The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Dollfie the Best Selection (Dollfie 20th Anniversary)

sinclair
And Illya, don't forget magic girl Illya. I want her so bad.

oh but which one?? The original brat or magical girl outfit??

and if Ilya gets plenty of votes to come back, with Volks bring back her optional outfits as well

I did say magic girl Illya. Her cute pink outfit with Ruby. I think her head is better than the other one, and the character has so much more personality too then the Fate one between the animes.

2f4b87d74e528d2b79a9bf52b9d30711.image.389x500.jpg

pandy

Kuro_and_Illya.gif

Hmm rather then a prisma illya re-release I think I'd like to see Kuro made. Re-using the same sculpt of course but in tan!

x01_Kuro_and_Ilya_600x338.jpg

As far as MDD go I love Mayu Tomano, And she's one of the oldest! I also love Noumi/Kud so i'd love to see either of those girls again. Interested to see what will be available for the next vote whatever the type may be

Eiko82

Gimme the MDDs!!! Arle's popularity needs to make the servers crash XD

Anyone have a particular choice? I wouldn't mind a re-release of Chihaya.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Shailara

If someone wants me to vote for any girl, let me know. I'm not interested in any this time, but I voted for Sasara just cause she's one of the few girls who are not smiling and we need more girls like that >_

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Monty

I’ll do Miki and Makoto and alternate between Kanu and Yoko.

The clothing round is the Designer Collections btw, and it’s realyl tough. So many good outfits there.

KonekoHigure

I voted for Alice and Kanu. My last vote will be spared between Miki, Ranko and Mai, I think. ^^

At home: Ashura (DD Ruri) - Nova (DDS Alice Kuonji)

Gabriel

For my first vote, I went with MOMO, Christmas Melty, and Ranko. White Sasara and Ranko may be alternating as I vote over the coming weeks.

I voted for the outfits, but I may not regularly do that. It's just been a few minutes and I've already mostly forgotten what I voted for. I think I chose one group with three girl's fantasy sets (Lady Wizard, Archer, and Thief, I think). I picked one steampunk group which had one outfit I was interested in. And t here was one dark group which had one outfit which I thought would be good for Cynthia.

Didn't vote for Super Dollfie options. I had no interest for anything there.

merry-go-round

I voted for ranko, alice and Yukiho.

At home : Hanae (DDS Chihaya)

cfx

I voted for Chihaya, Miki Hoshii, and Sasara v1. Wanted to vote for Ranko too but want the others more.

For outfits voted for the fairy outfits and some of the samurai or whatever ones.

Absolutely no interest in guy dolls so skipped the Super Dollfie voting.

SeirenMachina

Missed the first round but I would have loved to see Rise re-released.

For the second round I voted Saber, Melty (first version), and white Sasara. I would love both Melty and Sasara, Saber has been a grail for a while for me (I missed out on her and Jeanne but a day! >.<)

Astraea

I voted for Yukiho, Ranko, and Yoko I think, I'll probably switch it up every few days. The only one I'm set on is Yukiho right now, but I might put Miki and Millhiore in there eventually.

The Afterschool Akihabara Girls line has been conspicuously absent this entire time. I wonder if they're just not up for rerelease which seems odd or if they're going to be putting them in the same round as the MDDs?

Galvatim

I voted for Kanu, Ranko and Reimu. Might go for Miki tomorrow, Kanu is the only one I feel strongly about voting for. I also voted for the fairy outfits and the Lady Wizard, etc series. I'd love to have more of those outfits.

Afterschool Akihabara will be in whatever round gets the other Volks original characters. I'm looking forward to voting for Alna.

cfx

I guess they put up all the Designers Collection outfits by release, but I found it humorous there is both the initial release of Lady Wizard, Lady Archer and Lady Thief, and the rerelease set with only Lady Wizard and Lady Archer. Why vote for the latter one over the first unless you just despise Lady Thief and do not want her rereleased under any cirbleepstances?

elianti

Nearly all of my favorites are either DDS or DDdy, so just picking 3 is kinda hard for me. I’ll vote for Ranko, Miki, and switch between Yukiho/Kanu. I’m a little surprised to see so many people voting for Ranko! I really hope she makes it.

Seeing all the designers collection outfits lined up like that makes me wish Volks would hurry up and make a DD equivalent of SDGr boys and SD17.. so many outfits I want..

berettapunk

Really excited to see so many people voting for miki! Just a question tho, I didn't notice anything on if they have release dates setup after the voting ends. So in theory if miki wins, does anyone know when would she be available?

OMG WHERE ARE THEY ALL COMING FROM?!?!

Monty
Really excited to see so many people voting for miki! Just a question tho, I didn't notice anything on if they have release dates setup after the voting ends. So in theory if miki wins, does anyone know when would she be available?

