Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

The Facebook debacle & other issues

ladyandlion
23 minutes ago, dolladdiction said:

If someone buys a smart doll secondhand but they need replacement parts, it’s probably going to be hard to get them from Danny right? I forgot what I read on this thread.

One of the reasons why I decided not to buy.

• Like 1

Fluffybuns
8 hours ago, dolladdiction said:

If someone buys a smart doll secondhand but they need replacement parts, it’s probably going to be hard to get them from Danny right? I forgot what I read on this thread.

You can only get them with the regular dolls that come with warranty, but even still it has gotten harder, especially since DC has been really emphasizing the “wabi-sabi” part of the dolls. You can still get them though, but you might have to work at it. 

Katsudon

Facebook is a good place to look, as long as you're okay with buying chaos tier replacements. I think the only way to get replacement parts second hand is through the original owner, and you better hope they have the same address as when they ordered. Unless the rules have changed. Stuff is so convoluted I can't keep track anymore.

• Like 4

DollyDearest

I buy replacement stuff, ( when I spot it)   on ebay.    i get e-mail notfications for saved searches.  it does help😊

I made a post in one of the vinyl doll groups on Facebook and some people are so far up Danny’s behind, they don’t believe me even with all the proof I have of him banning me sigh, i don’t know why I made the post but I needed to get it off my chest and make people see that he’s not all that great.

bbotss
34 minutes ago, dolladdiction said:

I made a post in one of the vinyl doll groups on Facebook and some people are so far up Danny’s behind, they don’t believe me even with all the proof I have of him banning me sigh, i don’t know why I made the post but I needed to get it off my chest and make people see that he’s not all that great.

Those who don't believe you will never believe you. They will come up with their own excuses for his behaviour because in their eyes he can do no wrong.

If you had posted in one of the Smd groups, your post would have been deleted in seconds, followed by passive aggressive posts bashing you and other "entitled" haters, then someone would start a "Danny appreciation card" post. Lol.

Don't worry, more people are starting to speak out now. His supporters are just more vocal than most so it seems like a lot of them are up his behind, but it's just the same few people every time.

• Like 6

sumdude
6 hours ago, dolladdiction said:

Omg, I thought I saw your post, reading some of the comments are kind of funny, kind of shocking. So sorry you got banned for writing on here! I think through this thread anyone who wants to buy Smartdolls have to know that posting on this thread their plans to buy ANY smartdoll is liable to get them banned; though I don't know how Danny can match people on this thread to their Smartdoll purchases. 😡 But he has been doing it to quite a few people. 

Edited by sumdude
  • Like 2

Oculae

I saw that post, and omg, the comments were a cesspool on both sides. Love seeing stories from people who were banned for a rule that was written after they were banned, and love seeing banned people compare Danny to a dictator and the current inability to share criticism publicly to fascism. And by love, I mean I am deeply disappointed in both Danny and some of the fans, former and current. A nice reminder of how grey this situation is. There really is nobody who's completely in the right or completely in the wrong here. It's just a mess. 😕

I feel bad for you and understand the need to vent, but now that post has spiraled way out of control from a peaceful discussion to some nasty fighting. I hope the mods are okay, that's gonna be a serious mess to clean up. Grateful that this thread keeps it mostly clean, lol. Now I know how bad it can get out in the wild west!

• Like 2

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

DollyDearest
40 minutes ago, Oculae said:

I saw that post, and omg, the comments were a cesspool on both sides. Love seeing stories from people who were banned for a rule that was written after they were banned, and love seeing banned people compare Danny to a dictator and the current inability to share criticism publicly to fascism. And by love, I mean I am deeply disappointed in both Danny and some of the fans, former and current. A nice reminder of how grey this situation is. There really is nobody who's completely in the right or completely in the wrong here. It's just a mess. 😕

I feel bad for you and understand the need to vent, but now that post has spiraled way out of control from a peaceful discussion to some nasty fighting. I hope the mods are okay, that's gonna be a serious mess to clean up. Grateful that this thread keeps it mostly clean, lol. Now I know how bad it can get out in the wild west!

Grayman area.     also the amount of bulling in smd groups.  hell, i get bullied for what I own lolz

hey everyone I'm sorry I linked this thread in my post, I didn't want to, but I don't think some of them wanted to look this forum up plus some of them were pestering me in the comments. edit I left that facebook group because it felt weird staying, I was hoping the mods would step in and lock the post but they didn't so I was like I'm out.

