Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Dollfie Icon

TiltyBird

I really like the idea of these, I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures!

c4tbus

we have half a face and confirmation of more info at the sdcc panel !!

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Those lips are much darker red than any of my SDs, more in line with Lorina II. Certainly they are very different from a DD. I suspect maybe they went with a very deep red because the vinyl is blue. 

I bet it was really hard to find a complimentary color palate for her face, and she’ll really need to stand out as the first of her kind. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

Anyone else seeing posts that look like this?

screen.PNG.a09c3956ceaadff55b16a14860492989.PNG

I have the same thing in @foo's OP; the inline instagram post works but whatever this is supposed to be does not. The page initially comes up with a large box like something else is being loaded, then it changes to the above.

Since pictures are being discussed, I assume I'm supposed to be seeing a picture there.

BeyondTime

Yes, that's exactly how I saw it. I went directly to their facebook in order to read the text. Oddly enough it looked fine on my phone. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

Ok it's not just me then. I added a link to this over in your forum suggestion topic, since while I don't know what it's supposed to look like, I don't think that is it. So hopefully it can get fixed, or reported to the forum software developers.

foo
6 hours ago, nettle_tea said:

I suspect this line will be getting boys too. Consider the timing of the announcement that the DDB and DDBS body will be available in Dream Choice. Maybe they are anticipating more production of DDB bodies and are capitalizing on that?

Definitely, IMO if they wanted to make this a product for the US market they would include boy dolls. The timing definitely works because with Dream Choice and 9S, it means they have production up to make f3-frame boy bodies, so it's a good time to prepare a full product line.

• Like 3

BeyondTime
27 minutes ago, cfx said:

Ok it's not just me then. I added a link to this over in your forum suggestion topic, since while I don't know what it's supposed to look like, I don't think that is it. So hopefully it can get fixed, or reported to the forum software developers.

You should be able to see the full text.

1 minute ago, foo said:

Definitely, IMO if they wanted to make this a product for the US market they would include boy dolls. The timing definitely works because with Dream Choice and 9S, it means they have production up to make f3-frame boy bodies, so it's a good time to prepare a full product line.

Yeah, the west has a substantial market for boy dolls.

Edited by BeyondTime

Tira
10 hours ago, cfx said:

I think it depends on what browser you use.  It's broken on Firefox, but it seems to work on Google Chrome and mobile Safari for me.  I do hope there's a way to get it to work on all browsers, though.

Meggiekarp

If ICON really is a Volks USA project... then we have become the proxy for the Japanese market. 

yXEiYQ4.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42bdad38462f9e0e55136363ad50c3e2540275d465b58e2ee287546278681177fbfb1c7dcde945f5da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd8070948bdbe670fb79df22c7754c819f8b53f.png

cfx
8 hours ago, Tira said:

I think it depends on what browser you use.  It's broken on Firefox, but it seems to work on Google Chrome and mobile Safari for me.  I do hope there's a way to get it to work on all browsers, though.

Yes, I only use Firefox so that's where I see it. At least I know now it's not something I have done causing it.

littlebirdzoom

As someone with body piercing(s) and tattoos I'm all for the promo pic. Body modification is lovely to me - every human is human shaped. Why not mix it up a little? Seems like a bold move for a Japanese company but I like it and if they're going for "different" with the special colors it makes perfect sense. And it works really well on them too. 

I'm going to be very upset if they're extremely limited. As much as I adore Volks, some dolls inaccessibility is starting to get to me. I don't feel like I'm owed anything, but it's just discouraging. I've been wanting this for a long time and ESPECIALLY with the fantasy skin tones. All in all I have soooo many questions and nothing but excitement. I can't help but think that 2B would maybe have been a perfect fit for this line too :s

Edited by littlebirdzoom
  • Like 7

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

sinclair
On 7/19/2019 at 3:55 PM, cfx said:

Yes, I only use Firefox so that's where I see it. At least I know now it's not something I have done causing it.

You get more then I do, I didn't even get text, and I'm using FF.  It's probably due to whatever plugin or blockers you have installed.

