Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

The Hatsune Miku (And Piapro/Vocaloid) New Outfit Thread

yin8012

Anyone know if Volks would ever make the snow rabbit with the snow miku clothing set again? The only one that has the snow rabbit so far was only th twinkle set...the rabbit is so cute I really hope they can be included into another set one day? Or at least can be an add-on? 😭 

• Like 2

Miabird24

Ikr! I don't understand why they included yukine with that set then just never did it again 😕

• Like 2

Monty

Volks confirmed the two new Project Sekai outfits for Miku and Rin will be on display at the Snow Miku event from this Saturday, and this time photography is allowed. 

• Like 2

ajl

Ah man, as a big Sekai fan, I was hoping for Wonderland Miku. Not sure if I'll pick these up or not. The regular Miku sculpt doesn't really fit Nightcord Miku. 

Monty
3 hours ago, ajl said:

Ah man, as a big Sekai fan, I was hoping for Wonderland Miku. Not sure if I'll pick these up or not. The regular Miku sculpt doesn't really fit Nightcord Miku. 

I kinda agree tbh, I would have expected the first ProSeka outfits to be the more idol-core ones so I’m curious why they started with these - the Rin version also looks very solemn in contrast to her happy sculpt. I do hope there will be more in future.

ajl
2 hours ago, Monty said:

I kinda agree tbh, I would have expected the first ProSeka outfits to be the more idol-core ones so I’m curious why they started with these - the Rin version also looks very solemn in contrast to her happy sculpt. I do hope there will be more in future.

I would have expected them to start with the "Classroom Sekai" version, or Leo/need Miku first, as she's the version that connects with the character on the title screen of the game. Though, they made the "Stage Sekai", aka: idol version; as the first and so far only nendoroid. 

From what I know of the fanbase though, I think Nightcord Miku is the most popular? So that could be part of the reason why. I don't think she fits with the current Volks sculpts though, nor Rin, actually. 

Honestly a Wonderland Miku should be way more over-the-top happy but I just want a Miku with little cat ears so bad, and I feel like even she could fit better than Nightcord Miku. Her sparkly eyes would look super cute on a DD also. 

• Like 2

MikuFan

spacer.png

Edited by MikuFan
added tweet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

battrastard

Those outfits are very cute! I'm personally a big fan of the monochrome look. Add the semi-goth-loli look, and there's a win-win, right there! 

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Monty

Seeing them clearly I’m not a fan. Rin’s looks like a stain nightmare and the way Miku’s green eyebrows clash with the wig makes me even more puzzled about why this was the first ProSeka outfits they went with. I have to admit that had I seen a photo of these without context I wouldn’t have assumed they were official Volks outfits either.
But again, I hope it’s an indication of more to come, especially for Luka and Meiko (and Kaito of course).

• Like 3

marishade

I like them, not familiar with the game they are from but they are very cute. Will very likely get them!

MikuFan

someone on Twitter is claiming the new sets don't come out as a doll. the green brows were evidence anyway

I honestly doubt there is going to be a reboot this year with Kaito coming soon. either they release leftover stock in March/August or wait until 2023

• Confused 1

abs2891
1 hour ago, MikuFan said:

someone on Twitter is claiming the new sets don't come out as a doll. the green brows were evidence anyway

I honestly doubt there is going to be a reboot this year with Kaito coming soon. either they release leftover stock in March/August or wait until 2023

Wait, people thought we were getting dolls?  They’ve been only marketing them as outfits far as I can tell so confused where that started…

On reboots in general I think there’s a chance they eventually do the twins to put them on the new frame but similarly, not thinking that’s happening this year given Kaito  

• Like 2

ebil

@abs2891 Agree, I don’t think at any point there was anything to suggest they would be whole dolls and I don’t think that was a widespread impression people had. The full-releases are the default Vocaloids, snow Miku and Sakura Miku, none of their outfits have come as entire new doll releases. From the first (no photos allowed) exhibition it was apparent this was just another outfit (+/- wig) release among the dozen-plus that Miku and friends have gotten.

• Like 3

Monty

I think among DD fans there was no confusion that they were clearly outfit releases but people new to DDs, especially if they got into the characters via Project Sekai, might have been confused (especially cos this was at the Snow Miku event with lots of general Miku fans walking around, not just people familiar with DDs) The user who tweeted that seems to have not known, anyway. There’s a lot of knowledge we kinda take for granted when we’re already part of the community that is less obvious to newcomers.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 2

ebil

Oh, if the tweets referenced are from people who got into the Vocaloid DDs from this release that makes sense that there is confusion! It sounds like it’s a very popular outfit/module so I can picture people being drawn to Volks for the first time by it.

• Like 1

ajl

miks.PNG.9423bfb25404c3519649893ab1f4c72a.PNGrin.PNG.f01f8f92227c252c6cae00f4f88efc9e.PNG
This is how these two characters normally look in the game, when you see them on the menu screen/etc. So seeing them with the base smiling doll face is a little strange to me too. Plus, Miku's green eyebrow is a little strange as well... and then there's the staining... 1563121562_tumblr_85e44dcd535b16a83f77222bc59c6b20_b889022f_1280(1).png.a1df33a6bd15f7f93b557a8ff2a814d8.png
This is the one I want... because cat... and also she's adorable.

• Like 6

dunceclown

@ajl yes I'm hoping for that one too!!! it's my favorite module!

kranberrijam

I'm totally getting Rin's because it reminds me of "MELTDOWN" and will split the Miku set with a friend (I just want the wig and eyes).

• Like 2

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

Roxanne

Will these be for sale on the site or are they an event exclusive or something? And is there any news on when they'll release?

My instagram! 

Monty
7 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Will these be for sale on the site or are they an event exclusive or something? And is there any news on when they'll release?

There will probably be news on them in the next Volks news at the end of this month. My guess is they’ll be out at the next Dolpa in April, and then online at the after event a few weeks later. They’re probably not event exclusive - I don’t think any Miku/etc outfit has been with the exception of the Magical Mirai Happi (and some of them did make it online), but we’ll know for sure in the next few weeks.

Edited by Monty
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

BeyondTime

I got my payment notice for Glowing Snow (second delivery.) The deadline is given as April 30th. Delivery is scheduled to start on April 2nd. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

On 2/14/2022 at 8:22 AM, Monty said:

There will probably be news on them in the next Volks news at the end of this month. My guess is they’ll be out at the next Dolpa in April, and then online at the after event a few weeks later. They’re probably not event exclusive - I don’t think any Miku/etc outfit has been with the exception of the Magical Mirai Happi (and some of them did make it online), but we’ll know for sure in the next few weeks.

Just realised this didn’t seem to happen, so maybe we won’t see them until the June Volks News unless they get some irregular release schedule outside of normal clothing releases, which happens sometimes with Miku outfits.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 2

BeyondTime

Got a shipping notice for Glowing Snow. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Galvatim

Given that Volks has been making the winning design into a DD outfit the past few years, this seems relevant:

https://event.goodsmile.info/snowmiku2023/en/?utm_term=GoodSmile_US&utm_content=SnowMiku2023&utm_campaign=a8599f2b55f14a7b9c200a42437fed9b-755974370&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=social

The designs start out as Nendos, but you know there'll be a Figma, DD outfit, scale  figures and more, so pick your favorite!  

• Like 2