Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Noxxbunny

Noxxbunny's Photo Thread

Noxxbunny
Oh no! He's really been through a lot. But better a wrist than something more expensive or impossible to replace I guess.

At least the sling is cute.

Yeah, he really has! I feel bad that I put him through so much, but he never particularly seems unhappy about it. I like that he keeps that smile on him no matter what happens lol.

The sling was cute while it lasted! He was finally freed from it because I actually got around to working on his coat today.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Noxxbunny

So I finally got the guts to change Kaito's eyebrow color to the darker shade. I don't know how I'll deal with it down the line with his other outfits and his other pair of eyes, but we'll see.

kai096820_zpsenyfepog.jpg

I tried my best to match his eyebrows to his hair color and I think it worked out well enough! I'm just glad I didn't mess up the shape when I was painting. One tweak to the eyebrows can change a whole expression and I definitely wanted to keep the expression he already had.

And as far as projects go, I also decided to make a mannequin for sewing!

kai5792q9_zpshpbil4hc.jpg

(excuse the bad pinning for now. I haven't gotten around to completely adjusting the coat for the mannequin yet.)

Now Kaito doesn't have to directly model clothes while I work on them anymore. His body double here will do it for him! This was actually shockingly simple to make too. And I'm glad I found a use for this Pullip/Taeyang stand. At least for now.

The whole thing only took me about an hour an half from start to finish. I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures of the process though. It involved wrapping his torso in tin foil and duct tape and it was so ridiculous looking! I couldn't help but crack up from time to time while I was working on this. Really glad I did it though.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

ions

Your Kaito looks great. I you nailed the color there, it looks a lot more natural (for lack of better word). I don't know what the other eyes you have look like but I think as long as you keep the same hair color it would still work.

Monty

The new eyebrows look great!

And its exciting to see you working on his vocaloid outfit. I wish I had the time or patience to sew... I'm just considering commissioning someone one day instead but probably not for a while.

Noxxbunny
Your Kaito looks great. I you nailed the color there, it looks a lot more natural (for lack of better word). I don't know what the other eyes you have look like but I think as long as you keep the same hair color it would still work.

Thank you!

And yeah, that's where my problem arises, lol. His other eye/wig set are a powder blue rather than a royal blue. So this color is very dark in comparison, but I'll work it out later! I'm sure I'll think of something!

The new eyebrows look great!

And its exciting to see you working on his vocaloid outfit. I wish I had the time or patience to sew... I'm just considering commissioning someone one day instead but probably not for a while.

There are times where I've been working on this where I think "I should just commission this" because it does get frustrating. Without that though, then I guess it wouldn't really be very fulfilling to do in the end. I'm some kind of crafting masochist in that regard. I will probably end up commissioning someone for the shoes though. I haven't really thought of a way to work around that yet.

I do sort of have a crazy idea to buy Parabox's loafers(I like them because they also have magnets in them) and then sculpt around them with epoxy, but I think it would probably look bad. I'm not good at making clay look smooth. But who knows. That's way down the line for me at this point too.

Noxxbunny

The freaking hinge on my laptop snapped a couple weeks ago, so now that I have my replacement casing, Kaito was kind enough to lend me a hand with repairs.

kai09823_zps9zac1jll.jpg

"You think I could jump-start a really tiny car with these?

...Probably not, Kaito.

ka82647_zpsx5r3xuye.jpg

"Here...As long as you aren't using it for any of my screws!"

So Kaito faithfully stood by my side while I worked on this freaking thing. For five hours. I'm not too good at this yet. And he'll have to do that again tomorrow. I put the casing back on crooked or something after re-assembling, but we are done for today.

Monty

! Are you making Gakuran Parker?! It's my fave module.

Somehow he looks right at home with a screwdriver. Danny needs to hurry up with the option Eiji hands so my Kaito can be more 'handy' too.

Noxxbunny
! Are you making Gakuran Parker?! It's my fave module.

Eventually, I am! That one is also my favorite! It's just so cute~ I love it. I'll be gathering pieces like the headphones and glasses and such for a while, so he gets a half outfit for now. I hope I can finish it relatively quickly though, since it's not as complicated as his coat or anything.

