Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Noxxbunny

Noxxbunny's Photo Thread

Mimiyo3

I think the red ribbon looks adorable on him!

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

Noxxbunny
I think the red ribbon looks adorable on him!

I'm glad! I'm actually trying to find excuses to leave it on him now. Until the end of the week, maybe.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Noxxbunny

Hopefully better pictures tomorrow. I hate that I get so busy during the times where lighting is good. Buuuut I didn't want to not post anything at all today. And the reason why is because today is Kaito's birthday!

So...Happy birthday, Kaito! Fun fact...when it comes to my own Kaito's age, he's actually older than me. I think I've pinned him to being 23 in my mind.

kaibday47492sm_zpsahmjioev.jpg

Here he is fitting right in among all my merch. I like to think of him as the leader of all my smaller Kaitos.

Kaito's gift from me is the hoodie he's wearing. I made it for him myself. It's not too good since I did it strictly by hand(It'll be more obvious in better lighting)...but it's the thought that counts? I at least wanted to try since my hand sewing needs some serious work. I'll have to get him something nicer as a late gift whenever my tax refund rolls around.

And don't worry, he will definitely be getting all the ice cream later tonight!

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Monty

Nice shrine! The hoodie looks good too. I'm going to have to take a photo like that when I get home too.

Unfortunately I ended up hospitalised with influenza for 3 days which means I not only missed a good chunk of Kaito's birthday celebrations but also wasn't able to fly home to Australia, so I'm actually still in Japan until I'm well enough to fly. I think I can leave on Saturday.

(worst of all, my poor Kaito was trapped inside my suitcase for 3 days as I'd packed him in there the night before I suddenly became ill. Now I'm at my friend's house in Tokyo still recovering a bit with him by my side)

But i have managed to collect a few more Kaito trinkets while in Japan to add to my shrine so I'll be able to take a nice big picture when I'm home again.

My Kaito I imagine as being 'a' Kaito - a robot with the Kaito designation, who is therefore only about two weeks old. He's also learning every day, so doesn't know a lot of things yet. I really need to make a thread for him in the smart doll board but I might wait till I get back home.

Edited by Guest

Noxxbunny
Nice she in! The hoodie looks good too. I'm going to have to take a photo like that when I get home too.

Unfortunately I ended up hospitalised with influenza for 3 days which means I not only missed a good chunk of Kaito's birthday celebrations but also wasn't able to fly home to Australia, so I'm actually still in Japan until I'm well enough to fly. I think I can leave on Saturday.

(worst of all, my poor Kaito was trapped inside my suitcase for 3 days as I'd packed him in there the night before I suddenly became ill. Now I'm at my friend's house in Tokyo still recovering a bit with him by my side)

But i have managed to collect a few more Kaito trinkets while in Japan to add to my shrine so I'll be able to take a nice big picture when I'm home again.

My Kaito I imagine as being 'a' Kaito - a robot with the Kaito designation, who is therefore only about two weeks old. He's also learning every day, so doesn't know a lot of things yet. I really need to make a thread for him in the smart doll board but I might wait till I get back home.

I'm so sorry to hear that! That is the worst timing to get sick. And so scary for it to be that serious. I hope you'll be back to 100% and able to go home when you plan to this time. At least you have your Kaito there by your side now!

But funnily enough, I actually see my Kaito being an android as well(Not only am I fascinated by robotics in general, but I think it's also the most fun way to explain his joints rather than pretending they don't exist in his character.) I've been keeping track of his literal age too, but I consider 23 to be his age in appearance rather than experience. Which is why my Kaito is sort of naive and a possibly a bit childish for his "age". He hasn't really been around too long either lol. I would say I probably work off a similar idea as you in that he is simply designed to be 'a' Kaito. Though I admit I haven't thought too deeply about the finer details of how he works beyond "he may have human qualities, but he's definitely a robot." I just kind of roll with that and it works for me. If that makes any sense.

I'll be on the look out for your thread in the Smart Doll section when you feel well enough to make it!

Monty

Gah I need to read over my posts more to try to catch every dumb thing autocorrect does. Obviously I did mean 'shrine' and not 'she in'.

I guess I never really considered what age Kaito 'should' be, but mid-20s seems about right. I have been buying him a lot of presents but they've inadvertently all ended up SD16 size which is a little baggy. The bagginess is kinda cute but I hope I can get him something better fitting before I leave so I might try sd13 too.

