Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

littlebearries

Valentines Day Events!

littlebearries

On February 14th, profess your admiration!

There will be two separate Valentines Events for people to participate in!

Please feel free to join in one or both!

EVENT 1: Valentine Secret Admirer

Here is how it will work:

Everyone who signs up will be assigned one partner (please do not make requests, it will be random).

When you receive your partner, you will choose among their girls the one your DD girl admires most (yes, just one!) and lavish her with a Valentine gift! (Which must be shipped no later than January 31st)

... but keep it a secret until February 14th, when we reveal here on the forum who our secret Valentine crushes are!

Since these are DD girls, you can opt to make them chocolates from clay (handmade chocolates do show how much you care! Here is a tutorial for anyone wondering how to make chocolates: http://www.bjdcollectasy.com/articles/valentine-chocolates-part-2.html ) or send another Valentine themed item, such as a Teddy Bear, Valentine themed shirt, etc… wherever your talents lie! You can also send real chocolates as well… I’m pretty sure most of us DD owners wouldn’t complain XD

I know not all of us are crafty, so please feel free to send a store bought item! You do not have to personally make what you choose to send!

Since our girls are Japanese in origin, I’d also be interested in organizing a White Day response… but I don’t want people to worry that it will be too costly, so I’d love to hear back on what you guys think of that.

To join in the fun, please let me know that you’re interested! PM me with your address (or respond in this thread and I will PM you) no later than January 15th!

So, to make sure everyone is clear…

1. All participants MUST send a gift worth at least $5. You are more than welcome to spend more than that… but please send an actual gift.

2. All participants must be signed up by January 15th to be included in the event!

3. All gifts must be shipped by January 31st!

EVENT 2: Valentine Exchange

Here’s how it will work:

Each participant must send Valentines to AT LEAST 5 households.

They can be hand made, hand drawn, or store bought. They can be human sized or doll sized (whichever works best for you...) and you can make one card per household, or cards for all of the dolls and/or doll owners at that household. It's up to you!

I am including this option because I know that sometimes, especially when shipping Internationally, shipping can get pretty pricey… so this is a way for everyone to be able to participate in a Valentines Event without having to spend too much!

To participate, you must contact me, either by PM or in this thread, by January 15th, letting me know you want to join in Event 2, and how many Valentines you want to send.

All Valentines must be in the mail by January 31st!

So, to make sure everyone is clear…

1. All participants MUST send cards to at least 5 households! (How many cards you send that household is up to you)

2. All participants must be signed up by January 15th to be included in the event!

3. All Valentine Cards must be shipped by January 31st!

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Participation List:

Event 1:

1. littlebearries

2. LordNoir (1. Jaryth)

3. milkytea

4. Anouc

5. Ilvias

6. SakuraSylph

7. mitsuki

8. LordNoir (2. Azazreal)

9. LordNoir (3. Lorem)

10. LordNoir (4. Belze)

11. Suzuna

12. Animex99

13. Bellatrix

14. Motoko Yamamoto

15. chibinezumi

16. ???

17. Ultimaknight

18. Saluli

19. puxlavoix

20. juu-yuki

Event 2:

1. littlebearries

2. milkytea

3. Anouc

4. mitsuki

5. Suzuna

6. baldylox

7. Lizik-chan

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

LordNoir

Are we allowed to participate more than once in Event 1? I ask because I have these 4 boys who are very interested in getting involved if it means white day for them....

A crazy fool with a house full of dolls, and ponies, and pony dolls

Now an Official Dealer for SQ Lab!

milkytea

I'd like to join in Event 2, please! I'm willing to send 20 cards. n_n

I'd love to join Event 1, as well, but considering that I don't have a Dollfie Dream of my own yet that seems to get in the way... Maybe some other time~

littlebearries
Are we allowed to participate more than once in Event 1? I ask because I have these 4 boys who are very interested in getting involved if it means white day for them....

All 4 of your boys are welcome to participate, just remember that you then have to send out 4 Valentine gifts! :o hehehe!!

