Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kitsune

Nier Automata x Dollfie Dream

growcian
22 minutes ago, Elagabalus said:

Do the cracks affect the way the head sits on the neck in any way?

With mine, her head is very loose. Just touching her head lightly will make her look in another direction. The head is loose enough so if I were to turn her upside down, her head would slide off if the neck peg wasn't curved (and instead straight). Maybe the ribs of the peg would prevent the sliding but the fact remains the damage is big enough to make the head loose in the first place.

22 minutes ago, Elagabalus said:

I'd still be super worried about the cracks worsening over time :(

This is my main concern.

After taking the additional photos Volks USA requested, I put her back into her box because I don't want to make a bad problem worse. I'll hopefully receive another response later today.

Edited by growcian
  • Sad 1

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

Elagabalus
18 minutes ago, growcian said:

With mine, her head is very loose. Just touching her head lightly will make her look in another direction. The head is loose enough so if I were to turn her upside down, her head would slide off if the neck peg wasn't curved (and instead straight). Maybe the ribs of the peg would prevent the sliding but the fact remains the damage is big enough to make the head loose in the first place.

This is my main concern.

After taking the additional photos Volks USA requested, I put her back into her box because I don't want to make a bad problem worse. I'll hopefully receive another response later today.

Oh no, that's awful! I was hoping the issues were just cosmetic. I'd still be terrified to move my doll's head if it had any cracks whatsoever, and the ones I've seen in this thread look pretty large. It took an extreme amount of force for me to get my Arle 2nd's head off to fuss with her eyes, I can't imagine having a head that would just flop off? My Arle's vinyl is really soft and velvety, more so than any of my other DDs. What's 2B's vinyl feel like? (I checked inside Arle's head just because she's fairly recent- no cracks here)

I really hope they can fix this for you!

• Thanks 1

oyashiro

Yeah, I wouldn't really mind if the cracking was just a cosmetic thing, but it definitely makes the head feel much looser, so while she can pose okay for NOW, I am definitely worried for the future x_x

• Sad 2

growcian
21 minutes ago, Elagabalus said:

It took an extreme amount of force for me to get my Arle 2nd's head off to fuss with her eyes, I can't imagine having a head that would just flop off?

To be fair, the head is loose. The head remains attached to the body because of gravity and the shape of the neck peg.

I would like to make a suggestion for future reference. I would not use force to remove a doll's head. I would heat the back of the doll's neck with a blow dryer, and then warm up the neck hole once the neck is soft enough to squish and you have access to the bottom of the head. This controlled heating should only warm up the neck and the underside of the doll's head. (I want to avoid warming the areas near the doll's eye sockets.) Once the neck hole is soft, the head can be slid of the peg with minimal force. I do this to avoid damaging the doll head.

Opinions on how to heat a doll's vinyl may differ from person to person but I don't think anyone in this hobby will disagree heating vinyl will make the vinyl soft.

If you actually did what I described above with your doll but it still required a tremendous amount of force to remove the head, then something is amiss.

@onion35@

As for my 2B, I don't have to heat her neck hole at all because I can easily slide her head off from her neck peg.

@onion15@

37 minutes ago, Elagabalus said:

What's 2B's vinyl feel like?

I haven't paid attention to this so I haven't noticed anything in particular. Once I noticed the cracks, I avoided and will continue to avoid touching her head as much as I can. I won't be describing the feel any time soon.

• Like 1

growcian

I just received an unacceptable response from Volks USA.

Before I go off the deep end and start using colorful language, I'm going to give myself a few hours to let my anger subside just a little bit.

Saying I am not happy with the reply would be an understatement.

Edited by growcian
  • Sad 3

Selenae

@growcian Oh, no. This doesn't sound good at all. 😰

growcian

I might give myself a few days before I do anything significant. While I'm angry, at this point, I'm more emotionally exhausted than angry.

Long story short, I was not and will not be offered a replacement.

Now I need to figure out what to do next. Being exhausted and angry isn't a winning formula for making a good decision towards anything significant.

One thing is for certain. I'll need to attempt repairing/minimizing the damage so I can prevent the cracks from getting worse. I'll post a repair guide everyone can use in case I'm not alone in this boat.

Edit: The repair guide for 2B's head will require something more involved than what I already posted in the Care and Repairs section of this message board.

Edited by growcian
  • Sad 1

Selenae

@growcian - No replacement?! That IS unacceptable. Honestly, that completely puts me off doing a pre-order of any sort with a DD. I hope you'll figure something out, and I am sending all my good luck your way.

