Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Dollfie Icon

asianed
5 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Reminds me of the old fantasy ear options they used to have for certain FCS heads. I guess they're bringing that back in vinyl? Neat.

That definitely falls in line with what Volks was trying to achieve with Icon... A more resin aesthetic with vinyl. I'm hoping the ears can be purchased separately! 

MichelleAK

Oh, man, elf Terra is so pretty! I may have to dig into my funds and get her, even though I'm already getting Jupiter.  Well, I had been meaning to put some of my resins up for sale, so this may be the impetus I need.

watercolorpastels

Ohhh they're so pretty! I love the elf ears ;-;

Miabird24

New pic of clover! The more I look at them the more I'm torn between clover and lilac, but I probably won't get one until they fix the joint coloring issue. 

• Like 4

baldylox

OHHH YESSS CLOVER.  I have a mighty need for your gorgeous self to join my family!  <3<3<3   She is just so pretty!  That skin tone just speaks to me for some reason.  

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Lynn

Clover is so pretty! She is definitely the most beautiful of them all. If only her joints would match her vinyl skin...

Edited by Lynn

Ylse

I already liked Clover but this shows again that she's so beautiful. Although Lilac is also very pretty 😆 

Oh man I hope we in Europe can participate too pretty please 🥺😂

BeyondTime
7 minutes ago, Ylse said:

Oh man I hope we in Europe can participate too pretty please 🥺😂

I'd love to see Volks USA branch out into Europe.

I don't know this for certain, but I suspect Volks USA exists at least in part because the Shigeta's daughter and son went to college in the US, so they have a personal connection here that goes above the longtime alliance between the US & Japan.

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

bulgogi017

Blue skin? Gorgeous.

Fish ears? Absolutely needed.

Cute sculpt? Obviously.

Hotel? Trivago.

• Haha 7

bbotss

Clover with the elf ears is stunning! I hope they're not released too soon as I have just displayed a complete lack of self-control over Sailor Jupiter's release.

Ylse
56 minutes ago, Yumeiro said:

They were US only, right? Not on the international/jp site..?

If I remember correctly last time they were US only. Seeing these pictures I'm hoping there will be an international release this time too but I can't really find any info about it. 🤔😅

Yumeiro

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Ylse said:

but I can't really find any info about it. 🤔😅

Yeah - I don't remember if it was just a "we're looking into it" or confirmation that they'll be released worldwide next time

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Ylse said:

If I remember correctly last time they were US only.

They were initially sold at the LA Dolpa, but they were also sold at the next Japan Dolpa a few month later.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

monkeypizzasonic

Clover is definitely my favorite, especially as a mer-folk with those ears! I just kinda wish they had a less intense make-up option...I would really love a softer version.

Ylse
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

They were initially sold at the LA Dolpa, but they were also sold at the next Japan Dolpa a few month later.

Aahh I didn't even know that! 😲 But looking at a Japan Dolpa video on youtube I do see the dolls there lol 🤦🏼‍♀️ Were they also sold online or only at the venue? 

The more pictures I see, the prettier they become >.> haha 😅

Dollvari

Oh my@onion8@  might have to break down and get one of these fantasy girls. So many dolls so little money@onion19@

Wonder how the ears attach, and if they will come separately@onion36@

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Ylse said:

Were they also sold online or only at the venue? 

There was a lottery sale online after the LA Dolpa, but I don’t recall if they did that for the Japan event. 

• Like 1

moerunamida

These are so gorgeous! The mismatched joints don't bother me a bit. Does anyone know how much these things sold for originally? Might be tempted, but I'd have to sell one of my other dolls depending on how much they are since I just bought Towa.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Conuresans
53 minutes ago, Deyja said:

These are so gorgeous! The mismatched joints don't bother me a bit. Does anyone know how much these things sold for originally? Might be tempted, but I'd have to sell one of my other dolls depending on how much they are since I just bought Towa.

Icon's original page says $750 w/o tax so slightly more than the usual limited.  I'm waiting to see if I can try for Terra as she's absolutely goregous with the elf ears 😍

Edited by Conuresans
  • Thanks 1

Home: Melt (DDH-09), Kano (Iris Collect), Kirika, Y'Shtola, Suzune (Iris Collect Petite)

baldylox

As far as I know the Icons have only been offered up for sale 3 times until now.  LA Dolpa was the first, then an online after event for Dolpa in the US only.  Lastly there was a lottery in Japan and then that was it.  I have no idea how well they were received in Japan but they seemed to be super popular here in the US.  With all that going on, it seems that there are an extremely low number of them made... I have no actual numbers and am only guessing but I'd say there can't be more than 150 Icons out there at the moment.  There were only 40 available at LA Dolpa and then the after even had even less.  I'd hazard a guess that the Japan even was 40-50 as well.  So at the highest, I'm betting less than 150 of them exist in all iterations.

I seriously need the new Clover.  I tried for one last time but was rewarded with my Tawny instead.  Tawny was my first pick anyway so I was extremely happy to win her.  But I really really want Clover this time around.  So Volks, who do I need to make "disappear" for me to secure her?  😉

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

lardroom

These are amazing. Im so in for everything.

moerunamida

Question for you lucky few that have an Icon concerning scratches. Does the pearlescent paint come off if they get a scratch and is all their vinyl that color or are they dyed? Asking purely for scientific purposes of course 😛

Edited by Deyja

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, Deyja said:

Does the pearlescent paint come off if they get a scratch and is all their vinyl that color or are they dyed?

I think it was mentioned during the Icon panel at the LA Dolpa, that the pearlescent element is a part of the vinyl. The woman who designed the face-ups mentioned that she wasn't expecting the blank heads to have that effect.

• Thanks 1

asianed
8 hours ago, Deyja said:

Question for you lucky few that have an Icon concerning scratches. Does the pearlescent paint come off if they get a scratch and is all their vinyl that color or are they dyed? Asking purely for scientific purposes of course 😛

The vinyl itself is pearlescent. It isn't a coating or paint. The pearlescent effect is present on all Icon colors with the exception of Tawny (tan). When you look at the cross section of the vinyl (like on the ends of the arms), it also has a shimmer. 

In addition to the vinyl, the sealing layer for the face up also has a pearlescent effect. This would come off if you scratched or wiped the faceup. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1