Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Dollfie Icon

Mizuumi-no-Otome

The head sculpt reminds me SO much of BlueFairy's Olive sculpt, she could totally work as their younger sister! 

These are honestly stunning, not really for me as I prefer my more realistic dolls to be both resin and 1/4 sized but they're very, very nice and the (what I'm assuming to be) duochrome finish on the skin is lovely. 

Edited by Serena-Hime

Nyx Whitestar

I'm so happy right now, I've just noticed this on Dollfie Icon website! They will be available worldwide ♡

Screenshot_20190912-083255.jpg

• Like 3

ig-log10.png ap10.png

BeyondTime

It would be pretty cool if they became standard models for the new line. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

archeotech

Really happy to hear this! I hope they won't take too long to come out.

Gabriel

I don't think I was ever particularly in the market for one of these, but I'm curious to see how the recent stuff has affected non-Dolpa attendees.

Just under two months ago, Volks USA did that big doll sale event.  I got Matoi during that one.  I'm sure a good number of people picked up Ruler, Saber, Kaede, Miku, etc.

We just had the lottery for Rem and Ram.  We will get the results just before the upcoming event.

There's the new pre-order campaign for the FGO dolls.  Volks USA ran pre-orders last year, so I imagine they'll do so again this year.  I don't think payment is required until near ship time, but it's still something customers need to account for.

And a new outfit collection at the same time.  (Not anything unusual, but just another straw on the camel's back.)

So, considering all this, who is a bit overwhelmed by all this stuff recently, and therefore out of the running for Dollfie Icon presuming it's part of the Volks USA After Event lottery?

I know I'm tapped out on new dolls for the forseeable future.

littlebirdzoom

All the user pictures have definitely, thankfully for my wallet and overwhelming doll plans this and next year, made me realize how much I don't want one. I might change my mind once I see them customized, but the puffy/pouty little bee-sting top lip and cheeks and huge eyes just don't work for me. Everything clashes, the colors, the dramatic makeup (which I am just not a fan of on anyone) coupled by the fact that their eyes look massive and lifeless to me. I started feeling this way when Volks USA posted their own user pictures. The romantic eyed ones are a little better, but I just think I'm not a fan of the line. Which is a shame because I was so hyped up for them. Their vinyl colors and shimmer are so gorgeous. Especially that blue I can't get over. 

Well... less for others to fight over then? I'm anxious to see them customized. I wonder if people are going to or if they're gonna focus on keeping the classic look for a while.

• Like 1

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

Singer Yuna
4 hours ago, littlebirdzoom said:

I wonder if people are going to or if they're gonna focus on keeping the classic look for a while.

I hope somebody tries animetic eyes on them and shows us ^^

• Like 1

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

asianed

My initial impressions after photographing the Icons we brought home is that they definitely have some angles where they work better than others. For example, my Lilac has her eyes looking slightly to the right, so pictures from the left look a bit more natural to me. The pearly glow skin tone is also a particular challenge, especially since you need a ton of light to make it really pop. I am very much loving our Terra also! 

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to do much with them since we got home, but they'll be played with more for sure! 

ELL_2094.JPG

ELL_2124.JPG

• Like 6

Nyx Whitestar

They are so beautiful, Lilac and Terra are my favorite 😍 Thanks for sharing!

Can you confirm they are on DDIII bodies? I've read some people who own a Dollfie Icon saying they were on the new f3 body, but on the website it's stated they're on DDIII so I wonder 🤔

ig-log10.png ap10.png

asianed
5 hours ago, Nyx Whitestar said:

Can you confirm they are on DDIII bodies? I've read some people who own a Dollfie Icon saying they were on the new f3 body, but on the website it's stated they're on DDIII so I wonder 🤔

They are absolutely DD3 bodies. I dismantled mine to fit them into my carry on luggage along with the other two dolls. ^^;;

• Thanks 1

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, Nyx Whitestar said:

Production on Icon started 2 years ago, and F3 was a year away from being released at that point. 

