Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Dollfie Icon

BeyondTime

There a number of images from Archangeli's facebook page.

These outfits really highlight the need for the return of the unitorso.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Nyx Whitestar

These are the photos posted in the Facebook BJD addict group.

It seems that there was not much people at the panel, that can explains the lack of photos 😢

Anyway, I'm super excited by these girls, I'm waiting since the 2017 teaser, and I'm not disappointed! They are even better, I love those faces <3 I really like them all, I'm so glad to see Volks release this new line. I wanted BJD vinyl with more realistics features since forever. And they come with a dark skin and fantasy colors! 

Only thing that sadden me, the fact that they are USA exclusive :( I hope it will not be too hard to get one.

Edited by Nyx Whitestar

ig-log10.png ap10.png

c4tbus

uggghhhh i am living for ms. minty fresh in the back right. such a good color! i am eager to see the pearly skin in person, because the pictures barely capture it. the only one where you can kind of tell is the pink legs promo shot they posted right before the panel. the darker tones are really nice too, super warm without being too orangey. 

and i’m sorry to hear that the line is planned to be north america exclusive. i bet if there is enough international interest they might consider making the dolls more widely available. 

BeyondTime

Volks USA should open a Paris branch. 😄

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Nyx Whitestar
36 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Volks USA should open a Paris branch. 😄

I would so much die 😁 "Volks Paris", isn't it a GREAT NAME? Sounds so good 😂

41 minutes ago, c4tbus said:

uggghhhh i am living for ms. minty fresh in the back right. such a good color! i am eager to see the pearly skin in person, because the pictures barely capture it. the only one where you can kind of tell is the pink legs promo shot they posted right before the panel. the darker tones are really nice too, super warm without being too orangey. 

I want to see that too! Discover the shine effect will be a nice surprise if I succeed to grab one one day <3

ig-log10.png ap10.png

The mismatched joints are likely temporary for the prototypes. I can’t see a company like Volks doing that for a final product. 

I hope DDs will be available in the darker skintone someday. Sales will probably determine that so I hope these dolls do well!!

RainbowNanaki

That darker skintone is STUNNNG 😍😍😍

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

Nyx Whitestar

The special website is up! Price 750$ as lottery at Dolpa LA.

https://volksusa.com/dollfieicon/

They are stunning 😍 I put some photos but there's more on the website. The pearly effect is so beautiful.

pearly glow.JPG

ICON_SNS_15.jpg

ICON_SNS_12.jpg

ICON_SNS_08.jpg

ICON_SNS_07.jpg

ig-log10.png ap10.png

missadventure364

Not sure if anyone saw it but Volks released official page information today.. Dolls will be $750 USD, and belly button piercings will be limited to first release/run dolls only. No mention about whether joint colors will be a match.. There will be four skin tones to choose from and four basic pre-done dolls. Looks like people that go to the LA Dolpa will get to take them home, though possibly buying them is also lottery based? 

If in in the future they release them on the website to order I’d be willing to do proxies for people out of the U.S. that want them - I’m not able to attend the dolpa though. 

https://volksusa.com/dollfieicon/

Gabriel

Meh.  These don't really work for me.  I'm not saying they should.  I'm clearly not the audience for these.

One of the first things I thought was that since these were going to be more mature types of dolls than standard DDs, maybe that would mean they'd get high heel feet which I could use on a DD.  But then I realized the skin tones nix that idea completely.  

I'm assuming they're the same bodies as a DD, just different colors.  If so there would be nothing preventing a hypothetical high heel foot mold for being used in the traditional DD skin colors.  However, I imagine Volks will probably want to keep the lines distinct and separate and therefore no high heel feet in DD skintones.

But maybe on the plus side there will be some fashions other than gothic lolita, cotton candy cute, schoolgirl, and casual that can be worn by DDs?

• Like 1

cfx
5 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Meh.  These don't really work for me.  I'm not saying they should.  I'm clearly not the audience for these.

Same here. I really dislike most everything about them.

Interesting that the page states they are DD-III frame, and not f3.

Edited by cfx

BeyondTime

I am really tempted to enter for the tan one, she is stunning. 