Somehow he looks right at home with a screwdriver. Danny needs to hurry up with the option Eiji hands so my Kaito can be more 'handy' too.

After seeing the new hands for the Smart Doll girls, I'm really curious to see what Eiji will get too! I hope it'll be all the hands the girls have, at least. Then it seems like your Kaito would be able to grab or grip anything!

I'm probably going to have to ask around for advice on this idea of mine, but I was even sort of thinking of hybridizing my Kaito with Smart Doll hands if it's possible. The sizes look more similar. Since apparently DD hands fit a bit big on Obitsu. So if I did go ahead with that, I'd probably be wanting to use Eiji's hands since they'd be more masculine. Obitsu really puts me in a bind here with their lack of hand choices. It's either SmD or DD for me if I want anything more than 3 choices.

I just want those cool new grip hands so I can have him hang off ridiculous things.

Monty

I'm not sure if it would hybrid well (or at all), but I do follow someone on twitter who has both an Eiji and an obitsu boy, so I might ask her later if Eiji's hands fit on her Obitsu's.

I dont know if Eiji was getting gripping hands or not, nor do I know how many sets of hands Danny has planned (the new gripping hands for the girls are in the second set of hands that are different to the first). Not sure what the holdup with them is exactly, but at the moment I dont really have the money for them anyway so I guess I cant complain.

Noxxbunny

If you do happen to ask, I'd definitely be interested in knowing how that turns out! I'm not opposed to using the girl's hands either, so I may ask K-2 if he could test it as well since he owns a Smart Doll now too. I just hope it's not a bother since I also had to ask for his help when it came to fixing Kaito's broken wrist.

I'm just really curious if this could work. I hope it can, since I like the sculpts of SmD hands best so far. If not, then I'll just go back to my plan of using the DD hands. Even if they are too big. I just need more gestures down the line. I just can't do much with such limited options.

And on top of that, the possibility of having a 3 company hybrid doll really intrigues me too. In a crazy sort of way.

I think if it does work...then I may want to hold out too to also see if Danny will ever consider breaking the hand sets up. Because I don't really want all of them. But same, I wouldn't be able to buy any hand sets for a while yet anyway. I just find myself thinking really really far in advance when it comes to these things for some reason.

Noxxbunny

So kind of a lot of pictures today? More than usual at least.

I had one I took the other day when it rained that I think turned out kinda decent.

kai56361_zpszhpp8bpr.jpg

I wanted to get some of the actual rain in the shot...but it didn't really work out. Maybe next time...if that wasn't the last rain we get until Fall.

Other than that, I was messing with a few other things today. So I ended up buying another shirt from LiquidsugarBJD because they fit so well. And on top of that, Kaito has been branded

kai5261_zpsk4jlm2y1.jpg

I think I'm going to re-do it though. It didn't come out exactly how I wanted. But the neck/collarbone area has always been my favorite location for the number to go. Since Kaito doesn't officially have a number anyway...I'm glad I can have a little freedom with design and placement. I mainly wanted it to be somewhere that was easy to cover up if I didn't want it in a picture too.

After that, I was messing with a new stand I got. I picked up one of the craft store stands while fabric shopping at Jo-Ann and it actually works better than I expected it to!

kai6462_zpshlnjwtxg.jpg

(I was attempting to do some poses that the Kaito Figma can do...)

It can do one-legged, at least! Though I'm not sure how much of that is the stand itself and how much is the magnet in his foot. The magnets stick to this stand REALLY well.

kai9323_zpsnihrsopo.jpg

And it can do...sort of off the ground? His foot is only like a millimeter up. But hey, I give credit where credit is due. Not bad, craft store stand! I'd recommend it to people who just want a little more stability to posing the legs, but aren't doing dynamic posing. I'm much happier with it than I expected to be, and now I can leave Kaito home without worrying about coming back to find him faceplanted on the ground.

Monty

I'm really gonna have to look into liquidsugarbjd for not only Kaito but future dolls too because that is one cute donut shirt.