But back on topic, it'll be interesting to see what they come up with.  Don't know if I'm in for different color DDs or not, but I'm really happy to see it's an option for those that do.

Edited by sinclair

Eiko82

Oooh, these teasers are fun. I'm curious to see more of this line.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Galvatim

Volks USA has a few photos of the panel up on their Facebook page.  

https://www.facebook.com/volksusa/

Looks like at least 3 new skintones, in addition to the standard.  Hopefully we'll get some close ups in the next few days.

BeyondTime
40 minutes ago, Galvatim said:

Volks USA has a few photos of the panel up on their Facebook page.  

https://www.facebook.com/volksusa/

Looks like at least 3 new skintones, in addition to the standard.  Hopefully we'll get some close ups in the next few days.

I suspect those are prototypes since the darker skinned dolls seem to have white wrist and elbow joints.

cfx

While I'm not interested in these dolls, those pictures suggest some new clothing styles unlike anything Volks has made before. Those platform pumps look nice.

mizya
7 hours ago, kranberrijam said:

Can someone post them here? You can't seem them unless you're a part of the group and I'm super curious.

As someone who doesn't use Facebook and can't access any of the private groups, I've been trying to hunt down photos elsewhere on social media, and somebody finally posted a few to instagram:

Direct link, in case embedding doesn't work.

I really love the high fashion outfits of these girls, they truly look like fashion icons, hehe~ 💕 The colours look a bit more subdued here compared to the Volks teasers. Especially the pink tone is more of a grayish pink rather than a bright piggy pink, so I like it more than I expected. I'm also super psyched to see a darker tan colour, I hope that they make at least that colour available to Dollfie Dreams too someday. Although, a pink or mint elf DD would be a dream~

In the small video clip that Volks USA posted on Facebook, they said that these dolls have "Pearly Glow" skin, so I assume that means there's shimmer mixed into the vinyl. I have one resin doll that has shimmer mixed in and I really like that effect... it'll be interesting to see how that looks in vinyl!

It seems like there was no sleeping girl, though, which makes me a bit disappointed. I was looking forward to that one the most as I've wanted a sleeping doll for a long time. :< It looks to me that they all share the same sculpt, except pink and tan with braided hair are a half-closed eyes variant of that head.

Edit: In the comments of another instagram post, it's being said that these are a North American exclusive release. Well, I'm pretty surprised and disappointed if that's true. It kinda seems like a waste to develop so many interesting new colours and not have them available worldwide... I do hope that at least the dark tan will be available for Dollfie Dreams eventually. I do like the current DD tan, too, but it would be awesome to have a darker skin tone in addition to that.

Edited by mizya
added info
  • Like 3

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
+ guardian to DD Y'shtola
My blogcarrd | instagram

TiltyBird

Wow~ They're super cuties! I could see myself getting one tbh, especially the green or tan girl in the front there. 

foo

That's a really beautiful colour for tan/dark skin. It looks so good it feels wrong to call it 'tan' @onion14@

Monty

I love these so much. The pale blue one is especially cute to me.

The only thing I don’t love is the frames. It kinda bothers me that they don’t match the colour of their skin. The dark blue one shows how you can hide the joints with careful clothing decisions, and I guess it’s only the elbows and wrists that are likely to be seen, but it does bother me a little. I hope if this line does well and progresses they can change the frames to match the vinyl.

foo

I think the frames are preproduction. They probably won’t release all colors initially, if expect them to use initial feedback to determine what they sell first. I’m guessing the launch will be 2 preorder dolls, but that’s being conservative 🤔

Singer Yuna
1 hour ago, mizya said:

In the comments of another instagram post, it's being said that these are a North American exclusive release. Well, I'm pretty surprised and disappointed if that's true

I’m pretty disappointed too. Having double chances in outfits and dolls isn’t enough that now there is a complete line for Volks USA. And the rest of continents ignored. It’s quite unfair.

I was starting to be tempted to buy one and there is no chance.

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png