Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kitsune

Nier Automata x Dollfie Dream

electricalcorvid
On 6/20/2020 at 6:02 PM, Cauldroness said:

Wow @electricalcorvid , everything is amazing from head to toe! Can I ask who produced the dress? It looks gorgeous.

The dress was made by Saphar BJD Tailoring on Instagram. :)

50037462613_7cf0ab1e33.jpg105455586_1517303998443027_739766321675042831_n by the.linea.alba, on Flickr

50037462608_f11844df26.jpg103714723_1517303668443060_3773634961690126100_n by the.linea.alba, on Flickr

• Like 9

whisski

Hi everyone,

I'm absolutely delighted to say that I just received my shipping notification from Volks USA that 9S and 2B are on their way to me! I was part of the 3rd wave of Volks USA orders for these two, so anyone else who, like me, waited till the 11th hour to order will hopefully be receiving shipping notifications soon! (Now to hope they're free of the neckhole cracking)

Dollvari

Nice I just checked my email, and I also got the shipping notification for 2B@onion29@

I was also in the Volks USA 3rd wave.

Edited by Dollvari
  • Like 1

marishade

I just confirmed that I also received my shipping notice! 2B and 9S are on their way! Really hoping they get to me by Friday so I have them before my weekend trip.

I am so excited for all of us! Hopefully we do not hear about any more cracks.

• Like 2

BeyondTime
41 minutes ago, marishade said:

I am so excited for all of us! Hopefully we do not hear about any more cracks.

Dunno if you are DHL or EMS, but DHL is still faster than EMS but slower than they usually are. I think this probably has to do with flights, and once stuff is on the ground they are operating normally.

Hopefully she gets to you soon, and crack free. Now that they know about the issue let's hope they have replaced all the defective heads pre-shipment.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

marishade
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

Dunno if you are DHL or EMS, but DHL is still faster than EMS but slower than they usually are. I think this probably has to do with flights, and once stuff is on the ground they are operating normally.

I am actually using VolksUSA, so USPS Priority for me. Sometimes packages from them get to me in two days so I am crossing my fingers.

• Like 1

nettle_tea

After sitting in shipping limbo for nearly a month, my 2B has finally arrived!! She is so, so lovely.

The first thing I did when she got here was open up her head to check for cracks... there is only one long crack, but it doesn't appear to be very deep and the head isn't loose...  I'm concerned that the crack could widen over time though... does anyone have experience with this kind of damage?

oyashiro

An update on my end - 

I sent my head to Volks USA to be checked, and it looks like a replacement will be shipped out.

We would like to inform you that we have received the package.

Tomorrow, we will inform your Warehouse Department to ship out your replacement.

Once it has been shipped out, you will receive a confirmation email along with the tracking number.

They also asked that I send 2B's bodysuit, because I mentioned that mine had a tear in the bust region. Here's hoping that is included as well, or else that will be kind of awkward ^^;

I am definitely happy that they are going to be replacing the head though. She was already pretty loose on the peg, so I was worried. 

• Like 2

mayaiincho
10 hours ago, oyashiro said:

An update on my end - 

I sent my head to Volks USA to be checked, and it looks like a replacement will be shipped out.

They also asked that I send 2B's bodysuit, because I mentioned that mine had a tear in the bust region. Here's hoping that is included as well, or else that will be kind of awkward ^^;

I am definitely happy that they are going to be replacing the head though. She was already pretty loose on the peg, so I was worried. 

I need to send mine soon... 

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

BeyondTime
12 hours ago, mayaiincho said:
22 hours ago, oyashiro said:

I need to send mine soon..

As far as I know their warranty period is pretty short, so I would get it in the mail sooner rather than later.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

mayaiincho
3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

As far as I know their warranty period is pretty short, so I would get it in the mail sooner rather than later.

Yeah, i'll go ahead and send it tomorrow.

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Dollvari

2B just arrived yeah!!!!@onion24@Her head cap was slightly open, i'm assuming Volks checked her. I took her out of the plastic, and inside her head is perfect no cracks@onion20@

She did have some of the pinkish over spray like most. Looked her over and found a blue dot stain on her inner right forearm@onion16@ Will have to finish looking through her items, and probably email Volks about the stain.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Dollvari said:

Looked her over and found a blue dot stain on her inner right forearm

Volks Dream Rescue or Twin Pines Remove-Zit work wonders on stains if you decide you just want to treat it yourself.

You can also use benzoyl peroxide, but I've never tried that myself. Plenty of folks here can offer advice on that though.

Ideally they should replace the stained part, but if they don't or it's just not worth the hassle of mailing the part in, you should have no issues making her good as new with a little effort. 

jazijaz

well, nobody bought 9S from me so I paid for him and I will keep him...

My plans didn't work out. I was planning on giving the body to Sky and make 9S a girl but this male body is TOO TALL.  Even taller than the DDS male bodies I have here and Sky is not supposed to be taller than Jorgen and Benjamin. 😔 

On a positive note, I checked his head and everything looks great and no matter how many pretty long wigs I try on 9S he refuses to be a girl so I guess I will keep him as a boy and Sky will stay with his old body until Volks releases a regular DDS male body. I only have to change his face up because this one lacks personality (for what I want him to be) and I don't know when will I be able to do that... 

