Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

The Facebook debacle & other issues

Sato

I own three smart dolls and I'll admit i haven't been following him for the last year, but after reading his Instagram posts and some of the item descriptions on his website? Yikes.

Everything reeks of a serious attitude problem and anti criticism. Believe it or not, but people are allowed to criticize a product, it isn't a personal attack against you, it won't hurt your business.

The description for the chaos heads is the epitome of his problems. It's not a wonder his fans are becoming so toxic when he's sitting at the front leading them to believe this kind of behaviour is acceptable. I've never seen any business handle itself so poorly and it makes me embarrassed to be a smart doll owner to the point i don't even share photos of them online anymore.

• Like 4

ChrisFhey

I think he's also being excessively rude with his whole "We'll cancel your order without any warning" type of threats.
With that sort of attitude I'll cancel it myself, thank you very much.

And another thing: What's up with the "You need to have ordered something from our store 3 times before we will sell you chaos heads" nonsense?

• Like 3

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, ChrisFhey said:

And another thing: What's up with the "You need to have ordered something from our store 3 times before we will sell you chaos heads" nonsense?

It’s been hypothesized that it’s a way of making sure that the people buying Chaos heads know what they are getting into when purchasing reject parts. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Katsudon
On 5/21/2021 at 6:00 PM, Sato said:

I own three smart dolls and I'll admit i haven't been following him for the last year, but after reading his Instagram posts and some of the item descriptions on his website? Yikes.

Everything reeks of a serious attitude problem and anti criticism. Believe it or not, but people are allowed to criticize a product, it isn't a personal attack against you, it won't hurt your business.

The description for the chaos heads is the epitome of his problems. It's not a wonder his fans are becoming so toxic when he's sitting at the front leading them to believe this kind of behaviour is acceptable. I've never seen any business handle itself so poorly and it makes me embarrassed to be a smart doll owner to the point i don't even share photos of them online anymore.

I'm always sad when Danny's behaviour ruins the dolls for people :( especially if they already own some. Obviously my sympathy probably isn't enough, but...

...there's always space here on team wasabi for anyone who likes the dolls, while being critical of the way things are heading! 😈

Sorry I just like team wasabi.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

DollyDearest
3 hours ago, Katsudon said:

I'm always sad when Danny's behaviour ruins the dolls for people :( especially if they already own some. Obviously my sympathy probably isn't enough, but...

...there's always space here on team wasabi for anyone who likes the dolls, while being critical of the way things are heading! 😈

Sorry I just like team wasabi.

team wasabi is beautiful.  :)

• Like 1

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, Katsudon said:

there's always space here on team wasabi for anyone who likes the dolls, while being critical of the way things are heading!

Sounds like a new hashtag has been invented. Get everyone to use it when they post / repost things that aren’t Senpai approved. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ChrisFhey
18 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Sounds like a new hashtag has been invented. Get everyone to use it when they post / repost things that aren’t Senpai approved. 

I should get a Smart Doll and have her pose with a tube of wasabi just to irk him. 😄

• Haha 3

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, ChrisFhey said:

I should get a Smart Doll and have her pose with a tube of wasabi just to irk him. 😄

Hmmm, makes me think of making a photo with some SmartDolls and Dollfie Dreams munching on some wasabi peas together. 

• Like 4

DollyDearest
10 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Hmmm, makes me think of making a photo with some SmartDolls and Dollfie Dreams munching on some wasabi peas together. 

lolz    that would be beauitful :) 

DesertPhantom51
56 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

With the SmartDolls wearing Dollfie Dream outfits and vice versa.  😈

BeyondTime
3 minutes ago, DesertPhantom51 said:

With the SmartDolls wearing Dollfie Dream outfits and vice versa.

As I have been pondering how to do this photo, I figured I would use one or both of my open mouthed DDs and Kaede would rock those Mirai short shorts.

• Like 1

Weltfremd

Wasn't there someone being hounded for customizing a smart doll recently?
I stumbled upon this video: 

DC posted "Great work!" under this. So he thinks customizing is good? Is this comment just for show? This video was uploaded 4 weeks ago. 

(On an unrelated note: This video made me want to try doing my own face up tbh)

Maia

Off topic but the video is a doll collab between enchanterium, moonlight jewel and the doll fairy all only using a smart doll.

Maia

Sorry for replying to myself but on his website there I saw smart doll faceup video in customer photos and videos on chaos heads.

abs2891

The recent custom criticism seems to me to be an issue with smart doll fans, not DC specifically - though there is the tangential argument he has fostered some of the toxicity in the community.  As far as I can tell, cross brand customization is something he does discourage (like with clothes only being available to purchasers who can prove it’s for a smart doll) but I haven’t found accounts where he’s said ‘don’t repaint my dolls’ etc. - though to be fair I’ve been in this for a few months and just read a lot of old threads so someone with years might know something I don’t 🤷‍♀️

Edited by abs2891

monkeypizzasonic
20 minutes ago, abs2891 said:

The recent custom criticism seems to me to be an issue with smart doll fans, not DC specifically - though there is the tangential argument he has fostered some of the toxicity in the community.  As far as I can tell, cross brand customization is something he does discourage (like with clothes only being available to purchasers who can prove it’s for a smart doll) but I haven’t found accounts where he’s said ‘don’t repaint my dolls’ etc. - though to be fair I’ve been in this for a few months and just read a lot of old threads so someone with years might know something I don’t 🤷‍♀️

I agree, out of all the things DC complains about I haven't seen anything negative about people repainting dolls. Heck, I'm pretty sure one of the recent prototypes (Curiosity), was based on a fan's faceup design. 

(Which makes it weird that he doesn't regularly sell blank heads, but whatever.)

Yumeiro
11 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

I agree, out of all the things DC complains about I haven't seen anything negative about people repainting dolls. Heck, I'm pretty sure one of the recent prototypes (Curiosity), was based on a fan's faceup design. 

(Which makes it weird that he doesn't regularly sell blank heads, but whatever.)

Not properly selling blank heads - I think that is the reason that makes it easy to think he doesn't want people to customize.

BeyondTime
17 minutes ago, Yumeiro said:

Not properly selling blank heads - I think that is the reason that makes it easy to think he doesn't want people to customize.

It could simply be that he doesn’t want people to buy SmD heads and put them on DD bodies. That would cut him out of the loop for body and clothing sales. That may explain the requirement of multiple purchases before you can get chaos heads. 

Katsudon

Ooh, I wonder what a Smart Doll head would look like on a MDD body..? 🤩

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Katsudon said:

This seems like it should be another Team Wasabi photo. 

bbotss
5 hours ago, Katsudon said:

@charmyc has put a Chitose head on a MDD body.

Katsudon

@bbotss ahhh XD I suspected someone might have already tried it! Thanks for the link! Guess it's time to keep an eye out for a milk head, because it looks pretty cool.

• Like 1

Lurks

Is anyone else feeling weird about the ostomy bag add-on? It's great for diversity and representation's sake but like...the thing itself looks so cheap and yet is so expensive to get. We're not exactly talking about a meticulously detailed, sewn outfit here or anything. It's around $25 plus expensive shipping for what amounts to a small piece of gray fabric that you have to blu-tac/tape on? Why not just put a up a free pattern for it since it's just a fabric oval?

At least the insulin pump add-ons are actually detailed, 3D printed objects that seem to have sticker display screens, even if they still need to be stuck on the doll with blu-tac.

I dunno, am I the only one who thinks this?

• Like 1