Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Noxxbunny

Noxxbunny's Photo Thread

Monty

LOL somehow his pose looks like he's pretending nothing changed and he's waiting for you to say something.

The style does look good on him though, eyebrows aside.

Noxxbunny
LOL somehow his pose looks like he's pretending nothing changed and he's waiting for you to say something.

The style does look good on him though, eyebrows aside.

That absolutely sounds like something he would do! I can also picture him keeping a good poker face, but he's actually snickering like a little kid on the inside about how funny and clever he thinks he's being.

If it weren't for the eyebrow thing, I think would've kept the wig on him for at least a day or two. I also rather liked this style on him.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Noxxbunny

So I went to the fabric section of Walmart for the first time in a quadrillion years and found out they sell these cotton fabric squares for under a $1...so I decided to practice making clothes with them. Turns out, they really have the perfect amount for making doll clothes.

(Also, I have no idea if male chests are covered under the NSFW photo rule, so...uh, maybe NSFW? If it is, someone just let me know and I'll fix it somehow?)

I made Kaito some summery shorts! With wristbands and sandals.

kai8293_zpsaaodcqgt.jpg

(Since I can't take Kaito to an actual beach...a picture I took from the beach has to do. )

This does make me want to take him to the beach one day...Maybe. The day I took this photo, no one was there. I'm just so shy at the idea of taking him out.

Pants are surprisingly fun to make though. I thought I was going to hate it. They are hard though! At least for me. The belt is actually necessary on this one. I made the waist a bit too large. Oh well. I can always try again! Next time I go over there...I'm probably going to buy one square in all the patterns. So many projects to be done!

And speaking of projects...let's just say Kaito is getting an upgrade in my next post. I hope you'll all find it as entertaining as I'm finding it. But until then...it's a surprise!

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Monty

Hehe, the stripey pattern almost makes it look like those old-timey bathers. But it does also look like it could be a PD module (and a lot better than the speedo goggles ones he has..)

Can't wait to see the upgrade!

Noxxbunny
Hehe, the stripey pattern almost makes it look like those old-timey bathers. But it does also look like it could be a PD module (and a lot better than the speedo goggles ones he has..)

Can't wait to see the upgrade!

It does look sort of old-timey, huh? That makes sense too since I was sort of going for a little bit of a hipster look? I'm not too sure. I wing it and I'm not super well versed in fashion lol.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't really like the google speedo outfit...Personally, Plaid Resort is my favorite Kaito swimming module, but it doesn't seem to get much love.

syntaxerawr

Kaaito!!! He's such a handsome feller!

✪ ☆ ☆ ☆ ✪ ☆ ☆ ☆ ✪ ☆ ☆ ☆ ✪ ☆ ☆ ☆ ✪

SyntaxErawr on Instagram!

28620509485_2a3af690fb_o.png

| Yoki (SmartDoll Mirai) | Kiyiya (DD Hatsune Miku) | Kagali (DD DDH-06) |

✪ ☆ ☆ ☆ ✪ ☆ ☆ ☆ ✪ ☆ ☆ ☆ ✪ ☆ ☆ ☆ ✪

Noxxbunny

So, finally, I got the pieces I needed to give Kaito a little upgrade.

After dismantling him and putting him back together...

kaito23523_zps5o6kfsoq.jpg

"Huh? Is there anything strange about this USB cable..? I don't think there is. I'll take a closer look at it, I guess?"

kaito2932_zpstf5lmkzx.jpg

"Wait...! This is attached to ME! What kind of upgrading did you do!?"

That is correct...! It IS attached to Kaito! I always wanted Kaito to be electronic or digital in some way...and I was super impressed when Danny Choo started doing stuff with his Smart Dolls that incorporated technology. I admire that so much.

Being on an Obitsu body...Obviously Kaito will never be able to do half of the same things they do, as his body was just not built for it. But, in his own way, he can at least do something, even if it's small.

kaito2132_zpscj33rtak.jpg

Kaito is now a small storage device! He's not anything fancy though. In his torso, he now has a 64gb flash drive connected to a USB extension cord! Now he's no longer rivals with the laptop...they can work together!

