Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

VolksUSA Dolls Party in LA 4 in 2019

asianed

When the tea party was announced, I hadn't even entertained the idea of going, it was a much later decision. Still, the trip to California from the East coast was nice. New York would be fun, but I'm not sure if I'm terribly interested in navigating the city with doll bags in tow...

BeyondTime

Just a reminder, the after event has started. As of a few minutes ago they still had most of the Japanese accessories, and Icon options were still available. 

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Minty

The hands and Japanese accessories went live late. I was trying to be sneaky at work and that was a stressful 15 minutes. I got my hands!

zaylea
13 minutes ago, Minty said:

The hands and Japanese accessories went live late. I was trying to be sneaky at work and that was a stressful 15 minutes. I got my hands!

Haha me too. Who knows when/if they release icon hands again! I always regretted not getting extra hand packs for my old cocoa SmD

milkytea

Good luck to everyone trying at the after event!

I'm late to the rest of the discussion, but I had a blast during Dolpa and I see now based on comments/etc. that I chatted with several people who posted in this thread! (I'm just terrible at actually connecting the dots on things like that at such a big event...) It was lovely meeting you all! ♥ Hopefully Volks will give us an excuse to do it again soon-ish. ;D

BeyondTime
25 minutes ago, milkytea said:

Hopefully Volks will give us an excuse to do it again soon-ish. ;D

It would be nice if they could do this yearly, but I suspect that would be very hard on them. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Minty
4 hours ago, zaylea said:

Haha me too. Who knows when/if they release icon hands again! I always regretted not getting extra hand packs for my old cocoa SmD

Exactly, especially since the email from the Volks says:

"This round will be released as First Come First Serve!
Once these items are gone they will not be restocked!"

I would hope the hands will be brought back again if Dollfie Icons get a re-release in the future. Maybe that part doesn't apply to the hands?

baldylox

I was stressing today about going after Icon hands and lingerie but I managed to get on my phone at 2pm and then sit and wait for almost 20 minutes before they were available.  That was annoying.

But then I managed to get the stuff I wanted into my cart.  After getting to the part where I use Paypal to pay, I noticed something odd.  My total was WAY too high for what I was getting.  I looked and they had me down for TWO pairs of hands instead of one!  I freaked out.  I didn't want to chance losing everything by buying two of a single item or by letting the possibly limited hands go into someone else's cart.  I backed up and got to my cart and selected ONE pair of hands and then went thru the process again.

I get all the way back to Paypal and see my total..... it's for TWO sets of hands again!  I said screw it and paid for them anyway.  :(  

Somewhere I recall seeing that if you try and buy two of an item that is limited to one, they'll cancel your entire order.  I was sweating bullets over it so once I got confirmation from Paypal and Volks on my order, I sent Volks US an email detailing what had happened.  Whether or not they can do anything for me is up in the air but I told them I'd happily pay for the extra set of hands if that meant not cancelling my order.  We'll see if they reply to me or can help out or not.

Hopefully everything works out.  If not, I'll have some extra hands for sale!  😄

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime
2 minutes ago, baldylox said:

Hopefully everything works out.  If not, I'll have some extra hands for sale!  😄

One would think they can just renter your order with a single hand set and refund the difference. 

Normally their website automatically adjusts the quantity to 1 if you pick more than one. 

They explained the rule a bit better at the Dolpa. If you want two of an item you have to buy one, and then go to the end of the line and start over to buy another. I think that is pretty much how their site is coded. You order one, and can’t order a second until the first order is complete. That way everyone in line has a chance.  

baldylox
8 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

One would think they can just renter your order with a single hand set and refund the difference. 

Normally their website automatically adjusts the quantity to 1 if you pick more than one. 

They explained the rule a bit better at the Dolpa. If you want two of an item you have to buy one, and then go to the end of the line and start over to buy another. I think that is pretty much how their site is coded. You order one, and can’t order a second until the first order is complete. That way everyone in line has a chance.  