Edited by Guest

youdawurst

I've known about this thread for a while, been directed here a few times. I think the first time I was shocked and afraid - oh no, what if I get banned, what if I do some secret thing that gets me banned!  But I eventually realized there's just a lot of misinformation floating around and it's not really like that at all.  I've sold dolls second hand and I've bought dolls second hand, openly, there aren't any rules against that, you don't get tracked down and banned for that. I've also sent questions to the Smart Doll support email and had problems with Smart Doll items that got fixed through support, including clothes that weren't up to Smart Doll's normal standards and were replaced no questions asked when I showed pictures (and I wasn't even asking for a replacement, it's crazy how good the service is!). I never had a problem with any of it. Heck, I even politely disagreed with one of Danny Choo's Instagram posts and told him directly I thought he was wrong!  Still wasn't banned!

I never doubted that you were banned dolladdiction, I believe you. I just think that a person can decide who gets to buy their art and who doesn't and it's not some terrible crime against you or against the community if you don't get to buy something you wanted to buy, even if you had your heart set on buying it.  I know that believing that you should have the right to buy someone's doll is a far cry from buying a recast, but it still feels at least in the same ballpark of I should get to have what I want and the artist doesn't matter.  

At least a portion of the stuff that gets banned is clearly fraud flagging though. Not referring to dolladdiction, but QueenAnna who said she used a false name.  I'm sure you had your reasons but the business would also have their reasons why they can't allow that. It doesn't sound like either party is really at fault there it's just one of those things. 

The second hand market is pretty big these days and because there are just so dang many Smart Dolls in the world now, I don't think there's much need to be concerned whether you can buy directly from the website or not. Even the 'rare' items seem like they're easier to get second hand since as soon as a desirable item comes up on the website it's gone in 5 seconds.  At least when you're getting it second hand you have a chance. If you're worried about hurting someone's rep by buying secondhand on Facebook, check on Ebay, Etsy, Mercari.com, etc, not everyone on those sites is putting up ridiculous $1k pricing.  The whole "controversy" just seems like a tempest in a teapot to me.

I like Smart Doll and I like other dolls too.  I think if anything this whole years-long debacle has taught me to stop doing a thing I did without thinking in the past where I say "I hate [Doll brand], only Smart Doll makes good anime dolls" Heck I'll even insert the brand name since for the first time I'm considering spending a considerable amount on one: I didn't like Dollfie in the past and I still can't say I love all of their dolls as unreservedly as I love Smart Doll, but I really want to get the Lina Inverse Slayer's 30th anniversary doll some day, I think they did a bang up job on that doll and I want her. It'll cost me in the neighborhood of $1500 but it's worth it. I might also need to have Elsa if they are doing an adult version of her (which I think they are but it's hard to tell from the development site?) I realize now it's not the most mature thing for me to say how "ugly" I think Dollfie is, first because whether the dolls are to my taste or not they are very obviously not ugly, second because I realize now - because of Danny Choo - that of course there are artists behind the creation of these dolls, artists who are the actual ones I am insulting when I call their doll ugly, and third because there are people who love the dolls I dislike and I'm insulting those people, too. All of it is unnecessary, so why does my opinion on it matter so much that I need to go around hurting people? I can just say "I'm not a fan of that particular doll" and leave it at that, it doesn't have to be a contest for which doll is best and which is worst. 

Anyhoo that Facebook thread made me want to come here and make a post.  It did get ugly there, ugly enough that I decided not to be part of that Facebook group anymore.  I'm not here to try to make anyone mad or taunt anyone, if you want have a place to vent then for sure, go for it, this is your spot. Just wanted to put in my two cents.

Yumeiro
44 minutes ago, youdawurst said:

I've known about this thread for a while, been directed here a few times. I think the first time I was shocked and afraid - oh no, what if I get banned, what if I do some secret thing that gets me banned!  But I eventually realized there's just a lot of misinformation floating around and it's not really like that at all.  I've sold dolls second hand and I've bought dolls second hand, openly, there aren't any rules against that, you don't get tracked down and banned for that. I've also sent questions to the Smart Doll support email and had problems with Smart Doll items that got fixed through support, including clothes that weren't up to Smart Doll's normal standards and were replaced no questions asked when I showed pictures (and I wasn't even asking for a replacement, it's crazy how good the service is!). I never had a problem with any of it. Heck, I even politely disagreed with one of Danny Choo's Instagram posts and told him directly I thought he was wrong!  Still wasn't banned!

