Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Amerane

Characters you would like to see as Dollfie Dreams

finnleo
41 minutes ago, Prowess_dollie said:

Tokai Teio

I actually prefer her mid-season red outfit... but I have a thing for boleros.

But on the other hand Pretty derby on the face of it seem like a cheerfull and pastel enough thing for volks to latch on, despite the slightly amusing premise, but the biggest hurdle is going to be the ears ... its always the ears.

(also because they didnt latch on the first season, is a downer, but things could be different now that they actually have the game out, unlike during S1 and Special Weeks story)

Also... while flipping through the character sheets ... Spec's got thighs... a Mochi-ashi DDS opportunity...

Damiensdolls

I’m a huge moe/slice of life/idol genre fan so naturally my first answer is Love Live characters, but I feel like Hibike Euphonium or Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai characters would make the absolute cutest Dollfie Dreams!!

But if I could choose something completely improbable, I’d love to see Idolmaster SideM dolls. I’m sure there’s some fanmade ones out there in the world, it’s difficult to imagine that someone hasn’t made a custom MDD of Kanon yet, right?

finnleo
15 hours ago, Damiensdolls said:

Euphonium or Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai

Im actually sort of curious how Volks dropped the whole KyoAni series thing (using that as a link, since Haruhi was a Kadokawa series, and K-On a Houbosha one, Clannad sort of applied to this too though only in the uniform form.), and never even revisted K-on for an Azusa in DDS form ... Chuunibyo would have prolly been a slam dunk with Rikka and Nibutani (bonus points for a Morisummer jewlery alt outfit for nibu), and also was apparently a kyoani original to begin with (at least being released in book form through their own publishing house)

• Like 1

Mega Negi

If they could make a DDS of Rina Tennoji from Love Live with her Auto Emotion Convert Rina-chan Board, that would be too cool for words. Especially if you could program it from your smartphone.MMD ] Rina Tennoji TOKIMEKI Runners / Uniform DL by schavel on DeviantArt

Pin on Icons

Edited by Mega Negi
found a good pic.

Gweneveryn

I really wish they'd have made DDs of A2, Devola and Popola from the Nier games, seeing that when they announced and showed prototypes I was very excited for more dolls from the series to come.

I'd also really like to see DDS/DDP of Diamond and Phos from Land of the Lustrous! Seems like a very long shot though, as the series isn't hugely popular.

Irulazuli
On 3/27/2021 at 6:13 AM, Gweneveryn said:

I really wish they'd have made DDs of A2, Devola and Popola from the Nier games, seeing that when they announced and showed prototypes I was very excited for more dolls from the series to come.

I can relate! I wish there was more A2 merch in general, she's my favourite. Which prototypes do you mean, if I may ask? I think it would be a good move for Volks to make Nier and Kainé as well, to go with this year's remake.

I would love them to make a DD of Belle from upcoming Studio Chizu movie. I think she would look gorgeous, especially with more disney-ified features. I even can picture a double release of the two sides of the character ("real" and "virtual" world).

• Like 1

Gweneveryn
22 hours ago, Irulazuli said:

I can relate! I wish there was more A2 merch in general, she's my favourite. Which prototypes do you mean, if I may ask? I think it would be a good move for Volks to make Nier and Kainé as well, to go with this year's remake.

I would love them to make a DD of Belle from upcoming Studio Chizu movie. I think she would look gorgeous, especially with more disney-ified features. I even can picture a double release of the two sides of the character ("real" and "virtual" world).

I believe when they first showed a 2B prototype (and also 9S at some other point)at a dolpa? showing? they also had a picture of A2 up and I got excited that she would  show up at the end, but sadly A2 did not make the cut due to popularity perhaps? There is a picture floating around somewhere, but I can't seem to find it right now.

I hope the remake gets big enough that they do decide to do Kaine and Nier as well, though that would definitely break my wallet for sure ^^;

• Like 1

Galvatim

To really make a good A2, Volks would need to make almost a full new vinyl skin, her legs especially.  She's not wearing a black stocking on her right leg, it looks more like her synthetic skin has fallen off.  They could use a printed body stocking, but that comes across as lazy, at least for Volks.  I'd love to get her, too, but only if Volks does the character design accurately.   