• Thanks 1

Katiazza

I of course can't guarantee anything, but a couple of times in the past an issue has come up and volks initially refuses to fix it. But once it becomes apparent it was a problem with a whole slew of dolls (sabers leg pegs come to mind) they eventually do replacements for everyone. With this being a head though, I'm unsure what will happen. But it definitely is not an isolated incidence so I would encourage anyone with this problem to reach out to volks even if it doesn't seem useful right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

*Yuzu* DDS Yaya

*Yuuko* DDIII Aozaki Aoko

*Sakura* DDII Uryuu Sakuno

BeyondTime
11 hours ago, growcian said:

I thought they had a 2 week warranty on defects?

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

growcian
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I thought they had a 2 week warranty on defects?

I might as well copy and paste most of the reply I received.

[Conclusion]:

Due to the nature of the soft vinyl, some cracks in the neck of the head in the Dollfie Dreams are inevitable. 
The presence or absence of the cracks and the size of the cracks may vary from one to another, and is difficult to prevent due to the limits of technology. 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Please note that if the crack has not reached the outside, the strength is not significantly different from other individuals. 
We recommend that you use it as it is without using a lot of force.

If the head is wobbly, please insert it into the body frame; if it is floating, please reinsert it firmly.

[What we can Offer]:

If you are still unsure, you can send us back only the head and we can inspect it for you in detail. 

While I have a lot to say about what was written above, I'm going to hold off on that for now because I'm still angry.

• Sad 3

BeyondTime
1 minute ago, growcian said:

If you are still unsure, you can send us back only the head and we can inspect it for you in detail.

You could try this and see what they say. That may give them a chance to evaluate it more thoroughly than just with photos.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Lynn
15 hours ago, growcian said:

And that is exactly the main reason why I have not and will not buy any doll from Volks. Ever. I can buy from Mandarake a second hand DD, because I can trust Mandarake to list all the defects they can possibly find. But not from a firm who doesn't seem to have a quality control of whatsoever and still has guts to decline to take responsibility for their own mistakes.

Edited by Lynn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

TithorArgentus

Anyone else from wave 2/ international still waiting for a shipping notice? It's been a month now. aaaa

growcian
On 6/5/2020 at 8:05 AM, BeyondTime said:

You could try this and see what they say. That may give them a chance to evaluate it more thoroughly than just with photos.

After being told the cracks are the Volks equivalent of Wabi Sabi, I found this non-offer "offer" to be unacceptable. I took the non-offer "offer" as coded language for, "We'll make things as difficult as possible for you with the hopes you'll give up. If you don't accept our offer, then we can say you turned down the help we offered".

(For anyone reading this, if you don't know what Wabi Sabi is and why it has a negative connotation, please ask in the Smart Doll section of the forums.)

When I initially reached out for help, I sent in one photo showing the cracks. I was then asked for more photos in the reply and when I sent them, I specifically stated if more photos are necessary please ask for them. If the excuse is the photos themselves are not adequate to evaluate the damage, then I shouldn't have been asked for more photos in the first place. The offer to inspect the head should have been made in the first place instead of wasting a week of my time.

If the help offered for the inspection was sincere, then the Wabi Sabi explanation should not have been given. I should have been offered an inspection without telling me the cracks are normal. I should have been offered an inspection because the photos are inconclusive without telling me to suck it up.

If I accept the non-offer and send in the head, Volks USA can then say the head was inspected and the cracks are within normal. I have no trust left in Volks USA no matter what the condition of the head; my expectation is nothing will be done.

If I reject the non-offer, then that gives Volks USA legal cover. I could have a strong case for legal action if my pleas for help were outright rejected and no offer for an inspection was made. By turning down the inspection, Volks USA can say it's my fault for turning down the help when it was offered. The fact I find the "help" to be inadequate is irrelevant. It will be my fault for turning it down no matter how worthless I feel it is.

I was unsure what to do next.

I had a discussion with a local friend (another doll collector but he didn't pre-order either of the NieR: Automata dolls). He called Volks USA, talked to someone there, explained my situation, got some info, and then told me to call Volks USA instead of just asking for help by e-mail. I called. I spoke to someone and then I made arrangements to drop off the head on Monday for inspection. I asked how long it would take for the inspection to finish. I didn't get a definitive answer to that. All I got was the head will be tested for defects and the amount of time for that can vary. After I got off the phone, I felt a little better having been able to speak to an actual human being instead of corresponding by e-mail with someone who writes like an emotionless machine. However, the end result is this was no different from the offer of the head inspection after the Wabi Sabi statements in the e-mail.