I've mentioned a few times that Kaito is near my laptop like 80% of the time. So this is also convenient for me. I have an external drive as well, but it's a little bulky, and I find the light on it sorta annoying. And most importantly...I don't always need everything that's on it. To be honest, I'm using Kaito more like a digital scrapbook. Naturally, he keeps all my music, as well as all my Kaito related videos. On top of that, I store the pictures I take of him and Miles on this drive too. If it's a digital file near and dear to me, Kaito gets to look after it, pretty much. So now all that empty space in his torso has been put to good use!

Kaaito!!! He's such a handsome feller!

Late reply, but thank you!

Monty

That's so adorable!

So I take it that the cable is just going between the seams of his torso and chest-plate? Or did you cut a hole in him?

elianti

Oooh now that's nice addition! Kaito's reactions to both you and Torino's upgrades are hilarious!

The 60cm spine frame isn't very bulky but I'm still surprised you were able to fit a flash drive in there. I've never seen a 55cm boy torso in person, but a regular flash drive stick would not fit in a bjd obitsu 60cm or any of the 50cms at all without modification. ^^"

Noxxbunny
That's so adorable!

So I take it that the cable is just going between the seams of his torso and chest-plate? Or did you cut a hole in him?

Yup. It just goes under his chest plate. I did debate cutting a bit...but decided that would just be too much for when I wanted to remove the cord sometimes. Having him have a USB tail was quite tempting though...

Oooh now that's nice addition! Kaito's reactions to both you and Torino's upgrades are hilarious!

The 60cm spine frame isn't very bulky but I'm still surprised you were able to fit a flash drive in there. I've never seen a 55cm boy torso in person, but a regular flash drive stick would not fit in a bjd obitsu 60cm or any of the 50cms at all without modification. ^^"

Thanks! I'd say I lucked out, because the flash drive and the extension cable are a snug, but perfect fit. When I first had this idea, I was originally trying to see if my portable battery charger would work, and yeah...there's no way it ever could. But I knew SOMETHING could. This body has so much space between the spine and stomach. I'd say maybe like around an inch of empty space? Kaito's stomach has always been quite...squeezeable? And then that's when I got onto the flash drive idea. There's no warping on his stomach or anything, and it doesn't impact his mobility at all either. So I'm happy it worked out.

I'm surprised it wouldn't work on another 60cm body though! I guess there must be less room between the spine and stomach on those bodies? I've never seen another Obitsu in person either, so I wouldn't know. D:

Monty

Well, if you dangle the USB cord down so it comes out from underneath his shirt it could look like a USB tail, even if its technically coming from his upper back.

elianti

Thanks! I'd say I lucked out, because the flash drive and the extension cable are a snug, but perfect fit. When I first had this idea, I was originally trying to see if my portable battery charger would work, and yeah...there's no way it ever could. But I knew SOMETHING could. This body has so much space between the spine and stomach. I'd say maybe like around an inch of empty space? Kaito's stomach has always been quite...squeezeable? And then that's when I got onto the flash drive idea. There's no warping on his stomach or anything, and it doesn't impact his mobility at all either. So I'm happy it worked out.

I'm surprised it wouldn't work on another 60cm body though! I guess there must be less room between the spine and stomach on those bodies? I've never seen another Obitsu in person either, so I wouldn't know. D:

I'm sure it would fit in the older(discontinued) 60cm soft body A bust and torso! That body is thicker than the newer bjd one, which was made to be really slim for aesthetic reasons. Though thinking about it again, I may have underestimated the thinness of the 60cm spines and maybe it could work in the bjd torso as well if you try hard enough.. though the small of the back on that torso really is small xD My modded 60cm has had a 50cm spine for a while, and that part does take up more space because of the extra joint. I wasn't able to fit a usb stick in there without an imprint of it showing on her stomach, though admittedly I haven't bought a new one in ages.. ^^"""

Noxxbunny

Been busy this past week or so, but I have a clear weekend, at least.

I've never taken Kaito out of the house before, so I'm still figuring out how to go about that. I'm going to be house-sitting for my grandma along with my mom for around 4 days, so I want to take him with me. I thought maybe he'd fit nicely into my larger purse...

kai84912_zpsnxhgk74c.jpg

...unfortunately that idea looks like a no.

I may just curl him up Rozen Maiden style and put him into a box that I normally keep my paints in. I'm half-smuggling him over. I really don't think my mom would care if I brought him more openly, but I have no idea how to bring that up lol. Maybe I'll work on it.

sinclair
I really don't think my mom would care if I brought him more openly, but I have no idea how to bring that up lol. Maybe I'll work on it.

