Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

belpita

Injection vs vinyl

cfx

One of the people who got a Cortex hybrid at AnimeNYC has posted some fairly detailed impressions of it here:

Eiko82

I really don't like the seamlines but I'm glad that others are excited about it ^____^

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

UnderOrange

I definitely want one. I love seeing the innovative ways they get joints to work and I definitely want a girl I don't have to worry about getting stained.

I'm just in love with the Serenity face, too. Ahhh, i hope he releases her soon.

GagaDolls

❤️

Edited by whimsy
Error

magique

As someone who loves turtlenecks, the seams don't bother me at all. I'm so excited for cortex to be released. I really hope he'll release more information on the date/price soon.

cfx
Hi everyone, it’s SolaceofDreams from instagram!

I have another post up, which I hope covers a few more things:

I’m really loving the Cortex body, and I’m sure many of you will as well.

Hi I didn't know you were here.

I saw your IG posts and thought they were really informative and gave more info than I've seen otherwise yet, and I think you write very well so I linked them here.

freakie-oppa

There's a short video review of the Cortex body on the Smart Doll Lovers Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/Blitzenking/videos/2024982184189166/

Is it just me or does it look like the Cortex bust just seems so easy to split open? The reviewer was only fiddling around the arm and the entire bust just part on one side, and the torso piece was splitting open near the ribs.

Sure you can snap them back into place but I dunno.

I think I'm just going to wait for more reviews and see how it ages for a couple of months after the full release before figuring out whether I'd want to get it.

Kumi

I can bet many Cortexes will have bust swapped to vinyl, because reasons

Panda_Dolliess

In terms of the seams popping apart, can't you just glue them together? And if you are going to sand the seams down, wouldn't you have to glue the parts together beforehand anyway? I have zero experience with model building, so I have no idea how this stuff works.

Misuka
In terms of the seams popping apart, can't you just glue them together? And if you are going to sand the seams down, wouldn't you have to glue the parts together beforehand anyway? I have zero experience with model building, so I have no idea how this stuff works.

Often glue isn't needed because tension will hold the joints together anyway. Glue (even just elmers) will often be necessary if lots of rough play will be happening or if there is just 'that one joint that won't play nice.'

And sanding the seams is optional as well. Actually, all of it is. I think for people who want a fun project and really want to customize or try out extreme mods, the cortex bodies will be an amazing opportunity.

Yumeiro

Nothing official, as far as I know, at least.

But I found this quite interesting:

(Seam "removal" example)

Mame

I was wondering if that was the reason the body was being displayed!

Silent

There is a video on Dannys Twitter. The cortex is in production.

Panda_Dolliess
Nothing official, as far as I know, at least.

But I found this quite interesting:

(Seam "removal" example)

Wow! I wonder how difficult it was to remove the seam. That looks really good and is definitely worth the extra effort if you don't like seams.

magique

I feel kinda bad for complaining but honestly... cortex when. He said late March but we only have two days left of it. And, at that, it sounds like the first release will be kinda limited. I want that vinyl head/cortex body hybrid but I feel like, considering the current record for release times we won't be seeing that for a hot minute. 

20blackbags
5 minutes ago, sweets said:

I feel kinda bad for complaining but honestly... cortex when. He said late March but we only have two days left of it. And, at that, it sounds like the first release will be kinda limited. I want that vinyl head/cortex body hybrid but I feel like, considering the current record for release times we won't be seeing that for a hot minute. 

It looks like the cortex will come out soon even if it’s not this month like he said. Things do come up. He’s trying to release three types of cortex kits for the three types of collectors buying his doll. He might just be stalling to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible when he finally puts them up for sale. 

neonhologram

I like the idea of the Cortex if I think about it from a Gunpla building perspective. Seems like it would be fun to build as a kit. I would love to see some other interesting pieces in the same manner as the translucent parts to customize the girls in crazy ways.

Anybody see the new Plamohair? I could see this as an easy entry point for those who like anime figures, but aren't into wigs. I know some people are turned off by Azones and DDs because of the hair. Cortex is almost like a giant Real Action Hero with that Plamohair. Haha.

Mizuumi-no-Otome
1 hour ago, neonhologram said:

Anybody see the new Plamohair?

I'm like 90% certain it's an April Fools thing, Danny loves to do pranks like that lol

UnderOrange

I'll be interested to see if he does go anywhere with the sculpted hair. I like the look of it, even if it's very different. Might be kinda nice when out and about and you don't have the time to fuss with flyaways.

Miyuki

I was wondering if he was just testing for reactions with the Plamohair, But it opens up a lot of possibility for cosplay. Also if it comes plank and you can colour it yourself that would be cool,

I mostly like if for when I making outfits my girls can have hair that's not going to get messed up and it will stop them from sitting round bald.

c4tbus

i really like the plamohair! he also announced that only one of his posts yesterday was 100% april fools, and the rest are real innovations he’s been toying with!

there have been a couple of resin bjd released in the past that have sculpted hair and i have always loved it is an aesthetic and for convenience/traveling purposes! tbh a cortex doll with plamohair sounds like the traveling doll dream! 

Yumeiro

The most frequently asked questions are “when is blah available as Cortex?” and “when are the kits available?” If you hear other folks ask the same then direct them to this post to view the latest schedule as follows. Dates subject to change at anytime to favor quality.

2019/05/10 Cortex Complete (Mirai Anniversary, Gaia) soft launch (very limited numbers)

2019/05/20 Cortex Hybrid Mika Jougasaki pre-orders open

2019/05/31 Cortex Hybrid Mika Jougasaki shipping starts

2019/06/13 Cortex Complete (Mirai Anniversary, Gaia, Melody) official launch + shipping

This is the schedule so far - if what you want is not on the schedule then wait until it is 😉

Cortex info

Edited by Yumeiro

Mothiraffe

This was a good read and I'm glad to finally get a timeline on when we can lay hands on Cortex dolls for real. Interested to see the prices as well. Thank you for posting it!

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

baldylox

The pricing is what is going to make or break Cortex.  Knowing a full set of clothing is around $100 USD when you buy a full vinyl doll makes me think that a fullset Cortex is going to hit somewhere between $350 and $450.  With just underwear they may be less than $300 and I'm betting the kits you put together yourself are going to run around $100 to $200 depending on if you build the skeleton yourself or not.

These are only guesses but I recall Danny saying he wanted to come in at around the $350 mark with Cortex a while ago.  

I'm looking forward to them for sure and I do hope he winds up doing all his popular girls from the vinyl line in Cortex too.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.