MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Anouc

Which camera do you use and...

cielo7th

currently only have my old Canon 50D with 18-135mm and 50mm f/1.8

and now still saving for sony nex 6, maybe next month

Hpyon

Got the 5D MKII today and a Canon 50mm 1.4 lens to go along with it, going to get a 24-105 4L after I've managed to save up a bit more. And well, I think I'm not going to invest any more into camera stuff before I've bought a doll to photograph it with!

gaiaswill

Obviously the most expensive/cheap/biggest/smallest/fastest one. :p

There's a reason to choose any of them, though I would think budget should be the first criteria since the prices range a fair bit for those models.

Anouc
Obviously the most expensive/cheap/biggest/smallest/fastest one. :p

There's a reason to choose any of them, though I would think budget should be the first criteria since the prices range a fair bit for those models.

No no ... out of price criteria ^^

https://www.facebook.com/fantasydolls?ref=hl

☆〜(ゝ。∂) ♥ Dollfie Dream Faceups ~ ☆

Ara
What would you choose and why?

Canon 5D II

Canon 7D

Canon 50D

Canon 60D

Cabon 650D

7D is in many aspects to close to the 550D, I know that because I was thinking about whether to get a 5DII for an upgrade or a 7D for my 550D and decided against the 7D for several reasons.

As far as I know you have a 550D?

So don't take the 50D or 7D, they are both in that case not worth the money. Most important thing is still the lens, not the body, especially when you are not using your body for extreme things (like very low light situations, or when you need the extra speed of a 7D).

5D II -> full-frame, you can't use all the lenses (EF-S are not compatible anymore, like the 18-55mm), good at high-iso, rather big body, most expensive from the bodies you listed

7D -> very fast, no full-frame, not so good at high-iso, very close in some stats with the 550D (they share some parts as far as I know)

50D -> rather old, I'm not sure if it's even made anymore? I guess you would need to get one second-hand then

60D -> no full-frame, includes a moveable screen which is good for filming

650D -> moveable screen, touchscreen, has a lot of these small gimmicks.

I will switch to German now for short, since I think I can't really tell you this in English:

Meiner Meinung nach benötigst du keine neue Kamera. Die 550D ist eine gute Kamera die mich selbst auch ein Jahr begleitet hab bis ich zur 5D II gewechselt bin, allerdings wollte ich eine robuste Kamera für extremere Cosplayshootings die eine gute high ISO Performance hat.

Ich habe das Gefühl das du dir auch nicht so recht sicher bist was du überhaupt möchtest, sonst hättest du nicht wild völlig unterschiedliche Kameras ausgewählt. Wenn du "nur" ein Upgrade willst, setze dich lieber mit deiner 550D auseinander und besorge gute Objektive, denn die sind das wichtigste.

Bevor du dir einen Kauf überlegst solltest du dich vielleicht hier anmelden ->

http://www.dslr-forum.de/

und dich mit der Technik auseinander setzen, die können dir dort auch beim Kauf usw. weiter helfen.

ZZ0WsD1.jpg

Anouc

Canon 5D II

Canon 7D

Canon 50D

Canon 60D

Cabon 650D

7D is in many aspects to close to the 550D, I know that because I was thinking about whether to get a 5DII for an upgrade or a 7D for my 550D and decided against the 7D for several reasons.

As far as I know you have a 550D?

So don't take the 50D or 7D, they are both in that case not worth the money. Most important thing is still the lens, not the body, especially when you are not using your body for extreme things (like very low light situations, or when you need the extra speed of a 7D).

5D II -> full-frame, you can't use all the lenses (EF-S are not compatible anymore, like the 18-55mm), good at high-iso, rather big body, most expensive from the bodies you listed

7D -> very fast, no full-frame, not so good at high-iso, very close in some stats with the 550D (they share some parts as far as I know)

50D -> rather old, I'm not sure if it's even made anymore? I guess you would need to get one second-hand then

60D -> no full-frame, includes a moveable screen which is good for filming

650D -> moveable screen, touchscreen, has a lot of these small gimmicks.

I will switch to German now for short, since I think I can't really tell you this in English:

Meiner Meinung nach benötigst du keine neue Kamera. Die 550D ist eine gute Kamera die mich selbst auch ein Jahr begleitet hab bis ich zur 5D II gewechselt bin, allerdings wollte ich eine robuste Kamera für extremere Cosplayshootings die eine gute high ISO Performance hat.

Ich habe das Gefühl das du dir auch nicht so recht sicher bist was du überhaupt möchtest, sonst hättest du nicht wild völlig unterschiedliche Kameras ausgewählt. Wenn du "nur" ein Upgrade willst, setze dich lieber mit deiner 550D auseinander und besorge gute Objektive, denn die sind das wichtigste.

Bevor du dir einen Kauf überlegst solltest du dich vielleicht hier anmelden ->

http://www.dslr-forum.de/

und dich mit der Technik auseinander setzen, die können dir dort auch beim Kauf usw. weiter helfen.

Nein nein ich hab nicht wahllos irgendwelche genannt, sondern genau die die mich Interessieren, bezw bei denen ich unschlüssig bin, da ich schon zu viel gelesen und gehört hab ...

Und überlegen tu ich deshalb weil meine 550D schon alt ist, und bevor ich dasteh während sie ihren geist aufgibt, hätt ich gern nochn bisschen mehr gehört xD ...

https://www.facebook.com/fantasydolls?ref=hl

☆〜(ゝ。∂) ♥ Dollfie Dream Faceups ~ ☆

Hpyon

Canon 5D II

Canon 7D

Canon 50D

Canon 60D

Cabon 650D

I'm definitely pleased with my 5D II purchase so far, found a year-old body for 1200€ locally. I think many people are switching from the 5DII's to the new 6D so the used market's getting saturated and prices are dropping again. I personally also love full-frame - I do most of my shooting on a 50mm prime and occasionally when photographing costumes at conventions it gets uncomfortably tight but on a full-frame body it's possible to fit more in the shot. The sensor also performs really well with high ISO values otherwise.