At the time, I decided to drop off the head at the Volks USA office because I didn't want to send through the post office. I thought I would get a faster response by physically taking it there myself. I received my supervisor's permission to come in late for work on Monday. I could drive to Volks USA first thing Monday morning, drop off the head, and then head to work. The drive to Volks USA would take about an hour and another hour to get to work. (My job is close from my own home.)  I then started to think about what the hell I was doing. I was jumping through hoops. It would be easier to just send in the head by going to the post office. However, that's still going through extra effort for something I felt was inadequate in the first place and whatever trust I had was already shattered.

I thought about this some more.

I decided I won't turn in the head for inspection.

When the local friend who went through the trouble of calling Volks USA learned of my decision, he was initially upset because he thought his effort was for nothing. I said that wasn't true. If he hadn't pushed me to contact Volks USA, I still would have been indecisive towards what I wanted to do next. By pushing me to contact Volks USA, I came to several realizations and I concluded dealing with Volks USA wasn't worth my time and effort anymore. I can then proceed to attempt repairing the head myself instead of experiencing yet another week of anxiety and anguish over hoping I'll be offered a replacement. The local friend's actions did a lot of good by making me be proactive instead of praying for a miracle. What I decided to do was an unexpected result for him but if he hadn't gotten involved, I wouldn't have stopped flip flopping over what I wanted to do next for quite a while. I thanked him for that and he was happy what he did didn't go to waste.

Re-pasting the last e-mail I received again:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you very much for your patience.

After discussing with our Doll Expert as well as our Headquarters in Japan, please see our response below:

========================

[Conclusion]:

Due to the nature of the soft vinyl, some cracks in the neck of the head in the Dollfie Dreams are inevitable. The presence or absence of the cracks and the size of the cracks may vary from one to another, and is difficult to prevent due to the limits of technology. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please note that if the crack has not reached the outside, the strength is not significantly different from other individuals.

We recommend that you use it as it is without using a lot of force. If the head is wobbly, please insert it into the body frame; if it is floating, please reinsert it firmly.

[What we can Offer]:

========================

Thank you for your understanding.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,

VOLKS USA Web Service Team

VOLKS USA, INC. 1108 W. 135th St.

Gardena, CA 90247

TEL:(310)782-8324

FAX:(310)782-8394

URL: http://www.volksusa.com

E-mail: service@volksusa.com

Please check out our Dollfie and Scale Facebook Pages!

Selectively sharing my thoughts for specific lines:

Due to the nature of the soft vinyl, some cracks in the neck of the head in the Dollfie Dreams are inevitable. The presence or absence of the cracks and the size of the cracks may vary from one to another, and is difficult to prevent due to the limits of technology. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

This is the Volks version of Wabi Sabi. Wabi Sabi being used as an excuse not to address customer problems causes Smart Doll owners anguish.

The inconvenience is I'm going to go through some anxiety being worried about how much worse the cracks will get.

Based on my personal experiences with *anything* with damage cracks in them, I strongly disagree with this statement.

We recommend that you use it as it is without using a lot of force.

I would not be rough with the doll even without the cracks.

If the head is wobbly, please insert it into the body frame; if it is floating, please reinsert it firmly.

I facepalmed. I'm afraid of causing additional damage by firmly reinserting the head back onto the neck peg.

[What we can Offer]:

I was convinced at this point Volks USA isn't going to offer to do anything beyond inspecting the head if I were to send it in. Any trust I had towards the company is now gone.

Now a criticism which can be laid toward me is I didn't do everything I could have done by rejecting Volks USA's offer for the head to be inspected. The criticism can be I don't have the ability to predict the future and I don't know for sure if Volks USA would have refused to offer a replacement after an inspection. They're true, I didn't exhuast all options and I don't have the ability to predict the future. I think I've made it abundantly clear in this post and in the previous ones throughout this thread how much anxiety and anguish this issue has caused me. I've made it abundantly clear I don't trust Volks USA to provide me with a satisfactory answer. Based on what's happened so far, I came to the conclusion being offered a replacement is a zero probability. I didn't want to wait another week to find out if I'm wrong. What I was experiencing was just too much and I didn't want to deal with it anymore. I decided to cut my losses instead of going through more anguish.