Anyway on a previous topic, I hope the Kaitos can meet in the Boys Club thread! (although someone else may need to post first because I feel awkward posting twice in a row;;)

Noxxbunny
Gah I need to read over my posts more to try to catch every dumb thing autocorrect does. Obviously I did mean 'shrine' and not 'she in'.

I guess I never really considered what age Kaito 'should' be, but mid-20s seems about right. I have been buying him a lot of presents but they've inadvertently all ended up SD16 size which is a little baggy. The bagginess is kinda cute but I hope I can get him something better fitting before I leave so I might try sd13 too.

Anyway on a previous topic, I hope the Kaitos can meet in the Boys Club thread! (although someone else may need to post first because I feel awkward posting twice in a row;;)

I know how that goes. If I had a dollar for every time my autocorrect did something stupid, I'd have enough for Aki's body and a whole outfit by now.

I think almost mid to mid 20s stuck with me because he's portrayed to be at least a bit older than Luka, who's 20. So that seemed like the right range to me.

I hope the SD13 size works out! Sizing can be so fickle sometimes.

I'll definitely try to post to the Boys Club when I get some more spare time! I had written something up earlier last week, and then my laptop crashed and I had to reinstall the OS and I lost it. Then I had a homework pile to finish. So hopefully I can get back to it tonight or Friday. That's if my teacher doesn't bombard us with another 50 question assignment due in 2 days over a weekend again. - A-

Noxxbunny

So speaking of the homework pile...Kaito always has to motivate me to do it. Out of the two of us, he's definitely the more responsible one in that regard.

kh1039i12sm_zpsipdbnfat.jpg

...I like him to wear the school uniform-ish outfit when I study. It's just feels more motivational if Kaito's in character for it.

Madhatter1068

Aww he is to cute now I need to post my miku

Mimiyo3

He's just too darling. My Miku gets kinda jealous when I don't spend enough time on her so on the occasion that I have work she tries to distract me! She's a bit spoiled.

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

Noxxbunny
Aww he is to cute now I need to post my miku

Aw, thank you! I hope you'll be able to post your Miku soon!

He's just too darling. My Miku gets kinda jealous when I don't spend enough time on her so on the occasion that I have work she tries to distract me! She's a bit spoiled.

If I end up procrastinating, that's likely to be even more time I'm not spending on Kaito, and he isn't having any of that. It benefits us both to just get the work out of the way. Even if it is hard to just sit down and focus on studying and homework sometimes!

littlebirdzoom

Oh my gosh he is looooovely! And I think you did a great job too.

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

Noxxbunny
Oh my gosh he is looooovely! And I think you did a great job too.

Thank you for the kind words! I appreciate it!

Noxxbunny

So some pictures I took earlier and didn't get around to posting.

kai19784_zpsink15sj7.jpg

I actually don't remember when I took this one. I think this was another one of those "I just want to snap a picture because the lighting looks kinda cool" moments.

kai0582-0498_zpsmtkipqht.jpg

This one was from another day I actually got to use the living room. But sadly, there really is nowhere good to take pictures in this house(It's decorated by my great grandmother, so pretty much every inch of the house is covered in family photos.)

But that's why I'm quite excited for the end of year when I move so I can decorate a place with my own style...I feel kind of silly for this being a factor, but "good natural lighting" is something I'm going to be looking for specifically for taking pictures of Kaito(And eventually Aki and whoever my girls end up being.)

But anyway, I'm still casually messing around with what I can do in Photoshop. There's so much to learn. I'll probably take a class about it eventually.

Monty

I really like that casual look on him! And good luck figuring photoshop out, I feel like I should also learn but I never really did because I draw in SAI. But it seems pretty useful as far as photography is concerned.

If your Kaito is motivating you, then he's motivating me too - to take more pics of my own Kaito now that he's finally home and not hanging out in multiple hotels. I did at least finally make a thread for him in the SmartDoll subforum, so hopefully soon I get some time to take him out in the garden or finally take a pic of all my Kaito stuff together like I've been meaning to since I got back. It's just that not long after I recovered from influenza I got really bad stabbing pains in my back that have made bending down almost impossible, and I do a lot of that when I take photos

Winnie

Your Kaito is really adorable. I love Vocaloid and DD. Seeing both in one picture is just magic for me so thank you very much for your pictures of Kaito.

e5d79c7ae25a4e66e41416e9f51315908677432er1-500-281_00.gif

Noxxbunny
Your Kaito is really adorable. I love Vocaloid and DD. Seeing both in one picture is just magic for me so thank you very much for your pictures of Kaito.

