Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

The Hatsune Miku (And Piapro/Vocaloid) New Outfit Thread

Monty

Two bits of recent news.

1. The Kagamine Senbonzakura outfits are getting a rerelease (this was announced at magimirai in Osaka a few weeks back, but I don’t think it got mentioned here.

2. Volks will be holding a Miku outfit design contest (possibly more than one) with Piapro. I assume it will work the same way that Piapro conducts the contests for Snow Miku designs, and the various Miku prize figure design contests.

https://twitter.com/volks_dd/status/1697776354501218802?s=46&t=4p5nRrsi9Bdrs_0lk7Ex6w

Appliactions will be open 13 Nov - 15 Dec and the theme for the first round is Dreamy Autumn Wear. Not much other info but it’s still a while off.

• Like 4

Calyps0Kitt3n
1 hour ago, Monty said:

1. The Kagamine Senbonzakura outfits are getting a rerelease (this was announced at magimirai in Osaka a few weeks back, but I don’t think it got mentioned here.

Aaa yes, I've been waiting for this news 🙏. Haven't been paying attention to Dollfie stuff for the past month, but that is very exciting to read.

Curious to see what will come from the Miku outfit design contest though.

finnleo

A bit of an interesting thing cought my eye while logging into my Volks int account to check a few things, and there was a big red button that sayed roughly: "You owe us money"

So the Snow Miku 2023 sets are apparently available to pay off the remainder of the set price. Shall have to see when the actual shipping occurs. but a bit weird I didnt get any email notice about it.

Edited by finnleo

marishade

I ordered both the Kagamine bag and the outfit, both notifications came to me in the same email.

finnleo

As a quick side note, got a shipping notice for the snow miku 2023 outfit, just in time for the winter freeze ... so I guess photos taken in the wild are probably going to start popping up at the usual suspect places.

• Like 2

RyuichiSakuma13
On 10/26/2023 at 11:09 PM, finnleo said:

As a quick side note, got a shipping notice for the snow miku 2023 outfit, just in time for the winter freeze ... so I guess photos taken in the wild are probably going to start popping up at the usual suspect places.

What are the "usual suspect places?"  When that happens, mind posting a link?

Of course, I'll be posting pics of my Miku wearing hers!@onion20@

Ryu

finnleo
5 hours ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

What are the "usual suspect places?"

was more or less a play at words that people who get the outfit early might be posting on twitter, insta, flickr, etc... that images might/should start popping up in the very near future.

as for any photos I happen to take of the set depends on a few things, mostly do I get it before this weekend, currently still sitting at a nov 6 delivery estimate, so based on that It'll probably be two or three weeks before I can set anything up because of various reasons. (by which time I'll be more or less the last person to do anything with the set, which is a thing by itself...)

RyuichiSakuma13

Well, I expect that since I ordered Miku's 2023 outfit from Volks USA, it will come much later than ones from Volks Japan, since it has to go from Japan to California and then to me here on the East Coast.

I hope that I can dress Miku in her new outfit either in time for the holidays, or even in time for my 2024 birthday at the beginning of the year.  Ugh, the wait is agonizing! 

Ryu

• Like 1

marishade

Mine arrived with the Kagamine bag this week. I have not dressed Miku in it yet but so far I am pleased!

• Like 1

finnleo

Got my Fuyuura set too, and its a chunky bag of goodies.

Probably will need to take a few snaps before and after the eye and wig swap with Snowy ... unless I dig my normal miku out of the closet and swap her eyes out for a side by side.

marishade

So, I am almost finished putting the outfit on.

One, the materials they used are great. I feel like I would be warm and comfortable in the fabrics they chose!

Two, I think this is my least-liked Snow Miku wig. It does not feel nice in the hands, and my pigtails are lopsided. Also getting a lot more loose hairs than I am used to. Curious what others' opinions are.

Not sure why, but I found this tag interesting too. I do not remember seeing one like it before. Maybe a new policy or just first time manufacturers in China?

20231103_175109.jpg

Edited by marishade
  • Confused 1

finnleo
8 hours ago, marishade said:

Not sure why, but I found this tag interesting too. I do not remember seeing one like it before.

Both of Yor's wigs came with that tag, but I dont recall megumins wig having it. so its been around at least from around the start of this year.

Overall I would guess its more about Volks deciding to disclose where the wig is from, not really a manufacturing side regulation of things. For instance Azone has been quite ruthlessly detailed about where the pieces come from with their dolls.

• Like 1

RyuichiSakuma13
19 hours ago, finnleo said:

Got my Fuyuura set too, and its a chunky bag of goodies.

Probably will need to take a few snaps before and after the eye and wig swap with Snowy ... unless I dig my normal miku out of the closet and swap her eyes out for a side by side.

DOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEETTTTTT! @onion14@ 

Ryu

finnleo

Got to the point where I started to swap out bits, and got the wig on, and first impressions are that for ~200€ tax free im not impressed straight out of the bag:

underwear warning:

Spoiler

yea... its going to be a long day getting this thing into photo ready shape. Nothing perticularly outrageous compared to what I've experience so far, but it just doesent seem as nice as a thing as Snowy's default was (even though that needed some TLC too). the wig cap is also bunched up a bit at one side, adding towards the tight fit... but its on - for now.

EDIT, Tranformation complete & Shameless photoset plug:

53307676647_cf7e86e5d1_b.jpg

miku155

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 2

RyuichiSakuma13

@onion24@

SOOOOO CUUUUUTEEEE! 

Now I really can't wait for mine to arrive!

