Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

belpita

Injection vs vinyl

Mothiraffe

I'm not at all surprised that Danny plans to move away from Vinyl dolls, even if I don't like it in the slightest and it fills me with dismay. I figured this was the next logical step...

... I gotta get Oceana ASAP. OTL

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

Silent

Edited by AmaFromEU

baldylox
23 minutes ago, AmaFromEU said:

Wig and eyes cost together 8300 yen. Also the face up does for sure just as cutting out and sorting.

The kits I am talking about are body and head only.  No eyes, no wig.  Just the blank body and head in Cortex with the parts still on the sprues, not the vinyl head.  The Cortex heads will not need any eye holes cut out as they are molded open. For that setup, *IF* he were to release them for around $100 or $150 USD, it would be a very good price point for people who want to customize their own characters using that as a base.  No one has any idea if he will sell kits like that and we also have no clue what prices will be if he does.  I am just saying that it would be nice to see.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Snarecrazi

The price difference isn’t as much as I thought it would be. But considering he hasn’t released blank heads I might give this kit a shot and see if I can build one.

Panda_Dolliess

It's probably too early to tell, but with the Cortex FBG selling out it seems that Cortex is pretty popular. Hopefully Danny will consider selling blank vinyl heads. I'm sure it wouldn't be to difficult to add since they won't be painted. He could then just sell the Cortex kits as Frame and Body only and people can buy blank heads separately. I bet the overall cost would be a bit lower. 

Yumeiro
2 hours ago, MaKayla_Panda said:

Hopefully Danny will consider selling blank vinyl heads.

He has promised several times to add them to the online store. But it never gets further than that.
So physical is the only place to get them, but then it's the "rejects".

magique

Seems like cortex Mirai is supposed to go on sale very soon.  

Tasuke

i was once looking forward to the possibility of 1/6 kits at a sane price point like $100 or so, but that just doesn't look to be in the cards.

i think i'll be sticking with 1/6 OBITSU. at least those are pleasent-looking enough and still quite affordable.

now, if OBITSU would finally get of their duff and begin producing their new 26cm. in quantity.

my MegaHouse Mikuru Asahina impatiently awaits for one for her own....

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

RainbowNanaki

I have a Cortex Mirai ordered 👀

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

Miabird24

Waiting on my cortex mirai too :) She'll be my first BJD!

• Like 1

Panda_Dolliess

Cocoa Cortex should be due sometime in August. Just like their vinyl counterpart, the Cocoa skintone in Cortex has some caveats. 

Zaliayn

For those who were interested, the Cocoa cortex kit is available for order in the CJ store now: https://shop.smartdoll.jp/collections/home-kits/products/smart-doll-mirai-cocoa-cortex-kit I think Mirai looks pretty cute in the cocoa skin tone, although that pink blusher has to go!

And interestingly with the re-release of Starlight, I've just noticed that you can now choose which body to have with your doll - vinyl or assembled cortex. Seems like all dolls that aren't in the new cinnamon skin tone have this option. The basic Sports Bra Set is 42,000 JPY for a cortex body vs. 52,000JPY for the vinyl body version.

Edit: 29/9 And here's the official announcement post - https://www.instagram.com/p/B2_iklgB1fW/

Edited by Zaliayn
Added update