No one knows that, unfortunately....it could even be a long time. I had a theory that at least one of the rerelease dolls for the first round will be out for December Dolpa but that's just my own hypothesis based on the fact that it will be Dolpa 40, which seems special, and has no other basis than that. Remember it takes a lot of time to plan and coordinate these releases (especially cos they all need new outfits and in some cases faceups), and even a doll from the round one voting making December could be pushing it a little. I would personally expect to see them spread out over the next 4-5 years just so that the next lot of releases arent entirely rereleases.

(for example I think its highly likely that SDC Renee's rerelease was due to the results in the LAST best selection poll, and she only came out last year lol.)

edit: apparently White Gothic Sasara came out in December 2014. 2014 was the same year as the last one of these, right? So I guess its not out of the question after all! (But were DDdy separate from DD that time?)

cfx
[...] especially cos they all need new outfits and in some cases faceups [...]

Based on previous rereleases, I also assume anything would get a new outfit as well. But then it's a little puzzling that, for example, we can currently vote for either version of Sasara. If she is rereleased she'll likely have a different outfit, so what difference is there between voting for the different versions? And I hope if that is what they're doing they combine the votes for the two in deciding how popular she is.

I guess they just list every single different release they have like my earlier comment on the Lady Thief and Lady Archer outfits, but it seems a bit odd anyway.

Monty

Based on previous rereleases, I also assume anything would get a new outfit as well. But then it's a little puzzling that, for example, we can currently vote for either version of Sasara. If she is rereleased she'll likely have a different outfit, so what difference is there between voting for the different versions? And I hope if that is what they're doing they combine the votes for the two in deciding how popular she is.

I guess they just list every single different release they have like my earlier comment on the Lady Thief and Lady Archer outfits, but it seems a bit odd anyway.

I also wondered that but I think it is as you say, it’s for completions sake. I mean they have Jeanne and Saber there and they aren’t even out yet lol.

I like that they have them all cos it makes a nice ‘history of’ when scrolling down. Especially the SDs...the old ones don’t even look like the same company as the more recent ones!

As for the Akihabara girls, I assume they’re either disqualified for being original characters or they’re getting their own section. I noticed none of the old Volks standards were there either but I -think- you can still get those through FullChoice, unlike the limiteds.

cfx

I also wondered that but I think it is as you say, it’s for completions sake. I mean they have Jeanne and Saber there and they aren’t even out yet lol.

I like that they have them all cos it makes a nice ‘history of’ when scrolling down. Especially the SDs...the old ones don’t even look like the same company as the more recent ones!

As for the Akihabara girls, I assume they’re either disqualified for being original characters or they’re getting their own section. I noticed none of the old Volks standards were there either but I -think- you can still get those through FullChoice, unlike the limiteds.

Yeah Jeanne and Saber are a bit funny; and Saber has the extra bit of being in this set now due to it being DDS voting and in the last poll as well since originally she was a regular DD.

I like the history aspect as well, especially for the outfits since that sort of database for them doesn't otherwise exist that I know of. I've been wanting that so I could prepare a sort of want list of older outfits to look for on Mandarake, and haven't really had a way to do that.

Akihabara girls, yeah who knows. I've wondered before why, since they're original characters rather than licensed, why they're limited at all. In that group I might like Alna though I alternate between thinking I like her and then thinking I don't. The others are less interesting to me but also mostly still available from Mandarake at ok prices.

I think what I really want is Alna's outfit from the Magic White version, which we won't get with a rerelease anyway.

SakuraSylph
I had a theory that at least one of the rerelease dolls for the first round will be out for December Dolpa but that's just my own hypothesis based on the fact that it will be Dolpa 40, which seems special, and has no other basis than that.

Very plausible, given that the last time this Best Selection poll was run, the majority of the winners did indeed come out at the December dolpa that year. (Charlotte, Lieselotte, Sasara, Christmas Melty). DD and DDdy were together in a category, so only the overall winner of that category, Sasara, got rereleased.

SakuraSylph

Kalle

My main votes are for Uzuki and Escalayer, so I might just throw in some random votes for my third ;p

LAOiCdW.gif

Monty
I had a theory that at least one of the rerelease dolls for the first round will be out for December Dolpa but that's just my own hypothesis based on the fact that it will be Dolpa 40, which seems special, and has no other basis than that.

Very plausible, given that the last time this Best Selection poll was run, the majority of the winners did indeed come out at the December dolpa that year. (Charlotte, Lieselotte, Sasara, Christmas Melty). DD and DDdy were together in a category, so only the overall winner of that category, Sasara, got rereleased.

After doing some comment digging I found out that they only rereleased those two, and some people were sad about DDS/MDD being combined and that they went with only the DDS winner. So if MDD is going to be its own category this time, I guess it’s likely we WILL get a MDD rerelease? ...unless they end up combining it with Akihabara Girls and rerelease one of those instead D:

Out of curiosity, were the results ever made public, or just the winners? I’d be curious to know at least the top 3.