20200627_184910_zpsax8cqxwk.jpg

I see a boy no matter what lol it's OK, he will be another addition to my DD male crew! his name is Bellamy. 

Ps. I want to sell all his default stuff, wig, eyes, outfit etc DM me if you're interested. 

Edited by jazijaz
  • Like 2

TithorArgentus

He got here a week ago and I love him. I've been bringing him with me everywhere since, more or less. 

• Like 3

mayaiincho

At this point I wonder how many users have the issue with the cracking. I've only seen a few members so far. 

Secrets
7 hours ago, mayaiincho said:

At this point I wonder how many users have the issue with the cracking. I've only seen a few members so far. 

My 2b has a small crack, nowhere near what the others have had. Luckily, my 9s has nothing. I don't think I can post photos here yet to show it. I did email Volks about it, but got the same email the rest of them did, so I decided not to do anything since it was small.

Unrelated to the question but both my 2b and 9s are in storage in another country 😓 So I can't get to them myself. I did have them opened up and inspected on a video call though, so I knew if there were any issues. It sucks to wait so long and then still not be able to get them.

marishade

2B and 9S are safe and sound! People were not kidding. . . 2B's clothes are tight. Very tight. I am uncomfortable with some of the pulling I had to do to get things fastened. I probably would have designed how 2B's top goes on a little differently. . . And both 2B's and 9S's outfits use too much pleather. . . As someone else said earlier, I can see parts of the outfit starting to deteriorate in a couple of years, which is upsetting; hopefully I am wrong. 

9S's outfit is perfect, it is not complicated and looks spot on. His wig is not great. 

I also am not entirely happy with the color of both wigs in person. Will be finding white wigs for them to wear instead. 

Also, no cracks in either head!

All in all I am very pleased. I have not been able to take out the pods yet, have to find a place to display the dolls and their pods first, but my brief glance at 2B's leaves me feeling happy. Very happy I got both of them.

• Like 1

oyashiro

I received my replacement head and bodysuit (it arrived with a tear in the bust section) today!

It was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster, but I am glad Volks came through in the end.

...Even if she has some black paint inside of her head now, lol! I figure that is totally fine though. It will never be seen, and her head should be stable now, so yay! ^^

• Like 1

Dollvari
On 6/27/2020 at 5:13 PM, BeyondTime said:

Volks Dream Rescue or Twin Pines Remove-Zit work wonders on stains if you decide you just want to treat it yourself.

You can also use benzoyl peroxide, but I've never tried that myself. Plenty of folks here can offer advice on that though.

Ideally they should replace the stained part, but if they don't or it's just not worth the hassle of mailing the part in, you should have no issues making her good as new with a little effort. 

Thank you. I ended up emailing them including a picture, they agreed to send me a replacement part. Sent in the bad one today so just gotta wait.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Dollvari said:

they agreed to send me a replacement part.

I'm glad to hear it. It seems like they had some production issues with the Nier dolls, and it's good everyone is getting replacements for the stuff that had issues. I've never heard of this many issues with a release before.

solebria

Has the issues been only with 2B? I haven't heard from any 9S with cracks on the neck.

My 9S arrived today and I checked for any imperfections needed to report ASAP. Luckily everything seems fine with his body. I ended up boxing him again and just like Jupiter... he'll have to wait a bit before I take him out. Meanwhile, I'll be in the search for a new wig that fits him better than the official one as well as picking some casual clothes. I never had a DDB, so I have a feeling, it will be a journey finding him clothes that I like and that actually fit him.

Innocentsake

Maiya_ng gifted me with a lovely ginger colored wig and because I didn't have any wigs that looked good on 2B I put it on her.

She looks too good in this wig 😍 I do have a silver wig for her with my proxy, Zenmarket, but she will be rocking this wig till I get it shipped. Paired with this excellent outfit set from Flowerdollroom, 2B looks perfect.

20200627_190736.jpg

• Like 9

hanasori

I had thought UPS had lost my 9S because it was -out for delivery- for a few days and it turns out that Volks had printed my address wrong, off by one number and the carrier couldn't find me. Address on Volks account and billing address was correct on my end so I'm thinking it was error by manual input. This whole day was an ordeal; the UPS hub I went to pick up 9S from were having problems of their own and people were standing in line all the way around the building. Took me 6 hours in the sun since morning til mid afternoon and, thankfully, I finally got my 9S home.

I'm horrified to read about all the problems that people are having with the cracked 2B heads. My 9S head came very loose but after adjusting it it seems to be fine. They should resolve this issue because this is obviously a defect in the product. I guess I'll have to monitor my 9S too in the next few days just in case.

I did a recording of the opening today. The wig is the worst wig I've had from a company ever lol. It's very crunchy and cut up in all the wrong places. I thought my SDGr Lucia had the worst doll wig but 9S wig takes the cake. :'D Well, I was expecting it from the pictures so I'm not so surprised and / or upset there. I'm not really feeling his default faceup in person though, it looks very different from the promo pics. If I decide to have him out of his default he's getting a new faceup. I'm extremely impressed with the details put into Pod 153. Every little part that I didn't even remember seeing while playing the game is there (that plug in the back! <3). Despite my heat-fried-brain nitpickings, I'm so happy to finally have him home. I thought it would never happen with 2020 being an... eventful.. year.   

• Like 3