I'd like to join in Event 2, please! I'm willing to send 20 cards. n_n

I'd love to join Event 1, as well, but considering that I don't have a Dollfie Dream of my own yet that seems to get in the way... Maybe some other time~

Alright! I'll put you down for 20!!

Also, it's ok if you don't have a DD yet... just choose another doll or dolls to represent your entry... maybe link to your flickr, or post them in one of the Off Topic doll sections? I know a lot of people on the board are in the process of getting a DD, and I don't want anyone to feel excluded because their girl isn't here yet!

milkytea
Alright! I'll put you down for 20!!

Also, it's ok if you don't have a DD yet... just choose another doll or dolls to represent your entry... maybe link to your flickr, or post them in one of the Off Topic doll sections? I know a lot of people on the board are in the process of getting a DD, and I don't want anyone to feel excluded because their girl isn't here yet!

Oh, thank you! If that's the case, I would very much like to take part in the first event, too. ♥

littlebearries

Gotcha!

Anouc

I want to join both events but ... *shame* i dont understand event two ^///////^ ... Doese it mean to sent cards? I didnt know something from that "old" christmas event >\\\\< ...

https://www.facebook.com/fantasydolls?ref=hl

☆〜(ゝ。∂) ♥ Dollfie Dream Faceups ~ ☆

littlebearries
I want to join both events but ... *shame* i dont understand event two ^///////^ ... Doese it mean to sent cards? I didnt know something from that "old" christmas event >\\\\< ...

Oh! Sorry!! The Christmas Event is still stickied in the General Dollfie Dream Discussions part of the forum, right under this post, and the first post is filled with the rules, and what that event is about... but you're right... how unclear! I'll update this thread!

** edit ** Updated!

SakuraSylph
i dont understand event two ^///////^ ... Doese it mean to sent cards?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that sending greeting cards with a valentine's theme is what Event 2 is about. It reminds me of how in elementary school, each person had to give a valentine card to every other person in the class (that was of the opposite gender). You could write as much or as little in each card as you wanted, and they were anonymous, so sometimes people would announce crushes in secret this way!

SakuraSylph

Anouc

Yep i know it was the last event and i read a little bit couple days ago, but i wasnt sure that it was with real cards ... Ok than i want to join both events if its ok ^.^ ...

Edit: ok now i read the full describtion from the last event and understand, think its clear enough xD ... Ok i want to be part of both and want to send (at first) 5 cards ^.^ ... Send you my adresse soon (when i am on the pc, atm im with handy online)

littlebearries
i dont understand event two ^///////^ ... Doese it mean to sent cards?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that sending greeting cards with a valentine's theme is what Event 2 is about. It reminds me of how in elementary school, each person had to give a valentine card to every other person in the class (that was of the opposite gender). You could write as much or as little in each card as you wanted, and they were anonymous, so sometimes people would announce crushes in secret this way!

Haha, exactly... although let's not announce any people crushes at this event... it could get... awkward Dolly crushes only, lol!!!!

And yes, if people want, they can even send those little Valentines like we used to give out in grade school! That is absolutely a viable option for something to send!!!

Yep i know it was the last event and i read a little bit couple days ago, but i wasnt sure that it was with real cards ... Ok than i want to join both events if its ok ^.^ ...

Edit: ok now i read the full describtion from the last event and understand, think its clear enough xD ... Ok i want to be part of both and want to send (at first) 5 cards ^.^ ... Send you my adresse soon (when i am on the pc, atm im with handy online)

Whew! I'm glad I could clear that up... and sorry for the confusion!!!

I will put you down for both events!!

Anouc

I think it was my fault with that confusion ^///^ ...

And yes, if people want, they can even send those little Valentines like we used to give out in grade school! That is absolutely a viable option for something to send!!!

How doese these "little valentines" look like? We never did (or do) that in germany T_T ...(dont know about other schools, but in my schools they never did that )

Doese it looks like in ... äh... ähm ... do you know one of the simpsons-series in tv XD? They do it also i think? xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0fqsclxaOo

Traveller

Having seen how the X-mas exchange worked. I like this idea, although I tend not to be a romantic, I'm sure I am deep down inside and just won't admit it.