I had an "old man" realization. Seeing this fight to the bitter end isn't worth it to me. I'm mentally exhausted. I'm tired. I'm tired of being angry. If I were a few years younger, I might have forced Volks USA to tell me the damaged head is within what's expected after an inspection. While I know I'm not the oldest person here, I'm old enough to be a dad to a large percentage of people who may be reading this. The "old man" realization made me conclude spending another weekend and then another week, waiting for an answer I hope to get but likely won't, while suffering continuous anxiety until I receive a reply one way or another isn't worth it to me. Because this hobby is one of the few joys I have in my life, something going very wrong and then obstacles thrown into my face with little to no likelihood of a satisfactory conclusion has left me demoralized and depressed. I decided against going through another week of anguish by deciding against forcing Volks USA to inspect the head. Based on the Wabi Sabi and "advice" I received in the above e-mail, I concluded sending in the head is a waste of my time. The trust is gone. I don't want to spend any more time being miserable over my hobby. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops or feel anguish over my hobby. I decided to move on instead of spending any more time and energy over getting a satisfactory answer I likely won't receive.

I received 2B on May 28. ("2B" and "28" look identical in a small font.) I waited 18 months for delivery. I was temporarily happy. I thought I could breathe a sigh of relief. My happiness was shattered when I noticed the cracks around her neck hole on May 30. This ruined my May 30/31 weekend. I sent an e-mail asking for help and I received a reply asking for more photos on June 1. I took additional photos and sent them within minutes of receiving a request for more photos. I received the previously quoted e-mail on June 4. Phone call made on June 5. If I were to go through with submitting the head for inspection, I'll ruin my June 6/7 weekend and possibly the following week by continuing to go through the anxiety and anguish I had the previous weekend and throughout the previous week.

I'm currently performing repairs on 2B's head. Once I started to perform the repair, I started to feel better. The anger, anguish, anxiety, and other negative feelings didn't disappear but taking the action to perform a repair made some of my negative emotions subside a bit.

This whole experience has been negative enough to make me consider what I can and can't expect from Volks. If anything, I now won't have the enthusiasm I used to have for Volks products and news. Saying "I'll never buy from Volks again" out of spite is a silly idea. I may need replacement parts some day and I may not be able to buy them secondhand. I'm also not a big spender. Since 2B is the most expensive Volks item I ever purchased, losing income from me having some silly boycott isn't going to dent Volks' bottom line much.

The young lady I spoke to representing Volks USA knew/said I was a long time customer. The only way she would have known that is by getting my name from the local friend who called ahead of time. I'm not sure what info she had. My Volks USA online purchase history shows my first purchase was in 2016. Unless she was looking at an old database, she wouldn't know about this:

20200606_130618.jpg.849826f8961ab22c00ed8e86efbd3078.jpg

(I blacked out my real name in case anyone wondered why there's a black censor bar strip.)

The card shown above was made back when Volks USA still had a physical retail store. I didn't buy online back then; I obviously went to the actual store for purchases.

There's also my Japan doll shopping guide.

I visited every Volks retail store in Japan except the one in Sapporo. I tried to plan out my trips so I can eventually visit Sapporo and then say I visited every single Volks location in Japan. I haven't been successful so far. I also don't want to visit the Sapporo store anymore.

Thanks to my current employment, I was able to visit Japan for business trips or for vacation in every year since 2015. I visited Japan twice in 2016. The streak will be broken this year because of the global pandemic. However, I still plan to go again once I know I won't be put into quarantine after landing in Tokyo.

I was able to create the doll shopping guide because I had the ambition to travel as much as I can with the little time I had in Japan. I had opportunities to go to Japan in 5 consecutive years and I visited *some* Volks store during every trip. As I gained more experience being a DD owner, my expenditures at Volks retail stores increased. Even so, I still can't say I was a big spender. In total, I spent slightly less than what a licensed character doll would cost per trip. I mostly bought outfits and accessories. Looking at a lot of people who post in these forums, their purchases put mine to shame. I could try to find receipts and credit card statements to see how much I actually spent at Volks retail stores every year but I doubt I can be considered a high roller.

Going back to what I said earlier, threatening to never buy from Volks again out of spite would be silly. It would be an empty threat because I don't spend enough to make much of a difference to Volks. The membership card made in 2006 only shows when I first became a Volks customer. The Japan shopping guide only shows I visited every retail store except Sapporo. They don't mean much in terms of Volks' bottom line.