Yet...
I think you should consider yourself lucky. Your comment might just have slipped past or it was not about his company/brand. As any form of criticism is treated as hate - both from Danny and the hardcore fans.

43 minutes ago, youdawurst said:

why does my opinion on it matter so much that I need to go around hurting people? I can just say "I'm not a fan of that particular doll" and leave it at that

Yeah, people should be allowed to have different tastes and opinions... But calling a doll ugly is mean-spirited, so then you'd be out to hurt both the owner and creator, right? Keep hateful remarks to yourself, if you don't want to offend/hurt people. Simple enough.
I like Dollfie Dream, but many character dolls don't look good - they don't look enough like the character. But as a doll itself, or customized, they've never been ugly or looked bad.
Anyway, should I be banned from Volks because of that? I don't think a doll company, besides SmartDoll, has ever banned, blocked, or bared anyone from buying their products because of someone having an opinion or criticism about their dolls or how they (the company) has made poor decisions. (I know Danny can take some criticism, but it's a minefield.) Most people know you can't please everybody anyway.

A company can't be easy to run. And taking out those frustrations on others/customers is rotten behavior. But it's no use to suggest a social-media manager - he has mocked the idea. So since he sists and combs the comments, any small dislike on the product is treated as a blow to Danny, the person. And the frustration grows, and he takes it out on others - this now conglomerate so-called "Entitled" group, which causes dislikes, and around it goes...
And the gaslighting is strong.

Dish out positivity instead, Danny! You might get some back!

• Like 6

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, youdawurst said:

QueenAnna who said she used a false name.  I'm sure you had your reasons but the business would also have their reasons why they can't allow that. It doesn't sound like either party is really at fault there it's just one of those things.

QueenAnna was banned before that. She had a purchase go through a few months ago, and then had it canceled and refunded after posting the doll she bought here. Just an FYI, but this thread began with people getting banned for no other reason that being in a Facebook group in which a member posted something pretty offensive. I can get banning that person because they were way out of line, but banning people for standing near them if pretty grimy. Does he have the right? Sure, but people have just as much right to hold it against him. 

I really want to get the Lina Inverse Slayer's 30th anniversary doll some day, I think they did a bang up job on that doll and I want her. It'll cost me in the neighborhood of $1500 but it's worth it.

$1500 isn’t bad for an aftermarket limited that comes with as much stuff as she does. Her sculpt is even better in person.

I might also need to have Elsa if they are doing an adult version of her (which I think they are but it's hard to tell from the development site?)

They are making the adults. Elsa will be an SDGr, and Anna will be an SD13. We don’t know when, but typically it’s about a year between each release in a particular franchise. That’s not a written rule, so they could happen anytime but next winter would make sense based on the theme of the franchise. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Mizuumi-no-Otome
On 11/29/2021 at 5:03 PM, youdawurst said:

I never doubted that you were banned dolladdiction, I believe you. I just think that a person can decide who gets to buy their art and who doesn't and it's not some terrible crime against you or against the community if you don't get to buy something you wanted to buy, even if you had your heart set on buying it.  I know that believing that you should have the right to buy someone's doll is a far cry from buying a recast, but it still feels at least in the same ballpark of I should get to have what I want and the artist doesn't matter.  

I have a hard time understanding this logic, honestly, because this conversation has never been about what a person should be allowed to do, and asserting a person's right to do something in response to criticism isn't very constructive or relevant, in my opinion, because it reads like an attempt to hand wave any critique; he's allowed to do it, therefore you should not criticize it, and any critique given is functionally the same as requesting Danny be legally barred from engaging in such behavior. 

Danny has the right to conduct his business in any way that he sees fit- that does not make him immune to criticism, and critique is not an attack on his right to do anything. 

Edited by Mizuumi-no-Otome
  • Like 9

youdawurst
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

$1500 isn’t bad for an aftermarket limited that comes with as much stuff as she does. Her sculpt is even better in person.

Yeah I tried to get her in the Lottery and she was something like $850 then, but that was luck of the draw there was no way to guarantee I could get her.  So I definitely don't think $1500 is bad at all.

youdawurst
2 hours ago, Yumeiro said:

Yet...
I think you should consider yourself lucky. Your comment might just have slipped past or it was not about his company/brand. As any form of criticism is treated as hate - both from Danny and the hardcore fans.