Monty
11 hours ago, Gweneveryn said:

I believe when they first showed a 2B prototype (and also 9S at some other point)at a dolpa? showing? they also had a picture of A2 up and I got excited that she would  show up at the end, but sadly A2 did not make the cut due to popularity perhaps? There is a picture floating around somewhere, but I can't seem to find it right now.

2B and 9S’s prototypes were first unveiled at the same time at the Nier Automata concert. If there was a picture of A2 nearby, it would have been related to something else at the venue and nothing to do with Volks.

I was following the release details pretty closely and don’t remember ever seeing anything like that, and to my knowledge Volks has never once announced any DD that didn’t end up being made. (The closest was when Ruri’s original release was cancelled due to her dress design being plagiarised (not Volks’s fault, the design was submitted for a contest), but Ruri herself was still released in the end) If there is any uncertainty about whether a character will or won’t be made, they wouldn’t announce it at all. 

Edited by Monty

finnleo
1 hour ago, Monty said:

If there was a picture of A2 nearby, it would have been related to something else at the venue and nothing to do with Volks.

The official poster artwork for the concert features the threesome. 2B facing the viewer with a violin, 9S seated and facing away with a chello (Shinji reference? in more ways than one?) and A2 with a violin facing away.

Spoiler

Its been awhile since I last played the main game, and only been trying to make sense over the FFXIV collab, but 2B is a production model refinement of A2 .. their facial features I think are identical in the game, right up to the mole... so if you really wanted an A2, you could make it out of a 2B head on a M bust body and add the panel gaps with a paint marker (which will probably blur into the vinyl over time... but), especially after when A2 cuts her hair with virtuous treaty there really isnt much difference left (apart from the boobs, and the torn outfit, which I guess you could make out of black balloons in a pinch for that skin tight look). I think volks even has similar hue silver long wigs to suit the pre haircut look.

...and now I have Sound of the End (corruption) ringing in my head again ... thanks for that...

As a side note, sort of amusing to see A2 fanart of her in the FFXIV collab outfits.

Edited by finnleo

finnleo

I've sort of had a thing for the Zombie land saga girls ... but after this... :

I want a Junko more than ever ... they could even do UV reactive paint for the "flip"...

(Tae does a mean animal imitation here too btw...)

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 1

Orenjiina
14 minutes ago, finnleo said:

I've sort of had a thing for the Zombie land saga girls ... but after this... :

I want a Junko more than ever ... they could even do UV reactive paint for the "flip"...

(Tae does a mean animal imitation here too btw...)

Oh man! I’m not a big idol fan but I love Zombieland Saga! I’d love to see the girls in doll form! They could have a lot of fun doing the zombie look.

BeyondTime

Now I need to add Saeki Sayaka from Bloom into You to the list of customs I feel like I need to make...

589968776_ScreenShot2021-05-09at1_43_11PM.png.371cb640fd7333775b6dabef11d46069.png

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ChrisFhey
9 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Now I need to add Saeki Sayaka from Bloom into You to the list of customs I feel like I need to make...

589968776_ScreenShot2021-05-09at1_43_11PM.png.371cb640fd7333775b6dabef11d46069.png

I loved that show! I'd most definitely like to see some characters from it as dolls. Although I'd personally prefer either Nanami Touko, or Koito Yuu. :3

Other than that, I'd love to see some K-on dolls (although perhaps those were a thing already at some point).
Not to mention, it might be doable to make them as custom dolls.

Oh, and Noelle from Genshin Impact. I'd do unspeakable things for a dollfie version of that girl. :o

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, ChrisFhey said:

I loved that show! I'd most definitely like to see some characters from it as dolls. Although I'd personally prefer either Nanami Touko, or Koito Yuu. :3

I haven’t seen the anime, it basically only takes you to the halfway point in the manga, but Season 2 is likely to happen. I read the Manga, and the Bloom into You: Regarding Saeki Sayaka light novels which are told entirely from Saeki-sans perspective. She’s a supporting character in the manga, but the novels are entirely her story. I love Saeki-San, she’s a wonderful character.

In the first half of the manga there is a lot of tension between her and Yuu, so it’s understandable that Yuu / Touko shippers don’t like her. She comes into her own as a character in the second half, and her relationship with Yuu evolves a lot towards the end. Sorry, I’m deliberately being pretty vague here in order to avoid spoilers. 