Looking back at all this, I've come to other realizations. Over the years, I've had all kinds of criticisms of Volks. A lot of them fair and quite a few which weren't. As I found a better paying job, I started to buy more and more Volks products. I had fun with the hobby. I appreciated the fact Volks made products I enjoy and the fact many retail stores exist in Japan. I was able to plan trips based on where these stores were located and then made plans to visit other places in the areas where Volks stores existed. While I did have personal ambitions of some day being able to say I visited every single Volks retail store, there's a bit of me trying to show my appreciation for these stores by visiting every one I can whenever I visit Japan.

The cracks at 2B's neck hole debacle has had consequences beyond my own anxieties, frustration, and bad mood. I previously planned my trips with the idea I'll visit every Volks store I can. I don't want to do that anymore. As much as I have complained about Volks over the years, I now realize and can't deny the positive impact its products had on my life. If I weren't passionate about this hobby, I wouldn't have gotten so worked up over it. After the debacle, I don't want to visit the Volks retail stores anymore. I don't want to buy new Volks products. I don't want to buy anything from the Volks Japan or USA stores. I don't care what new dolls will be announced. I don't care what outfits, shoes, or accessories will be announced. I don't care what the big news will be in upcoming Dolpas. The debacle has left me drained and greatly impacted what I want and don't want to do going forward. This debacle has made me wonder if I'm in the wrong hobby.

I'm going to wrap this up as soon as I can.

The actions I took concerning the cracked 2B head were right *only for me*. I was extremely angry and suffering from anxieties until I made the decision to turn down the inspection. While I'm still feeling the effects of frustration, I'm no longer anywhere near as angry as I used to be and I'm no longer suffering the waiting anxiety I described above. Since turning down the inspection alleviated all kinds of emotional issues, this is how I know the decision was the right one for me.

If you're facing the neck hole crack issue, don't copy what I did because doing that is likely not right for you. Take actions which are *right for you* and no one else.

If you're still reading this, thank you. I'll shut up now and hope to put this debacle behind me.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

Raine

I received my 2B from batch two! She is GORGEOUS but, sadly....bad neck cracks. The head sat loose and wobbly on the peg, each movement flexing the cracks open, which makes me worry about further breakage.

I received a similar answer when I contacted VOLKS USA who I ordered from. It was the 'limitations of technology'. I took a few videos of the movement of the head, ample photos, videos of the neck cracks expanding when the head was posed, expressed my displeasure at a $900+ product after shipping and an 18-month wait for something that is functionally damaged. I took the option to send my 2B head in. After 18 months...I can wait another few weeks.

They should get the head on Tuesday and I hope the outcome is good. :( It was disappointing to receive that answer, but seeing it in person may make the difference. I will update everyone on their answer when they inspect it in person. If they say it is what it is...well, I'll be pretty pissed, but there's ways to repair vinyl I suppose. She's still lovely...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

---

Astrid (Dollfie Dream Sister Anastasia)

Ana (Dollfie Dream III Towa)

Maddie/Mads (Mini Dollfie Dream f3 DDH-10)

Elise (Dollfie Dream Dynamite 2B)

BeyondTime
7 minutes ago, growcian said:

I thought about this some more.

I decided I won't turn in the head for inspection.

If this is the right decision for you then no one can really quarrel with it.

The main reason I was thinking sending it in might help is that they would be able to see how deep the cracks are and how loose the head is for themselves and that might result in a different appraisal than just photos where the crack might appear to just be on the surface. 

With that said, since you are proceeding with your own repair one suggestion I would have is that you want to avoid a repair where changes in temperature from season to season stress the crack and widen in. While I don’t know the best way to do this, you could focus on creating a good seal for the crack, and then secure the head on the neck a different way. 

• Like 1

Selenae

I have no words for this. Frankly, I find Volks' responses disgusting. I'm beginning to have second thoughts on whether I should buy another DD from them, because I fear I'll be given the Volks version of wabi-sabi bs as well.

• Like 1

CuteOne

I don't really understand the big upset, they offered you the solution to send in your head to be inspected to see if they would replace it? They never said that they wouldn't. Not sending it in seems like a "you" problem.

You know you can turn off signatures if they make you uncomfortable.

📸Instagram📸

growcian
Just now, CuteOne said:

I don't really understand the big upset, they offered you the solution to send in your head to be inspected to see if they would replace it? They never said that they wouldn't. Not sending it in seems like a "you" problem.