Yeah, people should be allowed to have different tastes and opinions... But calling a doll ugly is mean-spirited, so then you'd be out to hurt both the owner and creator, right? Keep hateful remarks to yourself, if you don't want to offend/hurt people. Simple enough.
I like Dollfie Dream, but many character dolls don't look good - they don't look enough like the character. But as a doll itself, or customized, they've never been ugly or looked bad.
Anyway, should I be banned from Volks because of that? I don't think a doll company, besides SmartDoll, has ever banned, blocked, or bared anyone from buying their products because of someone having an opinion or criticism about their dolls or how they (the company) has made poor decisions. (I know Danny can take some criticism, but it's a minefield.) Most people know you can't please everybody anyway.

I think sometimes I've been accused of being a "hardcore fan", though I don't know if I'd agree that I'm that. I like the dolls that Danny Choo makes and I like that he has an employee-first philosophy. If I heard of him doing something I really disagreed with on an ethical level I wouldn't be a fan anymore, but it would have to be something on a way different level than "not selling someone a doll they wanted to buy."  It would be something more in line with what most major clothes and toy companies do every day, like "use child labor in every product" or "treat his staff like his personal slaves."  Y'know, regular corporate America stuff.  This is why comparing him to Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos is laughable. Elon Musk treats his staff like dirt, which we know because one of his emails was recently leaked. Jeff Bezos makes his employees pee in bottles and live off of foodstamps.  Danny Choo takes his employees for Onsen weekends and tells customers to fuck off they think they're more important than his employees.  Danny Choo is no Musk or Bezos.  

But to answer your question, should you be banned because you don't like the look of some of the dolls a creator makes: No, but I also don't think that anyone has been banned by Danny Choo for saying they don't like some of the dolls he makes. I say that because I've explicitly said that some of the dolls he makes are not my cup of tea. I've said that on his Facebook page and on his Twitter. 

It's the thing you've pointed out as being "mean" that I'm referring to. Now supposing Dollfie sent me an email one day and said "I'm sorry, because we saw that in the past you said that you thought Dollfie were ugly, we refuse you service and will never allow you to purchase anything from Dollfie or any Volks shop" I'd be sad, sure, but I don't think I'd necessarily be angry is the thing. Because I realize at this point that was pretty awful behavior on my part and I probably shouldn't have burned that bridge!

I know that other doll companies don't do this. But I also know of the things many, many large and influential corporations in the world are doing, as a matter of course, some that are mentioned above - child labor, trashing the environment on unthinkable and deliberate levels, paying people so poorly that they have to live on government assistance, and on and on. It turns out as a CEO he's doing many things that are unusual and outside the norm, but in my view most of them are very good and I am in favor of them. As a result I can cut him a little slack if maybe that means I get banned because he's a little short tempered some day, I think I'll live. I also don't think I'll get banned because I think it's really the mean-spiritedness that he clocks on and bans people for, but that's just my take and I could be wrong. If I get banned then so be it, I'll still admire the way he does business. 

In regards to getting a PR person for his Twitter, I can think of a reason why he might not want to do that, and it would go hand in hand with what he has openly stated is his business philosophy, but of course this reasoning is only a guess on my part.  It would be because he is doing his utmost to let his workers get to do their jobs in peace and harmony and taking the shit part of the work on himself.  In gaming terms, it's as if his philosophy is that the CEO should be the Tank in all encounters, so that their employees can continue forward being the DPS and Healers without being interrupted. Hiring a PR person to take the Twitter account would go counter to such a philosophy, if it exists, as it puts the heat on that PR person instead of himself. As I say, this is only a guess, but it would fit. 

DollyDearest

I think sometimes I've been accused of being a "hardcore fan", though I don't know if I'd agree that I'm that. I like the dolls that Danny Choo makes and I like that he has an employee-first philosophy. If I heard of him doing something I really disagreed with on an ethical level I wouldn't be a fan anymore, but it would have to be something on a way different level than "not selling someone a doll they wanted to buy."  It would be something more in line with what most major clothes and toy companies do every day, like "use child labor in every product" or "treat his staff like his personal slaves."  Y'know, regular corporate America stuff.  This is why comparing him to Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos is laughable. Elon Musk treats his staff like dirt, which we know because one of his emails was recently leaked. Jeff Bezos makes his employees pee in bottles and live off of foodstamps.  Danny Choo takes his employees for Onsen weekends and tells customers to fuck off they think they're more important than his employees.  Danny Choo is no Musk or Bezos.  