Aw, thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Noxxbunny

So I got bored one day, was feeling the sewing bug, but didn't want to do anything complicated and time consuming, so I made Kaito a cat-ear headband!

test1ek_zpshixfkxn3.jpg

"It's..."nya", right?"

I've been running around completely frazzled for the past week or so about upcoming life change stuff(college, moving, work and whatnot) and Kaito being an adorable catboy helps put my mind at ease. I can't lie. I rank animal ears very high on the cute scale.

test073j_zpssswrn1kr.jpg

"Am I doing okay being this..."cat" thing you told me about?"

...Did I mention that he's never seen a cat before? We're a dog, fish, and rabbit household.

tester1e_zpsrnx6cxoa.jpg

"All that stress is gone now, right? ...Nya."

(I always forget to put my thumb out when I close my hand. Old habits die hard, I guess. Whoops.)

But it is hard to stay stressed with such a cute face around.

...Now that I've done the headband, I might start working on some paw gloves and a tail next. That could also be fun!

(And as a footnote, I followed a tutorial for the headband part. I really liked it for how simple and easy it was to follow. Here it is for anyone who wants to make their own headbands too; http://www.sewingspark.com/tutorial-doll-headband/)

Monty

Oooh that's adorable!

I actually bought my Kaito a 1/3 Azone headband with the intention to either make him cat or bunny ears. Or both! I'll probably do bunny ears for easter. Thanks for the tutorial!

Those fists are so cute on him too ;-;

Noxxbunny
Oooh that's adorable!

I actually bought my Kaito a 1/3 Azone headband with the intention to either make him cat or bunny ears. Or both! I'll probably do bunny ears for easter. Thanks for the tutorial!

Those fists are so cute on him too ;-;

That'd be really cute for Easter! I want to see him with rabbit ears! I think I'm probably too lazy to do anything for it myself.

The fists are actually my favorite of the Obitsu hands! The grabbing hand has some long fingers and his default hands are the BIGGEST pain to get on him, even though I've thinned them out quite a bit already. So he ends up wearing the fists all the time lol. Well, at least until I switch him to some DD hands.

Noxxbunny

The lighting was finally good today, so I wanted to take a quick picture.

I made this sweater for Kaito about a week ago, but hadn't taken any pictures of it yet. I was still debating the design. I used the material from a sweater I never ended up wearing, so I though I would just downsize it(design and all)...but it didn't really work out. I may still want to add pockets and a hood though. Still have to work on my hand sewing, but I think I'm improving bit by bit.

kai7528_zpszlvz9u0x.jpg

Monty

Better than me by far, though. This hobby will probably be the one to finally get me to actually learn to sew, though.

Those colours look really good on him! I think you did a good job.

Noxxbunny

Aww, thanks! I hope you enjoy sewing if you decide to learn! I have a very love/hate relationship with needles and thread lol. But it is rewarding in the end.

Noxxbunny

So just a quick (badly lit) random photo and update. I haven't posted in a while due to various life stuff and also because...

kaito04209_zpsugratk09.jpg

Kaito has an idiot for an owner that broke his wrist. Yet again...I'm just trying to have fun with a bad situation. Kaito is quite patient and tolerant of my nonsense. Like when I had to put the face mask on him when I found that scratch near his lip.

I know you don't use an arm sling for a broken wrist...but I just wanted to try doing it for some reason. The little scrap fabric "bandage" on his wrist is what's actually keeping his hand on right now...so I can't exactly move it. BUT, I have already ordered a new pair of wrist parts, so he'll be fixed and good as new again in no time. Lesson learned here...don't try to swap hands without using heat. I had done it before, and I guess I just put too much pressure on it while trying to remove it this time. @_@ Just when I thought I had basic care down...I did something dumb and avoidable. Still a newbie over here after all. At least it was fixable!

Monty

Oh no! He's really been through a lot. But better a wrist than something more expensive or impossible to replace I guess.

At least the sling is cute.