I thought the same but this time it let me go all the way thru to Paypal, pay for 2 sets of hands and then I got the confirmation email from Volks showing 2 sets of hands as well.  That's why I was wondering what the heck was going on.  I know they are busy there so I'm not going to stress if I don't get an email reply this week.  But it'll be nice if they can do what you said and just delete one pair and refund the difference.  We'll see how it goes and I'll reply here once I know.

Billy

BeyondTime
21 minutes ago, baldylox said:

I thought the same but this time it let me go all the way thru to Paypal, pay for 2 sets of hands and then I got the confirmation email from Volks showing 2 sets of hands as well.  That's why I was wondering what the heck was going on.  I know they are busy there so I'm not going to stress if I don't get an email reply this week.  But it'll be nice if they can do what you said and just delete one pair and refund the difference.  We'll see how it goes and I'll reply here once I know.

Billy

Im wondering if they mistakenly set it to force 2 items instead of 1 item. 

zaylea

59 minutes ago, Minty said:

Exactly, especially since the email from the Volks says:

"This round will be released as First Come First Serve!
Once these items are gone they will not be restocked!"

I would hope the hands will be brought back again if Dollfie Icons get a re-release in the future. Maybe that part doesn't apply to the hands?

I noticed that too - I think it’s possible that the hand pack is special for this release, and maybe in the future they’ll release them as separate pairs.

Minty
1 hour ago, zaylea said:

I noticed that too - I think it’s possible that the hand pack is special for this release, and maybe in the future they’ll release them as separate pairs.

That's true. They could offer them again as separate pairs. Or maybe have a different hand pack with fist hands, pointing hands, etc.

Panda_Dolliess

I made my very first purchase of some limited items! I am quite excited to get the outfit I picked out. I was super worried because I actually forgot that the after event was today. There was an issue with my credit card though so I had to pay through PayPal so I was worried there for a second. 

mayaiincho

Totally forgot about this... As i didn't win that parasol for the lottery. Plus volks haven't shipped my items from my lottery winnings too. 

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Sord

I've read about "Click-wars" in the past, and now I've actually been able to participate in one with this After Event. It was both exciting and nerve-racking! I even got to experience the slow loading times on the site because of how busy it was. :lol: I wasn't fast enough to get the Santa dress, but I did luckily get everything else I wanted. #:-s

• Like 3

baldylox

Good news!  It seems Volks got my email and they refunded me for one set of hands!  😄  I also got my shipping notification for Tawny herself, it looks like she should arrive sometime next week.

Hooray Volks USA!  You guys rock!  <3

Billy

• Like 2

zaylea
Just now, baldylox said:

Good news!  It seems Volks got my email and they refunded me for one set of hands!  😄  I also got my shipping notification for Tawny herself, it looks like she should arrive sometime next week.

Hooray Volks USA!  You guys rock!  <3

Billy

Got my shipping notice for Iris today too 🎉 I was surprised so fast since it said “early November” somewhere. Doesn’t have far to go, so will probably get here by the end of the week.

• Like 3

Minty

Congrats on your shipping notices! 😄

No shipping notice here yet, but I'm also in Canada so maybe it'll be a few more days.

Which is fine as I have to prepare myself for the customs fee

• Like 2

jadepixel

The delays made me a bit anxious but I was able to snag some 'petal' hands for my Serra. Now I can give her a manicure without stressing too much.

Can't wait to see some more Icon girls around here! 😄

• Like 1

cfx

Today I got my shipment notice for the clothing items I got from the lottery, so it seems like all of this is going out earlier than Volks originally indicated.

• Like 1

zaylea

She's here! It's unusually windy today so I'll have to take better pics tomorrow. I'm really happy she came with the white wig and her eyes are gorgeous.

iris1.jpg

iris2.jpg

iris3.jpg

Edited by zaylea
  • Like 3

nettle_tea

Oh, she's so lovely! The eyes and wig colors look PERFECT on her! Congrats!!!

• Like 1

Minty

My Icon hands have shipped, but not my doll. 🤔 I've sent an email to Volks to see what's up.

Congrats Zaylea! 😄 She looks fantastic in the white wig!

• Like 2