But to answer your question, should you be banned because you don't like the look of some of the dolls a creator makes: No, but I also don't think that anyone has been banned by Danny Choo for saying they don't like some of the dolls he makes. I say that because I've explicitly said that some of the dolls he makes are not my cup of tea. I've said that on his Facebook page and on his Twitter. 

It's the thing you've pointed out as being "mean" that I'm referring to. Now supposing Dollfie sent me an email one day and said "I'm sorry, because we saw that in the past you said that you thought Dollfie were ugly, we refuse you service and will never allow you to purchase anything from Dollfie or any Volks shop" I'd be sad, sure, but I don't think I'd necessarily be angry is the thing. Because I realize at this point that was pretty awful behavior on my part and I probably shouldn't have burned that bridge!

I know that other doll companies don't do this. But I also know of the things many, many large and influential corporations in the world are doing, as a matter of course, some that are mentioned above - child labor, trashing the environment on unthinkable and deliberate levels, paying people so poorly that they have to live on government assistance, and on and on. It turns out as a CEO he's doing many things that are unusual and outside the norm, but in my view most of them are very good and I am in favor of them. As a result I can cut him a little slack if maybe that means I get banned because he's a little short tempered some day, I think I'll live. I also don't think I'll get banned because I think it's really the mean-spiritedness that he clocks on and bans people for, but that's just my take and I could be wrong. If I get banned then so be it, I'll still admire the way he does business. 

In regards to getting a PR person for his Twitter, I can think of a reason why he might not want to do that, and it would go hand in hand with what he has openly stated is his business philosophy, but of course this reasoning is only a guess on my part.  It would be because he is doing his utmost to let his workers get to do their jobs in peace and harmony and taking the shit part of the work on himself.  In gaming terms, it's as if his philosophy is that the CEO should be the Tank in all encounters, so that their employees can continue forward being the DPS and Healers without being interrupted. Hiring a PR person to take the Twitter account would go counter to such a philosophy, if it exists, as it puts the heat on that PR person instead of himself. As I say, this is only a guess, but it would fit. 

The Darkside of Doll Collecting.   why is that not a YT video yet? 

I deleted the post then one of the mods contacted me she said she agreed with me and I ended up retyping the post but she deleted it because she says it was unrelated like everything I wrote about Danny’s QC issues and making run of disabled people  isn’t related but I feel like people have a right to know. Ugh I think I’m quitting Facebook.

I think I want to switch to Volks, I’m not gonna sell my Smart Dolls but the community is toxic, I’ve had multiple bad experiences with interacting with the fans on Facebook and Danny keep throwing his ban hammer down.

i ended up rewriting it a second time and she kept the post up but wrote a long message saying that my second post was unrelated and blah blah blah even though everything was basically true

“I’ve decided to remove the post due to the amount of unrelated topics in the post. If you’d like to make a post about an issue you had with screen shots of conversations or threads your welcome to do so. However due to this being a Similar to a  post that was made before I’m removing it.  Feel free to make feedback or posts about current issues with in the community. Everyone is intitled to an opinion on smartdoll Weather negative or positive however the post needs to be professional and not moving drama from one site to another.”

I mean I can’t provide screenshots because it didn’t happen to me everything with Danny but I obviously believe them. anyway I need stop talking about Shoe child and start buying Dollfie Dreams at least their faces aren’t flat

Edited by Guest

BeyondTime
On 11/29/2021 at 6:19 PM, youdawurst said:

This is why comparing him to Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos is laughable

The comparison to Musk was done along the lines of he’s a successful business man who keeps face-planting on social media. It was things like Danny’s ham fisted comments likening the issues of concern to BLM (the murder of real people) to the trials and tribulations of running SmartDoll (dealing with social media angst), and his offensive comments on people with disabilities, that brought about that comparison.

The comparison was originally made around the time that Musk made comments on social media that got him sued (unsuccessfully) for defamation, and then as people were questioning his judgement he doubled down by getting stoned on a live stream of some sort, which in turn caused Tesla stock to plummet and prompted the US Air Force to launch an investigation into their own contracts with Space X.

I don’t recall anyone comparing Danny to Bezos, but I might have forgotten about it. 

