have an Iplehouse Cherie, a Zaoll Luv, a Leekeworld Luke, a Luts Juri '06, a DoD Si, and a Luts Nanuri '06. I've had MANY more over the years that have come and gone, and I've joined and left the hobby once or twice, but I keep coming back.

Orao_22

The only resin "dolls" I have are 1/35 scale Girls und Panzer themed figures to go with tank models of the same scale...

Some of the dolls in that thread are gorgeous, but I'll pass ; I have enough expensive hobbies for now!

Kyane

So many beautiful dolls!

I've been collecting resin dolls since 2007, this is my family:

LeekeWorld Rory/Roy

LeekeWorld Cutie Honey

Volks YoSD Suzuna 2nd

Volks MSD Nagisa

Luts KidDelf Aru

PiposDoll Budle

U-noa Lusis

Peak's Woods Goldie

Volks SD f-01

Volks SD Rio

Volks SDgr Creamy Mami

I'm running out of space on the shelf

gigglesky

I started off the hobby with a BJD in 2009. Sold all of my dolls and take a break after 2011.

But I still keeping yo-tenshi hinata till this day, as she is my grail doll that brought me to the hobby.

Monty

I got my first LUTS bjd recently - one i've wanted since I joined the hobby, a kid delf Corni. I originally hoped to get her in 2016, and even bought the candy pop mini dress for her in anticipation, but the DDs had other ideas (lets just say it was supposed to only be Rin). With the limited nature of DDs as well as other dolls I was getting, it was hard to prioritize a doll that could be purchased from LUTS at any time. But I was able to get her as my birthday present for myself this year, as my friend generously offered to pay half as their gift to me.

DsB4zCUUUAEix4k.jpg

DsB48N-VAAEXQQ3.jpg

I'm completely in love with LUTS now, and want several more...

I'm also really glad I did hold onto that Candypop Mini for her all this time! It's like it was made for her.

• Like 2

AwkwardMango

Everyone's dolls are so cute. Mine is a supiadoll Roda and she is my first bjd.

Her name is Margret and she can see ghosts n stuff.

45542582214_439d65f78e_z.jpg

Finally figured out how to post pictures lol

32394276198_664f0d7452_z.jpg

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Dollink

I'm new to Dollfie Dream but I collect bjd since.. 9 years now^^I owned more than 50 resin dolls I think, but not more than 6 at the same time, I sell to have another, I would love to keep them all but it's so expensive^^ My actual collection is a Minifee Chloe, two pukifee, a Cerisedolls Poulpy, two of them are gone for a faceup

Abby with the Dragon

Chloe

I owned 3 pullips too, I love them but I prefer dolls that are easy to do poses with. Sometimes I do faceups or wigs but I prefer a perfect faceup from artists^^ I did tattoos on my Chloe

Hollytastic

I also am new to DD (sort of) I have only had her for around 7 months. And I only have one DD right now.

I really love her though!

Resin... I've been in the resin community for years. I have 4 resin dolls right now and 2 floating heads.

I have Fairyland minifee Celine, Sarang 2014, and Liria.

I have Harucasting Maji.

Floating heads are a Maskcat Ronia which I think I'm going to sell.

And a Fairyland littlefee Nanuri (I think 2013?) also unsure about keeping.

They have been floating heads for 6 months now. I probably should part with them. > u >;

Mizuumi-no-Otome

I've got a few resin girls! I collect many different types of dolls; vinyl dolls with rooted hair are my bread and butter but I do love my resins. Seems like I'm in the majority of this thread, I was interested in BJDs before DDs and I still mostly prefer them.

My taste with BJDs differs from my other collections in that I prefer my resin dolls to be old and yellowed, they just feel more 'real' to me that way and I like the way it looks!

Lumi is my beloved Angelregion Ren:

45705676452_e927050c0f.jpg

AR is the first company that I truly loved, and I was so sad to see them discontinued before I got a chance to own one. I was lucky enough to find Ren with her stock faceup and her full outfit a few years ago! She's the reason I prefer older BJDs, before Lumi I had 3 brand new resins that were very pretty but I couldn't attach to them like I did with her, and I decided to focus almost exclusively on older Minis with the classic MSD aesthetic.

I was even luckier to find yet another AR girl with her default face and stock outfit, Dana!

47036977072_a93a377c01.jpg

My BF Louisa is the second-newest girl I have, though she's still about ten years old (and in impeccable condition)- she's my only girl with a custom faceup:

33213785878_3f1c215c5d.jpg

And the newest is definitely my BF May. I'm still warming up to her and I'm not entirely sure if she'll be a keeper. She's a little more mint than I tend to prefer, but she's stunning:

43938218510_1a86437a34.jpg

Fun fact, AR and BF were done by the same sculptors, seems a bit fitting that they'd be my favorite lines! I had no idea about this until after I'd gotten Lumi and it was a hilarious realization and completely unsurprising.

• Like 1

lildollface

While I'm relatively new to the vinyl world, I've been interested in resin BJDs since 2010, and bought my first one in 2013. I took a brief hiatus in 2017, but have recently started to get more involved in the hobby and community again. In the time that I was originally active, I bought/sold 23 dolls total 😱 (Most of them were floating heads though.)

