Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kitsune

Nier Automata x Dollfie Dream

archeotech
Hoping for a preorder as well. I'll customise her as A2 :3

The game is depressing but truly has an amazing storyline

There are multiple endings but you have to work hard to get them.

Also there is a lot of humor in there too.

Monty

I've only played the demo and I already want 9S. Just when I thought I had my upcoming doll plans under control and that Volks randomly rereleasing Renee would be the only spanner in the works -shakes head-

I'm hoping for preorder, but the way the announcement is structured has me wary. It says ''part 1'' of the Nier AutomataxDD project will be 2B, and ''part 2'' will be 9S - I dont know how they usually phrase announcements like that, but the wording makes it sound like they wont be released together?? I really hope it's just odd wording because it would be really weird to me if they werent released together even if they were lottery.

I swear if they both end up lottery and this years preorder turns out to be more IdolM@sters I'm gonna........be really cross.

Mimiyo3

They're being released separately? That's... Weird. I'm hoping it's preorder still and they're just expecting that much demand which would make sense considering how crazy popular the game is.

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

katnaper

Oh my... one is never safe I guess. I'm liking this girl very much. I really hope I love her face up and that she is pre-order.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Yukamina

I don't think they'll be preorder (they already have the Idolmaster girls for preorders), but do you think Volks int. will require payment upfront for preorders from now on? Unless they change their minds, which could happen.

Monty

? If they're preorder they'll be the next project. The Idolm@s girls are out in a few more months and Volks haven't even shown any teaser photos of these two so it's safe to say that whether they're preorder or lottery they're still gonna be a while off. I'll be surprised if we see them before Emilia, who was announced a while back.

I hope they don't change up the preorder rules too much though, although a deposit is fine.

Mimiyo3

I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least a required down payment of some kind. That's fine although considering my plans It'd probably be a little crazy.

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Yukamina
? If they're preorder they'll be the next project. The Idolm@s girls are out in a few more months and Volks haven't even shown any teaser photos of these two so it's safe to say that whether they're preorder or lottery they're still gonna be a while off. I'll be surprised if we see them before Emilia, who was announced a while back.

I hope they don't change up the preorder rules too much though, although a deposit is fine.

Oh, I thought it was too soon to announce the next preorders... It's only spring, and last time they did this weird countdown to the announcement in the fall.

Monty

given what a colossal anticlimactic waste of time the count down turned out to be I can't see them doing it again lmao (unless they do it long before the issue of Volks News that reveals who the new dolls are can be leaked)

But its not like a doll can only be preorder if its a doll that has both the announcement and appearance

all revealed at the same time like with Inori/Yayoi - Miku for example got the announcement first, then took a while to be shown and was then revealed to be a preorder doll. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to revealing what is and isn't preorder as far as I can see. 2B/9S being announced now doesn't rule them out when you consider how goddamn long it can take to see a prototype after the initial announcement. (Rin/Len took almost an entire year...)

While I want to believe the popularity makes a preorder certain, I'm pretty sure we all thought the same thing about Rin and Len so -exaggerated shrug-

Mimiyo3

To be fair I'm pretty sure this is at least somewhat more popular than Rin and Len in particular were. Maybe my perception is wrong but Nier Automata is shaping up to be one of the huge games of this year. Volks would have to be 100% brain dead to not to make them a preorder. And the fact that 2B and 9S will be released at different times actually kinda makes me think that's what they're doing. At the very least they're aware of the popular demand enough that they feel they'll have to spit up the production instead of doing both of them at once. I'm fine with this though, it means pricing will be more spaced out and if I basically need 2 of each then that would be helpful...

Present!

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

shikaree
To be fair I'm pretty sure this is at least somewhat more popular than Rin and Len in particular were. Maybe my perception is wrong but Nier Automata is shaping up to be one of the huge games of this year. Volks would have to be 100% brain dead to not to make them a preorder. And the fact that 2B and 9S will be released at different times actually kinda makes me think that's what they're doing. At the very least they're aware of the popular demand enough that they feel they'll have to spit up the production instead of doing both of them at once. I'm fine with this though, it means pricing will be more spaced out and if I basically need 2 of each then that would be helpful...

It got some good press, but Nier Automata is not one of the "huge" games of this year, by any measure. A while ago, SE said they shipped/sold/whatever 1m+ copies. It's not bad, but not particularly impressive.

It's hard to accurately gauge popularity of a character without actual data from a retailer or manufacturer. Without data it's just pure guessing, doesn't mean much.

I don't think it matters to Volks, at all, whether they do pre-order or lottery. They do not seem to have inventory problems.

Mimiyo3

I mean, it's in the top sellers list on steam right now so just in online PC sales (And this is factoring in that apparently the PC port is rather buggy, I haven't had any issues on it but others have apparently.)and I can't go pretty much anywhere online without at least seeing stuff related to it because so many people are talking about it so I'd say it's doing pretty well. Certainly good enough that Volks should take care and think about what demand will be like. They've been better since Rin and Len it seems but for quite a while there they definitely did have problems with not even coming close to meeting demand and subsequently pissing everyone off. Between the lost potential profits and the bad PR from this they were having a problem.