Easy, just carry him in just as you have pictured. If she doesn't care, nothing will be said, if she does, then she'll say something. Moms are like that.

Noxxbunny
I really don't think my mom would care if I brought him more openly, but I have no idea how to bring that up lol. Maybe I'll work on it.

Easy, just carry him in just as you have pictured. If she doesn't care, nothing will be said, if she does, then she'll say something. Moms are like that.

Well...stuff will be said. And by stuff, I mean a few jokes at my expense. But they wouldn't be mean-spirited or anything.

But yeah, I should just bring him like that. Hilariously, she's seen him faceup-less, eyeless, while I was painting him, while I was modding his face...but she's never seen him complete like this. That may even be a relief to her lol.

jazijaz

The USB extension cord is an awesome idea!

I swear, your Kaito is the cutest thing ever! he looks fine sitting in your bag that way did he travel like that in the end?

I just put mine in those happy birthday/Christmas paper bags, or when in a hurry I just put them inside a large garbage plastic bag (I really need to invest on a good carrier bag for them lol )

Noxxbunny
The USB extension cord is an awesome idea!

I swear, your Kaito is the cutest thing ever! he looks fine sitting in your bag that way did he travel like that in the end?

I just put mine in those happy birthday/Christmas paper bags, or when in a hurry I just put them inside a large garbage plastic bag (I really need to invest on a good carrier bag for them lol )

Aw, thank you! And in the end, he ended up going in my backpack...in two pieces. he was too cramped in there, so I took his head off and packed it separately. I'm thinking of getting a carry bag too...it was a huge pain!

I didn't end up getting to take any good pictures. We stayed for a fraction of the time that I thought I'd have. ;_;

kai2037201_zpscrq8iwwr.jpg

"We're leaving already? But we just got here!"

I am for sure taking him to my first doll convention in October. So I have to find a good transport method by then! He's light, so I may just carry him the whole time.

(And just so I don't double post in the same day...I'm gonna continue on here with what I meant to post today )

Speaking of that convention...it motivated me to re-do Kaito's faceup again. I want to put my best foot forward there since everyone else's dolls look so impressive! Plus, he was due for a re-blushing anyway. Figured I might as well go for a total re-do.

kai049210_zpsepc7dxgo.jpg

He's been modded a little further around his eyes. I still have the HARDEST time with eyebrows I must've wiped and re-done these ones at least 15 times...but practice makes perfect. I'll probably try again before October.

And as a bonus...Kaito takes it upon himself to welcome and befriend any and all new collection additions to the household.

kai04u2_zpshugisag6.jpg

"Just don't zap me, and we'll get along just fine!"

I collect Shinx things, so he's quite used to hanging out with these cute electric lions by now. Perhaps he's just drawn to electric types from being an android...

jazijaz

The new face up makes him look mischievous while keeping his innocent countenance. He's so precious!!

I like your face ups and how you created him. It doesn't look like a DDH-07 no more. He's unique in his own way.

Monty

I agree! I was just looking at these all "what sculpt was this again?? doesnt DDH07 look way different to this?" then remembered all the mods you'd done.

He looks so mischievous now!

Noxxbunny
The new face up makes him look mischievous while keeping his innocent countenance. He's so precious!!

I like your face ups and how you created him. It doesn't look like a DDH-07 no more. He's unique in his own way.

Thanks so much. I'm glad he kept an innocence to him. The mischievous look...I maybe have to warm up to it some more. I'm still really iffy about whether I like him that way. Sometimes I think it's really cute, and other times, I'm looking at him and thinking "What are you so smug about over there?"

I take a weird sort of pride in how different he looks now. Maybe it's a little fun to make people stop and try to figure out what head sculpt he is!

I agree! I was just looking at these all "what sculpt was this again?? doesnt DDH07 look way different to this?" then remembered all the mods you'd done.

He looks so mischievous now!

That's honestly what I love the most about DDH07, is the versatility. Not that you don't find it in other head sculpts, but I find that a lot of DDH07 look radically different from one another. I actually find that I recognize this head through the eye and nose shape now lol. And the only head to fool me often is Saber. But there are a handful of customs where I had to be told it was DDH07 because of the modding as well.