As of now, my current collection is comprised of: 

• Fairyland Feeple60 Mirwen (on an old male normal body)
  • Asleep Eidolon Big BB Cordelia
  • DIM Larina head

However, I currently have plans to own about 9 more to finish the "world" I had in mind... 😅 (And let's not even talk about my grails... and just any other doll that I'd want to get if I had the space and money...)

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll

Laylian

I've got 22 resins and 2 vinyl dolls now :) I've been collecting the resins since 2006 and they've been a really interesting way to interact with art/other hobbies. I feel like you can find a great many ways to intertwine things that you love :)

AeroHail

I have 3 resin dolls just now but I'm swaying with whether I want to keep Kestrel. I think a change of style might help so I'll wait to see him in more modern clothes before I decide...

Donivan - Delf IF:

spacer.png

Boo - Littlefee Ante:

spacer.png

Kestrel - Soom Nor:

spacer.png

I also had a Peakswood Goldie that I'm letting go because I could never bond with the sculpt despite adoring other people's pics of their goldies. OTL

marishade

I just finished the 'bulk' of this cosplay so I wanted to post it! 

Meet Elias Ainsworth of The Ancient Magus Bride! He is an IOS Tauros and I adore him.

Still have some finishing details, including the wand, detailing on the sleeves and collar on the cloak.

IMG_2218.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

• Like 2

baldylox
55 minutes ago, marishade said:

Meet Elias Ainsworth of The Ancient Magus Bride! He is an IOS Tauros and I adore him.

Still have some finishing details, including the wand, detailing on the sleeves and collar on the cloak.

IMG_2218.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

THAT is friggin' amazing!  I love it!  He's perfect!  How long did it take to make him and all his clothes/accessories?  What's the skull made of?  Do his eyes light up?  😄

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

marishade

@baldylox

Thank you!

To clarify (just in case) the head and body were purchased from Immortality of Soul, both are resin. The original horns are magnetic so I built my own and switched them out. The horns are internally foam (sculpted from blocks with a dremel, THAT took forever. 2 days just carving...). The foam is overlaid with paper clay (another two days to allow clay to set), then painted (another day for painting the layers). 

Unfortunately the eyes do not light up. . . I could not fit electronics in the space of his eyes without modding the head which I was not willing to do. They are felt (white on back so no staining) and painted. 

I also did not make all the clothes, just the vest, cloak, neck-badge-thing, and the red head piece. 

All in all, I have been working on this here and there for awhile now but it probably took me at least 8 days to complete everything. The bulk of the time went to the horns and the cloak. 

• Like 1

Laylian
On 4/7/2019 at 2:21 PM, marishade said:

That is amazing! I never would have though to do that with that head @.@ How absolutely freaking stunning! Since you said electronics wouldn't fit, maybe some kind of high-reflective resin? But they'd have to be very custom, since I imagine regular eyes don't fit in there, huh? Maybe something with silicone..?

Mizuumi-no-Otome

I got this girl (Volks SDM Mako) in the mail this week and I absolutely love her! Still not sure about this wig for her, I have another one coming JIC but she definitely works the strawberry blonde!

IMG_1338.JPG.09bfa0c859187ba7b831c2e9408fc685.JPG IMG_1340.JPG.3b6cf0576262228b7539b2253346d516.JPG

Stinkerbell

I started with resin dolls around 2000. I 1st saw an ad for a Volks bjd in a doll magazine & was just memorized. I told my mom, who was going on a trip to a large city to ask around at doll shops of how I could get them... boy was I in for a surprise! I had a nother "doll" friend & together we found out about Volks USA. I did a mail order & my 1st bjd was my Volks MSD Magie. From there I have added many more & really enjoy them. I am now just getting started with the vinyl girls  & am loving learning all I can about them! I love this site & hope to have a long connection with you all!

20blackbags

I started collecting vinyl dolls recently, but I still have a nice little army of resin dolls. 14 in total. My oldest is a Bobobie Apollo, and most recent a Volks Nasha F-11 with cute monkey ears.

Edited by 20blackbags

marishade

@Laylian

I did not think of that. . . I actually have not played around with what eye sizes might fit in his sockets, maybe 18-20mm? Maybe I will buy some cheap pairs just to try it out. I also think the actual eyes would need to be concave, not convex to give the proper 'depth' feeling Elias's eyes have. Maybe like the backs of DD/Smart Doll eyes? Silicone might not be a bad idea either. Welp, I guess I know have some digging to do.

Thanks for the idea!

Laylian

@marishade

Yeah, no problem! I have been playing with silicone a lot recently with wig making stuff and I'm surprised how versatile it is, haha. I have some old silicone eyes from Safrindoll and they fit in everyone jut because you can squish them around XD

Linnette

*Raises hand* I collect resin BJDs! I have been doing so for quite some time. My favorite companies are Volks and Unoa and I own a small number of Fairyland minifees as well. I think I have about 20.