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

magique

The lottery entry pages are up and I can't decide which girl to go for! They're all so pretty. I really like Serra because her joints don't clash as much, but the tan Terra has is gorgeous. The mint and lilac ones are beautiful too... It's a tough choice to make!

asianed
1 hour ago, sweets said:

The lottery entry pages are up and I can't decide which girl to go for! They're all so pretty. I really like Serra because her joints don't clash as much, but the tan Terra has is gorgeous. The mint and lilac ones are beautiful too... It's a tough choice to make!

They are all absolutely gorgeous in person! Terra's deep color photographs really well and. Lilac has been tough for me to capture though, you need really good lighting to make the purple really shine. Once I saw mint in person, I was a bit meh about it, but that is my personal preference.

Finally, Terra's body doesn't have the strong pearly glow effect (though it still has a bit of shimmer to it). The rest of them do and it was incorporated into the manufacturing process of the vinyl.

I would be happy to answer questions about the two we have if people are trying to make a decision! I also plan on going out this weekend to take some pictures with them outdoors if the weather is nice. 😄

Edited by asianed
  • Like 1

cfx
3 hours ago, jadepixel said:

Just so folks don’t get confused, the glitter on the face is pearl powder from the faceup and not the same effect that’s part of the vinyl. 

Oh, I didn't know that! I didn't mean to cause any confusion with that instagram picture.

Cauldroness

I don't think we've seen many icons out of their default outfits... I took a few photos of Pink in a fantasy gown this afternoon, and posted to my instagram:

There are 4 more photos (5 total) if you look at the two following posts.

• Like 10

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

BeyondTime
1 minute ago, Cauldroness said:

I don't think we've seen many icons out of their default outfits... I took a few photos of Pink in a fantasy gown this afternoon, and posted to my instagram.

She’s just stunning. 

Nyx Whitestar

So gorgeous! 😍

I'm quite sad Volks USA don't deliver in Europe... but maybe it's better as I have to pay 2B and 9S soon xD I can't wait for the worldwide release ♡

Edited by Nyx Whitestar

ig-log10.png ap10.png

Beani
12 hours ago, Cauldroness said:

I don't think we've seen many icons out of their default outfits... I took a few photos of Pink in a fantasy gown this afternoon, and posted to my instagram:

She is gorgeous! If the Disney dolls end up anything like this we are all doomed!

I quite like the concept of Icon and looking at photos but don’t want one myself. Good luck to those entering!

asianed

I had the chance to take our girls out today and got some shots. There'll be more, but here's a sample in case folks want to see more of Lilac and Terra models. Good natural sunlight really brings out the color and shows off the flake, but it is extremely hard to capture on camera...

ELL_2285.JPG

ELL_2290.JPG

ELL_2292.JPG

ELL_2288.JPG

ELL_2289.JPG

• Like 3

asianed

In case anyone is curious, here is a comparison of various skin tones (Volks and Smart Doll). From right to left:

Volks White

Volks Semi-White

Volks Normal

Smart Doll Milk

Volks Brown (from MDD Dream Choice)

Volks Tan (from DD Kanu)

Smart Doll Tea

Volks Icon Tawny (from Terra)

Smart Doll Cocoa v1

Volks Icon Iris (from Lilac)

ELL_2287.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

KanjiWest

I dont know how much I like this. She is very cute, but why use the normal dollfie white joints when they could use the ebony joints or even just make a skeleton that fits her shade? If they're going to be making blue/lilac dolls in the future, would that not be a worth it thing for them? It just looks a little strange to have light joints when naturally they're always depicted as slightly darker or the same color.

I'm sorry if this has already been answered in the thread but I just see it and my anxiety hits me. Such a beautiful blue baby and then.... BAM.  It's like she's wearing body paint and it's rubbing off all over the place. 

BeyondTime
54 minutes ago, KanjiWest said:

I dont know how much I like this. She is very cute, but why use the normal dollfie white joints when they could use the ebony joints or even just make a skeleton that fits her shade? If they're going to be making blue/lilac dolls in the future, would that not be a worth it thing for them? It just looks a little strange to have light joints when naturally they're always depicted as slightly darker or the same color.

They said it's because they are a synthesis of BJD & DD, and they wanted to emphasize the joints because ball joints are a key feature of BJDs.

--

Volks is selling option hands for Icon's on the 21st of October. It's a clickwar event.

Edited by BeyondTime