Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Amerane

Characters you would like to see as Dollfie Dreams

Tasuke

and nobody seems to deserve an official Dollfie treatment more that Sakura Kinomoto, either,

since every last one of the small handful i've seen out there were all clearly Customs -Superb customs, mind you-

even my "official" TAKARA Liccarize Sakura is a custom job (OBITSU 26 body in place of stock Licca fashion doll body)

Cardcaptor_Sakura_NIS_Complete_3-13-21_R

FIG-DOL-9595_01.jpg?width=1920&height=10

37964938821_cff4212053_b.jpg?width=1920&

Edited by Tasuke
  • Like 2

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Starr

As much as I eyeroll at Inuyasha, it has always had a special place in my heart. I would 100% buy a Sesshomaru doll, if Volks ever made one. 

The rest: 

• Yumeko Jabami from Kakegurui and majority of the student council/other main characters. (I think making a custom Yumeko would be pretty easy though)
  • Sailor Moon's Helios and Tuxedo Mask. (I know they've done several Tuxedo Masks dolls, but not DD
  • Disgaea characters ---Like any, since they've already made vinyl figures of Etna, I would love to see them in doll form. However, Valvatorez or Fenrich would be my #1 to buy.  

moerunamida

I think Yui Komori from Diabolik Lovers would be adorable, but not a likely chance Volks would create her.

Spoiler

yui.png.50390f2e198048003f04a0512d54a442.png

Edited by Deyja

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

cookimooon
7 hours ago, Tasuke said:

and nobody seems to deserve an official Dollfie treatment more that Sakura Kinomoto, either,

It seems so obvious! Sakura is a huge magical girl icon - and so many different outfits you could put her in-!! I think it would be lovely if they made Tomoyo-chan to go with her, too. 

I don't have many ideas right off hand, but I'd love to see...
- Ichigo Momomiya (and the others) from Tokyo Mew Mew 
- Snow White and Ripple from Magical Girl Raising Project
- Nagisa Aoi from Strawberry Panic! I also think Shizuma Hanazono would make a beautiful doll to go with her but she's not my personal favorite. I especially want a Kagome Byakudan doll but I know if any character would be picked from the series it won't be her lol. Maybe I can make a custom... 

I don't actually think any of these would likely happen, though... maybe Tokyo Mew Mew with the revival/reboot/etc. coming next year? Not putting any money on it though.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
4 minutes ago, cookimooon said:

It seems so obvious! Sakura is a huge magical girl icon

It’s bizarre that Volks hasn’t done either a DD or an SD of Sakura. I shudder at the thought of the aftermarket prices.

If you want to talk quintessential magical girls, Go Nagai invented the magical girl genre with Cutie Honey. It’s a bit strange that we haven’t seen a Volks / Go Nagai collab since he was such an important film maker in Japan. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Irulazuli

Perhaps licencing issues? Although I admit, now that you mention it, I think Cardcaptor Sakura is/was having an anniversary? Seems like perfect timing for a doll release (I honestly think they will go with SD rather than DD - given previous Chobits release and Creamy Mami).

toughstermcg
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

It’s a bit strange that we haven’t seen a Volks / Go Nagai collab since he was such an important film maker in Japan. 

Technically speaking, we do have that with the Devilman Yo-Midi releases, just not for DDs.

Manaphyyy

Not sure if it's already been brought up, but I feel like the Tales of series is full of potential DD collabs. I'm particularly fond of Tales of Zestiria and would love to see DDs of Alisha and Rose (Lailah, Edna and Symonne would also be amazing 💖)

Alisha_Diphda.png.b84d50955094dd163bbd8e47f1315b95.pngRose.jpg.c1bf8040174299cfe318546520a8838c.jpg

• Like 3

finnleo

hmm.. a bit late considering the season swap ... but even though I was fawning over Junko a page ago ... a Yugiri wouldnt be half bad either:

(And amusingly enough she turned out to be quite the bad-ass ... and sort of the most tragic of the group in my opinion.)

And yes, this is the S1 bluray special music video (not the actual series clip, which is also on avex's YT channel) ... which sort of passed me by, before stumbling across it just before the Saga Jihen arc ... even though it was a bit of a thing aparently on Hololive where they did a cover of it (Hilariously trying to outperform the intro bit to boot...) .. which apparently resulted in Gold Ship from umamusume visiting Snack Chinatsu ... and Yugiri getting a virtual youtuber session too ... them weird sagajins...

Might consider trying to make a outfit like this for Beat ... maybe ... when I get good at sewing ... which is about never.

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 1

Dollfie_Owner_SR71

Mikasa Mikoto, Kirino Kousaka, Index, tland the Meowstress from Monster Hunter.

Poofiemus

So I recently got into Genshin Impact. . The odds of Volks doing DDs with a Chinese IP are probably pretty low, but damn does Genshin have a lot of great waifus and husbandos they could make bank off of.

Personally, Kazuha, Venti, Jeanne, or Fischl would sink me, lol. An MDD Paimon would be hard to resist, too. 

That said, if Volks were to do it, I feel like they'd probably do Childe/Tartaglia, Venti, Ayaka, and Mona. Those characters have some ARDENT fans.