Also according to google search statistics this game kinda beat the twins pretty hard once it got going so it definitely seems like a better candidate for preorder than they were.

UCY5RET.jpg

Present!

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

finnleo

For something that was released not so long ago, considering the most exciting pre-release info was the features about moose riding in the game, and the option to nuke your save-game at some point. Suddenly its hailed as this quirky game that is the best thing you didnt hear about.

So naturally there will be more inquiries into the subject at the moment, than something that is quite well established within its fan or viewer base. Only time will tell, but come next batch of the AAA-titles it will remain to be seen will it stand up in the long run.

Even though the music video that featured the 2B doll was around before hand, it was also a big part of the DLC they released not too long ago, where after playing through it and getting said video reward, I thought it would be cool to have a 2B doll ... and and few days later here we were with the collaboration announcement, can only suspect a big conspiracy theory to keep intrest up while they have the momentum.

My personal thought could be that they are a Winter dollpa release, first item being 2B and the second item 9S ... maybe a a2 cosplay kit for 2B would be fun, but the slightly more crude body will be hard to replicate.

archeotech

For anybody interested in the game I recommend this review as it captures my own feelings very well.

I never played any Yoko Taro games before but this was simply awesome. I don't think everyone will like it but I's say there is a high chance you will like it.

Also the million+ copies in sales are sold copies which is very good! Shipped usually just means stocked in shops. Annoying thing is just how little Square has pushed this game in the west. Went into my local gamestop last week and there were zero copies there for sale which kinda sucks really. Anyway it's very successful in Japan and that will be the most important factor with Volks so it's very possible she might get released as a pre-order project...

Mimiyo3

An A2 cosplay kit would be amazing. And I get why the pessimism is here, but I think there's at least a pretty decent chance at these guys being preorder. And I agree with Archeotech about how well that review explains it. I haven't been so engrossed with and amazed by not only a game, but the story it tells in a very long time, if ever. It's just... Something else and the way it does things is inspiring and how it tells it's story is something I'm definitely taking notes on.

Present!

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

twistedkawaii
Hoping for a preorder as well. I'll customise her as A2 :3

The game is depressing but truly has an amazing storyline

There are multiple endings but you have to work hard to get them.

Also there is a lot of humor in there too.

I saw the different endings when my hubby was playing. The gameplay is pretty hardcore, knowing Yoko Taro. XD I wouldn't be able to finish it on my own.

Kirika; Len (Pico); Rise Kujikawa (Risette); Rise Kujikawa (Dahlia)

sinclair
The gameplay is pretty hardcore, knowing Yoko Taro. XD I wouldn't be able to finish it on my own.

Which is why I haven't pulled the trigger yet to buy this for my PS4. I'm no good with battle heavy games with complicated control style. Otherwise it looks wonderful, and the story is the kind I'd love. The battle system would make me rage quit.

archeotech

Well there is easy mode which gives you the option of using equipment which essentially plays the game for you.

littlebirdzoom
Well there is easy mode which gives you the option of using equipment which essentially plays the game for you.

I second this. I played it easy mode the first way through so I wouldn't get discouraged and quit before the end of the story line and it was worth it. Afterwards I just played the game over with each difficulty up. You still have to think and while it won't exactly play the game for you, it's significantly easier and will allow you to focus on the story without the rage quit.

No excuses sinclair, go get it

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

Mimiyo3

Honestly, I'm pretty crappy at combat games and I did pretty well for the most part on normal difficulty. It helps that you can set up various boosts to give you and edge and I just make it so I can tank hits and heal up pretty quick if need be. There was a bit of a learning curve but I was surprised at how intuitive the controls got. At least for me. Then again I play more video games than most people here probably. There's still easy mode though. So yeah please get it! You won't regret it!

Present!

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

RaveOfNightmares

Aside from one or two complex moves, i.e.; pod throw and pod kick, everything else is simple and intuitive without the easy mode. Thankfully there are only 2 places where a pod throw is even necessary for 100% completion and pod kick is never really needed.

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

kirei

I'm really excited for these. I've been wanting a DD for about a year now and thought I'd have to settle for Mayu (who's really cute, don't get me wrong, just not my ideal doll) -- I'm pumped that I may be able to get a twobee instead. >:3c I watched an LP of Nier with some friends and straight up sobbed at ending E. It's an extremely good, unique game and if you're interested in the story but don't have a PS4 or don't want to deal with the gameplay, try looking for an LP. It's not the same experience but still good.

JoltFiend

Is there any chance we'll hear any news about this soon? It's almost been two months since that teaser picture.

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

Poofiemus

I'm guessing we won't hear more till the latest Dolpa stuff is wrapped up--so, August at the earliest, I think.

I mean, Volks could decide to break pattern, but usually they like to keep their hype in waves.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Monty

My money's on the next Volks News in September, but there's a chance we'll see another teaser a few days before as usual. That's if they are this year's lottery dolls, anyway. If they're the December lottery ones then they'd be in the November issue of Volks News.

(But lol two months is nothing remember how we had to wait a whole goddamn year to hear anything else about Rin and Len 8'))