2 questions ...................

1) If you overseas and some of us know ehere each other live does this not give the game away when send a gift in Event 1 & the same for Event 2

2) On event 2 - just to make sure ...... One card can be sent per house hold, as this can get expensive when it comes in international sending, espeically to the states.

mitsuki

Anouc, the little Valentine's kids would send would be in packs of several to make it easy to give to all their classmates. Sometimes you had to separate them from a big sheet with each card outlined with perforated edges. You can also find them online to print off like in this link:

http://www.hp.com/hho/hp_create/cards-greeting_cards-animal_love.html?ref=themes_kids_early_elementary

You can also make your own from colored paper. They are often heart shaped:

http://www.sarahsthreads.com/journal/2009/02/old-school-valentines/

I want to sign up for Event 1.

I want to sign up for 5 Valentines for Event 2.

SakuraSylph
How doese these "little valentines" look like? We never did (or do) that in germany T_T ...(dont know about other schools, but in my schools they never did that )

Doese it looks like in ... äh... ähm ... do you know one of the simpsons-series in tv XD? They do it also i think? xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0fqsclxaOo

The Simpson's clip shows how the valentines were distributed in the classroom, yes. But it does not show what the valentine cards look like inside the envelopes!

There are many different designs. But a typical design might be a teddy bear, holding a giant red heart that says "I love you" or "You are beary special" (as a pun) in white letters in it. You can see many examples by google searching for valentine card.

SakuraSylph

SakuraSylph

Sign me up for Event 1. What a friendly way to celebrate Valentine's Day!

SakuraSylph

littlebearries

Definitely check out mitsuki's first link, that's a bit what they look like there, and a lot of the times they have cartoon characters on them and such... but even little hearts you make yourself cut out from paper count (just like mitsuki's second link, although they don't even have to be that elaborate XD)!!!

2 questions ...................

1) If you overseas and some of us know ehere each other live does this not give the game away when send a gift in Event 1 & the same for Event 2

2) On event 2 - just to make sure ...... One card can be sent per house hold, as this can get expensive when it comes in international sending, espeically to the states.

1. Feel free to tell me, in your PM with your address (and this goes for everyone) if you already know some of the participants quite well, then I will make sure you get someone who will be surprised!

As for Event 2, that is not secret, so it's ok to get people you know!!

2. Yup, one card per househould, the only rule is that you must send to at least 5 households... so 5 different destinations.

Thank you for the help, mitsuki, your links were perfect!!! and you're on the list!

Same with Ilvias and SakuraSylph!!!

dreamcore

I really like event 1, it sounds like a lot of fun. Akira keeps bugging me about joining, but I don't want to sign up until I'm sure I'll have time.

Thanks for setting up all these cool events, littlebearries!

Suzuna

Both sound like a lot of fun, sign me up! I'm not sure how much time I'll have though, so only put me down for five with the second event.

littlebearries
I really like event 1, it sounds like a lot of fun. Akira keeps bugging me about joining, but I don't want to sign up until I'm sure I'll have time.

Thanks for setting up all these cool events, littlebearries!

No problem! I hope you'll have time to join in!

Both sound like a lot of fun, sign me up! I'm not sure how much time I'll have though, so only put me down for five with the second event.

No problem! You're on the lists!! XD

animex99

I wouldn't mind joining in also. Sounds like fun. =D

littlebearries
I wouldn't mind joining in also. Sounds like fun. =D

No problem, did you want to join event one or event two, or both?

aeris

It sounds fun...

but I am really afraid not finding gifts here that could suit for event 1. I have to check before going in.

Home : Hitomi, Kaori, Lily, Natsuki, Kotori, Yui, Kagami, , Maya, Hana

littlebearries
It sounds fun...

but I am really afraid not finding gifts here that could suit for event 1. I have to check before going in.

Any sort of chocolate would work, or teddy bear, or any tiny doll sized trinkets Valentines gifts can really range the spectrum... and the chocolate could be a chocolate bar! You can always add the Valentine flair yourself with hearts cut out from colored paper and such!