• Like 2

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Wasabi
10 hours ago, Poofiemus said:

So I recently got into Genshin Impact. . The odds of Volks doing DDs with a Chinese IP are probably pretty low, but damn does Genshin have a lot of great waifus and husbandos they could make bank off of.

Personally, Kazuha, Venti, Jeanne, or Fischl would sink me, lol. An MDD Paimon would be hard to resist, too. 

That said, if Volks were to do it, I feel like they'd probably do Childe/Tartaglia, Venti, Ayaka, and Mona. Those characters have some ARDENT fans.

I would go nuts for half of the Genshin cast, but I would bankrupt myself for a Beidou or Childe doll. Provided that they look close enough to their game counterparts. Actually, as long as their clothes look similar enough. I'll fix a repainted head myself if needed.

IF they did Genshin dolls I don't expect the guys anytime soon. Based on looks/outfits, I'd say Barbara is also a prima candidate. But let's be honest I want (almost) all of them. (MDD Klee or Diona would be so cute too!)

• Like 1

Poofiemus
On 8/20/2021 at 12:00 AM, Wasabi said:

I would go nuts for half of the Genshin cast, but I would bankrupt myself for a Beidou or Childe doll. Provided that they look close enough to their game counterparts. Actually, as long as their clothes look similar enough. I'll fix a repainted head myself if needed.

IF they did Genshin dolls I don't expect the guys anytime soon. Based on looks/outfits, I'd say Barbara is also a prima candidate. But let's be honest I want (almost) all of them. (MDD Klee or Diona would be so cute too!)

Yesss Dionaaaa! I've been building her since getting her on Yoimiya's banner, and I love her.

I also just did Hu Tao's story quest and I  very much on the Hu Tao hype train now. I would go nuts to have that morbid perky goth in my house.

And I agree, I'm willing to repaint if the faces aren't quite right. I'm also willing to make new eyes. I am much less willing to make shoes, wigs, and weapons. Frankly even a lot of the clothing components are probably outside my skill set. Fine tuning is fine, but I have too many other doll projects to go all in on a full custom.

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

plasticyears

I think the chances are non existent but I'd love to see some 90s girls like Magic Knight Rayearth, or Deedlit from Lodoss War. Or, maybe more likely, how about Ryza from the Atelier series? I feel like her outfit and accessories would look amazing as a DD costume, plus she could be a DDdy 🥰

spacer.png

• Like 2

MaleficentMrsofEvil

Coming in as the Barbie/pop culture collector (sorry), I would love to see more villains and anti heroes. I'm thinking Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Maleficent, and Mystique.

Maia
On 8/22/2021 at 9:28 PM, Poofiemus said:

Yesss Dionaaaa! I've been building her since getting her on Yoimiya's banner, and I love her.

I also just did Hu Tao's story quest and I  very much on the Hu Tao hype train now. I would go nuts to have that morbid perky goth in my house.

And I agree, I'm willing to repaint if the faces aren't quite right. I'm also willing to make new eyes. I am much less willing to make shoes, wigs, and weapons. Frankly even a lot of the clothing components are probably outside my skill set. Fine tuning is fine, but I have too many other doll projects to go all in on a full custom.

I think there are genshin impact eyes for Dollfie Dream on Etsy 

Xenokitten

I'd like to see Chibiusa from Sailor Moon - or the outter senshi. Chibiusa on MDD and Saturn on DDP. Also Tuxedo Mask :)

Aside from Sailor Moon, I'd like to see some Love Live Idols - especially Kotori (she's my favorite). Especially Snowman Christmas UR or Snow Halation Kotori. Really any of the girls are cute though. And they're more globally known compared to Idol M@ster - but I do wish we had an English version of Idol M@ster too - I know we had some GBA ones - but they were just rhythm games without the simulation elements. Boo. 

• Like 2

dunceclown

I would love to see both Cardcaptor Sakura and Cutie Honey! I would also really have loved to see something a bit more out of the target audience, and maybe have some characters from Hunter x Hunter or even Soul Eater!

moerunamida

This is a TOTAL pipe dream and I wouldn't be able to afford to get all of them, but Volks needs some more boys so how about all the Sakamaki brothers and Yui Komori from Diabolik Lovers? I think Yui would be cute. (My morbid sense of humor would include little sticker tattoos of bite marks you could put on Yui).

In all seriousness though, ANY DD boys, please!

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Veravey

It just randomly dawned on me that I would love to see Éclair and Lumiere from Kiddy Grade as DDs. Their outfits are so cute~ @onion26@

525649163_kiddygradefinal_small.jpg.ee13a96654ec130582afaa0b1d06ee3c.jpg

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Silent

Jolyne from Jojos Bizzare Adventure - Stone Ocean Or Jotaro. (Jotaro could bring new DD boy body type to hobby, but Giorno Giovanna would be maybe more possible with existing boy bodies)

• Like 2

Roxanne

I would really love to see Holo from Spice and Wolf. Me and my boyfriend would go crazy then I bet, lol!

I have made my own Holo Dollfie but I'm forever unsatisfied with her and always feel like there is something I should change about her and do better. I feel like I'll never be fully satisfied with her. 🙃

My instagram! 

figure

All the Love Live girls, though besides that, a Madoka dollfie would be gorgeous I think, surprised there isn't one already.

• Like 2