24 minutes ago, cfx said:

Interesting that the page states they are DD-III frame, and not f3.

That’s interrsting, I wonder if this is something they are doing with existing DDIII body stock as a way of using it up.

AwkwardMango

I'm so excited! I'd waiting for when they would release as I want one of the sculpts for a character of mine. @onion24@

I'm hoping that in the future they release blank heads separately like they do with DDs

Edited by AwkwardMango

cfx
54 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

That’s interrsting, I wonder if this is something they are doing with existing DDIII body stock as a way of using it up.

Unless they really aren't matching the joint color to the vinyl skin, they can't really do that. However, maybe it is a production scheduling choice, using the old molds to make these perhaps means they can make them without impacting the production of DDs?

BeyondTime
40 minutes ago, cfx said:

Unless they really aren't matching the joint color to the vinyl skin, they can't really do that. However, maybe it is a production scheduling choice, using the old molds to make these perhaps means they can make them without impacting the production of DDs?

Perhaps, but if they are they only need some additional IF parts made rather than an entirely blue frame. 

Personally I’d think doing this is a good thing as opposed to putting it all in a landfill. 

Conuresans

I'm absolutely elated for this as they all look gorgeous 💓 Though... I must say if I don't see somebody turn the mint girl into Frankie from Monster High I'll be kinda disappointed as that's all I can see her as so far 🤣 

Though it also makes me wanna grab a tan resin girl and try my hand at creating one resembling Cleo so maybe also not the best idea @onion6@

• Like 2

Home: Melt (DDH-09), Kano (Iris Collect), Kirika, Y'Shtola, Suzune (Iris Collect Petite)

scripple

I just asked VolksUSA if the joints would be color matched in the final product.  They replied that the images of Dollfie ICON on their website and social media are pictures of the final product.

• Thanks 1

kranberrijam

While I do hope the joints end up matching in the end, I'm totally down for one of the Tawny girls, specifically the one with the more open eyes. The makeup is already what I would have had done custom, so score! Now I need to come into some money.... (ain't happening this year, for sure).

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Perhaps, but if they are they only need some additional IF parts made rather than an entirely blue frame. 

Personally I’d think doing this is a good thing as opposed to putting it all in a landfill. 

Y'know now that I think about it this way, I'm actually pretty happy with the joints being what they are. I would definitely rather see Volks use up stock than see it just sitting around.

RainbowNanaki

Oooof, not digging the fact that the joints won't be colour-matched

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

Tango_Six

I wonder if these will end up the opposite of what seems to usually happen - pre-order for the US & lottery for Japan / international later on.....

solebria

I am curious to know why volksUSA believes not color-matching the joints are a good idea. I mean, they are already going as far as providing different color skin choices so why not go all the way? Maybe to re-use joints? Well, hopefully in the near future, if Dollfie Icon are a hit, they release color joints. Either way, I am sure this will be one main reason as to why many people will not purchase.

It is no trouble if you know how to custom dye, but it will still be a challenge to match the skin colors.

Eiko82

These dolls look pretty cool. I'm excited to see what others will do with them.

It is a bit disappointing that the joints aren't colourmatched (it does not look good IMO) and that the line is a North American exclusive.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Nyx Whitestar

It won't refrain me to buy them, it doesn't bother me at all on the tan skin, and the purple and mint one are so gorgeous it still worth it. I'm just gonna find a way to cover the joints. But I understand people who don't like it ^^

Good news, Volks Japan has posted on Twitter (first time they mention Dollfie Icon). They adress japanese and international fans to wait for further announcement. Maybe there is hope ♡

Edited by Nyx Whitestar
  • Like 2

ig-log10.png ap10.png

Meggiekarp

That $750 price tag is ouch. I was looking forward to the minty girl, but I honestly don't see them being worth with those semi-white joints (besides the white one). Does anyone know why they cost so much compared to DDs? 

42bdad38462f9e0e55136363ad50c3e2540275d465b58e2ee287546278681177fbfb1c7dcde945f5da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd8070948bdbe670fb79df22c7754c819f8b53f.png