Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

The Facebook debacle & other issues

Misheru
16 hours ago, Vickie386 said:

There's definitely some issue with their website. Every time I log in after being auto logged out the site tells me it has no record of my account.  I have to re-register and I get a whole new email welcoming me to FF&D.  I keep meaning to ask them about it.  Wasn't sure if it was just me - something with my browser, etc., but it looks like it's not just me.

Yep. This is my experience. I know what I have bought from her previously in my head so I usually see it as nothing but a mild annoyance. I too have meant to mention it, but always forget.

• Thanks 1

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

Monty

I think it’s somewhat unfair to blame or even imply blame of Iris for this - her site sells multiple products from multiple companies, not just smartdoll. Her having to abide by Choo’s banlist (likely as a requirement for being allowed to sell his products at all) would only affect purchase of smartdoll products, not anything else on the site, so it would be ludicrous to ban someone from the entire site for smartdoll related crimes.

Back on the subject of smartdoll, I heard and then checked/confirmed but it looks like he is now offering hearing aides for smartdoll too, rather than only cochlear implants. I’m not sure if that means he took the criticism to heart, but I think it’s definitely a good thing to have the choice of the two items rather than acting like the implant is the ‘real’ cure. It was also refreshing to see that his description for the hearing aid on Instagram wasn’t snarky at all, didn’t mention complaints or place blame on anyone, only mentioned people wanting a hearing aid. So credit where credit is due.

• Like 4

Mizuumi-no-Otome
9 minutes ago, Monty said:

Back on the subject of smartdoll, I heard and then checked/confirmed but it looks like he is now offering hearing aides for smartdoll too, rather than only cochlear implants. I’m not sure if that means he took the criticism to heart, but I think it’s definitely a good thing to have the choice of the two items rather than acting like the implant is the ‘real’ cure. It was also refreshing to see that his description for the hearing aid on Instagram wasn’t snarky at all, didn’t mention complaints or place blame on anyone, only mentioned people wanting a hearing aid. So credit where credit is due

I noticed this too and I found it really...not impressive per se, but refreshingly positive! I think people tend to forget that the reason we even have a thread like this in the first place is that we know Danny is capable of goodness and we want him to improve, so I do think it's important to acknowledge when we do see something good happening at Smart Doll. 

• Like 6

Katsudon

Oh yeah, the hearing aids are definitely a good thing. Kudos to Danny and team for representing even more deaf people's experiences! 🥰 I hope this doesn't sound sarcastic, 'cos I do mean it.

bubblysoda

My friend isn’t on this forum, but they tried to buy a smart doll stand and it got canceled like a minute later, does that mean they are banned? Because they haven’t bought from the store yet but they have a secondhand smart doll.

Yumeiro

@bubblysoda We'd need more information to be able to take a guess.
Do you know what kind of item they were purchasing - I think you'd better not name anything specific, just the type (as in "a clothing article", "parts", or "a whole doll").
If they tried to purchase something from the Chaos section for example, and haven't purchased anything before, then the order would be cancelled. 

bubblysoda
3 hours ago, Yumeiro said:

@bubblysoda We'd need more information to be able to take a guess.
Do you know what kind of item they were purchasing - I think you'd better not name anything specific, just the type (as in "a clothing article", "parts", or "a whole doll").
If they tried to purchase something from the Chaos section for example, and haven't purchased anything before, then the order would be cancelled. 

They told me they were buying a stand for their smart doll but they didn’t email Danny first to tell him, they said it wasn’t chaos.

Edited by bubblysoda

LuluChan
2 hours ago, bubblysoda said:

They told me they were buying a stand for their smart doll but they didn’t email Danny first to tell him, they said it wasn’t chaos.

I think that you can't make a first time purchase that doesn't include a Smart Doll anymore. So maybe by trying that, their email is now banned. Contacting CJ first using another email with proof of ownership and explaining what they want to buy should help.

bubblysoda
23 minutes ago, LuluChan said:

I think that you can't make a first time purchase that doesn't include a Smart Doll anymore. So maybe by trying that, their email is now banned. Contacting CJ first using another email with proof of ownership and explaining what they want to buy should help.

Oh, okay, jeez, Danny is getting more and more strict. I’ll tell my friend your advice, thanks.