Yes it is. I thought I made that abundantly clear.

Elagabalus
4 minutes ago, Raine said:

I received my 2B from batch two! She is GORGEOUS but, sadly....bad neck cracks. The head sat loose and wobbly on the peg, each movement flexing the cracks open, which makes me worry about further breakage.

I received a similar answer when I contacted VOLKS USA who I ordered from. It was the 'limitations of technology'. I took a few videos of the movement of the head, ample photos, videos of the neck cracks expanding when the head was posed, expressed my displeasure at a $900+ product after shipping and an 18-month wait for something that is functionally damaged. I took the option to send my 2B head in. After 18 months...I can wait another few weeks.

They should get the head on Tuesday and I hope the outcome is good. :( It was disappointing to receive that answer, but seeing it in person may make the difference. I will update everyone on their answer when they inspect it in person. If they say it is what it is...well, I'll be pretty pissed, but there's ways to repair vinyl I suppose. She's still lovely...

Oh wow, that's awful that there's another cracked 2B and that you got a similar response. I really hope they replace the head for you! It'd be one thing if the cracks were only cosmetic (though I would worry about them worsening over time), but if you can't even keep the doll's head on straight then they really should be sending you a new one. 

When I got my Arle 2nd recently, I noticed a yellow paint splotch on her nose (her mask must have slipped when she was being painted? Or yellow paint got on the inside of one of the other masks that was applied) in addition to 3 or so black spots sealed into the faceup that looked like dirt. I contacted Volks with photos and they said to send her head back, so I did. They didn't outright tell me they replaced her head, but the Arle I got back doesn't have the paint defect OR the dirt stuck in the sealant, so I'm pretty damn sure they replaced her for me.

Crossing my fingers for all of you. Growcian, I would personally recommend sending the head back? The worst case scenario is that they send you the same one back, but maybe you'll get a replacement. They paid for me to ship Arle back to them, did they not send a shipping label to you for your 2B? 

• Like 1

Raine
Just now, Elagabalus said:

Oh wow, that's awful that there's another cracked 2B and that you got a similar response. I really hope they replace the head for you! It'd be one thing if the cracks were only cosmetic (though I would worry about them worsening over time), but if you can't even keep the doll's head on straight then they really should be sending you a new one. 

When I got my Arle 2nd recently, I noticed a yellow paint splotch on her nose (her mask must have slipped when she was being painted? Or yellow paint got on the inside of one of the other masks that was applied) in addition to 3 or so black spots sealed into the faceup that looked like dirt. I contacted Volks with photos and they said to send her head back, so I did. They didn't outright tell me they replaced her head, but the Arle I got back doesn't have the paint defect OR the dirt stuck in the sealant, so I'm pretty damn sure they replaced her for me.

Crossing my fingers for all of you. Growcian, I would personally recommend sending the head back? The worst case scenario is that they send you the same one back, but maybe you'll get a replacement. They paid for me to ship Arle back to them, did they not send a shipping label to you for your 2B? 

That's my thought too. WORST case they give you an answer you're already assuming. It's hard to tell three-dimensional issues through photos sometimes too, so maybe they didn't think the photos I sent were that bad? So, time will tell. :) C'mon VOLKS!

---

Astrid (Dollfie Dream Sister Anastasia)

Ana (Dollfie Dream III Towa)

Maddie/Mads (Mini Dollfie Dream f3 DDH-10)

Elise (Dollfie Dream Dynamite 2B)

CuteOne
5 minutes ago, growcian said:

Yes it is. I thought I made that abundantly clear.

In your own quote of their email it says the following:
image.png.adb240ab83fdb12df2965389b557aec7.png
They're willing to inspect the head, the email never said that they wouldn't replace it.

You know you can turn off signatures if they make you uncomfortable.

📸Instagram📸

growcian
1 minute ago, Elagabalus said:

Growcian, I would personally recommend sending the head back? The worst case scenario is that they send you the same one back, but maybe you'll get a replacement. They paid for me to ship Arle back to them, did they not send a shipping label to you for your 2B? 

Volks USA didn't get a chance to. It was Friday night and the office closed before I could send an e-mail. While I could speak to someone on the phone before the Volks USA office closed, I couldn't fire off an e-mail before closing.

It's also too late. I started the repair process and applied some adhesives. I won't be sending the head back.

• Confused 1