3 hours ago, ChrisFhey said:

I'd love to see some K-on dolls

They made Mio and Yui. Obviously you could use Yui to make Ui if you wanted. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ChrisFhey

Yeah, I've watched the anime with a friend of mine recently, and I've started to read the manga as well since I want to know what happens next.
I wouldn't mind if there will be a second season at some point. :3

7 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

They made Mio and Yui. Obviously you could use Yui to make Ui if you wanted. 

Darn. I missed those. :<
Would've been cool if they'd done the whole gang, though.

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, ChrisFhey said:

Would've been cool if they'd done the whole gang, though.

Mio and Yui came with their instruments, but I think Mugi and Ritsu’s would have been impractical. 

You can still find both of them aftermarket, and Yui isn’t usually that expensive. 

ChrisFhey
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Mio and Yui came with their instruments, but I think Mugi and Ritsu’s would have been impractical. 

You can still find both of them aftermarket, and Yui isn’t usually that expensive. 

Heh, yes, that's true. It'd be an especially big hassle if Ritsu came with her drum kit.
I'll keep a look out for her whenever I've some cash to spare, thanks! :)

finnleo
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

but I think Mugi and Ritsu’s would have been impractical. 

I think the biggest issue with Mugi's keyboard would have only been able to get the Korg logo (cant recall did she upgrade to a Roland in S2 and the movie..), you dont really notice the Gibson stamp missing from Yui's axe, and I cant remember was Mio's bass even anything special, but on a keyboard you would notice. Technically it wouldnt be that big to make be honest and with a folding stand would have probably fit even in a standard DD box (the K-on girls had custom boxes also) ... but Ritsu's drumkit would have been a hastle, though there I would have imagined, just drumsticks to go with the doll.

Also I suppose in the case of Mugi the tangerine slices .. erm.. eyebrows would have been an interesting faceup.

Azusa prolly was left off the boat because the DDS didnt exist untill a few years later.

But as I already mentioned apparently erlier in the thread, still a bit weird the Kyo-ani fellowship was dropped after two relatively high profile series

ChrisFhey
29 minutes ago, finnleo said:

Also I suppose in the case of Mugi the tangerine slices .. erm.. eyebrows would have been an interesting faceup.

They're pickled radishes, and they're amazing! 😄

I honestly would love to see how that would turn out on a DD.

TolfyTheWolfy

I would seriously die for any Genshin Impact Dollfie Dream. I would personally love to see Hu Tao and Ganyu. Chongyun and Xingqiu as well. I have 3 Dollfie Dreams who are definitely in need of customization so- Maybe those'll come to life!

• Like 1

Keijogirl

I would kill for a Kimetsu no Yaiba/Demon Slayer pair. Let me please have Tanjiro and Nezuko.  Tanjiro has a great face for a Dollfie Dream Boy and Nezuko without a doubt would be adorable.  Wishful thinking but my god do freaking want. 

Its probably been said before, but I hope with the success of the movie it might get Volks' attention just a little bit. If not I might have to customize a Tanjiro. 😄

received_513717173117920.jpeg

• Like 1

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

RuffleChuu

I would absolute DIE for a MDD Furude Rika or a Hanyuu!

jazijaz

I'm not a fan of the current anime shows so I don't watch any and I have no idea about any of the characters Volks have released, which is why I never keep any of their default looks since I don't really care about the characters.

I'm more into old school anime, I doubt Volks will make a doll from anime like HunterxHunter, Berserk, Terra E or Monster.... I was hoping they do someday old school anime dolls like Card captor sakura and Inuyasha. If they ever do I would buy them all and keep their characters 🤭 I have seen beautiful HunterxHunter, Inuyasha BJDs. I want Sakura the most but I'm getting impatient so I will have to make my own CCS someday.

• Like 1

Mega Negi
On 6/29/2021 at 9:33 AM, jazijaz said:

I'm not a fan of the current anime shows so I don't watch any and I have no idea about any of the characters Volks have released, which is why I never keep any of their default looks since I don't really care about the characters.

I'm more into old school anime, I doubt Volks will make a doll from anime like HunterxHunter, Berserk, Terra E or Monster.... I was hoping they do someday old school anime dolls like Card captor sakura and Inuyasha. If they ever do I would buy them all and keep their characters 🤭 I have seen beautiful HunterxHunter, Inuyasha BJDs. I want Sakura the most but I'm getting impatient so I will have to make my own CCS someday.

I can't think of an anime character with more wardrobe options than Sakura.