And the branding looks cool! Ive been meaning to put more marks on mine but as of now I don't even have his nail polish on. Seems kind of weird to not have it lol. I will probably do it soon since I bought some tamiya gloss before solely to use it for my bjds faceup (lips etc) and seems a waste to not use it for anything else. Might have to wait till after the end of this month to give him a manicure though cos I'm pretty flat out trying to get an illustration anthology completed for a con next month ;;

The stand pics look great too

I suddenly wondered, do you have plans for any friends for him? Other large dolls I mean - whether it's different characters or more Kaito variants. It'd be fun to see him interacting with other dolls.

Noxxbunny

LiquidSugar's stuff is great! I really recommend her. She's always been very nice and she's generous with little gifts that she includes with orders. That bracelet and the ice cream charm that Kaito is wearing are two things she gave me with the donut shirt. On top of that, she included a human size bracelet, another little bead bracelet, and some cute little My Little Pony tags. On my previous order...she had given me an entire free shirt! I was really surprised! Though I never have Kaito wear it because it's black and red lol. She tends to make designs in limited runs, so I just check back every couple weeks to see what's new. She seems to be low in stock on stuff right now, but she usually has a decent selection going.

Oooh, I'd totally like to see how the Tamiya gloss comes out! Mine lacks that nice shiny look. Good luck with your anthology for the con! That sounds really cool! If you don't mind me asking, what kind of illustrations are you doing for it?

And oh boy...when it comes to getting Kaito friends, I have too many plans! I'm putting Aki on the back burner for now since his head mod isn't going well, and I think I really want an MDD sized boy or girl first.

But besides that, I still have to see how Rin and Len come out...or if Sakura Miku or Luka will ever be a thing. Too many choices!

I haven't fully decided yet, but I just know that right now, I'm dying to mod a DDH-01. I have access to a dremel this time, and I did a practice run on a Parabox P-Chan head, so it should come out better than how Kaito's face mod did. I just don't know if I want a boy or girl yet. I really want to buy and make dresses and things...but I just seem to have the total inability to bond to female characters of mine. I interact with Kaito so much, so I wouldn't want to treat her like a mannequin and nothing else. I may just wing it with the head first, and then see what happens character-wise. I'm hoping to have head and body done in November/December, but it may be earlier if off-topic sales of mine go well. Details are up in the air, but I definitely want more large size dolls in my life!

Noxxbunny

Got some new clothes in the mail today...

kai848_zpsqheocgmb.jpg

"Uhhh...thanks? This shirt is pretty small though..."

Luckily for Kaito, this isn't his shirt! This is part of a starter outfit for my second boy, Miles! I posted Miles' faceup here for now viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14494

I have his wig on the way, and I should be able to get his body in a month or two as long as the exchange rate can hold a little longer. So that means Kaito will have a younger brother to tend to pretty soon. I think they'll get along well. ...They both wear a lot of blue, so I think it'll at least be fun to take pictures of them together.

Kremie

Oh I love him! Especially the blue hair.

Noxxbunny

So yet again Kaito makes a good and loyal companion. I've actually been down and out sick the past 4 days or so. I ended up accidentally mixing two medications that my doctor didn't warn me not to mix -_-; and that really jacked up my kidneys for a bit. I had to put myself on bedrest for 80% of the time since I was in a lot of pain. So Kaito stayed by my side until I was feeling like my usual self again.

kaiblur11_zpshm4rdwhs.jpg

He really was helpful with keeping my spirits high. His cuteness along with the Stitch tsum tsum plush eased the pain a tiny bit. Luckily, I'm feeling pretty alright now, so we can get back to our usual routines.

Oh I love him! Especially the blue hair.

Aw, thank you! c: I love the girl in your avatar too, btw. Her outfit is adorable!

Noxxbunny

Miles' wig came today! Exciting! So Kaito was kind enough to let him borrow his body so I could cut his hair properly. This wig looked short on the doll model, but to be fair, a lot of resin boys seem to be longer in the face than DDs...so it ended up being quite long on Miles. I had to cut off a good amount of it. Other than that, I'm extremely happy about the quality. I bought it from For My Doll. Their shipping and communication could've been better though...I'm too darn happy with his look to care though.

mittens2_zpspor2wocb.jpg

Miles' actual outfit is a cat-ear cape, so I let him wear the closest thing I had to it. And because of his cat theme...9 times out of 10, you guys are going to see me calling him "Mittens". Before I had a name pinned down for him, I started jokingly calling him a cat name as a placeholder and it stuck.

mika

Ahhh! That's exciting. I swear I've never seen Kaito before and I'm glad I did now. Thanks for the direct link Noxx! He's just soooo adorable! I really like how DDH07 worked as a male DD. I do enjoy seeing his photos here. Makes me want to have my own boy soon. I'm sure he'll be a great addition!