Edited by bubblysoda

bubblysoda

Danny blocked me on Twitter because I agreed with a banned person that the people complaining about the chaos code was probably only one person and he blocked me on Instagram. He’s so immature like I don’t understand why he can’t handle criticism, sigh.

bubblysoda

I bought Destiny secondhand, I’m so happy to have her, she’s so beautiful, her grumpy face is so cute

• Like 2

monkeypizzasonic
On 1/16/2022 at 6:24 PM, Monty said:

Back on the subject of smartdoll, I heard and then checked/confirmed but it looks like he is now offering hearing aides for smartdoll too, rather than only cochlear implants. I’m not sure if that means he took the criticism to heart, but I think it’s definitely a good thing to have the choice of the two items rather than acting like the implant is the ‘real’ cure. It was also refreshing to see that his description for the hearing aid on Instagram wasn’t snarky at all, didn’t mention complaints or place blame on anyone, only mentioned people wanting a hearing aid. So credit where credit is due.

I think he was always planning to do both though? I'm pretty sure he's mentioned normal hearing aids before.

Starwaia
21 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

I think he was always planning to do both though? I'm pretty sure he's mentioned normal hearing aids before.

I was under the impression he (falsely) saw them as interchangeable, until the new post at least. Now I'm not sure.

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

Katsudon

I would have thought that adding a comment when you order something like a stand or clothes to say you have a Smart Doll would be enough to help stop order cancellations. After all, people might buy through a dealer, and then decide they want more stuff/fancier stands etc. 🙁

DollyDearest

I have question or something,  when i first got into smart doll/ discovered smart doll,  i forget the year.     but my first purchase was a guy vinyl chest & arms with frames attached.   why wasn't my order canceled, if ya suppose to buy a smart doll first? how long was the ban hammer in place?     am confused.  

Tira

It's relatively recent? It definitely started after the boys went more or less permanently out of stock. First it was just that you had to make so many orders before being able to buy Chaos stuff, then orders for clothes and accessories were cancelled if the owner didn't have a Smart Doll. Expanding it to parts seems to be a newer development, or maybe stands fall in the "accessories" category.

• Like 2

DollyDearest
29 minutes ago, Tira said:

It's relatively recent? It definitely started after the boys went more or less permanently out of stock. First it was just that you had to make so many orders before being able to buy Chaos stuff, then orders for clothes and accessories were cancelled if the owner didn't have a Smart Doll. Expanding it to parts seems to be a newer development, or maybe stands fall in the "accessories" category.

like i said, i got into smart doll, like after the first release of lelouch & i remember checkin their site, & saw guy parts & bought em.  but wasn't canceled or anything   idk why   an it wasn't a chaos item as far as ik. but their are discontinued 

Meowjima

Just popping in to say hi to Danny.  I know he's lurking here.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

DollyDearest
5 hours ago, Meowjima said:

Just popping in to say hi to Danny.  I know he's lurking here.  

whahahahaha... ;3

Katsudon

I thought the cancellations started increasing after people started buying apparel and daring to try put it on other dolls 🤣 though the purity test has been in place for ages so I don't even know.

Tbf I can understand them maybe being a bit wary over stands, because the Smart Doll stand is unique in design. But I also doubt anyone is going to look at pictures of a stand and think "that'll work with my DDs/BJDs" 😔

Hi Danny lol 😅 seriously if he's here, my Smart Doll is genuinely one of my faves! Properly love her. Please let more people enjoy your dolls, because they are beautiful! It'd create more good in the world, I swear.

Testament
58 minutes ago, Katsudon said:

the Smart Doll stand is unique in design

Mmmmh, where could I have seen it?

61kyvreBfPL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

DollyDearest
3 minutes ago, Testament said:

Mmmmh, where could I have seen it?

61kyvreBfPL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Lolz.   beautiful

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Katsudon said:

Tbf I can understand them maybe being a bit wary over stands, because the Smart Doll stand is unique in design. But I also doubt anyone is going to look at pictures of a stand and think "that'll work with my DDs/BJDs"

There are better photography stands for DDs from sellers in Japan and Hong Kong. The SmartDoll stand is convenient, but I’m not sure the hole in the back is worth the trade off for a convenient third leg. 

• Like 3

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Jezrah
3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

There are better photography stands for DDs from sellers in Japan and Hong Kong. The SmartDoll stand is convenient, but I’m not sure the hole in the back is worth the trade off for a convenient third leg. 

I agree, I very rarely use the telescopic stand so I consider the hole in the back to be the biggest drawback. Doesn't stop me from buying them though. 😋

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Tierparkzone
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

The SmartDoll stand is convenient, but I’m not sure the hole in the back is worth the trade off for a convenient third leg. 

For me, it's far too practical for posing in tight spaces (photo story) or outdoors, where you don't necessarily want a huge base in the view (maybe can't even place it due to uneven ground). Regular stands are great in their own right, but the option for the telescopic stand is a very nice to have - and I'd gladly poke holes into the backs of my other girls, if it were that easy.

I'm actually eyeing this contraption if it ever comes back into stock. Could be a passable compromise.

• Like 1