Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

VolksUSA Dolls Party in LA 4 in 2019

cfx

Good point, and as Disney has their own online shop website, and still has physical stores in malls I believe (here in the US anyway), it's certainly possible they will sell, or co-sell these with Volks.

asianed

Welp. These two lovely beauties are coming home with us! 

ELL_2125.JPG

ELL_2115.JPG

ELL_2101.JPG

ELL_2099.JPG

ELL_2080.JPG

Edited by asianed
  • Like 7

BeyondTime

Congrats. Did you get them in the lottery, or did you Rock Paper Scissors the President for them?

Seriously he must love his job. I hope he lives another century so he can keep making people’s dreams come true. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

growcian

For anyone curious about how much the charity auction doll sold for, it was $42980. El Presidente certainly loves what he does. @onion20@

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

BeyondTime

Was a stunning doll too, but I honestly would have been happy with the sofa. Wish I had known you were there, we could have met face to face. I was in all the panels, had my Asuna V1 with me.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Beani
18 minutes ago, growcian said:

For anyone curious about how much the charity auction doll sold for, it was $42980. El Presidente certainly loves what he does. @onion20@

The president is so moe. He acts very similar to the Akiba tencho.

Amazing price for the charity doll too. 

growcian
4 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Was a stunning doll too, but I honestly would have been happy with the sofa. Wish I had known you were there, we could have met face to face. I was in all the panels, had my Asuna V1 with me.

@onion9@

You had Mercury and Makoto with you today on the table, right? I was 12-15 feet away from you when I took the video above.

I had her with me today:

20190908_111507.jpg.3d5640d66edceb9c56375bbf562f6e8f.jpg

20190908_112618.jpg.ff7df1dd991e9d9b300c99223d25d038.jpg

I was going to introduce myself by saying, "Hi. Please post more photo comics at the message board and I'll stop making awful parodies of them" but I didn't see a good timing for that due to a few other people at the table getting your attention. 😅

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Hah, I had no idea. Was awesome to meet you then.  

I haven’t had any inspiration for more of them. The ones I made I had specific ideas for. In general though I am kind of thinking of the scouts getting into adventures / trouble in other ways. Since idol fangirling was a part of sailor moon it gives me an excuse to have im@s characters involved. 

I was pretty sure I met a few people from the forum and had no idea. 

I may have sat next to Archangeli for about an hour Saturday morning while waiting for the panels to open. Was too nervous to ask if that’s who she was though. If it was her, her doll was perfect. 

@cfx’s head would have exploded, there was another Makoto at the table dressed in the DD sized military uniform he wants. 😅

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Haha 2

asianed
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Congrats. Did you get them in the lottery, or did you Rock Paper Scissors the President for them?

Seriously he must love his job. I hope he lives another century so he can keep making people’s dreams come true. 

The Lilac (purple) I won in lottery. The tan (Terra) my girlfriend won in 3rd chance janken! We feel super lucky getting them! 

BeyondTime
7 minutes ago, asianed said:

The Lilac (purple) I won in lottery. The tan (Terra) my girlfriend won in 3rd chance janken! We feel super lucky getting them! 

Awesome on both counts. 

cfx

For an idea what the Disney SDs might look like, I stumbled on this tweet showing two of the one-offs:

As everyone here probably knows, I'm not the biggest fan of the SD aesthetic but these are really beautiful.

growcian

Assuming Stockholm Syndrome is officially released, I hope she comes with opera gloves instead of the fingerless arm sleeves shown in that tweet.

@onion14@

• Haha 1

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Sechs said:

Grand Ballroom, Platinum Ballroom, Marquis Ballroom, Salon, Elite... it's the place naming sense or Volks renamed the rooms?

Those were the hotel’s name for the rooms. 

• Like 1

jadepixel

I had a blast at Dolpa and was lucky enough to bring Serra home (thanks to @Innocentsake )

It was great to meet folks and put faces to the forum handles. Thanks to everyone who came by my table too! I do have some books and a few eyes leftover that I’ll make available online soon.

• Like 2

BeyondTime
39 minutes ago, jadepixel said:

I had a blast at Dolpa and was lucky enough to bring Serra home (thanks to @Innocentsake )

It was great to meet folks and put faces to the forum handles. Thanks to everyone who came by my table too! I do have some books and a few eyes leftover that I’ll make available online soon.

Congrats on getting Serra, and it was nice meeting you as well. You definitely do nice work.

• Like 1

asianed

I've published my photos from DollPa up on Flickr! They're all located at

https://www.flickr.com/photos/asianed/albums/72157710843538573

I'll admit, I wasn't as prolific on the shutter button due to just being in sheer awe of everything. Maybe next time I'll get one of those small body-mounted cameras to capture footage of everything...

Edited by asianed
  • Like 2

BeyondTime
6 minutes ago, asianed said:

I've published my photos from DollPa up on Flickr! They're all located at 

DollPa LA 2019

I'll admit, I wasn't as prolific on the shutter button due to just being in sheer awe of everything. Maybe next time I'll get one of those small body-mounted cameras to capture footage of everything...

Think you missed a link. 

asianed
5 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Think you missed a link. 

Link works, it's just the embed that appears to break the thumbnail. Changed it so that it's just the text link. :)

Edited by asianed
  • Thanks 1

BeyondTime

After event pages are up: https://volksusa.com/event/2019dolpala/after_event.php

Icons are a part of the event.

• Thanks 1

cfx

Interesting that it's a lottery and a clickwar. I am curious what the "Event Outfit Collections" part of that clickwar will be. The banner shows what looks like the Ash Rose school outfits, but those are in the lottery on the webstore listings.

I'll be there for the SDB Abyss Black set that I missed in the Japan clickwar. Maybe those black boots too which I hesitated on before.

asianed

Well crap. I hope they have enough Icon option hands at least for those who got them at a DollPa... 

Gabriel
8 minutes ago, cfx said:

Interesting that it's a lottery and a clickwar. I am curious what the "Event Outfit Collections" part of that clickwar will be. The banner shows what looks like the Ash Rose school outfits, but those are in the lottery on the webstore listings.

I'll be there for the SDB Abyss Black set that I missed in the Japan clickwar. Maybe those black boots too which I hesitated on before.

It's really the same as always.  They've just presented it a bit differently.

The lottery entry is 1st thru 10th.  It's relatively new that it's so long, but it's still just lottery entry.

Then payment window starts on the 18th and runs through a weekend, same as always.

Then on the 21st, they open up immediate purchasing on anything left over after the lottery.  Same as they typically do after lottery items are paid.

• Thanks 1

cfx

I see. I missed reading that the lottery payment period was that short, and I also never realized they had ever called the leftover sale an actual event lol.

I think I've only ever entered the USA lottery once, to get a Santa hat early 2018, so I forget the details of how they work.

Edit: from that Volks page:

This lottery is conducted to select a winner to purchase the limited items. It is not a gift.

Darn!  @onion9@

Edited by cfx

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, Gabriel said:

It's really the same as always.  They've just presented it a bit differently.

The lottery entry is 1st thru 10th.  It's relatively new that it's so long, but it's still just lottery entry.

Then payment window starts on the 18th and runs through a weekend, same as always.

Then on the 21st, they open up immediate purchasing on anything left over after the lottery.  Same as they typically do after lottery items are paid.

I think the key difference is they are having a click war for some Japan exclusive items in addition to the lottery items.  I saw the fans at the Dolpa and they are nice. 

I totally forgot about the tatami, and didn’t think to look for them.

Edited by BeyondTime