Hpyon

aTwQ6.jpg?1

Payday today so I grabbed a vintage 28-70 2.8L from a local photography store. Good thing I went there to try them out instead of shopping online - they had two of those and on the first one I tried the autofocus didn't work but the other one that I bought seemes to work perfectly despite its ripe age - it's from 1995! So I guess now I've got my bases covered pretty well since that should work as an all-around lens and the 50mm is great if I need a bit more light or get fed up with hauling the huge lens - together with the 5DII body they weigh almost 2 kilos!

RaveOfNightmares
aTwQ6.jpg?1

Payday today so I grabbed a vintage 28-70 2.8L from a local photography store. Good thing I went there to try them out instead of shopping online - they had two of those and on the first one I tried the autofocus didn't work but the other one that I bought seemes to work perfectly despite its ripe age - it's from 1995! So I guess now I've got my bases covered pretty well since that should work as an all-around lens and the 50mm is great if I need a bit more light or get fed up with hauling the huge lens - together with the 5DII body they weigh almost 2 kilos!

Old lenses are fun sometimes, like my old Minolta lenses, some of which are from the mid-80's.

How much does that old L way anyway? I know the 5DII is fairly heavy on its own.

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

Hpyon

It's 880 grams and the body is 810 g and then battery is whatever so yeah, pretty heavy equipment. An external flash would add even more to that, luckily don't have one (yet)..

Ordered a heavy-duty strap from Upstrap to make it a beat easier to haul around.

asianed

Is anyone looking for a 5D mark II? I saw someone at work put a body up for sale this week.

RaveOfNightmares
It's 880 grams and the body is 810 g and then battery is whatever so yeah, pretty heavy equipment. An external flash would add even more to that, luckily don't have one (yet)..

Ordered a heavy-duty strap from Upstrap to make it a beat easier to haul around.

810g for the empty camera body is fairly heavy, although I don't know how much Canon batteries weigh. My Sony A99 weighs around 812-813g with battery and memory cards installed, but weighs a fair amount more because I have the vertical grip attached with 2 more batteries inside it.

At least it doesn't weigh as much as a 1Dx though, right?

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

AntElitist

810g for the empty camera body is fairly heavy, although I don't know how much Canon batteries weigh. My Sony A99 weighs around 812-813g with battery and memory cards installed, but weighs a fair amount more because I have the vertical grip attached with 2 more batteries inside it.

a D3 is quite heavy with 2470N.

last time i weigh my camera bag with only 2 cameras. my D3 and my Hasselblad. the weight is only 10KG.

if i go full gear, my bag is 23kg. which add in speedlights and extra D200 (now replaced by D600) with 18200G

RaveOfNightmares

a D3 is quite heavy with 2470N.

last time i weigh my camera bag with only 2 cameras. my D3 and my Hasselblad. the weight is only 10KG.

if i go full gear, my bag is 23kg. which add in speedlights and extra D200 (now replaced by D600) with 18200G

Gotta love carrying tons of gear. lol

Especially when it's awesome gear.

AntElitist

Gotta love carrying tons of gear. lol

Especially when it's awesome gear.

Upgrades are always heavier. Lol

katnaper

Just got a Sony NexF3 with the basic kit lens (they were on sale) to replace our very old Olympus point and shoot. Still checking out how it turns out but it already appears to be a pretty good and more portable replacement to when I can't take my D5000.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Hpyon

Got a 70-200 4L zoom lens today. My beginner-size camera bag's getting a bit small now I bought it mainly for motorsport stuff but I wonder if the longer focal lengths could be useful for doll photography as well? Most people seemed to favor 50mm (and 35mm on crop bodies) but would a longer focal length help with doll photography since the scale's a lot smaller than with people portraits?

gaiaswill

You have to stand pretty far from the dolls if you use 200mm, at least if you wanted wider than a headshot. I used 135mm on crop (~216mm FF FOV) for a bit and it was just plain too long. Adjusting poses, props & clothing became a real pain from that distance, since obviously dolls don't take verbal direction. It also requires a good deal more working space, which not everyone will have.

The longest I currently use is about 85mm on crop (~135mm FF FOV). I can capture 3/4 to full length shots fairly easily.

Ara

I mostly use a 100mm Macro on a full-frame for doll photos of any kind.

Must admit though that with a non-macro 100mm I wouldn't use that for dolls since it's just way too long.

ZZ0WsD1.jpg

AntElitist

200mm...

micro

that's what I use sometimes

RaveOfNightmares

I sometimes use a 100mm Variable Soft lens. I've even shot doll portraits with a 70-400mm lens at the 400mm end along with a 500mm Reflex lens. Normally I use my 85mm, 50mm, or 35mm regardless of FF or APS-C sensor used.

Ruko

I use a GE1033 and a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W690. Sadly No lenses for them since they are point and shoot, but Since my subjects are Dolls and Figures, I don't need anything else.

Ebuki(SWS DDdy DDH7)

FNKA

My current : Nikon D300 + Nikon D3200

Lens : Tokina 11-16 + Tokina 100 Macro + Nikkor 85 1.8 + Nikkor 35 1.8

I used usually Tokina lens.

chinti

canon 450D

50mm 1.8, samyang fisheye