Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Dollfie Icon

foo

Volks USA has announced Dollfie Icon,

Apparently it was mentioned back at LA Dolpa 2017, and it's a DD designed to look like an SD,

Edited by foo
  • Like 1

cfx

@jadepixel mentioned this back in that LA Dolpa topic; I think at the time it was something they were only considering for release:

I'm interested to see what they come up with, though as I'm not really a fan of fantasy dolls or SD styling, these likely aren't for me.

Monty

I’m very interested in fantasy colours like blue in vinyl. Can’t wait to see what comes of this. 

The concern would be that stain treatment could be very difficult or even impossible though - since the usual methods could discolour something like blue. 

foo
7 minutes ago, Monty said:

The concern would be that stain treatment could be very difficult or even impossible though - since the usual methods could discolour something like blue. 

That's a good point 🤔 They're aware of that though, since that's why they replaced white with semi-white. And then introduced Dream Rescue.

I think these'll be a really interesting experience for people only familiar with bjds since DDs hold poses differently. Of course the weight difference too, especially at SD size.

Mothiraffe

I'm always here for more color options. Hopefully this could give us more skintones for DDs too in the future? Not... likely but let me dream. OTL

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

mizya

Ooh, I've been waiting to hear news on the Icon line ever since @jadepixel and other LA Dolpa 17 goers posted about it! ♥️ Glad to see they're going to release them, I'm all for fantasy coloured vinyl dolls~ >u<

I don't mind the SD-style heads and will definitely want one, but I also can't help but think that this opens the possibility of fantasy skin tones for Dollfie Dreams as well. Maybe one day we'll get a Dollfie Dream elf in fantasy skin? That'd be amazing~ 💕

Edited by mizya
typo

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
+ guardian to DD Y'shtola
My blogcarrd | instagram

Silent
3 hours ago, Monty said:

I’m very interested in fantasy colours like blue in vinyl. Can’t wait to see what comes of this. 

Blue is good for Night Elves.(or Naovi from Avatar) Also for Dranei particularly but they require special legs.

Edit: Also it is very interesting choice fo the name. Icons have origins in reliegion.

Edited by AmaFromEU

Poofiemus

I'm stoked for that lavender skin tone.

Though in the promo pic. . . what's goinf on with her belly button?? 

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Mega Negi

do you think they will produce bodysuits for these new colors?

Cauldroness

Full disclosure: I will destroy worlds to get my hands on one of these girls. I have been waiting for these girls since they were first hinted at at the last Dolpa! I'm so excited to see them officially announced.

I suspect a lot of the future of the Dollfie Icon line depends on the popularity of the initial release. 

• Like 2

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

cfx
On 7/17/2019 at 10:57 AM, Poofiemus said:

I'm stoked for that lavender skin tone.

Though in the promo pic. . . what's goinf on with her belly button?? 

Dumb-looking jewelry? I hate that on real people, and I hate it here. Up there with body piercing and tattoos for me. :(

Edit: Since I'm still getting reactions to this nearly a year later--people are free to mutilate and deface themselves as they like, just as I am free to find it ugly and abhorrent.

Edited by cfx
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

direpoodle

Wow I'm so glad they're finally releasing these!!! I really hope they do well, because I'll be very interested in getting one (or more!) I'm very excited about the fantasy colour offerings.

I love both resin and vinyl, so these are right up in my alley, in the same way the Nier dolls are (and I had to get both).

• Like 2

CuteOne

I for one am excited and hope to be able to acquire one at a later date. I hope we get more pictures of them and I wonder if this means they might do boys like this as well?

You know you can turn off signatures if they make you uncomfortable.

📸Instagram📸

BeyondTime

I’m intrigued by the potential, although blue doesn’t do anything for me in particular. I think it does show that Volks has a desire to create some artistic works that may not be accessible to them with traditional resin, and that is pretty cool. 

I said this a long time ago with 2B and 9S, some collabs require a head that is more of SD style than DDH style. There are a lot of dolls I would love to see them make, and the resin heads open the door for that. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Beani

The most intriguing part of this for me is that it is coming from the USA branch while the JP branch seems silent on the matter. Has there ever been any major product launch like that previously? My whole time in this hobby it always seemed like news came from Japan first except for Icon  

The idea of fantasy vinyls is great though, namely as I’d love fantasy parts for my DD lol. 

chibinezumi

Can’t wait to see this reveal! Looks very modern/futuristic from the clothes to the hair, compared to what volks has put out up til now. 

I’m hoping for edgy street wear looks, and I’m onboard for jewelry, tattoos, and more ethnic hairstyles. Wonder if it’s going to be a fairy or alien popstar type thing? That would be awesome.🤩

• Like 3

c4tbus

icon will be available at la dolpa!

@Beani i have a suspicion that this might be a north american project! especially since it was first mentioned at the 2017 la dolpa, and not a single word about it until now, where it seems to be exclusively promoted by volks usa.

BeyondTime
50 minutes ago, c4tbus said:

icon will be available at la dolpa!

@Beani i have a suspicion that this might be a north american project! especially since it was first mentioned at the 2017 la dolpa, and not a single word about it until now, where it seems to be exclusively promoted by volks usa.

That is interesting, because they specifically refer to it as if it is something they are releasing.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

c4tbus

@BeyondTime the wording keeps bring stuff like ‘volks usa is proud to announce dollfie icon’ which definitely seems like it is their project. also the styling of the teaser photo is so different from your standard volks fare. 

i expect there will be more news about dollfie icon at the sdcc panel! can’t wait to find out more and see some faces!

BeyondTime

I’m guessing the manufacturing was still done in Japan, but it’s pretty cool if Volks USA is designing stuff for the US market. That really pumps up their image. 

c4tbus

that sounds about right.

i know there is not a lot to go off of with the promo image, but does it look like the body is just a re-color of a dd body? it would make a lot of sense if they designed them so that the only new sculpts/molds that had to be made were the heads. 

Poofiemus
59 minutes ago, c4tbus said:

that sounds about right.

i know there is not a lot to go off of with the promo image, but does it look like the body is just a re-color of a dd body? it would make a lot of sense if they designed them so that the only new sculpts/molds that had to be made were the heads. 

The original teaser/prototypes shown at LA Dolpa a couple years ago were DD bodies with vinyl, SD-style head sculpts. So if they stuck with that, then yes, they should be DD bodies in fantasy colors.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

nettle_tea

Interesting! I was wondering if we'd ever hear more about this. 

22 hours ago, CuteOne said:

I for one am excited and hope to be able to acquire one at a later date. I hope we get more pictures of them and I wonder if this means they might do boys like this as well?

I suspect this line will be getting boys too. Consider the timing of the announcement that the DDB and DDBS body will be available in Dream Choice. Maybe they are anticipating more production of DDB bodies and are capitalizing on that?