That new wig looks PERFECT on him seriously! I've been wanting to get either brown or black for my boy. So I really like yours!

When I'm ready for my own boy, I'll be sure to pm you for advice!

Noxxbunny
Ahhh! That's exciting. I swear I've never seen Kaito before and I'm glad I did now. Thanks for the direct link Noxx! He's just soooo adorable! I really like how DDH07 worked as a male DD. I do enjoy seeing his photos here. Makes me want to have my own boy soon. I'm sure he'll be a great addition!

That new wig looks PERFECT on him seriously! I've been wanting to get either brown or black for my boy. So I really like yours!

When I'm ready for my own boy, I'll be sure to pm you for advice!

Aw, thank you! No problem at all! I hope you'll be able to get your own soon too! I always love seeing more boys around here.

I wish you luck with wig hunting for your future boy too. I felt like black was easier to find than red brown. Darker chocolate browns were in steady supply though.

Noxxbunny
Miles is so cute ;-; have Kaito hug him for me?

The second he gets a body of his own, I'll take a lot of pictures of them together! I may take a floating head picture for laughs though lol. Miles' (hopefully) permanent eyes will be getting to me soon, so I'll have to do one then!

Monty

Oops, didnt realise you said he was borrowing Kaito's body.

Can you elaborate on the negatives with For My Doll? I really like what they have and am considering using them in future.

Noxxbunny
Oops, didnt realise you said he was borrowing Kaito's body.

Can you elaborate on the negatives with For My Doll? I really like what they have and am considering using them in future.

Their thing with me was just total lack of communication and apparently that's odd for them. So I ordered an in-stock wig, of course. Then it was just sitting for about 8 or 9 days. The reviews on DoA all pretty much said they ship in a day or two, so I emailed them around the 9th day just to make sure everything was okay and that I was actually going to get the wig since I know stock mistakes happen(especially when wigs sell out as fast as theirs do), and I never even got a response. Then they didn't even email me when the wig shipped.

So it seems my experience isn't the norm, but I would've appreciated being answered when I ask "Hey, I'm a first time buyer, is my order okay?" But otherwise, in terms of wig quality, I'd say they're top-notch. It's VERY soft and there were no flyaways or anything. It's so silky and nice!

I would just be a bit wary on length and size if you use them for your Kaito or for a DD. Miles' wig ended up being very long on him. This is actually his wig; http://formydoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=1018&b_code=B20090308035539&c_code=C20090308035648

Looks short on this guy, but it went down to his(Or Kaito's) shoulders. The bangs also went totally down his face. He looked like a feral wolf boy or something. Which is why so much cutting was required. But of course, I'm sure this depends all on the head you use the wigs on.

Monty

Most likely I'll be using it for a resin boy some time in the future, if not my resin MSD girl I'm hopefully getting myself for my birthday late this year. But it's odd theyd be so big on a DD when DDs have such big heads to begin with.

Noxxbunny
Most likely I'll be using it for a resin boy some time in the future, if not my resin MSD girl I'm hopefully getting myself for my birthday late this year. But it's odd theyd be so big on a DD when DDs have such big heads to begin with.

If you do order from them, I hope it works out well! The rest of their wigs really do seem nice, and I am loving the softness of the one I have.

If it doesn't, I would think a wig of this quality would hold its value quite well and would be easy to sell off. At least that's what I told myself when I ordered. But yeah, I wasn't expecting it to be large like that either. If anything, I was worried about it being too small for the same reason. I'm actually wondering now how it would've fit on Kaito since his head is larger.

Edit;

Got bored enough to try it out. His eyebrows are really what make this not work here.

kai7492re7_zpseozuayhc.jpg