Ryu

littlebirdzoom

The outfit is cute, I wish the socks were shorter and I'm really unimpressed with the shoes. They're not going to last and mine started ripping right out of the bag (I'm very careful with my things). I'm happy for how easy the outfit is to put on, which seems to becoming more of a norm with Volks outfits (Shin's fullset was a breeze)

However, the wig is not great and I'm really unimpressed with how expensive this was. The cap is scrunched and it was impossible to get on and I'm not convinced it fully fits. The fiber is SO DRY and it feels exactly like that suuuuuper cheap hair you get on Barbie dolls or MLP or something. Like, I know exactly what this material is and I wish I had a name for it, but I was pretty upset when I pulled it out. It's the type of material that's going to tangle easily and fray/frizz easily even if you take care of it and disintegrate in the future. This is the first Snow Miku outfit I've wanted for a while and the only design I've liked in a while (I'm just not a fan of winter xD) so I took the plunge and I wish I hadn't. I wish Volks would do better with their collab fullsets because I know they can. they've made some amazing sets, but the corners they've been cutting for materials, quality, wigs, etc lately is pretty bad. Like seriously the material for the Ribbon or Senbon wig was amazing, just more of that please???

Edited by littlebirdzoom

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

Monty

https://twitter.com/volks_doll/status/1721354190017163434?s=61&t=Yu0eGVZRpH3eaiC2l3hzGA

She’s the Volks News 102 covergirl so there’s a nice big closeup of her face. I wish she still had a little more blushing on her face! I don’t like her new eyes because they are a big ‘storey’ but that’s an easy fix, and I’m looking forward to seeing her with other eyes.

(the random lose hair on her collar is kinda funny)

edit: realising a week later this was posted in the wrong Miku thread, woops.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

Monty
On 9/2/2023 at 11:08 AM, Monty said:

2. Volks will be holding a Miku outfit design contest (possibly more than one) with Piapro. I assume it will work the same way that Piapro conducts the contests for Snow Miku designs, and the various Miku prize figure design contests.

https://twitter.com/volks_dd/status/1697776354501218802?s=46&t=4p5nRrsi9Bdrs_0lk7Ex6w

Appliactions will be open 13 Nov - 15 Dec and the theme for the first round is Dreamy Autumn Wear. Not much other info but it’s still a while off.

I’m not sure how many people here are interested in entering this, but the contest is now live on Piapro. People who have entered previous contests on Piapro for Snow Miku/Taito Miku designs will know the drill, but it requires making a Piapro account and downloading the official design template.

https://piapro.jp/pages/official_collabo/dollfiedream_dress/detail

Since it just started there’s no entries posting yet, but throughout the entry period they’ll be trickling in, so if anyone wants to keep an eye on the entrants, they’ll be under the third tab. It’s cool to have a Volks contest like this because usually we don’t get to see all the entrants in their design contests, only the finalists, but it’s a feature of Piapro to be able to see them all. Right now, I’m not sure if there will be finalists we get to vote on like with Snow Miku contests or if Volks will select the winner from all the entries themselves.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

RyuichiSakuma13

I know its an old outfit, but I really love how Miku looks in it!

53385826624_c28c3d6b20_c.jpg

Holiday Miku and Yukine by Ryuichi Sakuma, on Flickr

Does anyone have their Miku in the "Fuyuura" Sky outfit yet?  I have mine, but I didn't want to put her in it until February.

Ryu

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13
  • Like 1

Monty

Volks confirmed they will be making the 2024 Snow Miku outfit , ‘Winter Feast’.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/piapro/event/snowmiku2024.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sns&utm_campaign=DD

For those who haven’t seen her, here’s the 2024 Snow Miku theme song - it will make you very hungry.

This Snow Miku design is interesting, because she resembles regular Miku more than Snow Miku in terms of hair colour. I wonder if they will have Miku NT model it instead of Snow Miku this time? Snow’s blue eyebrows may look odd with the more teal wig.

There will also be Snow Princess sets for sale - although no details yet. The use of the word ‘sale’ rather than ‘order’ makes me wonder if they are new old stock.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Heartplace

I've been eagerly awaiting this announcement! I wish it came with more specific dates or details, but that's just me being excited. I will do my best to snag her new winter outfit and the snow princess revival. Although I'm a little apprehensive of being able to get that since they say 'sale' instead of 'order' and I am terrified that I'll miss out in a clickwar. I'll remain positive and hope for the best!

Also, I do think Miku NT will model the outfit, but I wonder if she'll have a wig that comes with this costume, since the artwork specifically fades to white.

Edited by Heartplace
  • Like 1

Monty
3 hours ago, Heartplace said:

I wish it came with more specific dates or details

We can kind of guess based on how the past ones have gone.  Historically Volks have revealed what the outfit looks like around mid-late January, and the preorder a week after the Snow Miku event in February - (Sapporo a week earlier than the other stores/online store to coincide with the event) - and the preorder runs for around a month and deliver in the summer of the same year (often late summer). Snow Miku 2024 is on the 10th-11th of Feb, so if this one is the same as past Snow Mikus we can probably expect to see her photos in mid-late next month and her preorder around the 17th of Feb. Of course they could always change it up though, so don’t take this as a guarantee.

i also think she will definitely come with a wig, but they’ll have to take some artistic liberties with it. 

Edited by Monty
  • Thanks 2

Xiongmao

The new song was quite well received. People were really happy to see the other Vocaloids in it. I don't know if they will make matching Rin and Len outfits.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

RyuichiSakuma13
On 12/22/2023 at 5:25 AM, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

Does anyone have their Miku in the "Fuyuura" Sky outfit yet?  I have mine, but I didn't want to put her in it until February.

Ryu

I can't believe I completely forgot about seeing this thread! @onion16@  FWIW, your Miku looks absolutely adorable in her Furuura outfit!

Ryu