Though I do have to admit my modding isn't even unique or anything. Kaito's modding was based heavily off of this one's;

maerdeifllod-img600x600-1390920860na0xdq59455_zpsmmgxjjz0.jpg

Unfortunately, he lost that nice and slight lip definition I wanted to keep when he got that scratch on the side of his mouth. So I always intended him to look more like this. Just with a different faceup and no nose mod. But that aside, I am happy with the final modding result he has.

Hilariously, the artist who modded that head turned out to be the same artist that made the eyes I'm using for Kaito and Miles! I didn't even realize it until I noticed that the eyes on this head are identical in style to Miles'. I just find it so funny how it unintentionally looped that way.

pukilouis

he is really handsome! I love the hair, eyes and look! Very nice! And the clothes fit great, congratulations, you're a handsome boy !!!!

Every time I have more desire to have a boy anime!

Parabox And DollfieDream Lover.

Sin%20ttulo-1%20copia_opt.jpg

Parabox Facebook Group: Parabox Obitsu Doll Lovers

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1660092734307638/?fref=ts

Noxxbunny

So a couple things today...me messing around with photoshop again. Poorly lol. I wanted to use this picture for something else, but it didn't work out. The concept was that a certain blue-haired robot was being a bit too clingy about me leaving to go shopping without him.

kai1771_zps0upqrsza.jpg

But...honestly, that faceup didn't last. It was not doing it for me. I re-did it again already. >_>;

This one is okay too...but it's still not what I wanted for him. I AM proud of myself for doing such thin lines though!! I never thought I could. I was trying to work off a reference this time, but it didn't really come out like the ref...

kai33_zpsp9lguvvt.jpg

I think it's the eyebrows again. I tried a different stencil method this time, and it helped, but again, the arch is in the wrong place. I like this gentler look, but he sometimes looks a bit...worried? So, again, I'll take a break and try again sometime. @_@ but it's not like I hate this look for him. I think I just need to maybe thicken his eyelines a teeny bit more. Sometimes it makes his eyes look too high up on this head.

he is really handsome! I love the hair, eyes and look! Very nice! And the clothes fit great, congratulations, you're a handsome boy !!!!

Every time I have more desire to have a boy anime!

Thank you so much! I always like to see other people's boys too if you ever decide to make one!

jazijaz

He does look more gentle!

I know what you mean by not feeling happy with a face up, no matter how great it is. The good thing is that you're working on him until you get where you want to be with his looks.

If I may ask, what's the stencil method?

Eyebrows can be a bit tricky but my nemesis is the eyelashes! (Thank goodness I don't have to worry about that with DDs). For eyebrows I only use pastels since I'm still a newbie and I still haven't mastered the use of acrylic paints. I shape the eyebrow with a kneaded eraser and when I have the perfect shape I continue with more pastels for shading (and watercolor pencils when I paint on BJDs). I'm always open to new techniques, that's why I'm interested in that stencil method.

Noxxbunny
He does look more gentle!

I know what you mean by not feeling happy with a face up, no matter how great it is. The good thing is that you're working on him until you get where you want to be with his looks.

If I may ask, what's the stencil method?

Eyebrows can be a bit tricky but my nemesis is the eyelashes! (Thank goodness I don't have to worry about that with DDs). For eyebrows I only use pastels since I'm still a newbie and I still haven't mastered the use of acrylic paints. I shape the eyebrow with a kneaded eraser and when I have the perfect shape I continue with more pastels for shading (and watercolor pencils when I paint on BJDs). I'm always open to new techniques, that's why I'm interested in that stencil method.

Since this was the first time I was even able to make such a thin line, I can't even imagine doing the lines for eyelashes Oh man, mine would be so bad. Terrifying to think about. At least I'm at a halfway point. I'm happy with the modding, and that area of the faceup, but it's really the eyebrows getting me. They're just so important to the expression...it's hard to get exactly what I'm going for. The eye shape is a bit hard too, but I manage with that WAY better lol.

I actually should be partially doing what you're doing. I tend to outline with watercolor pencil, then I go over it in acrylic after. I think I'll try my pastels + the stencil instead so I can use the kneaded eraser!

They split it into pages, but this is the stencil tutorial I was following. http://www.g36.net/ocdesigns/eyebrows/eye1.html I was just using the method though, not the eyebrow templates. Though they are handy.

Monty

I like how he looks all 'mwahahaha' about not letting you go though, pft.

I hope you can get him exactly how you want him eventually! I'm far too chicken to try it with my own Kaito, but I'm thinking of commissioning someone to make his face a little more Kaitoish.