Mod note: I’m explaining the context of a past comment, so this isn’t intended as any sort of political commentary, nor is it an invitation to debate the issues around the BLM movement. Please keep the no politics rule in mind when posting replies.

• Like 7

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DollyDearest
12 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

The comparison to Musk was done along the lines of he’s a successful business man who keeps face-planting on social media. It was things like Danny’s ham fisted comments likening BLM to SmartDoll, and his offensive comments on people with disabilities, that brought about that comparison.

The comparison was made around the time that Musk made comments on social media that got him sued (unsuccessfully) for defamation, and then as people were questioning his judgement he doubled down by getting stoned on a live stream of some sort, which in turn caused Tesla stock to plummet and prompted the US Air Force to launch an investigation into their own contracts with Space X.

I don’t recall anyone comparing him to Bezos, but I might have forgotten about it. 

I don't believe in politics.    so mums the word here.

Edited by DollyDearest
  • Like 1

ladyandlion

Anyone can "do" anything they want. Doesn't mean that they are free from criticism. And criticism isn't bullying. It isn't simply "don't call my products ugly". It's about making promises and then breaking them. Dangling the male dolls in people's faces and always making it difficult to actually obtain them. Over extending yourself and then trying to cover it up by overcharging. Rewarding people who lick his boots and showing favoritism. And honestly if you're paying that much on a doll, I wouldn't hesitate to point out if something is defective or not up to quality. He covers up company errors by painting it under a Japanese philosophy. From what I've read, he's not well liked by Japanese doll collectors based on how he handles his business, more so how he treats customers. 

If we didn't care about the dolls or the company we wouldn't be giving criticism. I think most of us here would agree that we want to enjoy this hobby, enjoy Smart Doll as a brand, especially since it offers a lot of new things like different skin tones and male dolls. We're not the ones who want to see it fail. We want to see it succeed. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Mizuumi-no-Otome
2 hours ago, ladyandlion said:

I think most of us here would agree that we want to enjoy this hobby

Very much this! Criticism is an important part of being passionate about anything, and it's often the only way anything can improve.

This is one of the reasons I'll never understand the "if you don't like it don't buy it" argument. People tend not to talk about things they're uninterested in, especially at length-if I'm "complaining" it's because I am interested and I want the product/service to be better.

Edited by Mizuumi-no-Otome
  • Like 7

DollyDearest

I wanna clear some air,   um  i wasn't refering to BML in my comment, i was making a food joke,   ya know Ham and Bacon  = food  am sorry for the misunderstanding.  i was just really hungry lol

ladyandlion
17 hours ago, Mizuumi-no-Otome said:

Very much this! Criticism is an important part of being passionate about anything, and it's often the only way anything can improve.

This is one of the reasons I'll never understand the "if you don't like it don't buy it" argument. People tend not to talk about things they're uninterested in, especially at length-if I'm "complaining" it's because I am interested and I want the product/service to be better.

Agreed. Hearing that irks me so much.

I'm simply tired of the mentality that "being kind/nice" is always the best option. Heaping praise and blind positivity isn't helpful to anyone. As you mentioned, if you don't point out the things that need work, how can you improve. It's not being mean, it's not bullying, it's basic communication. It's feedback. And I'd hope that at some level DC would be emotionally mature enough to understand the difference between ridicule and customer feedback. But apparently not. 

As for his fans, maybe they're okay with accepting a faulty product, spending more for the same, as long as they get to bask in his personality, or if it gets them what they want. Personally, I can't lick boot just because I want a product, nor do I appreciate being strung along. It shouldn't have to be like that to begin with. Instead of sharing his fresh ideas for the vinyl doll hobby with fellow enthusiasts, it's become more of a vanity brand/project and I'm not interested. 

• Like 2

LuluChan

Hey, you have been officially accused of stealing credit cards and issuing fraudulent chargebacks! I think that's a new one, blatantly calling people thieves. And I wonder how CJ has instant access to every buyer's full criminal history, apparently? Also, why are there soooooo many thefts and chargebacks but only for Culture Japan? No other doll brand (or shop in general) seems to have these many problems! It's so weird and bizarre, how only they are victims to these horrible, entitled people, and no one else in the same space.

Also, you are the reason for order delays while they do whatever it is that they do to determine that you have been running around stealing credit cards and other fun things. I hope you're proud, with your not liking a particular faceup, or expressing valid concerns. Now you've done it! 

/s

20211201_232656.jpg

Edited by LuluChan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1