Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

DD 2019 Preorder: Master (Gudako) and Mash

cfx
1 hour ago, littlebirdzoom said:

So... we should be seeing it like any hour now right?

Hopefully. As I write this, it is almost 9:30PM CST in the US, and 11:30AM 09/06 in Japan, so if it's going to actually be done on the 6th, it will have to be within the next 12-1/2 hours. More practically speaking I'd assume the announcements don't come in the middle of the night for them, so probably sooner than that maximum.

Yeah, hopefully not another Saber. Right now that would be as anti-climactic as another Miku. Not really a knock against those DDs, but something new sculpt-wise would be nice.

Edit: Monty posted earlier that Jeanne and Saber were revealed around 4-5PM Japan time so if this turned out to be the same it would be in another 4-5 hours. I seem to have noticed that's around the same time of day they've put up the tidbits about Volks News on twitter the day it comes out.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 2

Monty

I mean.. Gray is technically a Saberface and her having Saber’s face is literally a plot point, and she’s one of the few that have a legitimate reason, but ironically I don’t think she actually looks like Saber much at all minus the hair (which is usually covered by her hood anyway) so if Gray happens I would only be upset if they used the same Saber mold. I love Gray tons and bunches though and am still hoping she does happen, whether it’s now or in future, but I feel there’s more popular Fate characters it could be if it really is Fate related.

I just have the volks DD twitter set to make alerts on my phone when it updates........and then I check it anyway just in case...8’)

ramcoy

i hope its Bang Dream...

Kasumi with Random Star and Otae with Snapper

foo

I'm still waiting for Sakura Matou & Rider...

It's not like I'm going to buy any more dolls, but.. you know

archeotech

Hoping the reveal will be about 5pm Japan time so another half hour

Cinnamoron

YAY!!! Mashu!!!! And Gudako...??

We get alternate outfits for each!  No armor for Mash though...a little sad about that, but looks like Volks got me again. ^^;;

Edited by Cinnamoron

Eiko82

Awwww, no Persona 5 @onion4@

Having said that, I think both girls look remarkably cute given that I have no interest in this series.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Monty

I’m actually surprised Mash doesn’t come in the armour with her Chaldea outfit as the alternate but I’m kinda glad for it, seems like a stain nightmare and I have no idea how they’d package the shield.

So far they look cute, but would like to see more angles. Mash looks kinda Saber-y? 

Come to think of it....have we had a DD come with glasses before..? 

Anyway, dealing with the bizarre feeling of it actually being my first guess. I like the characters but I don’t doll-price like them, so I’m going to pass. (I’m a little sad Gudao isn’t included, I know he’s less popular and all, but......)

cfx

Rise had glasses, but I think they were a separate accessory.

Both seem really cute but are not for me. I seem to prefer the more mature sculpts, and I know almost nothing about Fate so I don't know these characters. I've never watched any of it or played games so other than that Saber is King Arthur I'm clueless.

Can't tell on Mash since the hair covers a lot of her face, but master has the sculpt style of a lot of recent DDs, with the very small nose and flatter face. I've griped about that enough so I will restrain myself this time.

Edited by cfx

Tango_Six

I have to see more - but I'm down for Mash. Also - called it! Well, Mash anyway..

burokkori

Another Fate GO! Of course! Though, the two chosen sculpts feel a bit underwhelming. Guess they're playing it safe with the usual smiley faces. Waiting for more pictures to see if they look any differently from other angles. But, most likely a pass this year.

CuteOne

I thought I was safe after I initially saw the sculpts but then my husband decided that I needed Gudako. @onion4@

• Haha 1

You know you can turn off signatures if they make you uncomfortable.

📸Instagram📸

Tango_Six

I hope they release an armour set for Mash down the line - her 3rd ascension looks awesome. Strange that they went for the female protagonist though - is she really that popular in Japan? I know Mash is fairly popular - I would have thought Tamamo would be a shoe in for another Fate DD, considering her popularity (everyone loves foxgirls).

Now that i've taken a closer look at the pics on the Volks pre-order project page, is it just me or does the jawline leading to the (somewhat pointy) chin of the female protagonist seem a little....off?

I was kinda hoping if it was going to be a Fate release - it would be a Fate / Stay Night release to go along with the Heaven's Feel movies - Rider is so neglected (I think she has the best design out of the original fate series girls) even when it comes to figures.

Edited by Tango_Six

magique

My fgo guess was right haha. They're both cute, but their designs have always been kinda underwhelming for me. Especially Mash in her casual outfit. Gudako is adorable, but I don't like her *that* much. Jeanne alter or Tamamo would've been cool to see tho.

Edited by sweets

Monty
3 hours ago, archeotech said:

Mari from EVA also came with glasses

Right! I knew there was at least somebody but I couldn't think who it was.

kalisha

Im safe too, they are pretty but not something i need, if they released boys or at last characters more interesting like bathory or tamamo, or gilgamesh.

Beani

They are pretty cute but I am thankfully safe. Guessing there will be a lot of people happy about Mash though. 

Gabriel

Well, I guess I was the only one hoping for FGO Saber Lily.

I checked this morning and saw "Fate Grand Order" and my hopes started to rise.  I navigate to the page, and...  oh...

@onion32@

Not for me.  I guess I can go ahead and order Unicron now.

I'll keep on hoping for a redo/reissue of Saber Lily.  Maybe eventually Volks will do it.

Amara77
4 hours ago, cfx said:

Rise had glasses, but I think they were a separate accessory.

Both seem really cute but are not for me. I seem to prefer the more mature sculpts, and I know almost nothing about Fate so I don't know these characters. I've never watched any of it or played games so other than that Saber is King Arthur I'm clueless.

Can't tell on Mash since the hair covers a lot of her face, but master has the sculpt style of a lot of recent DDs, with the very small nose and flatter face. I've griped about that enough so I will restrain myself this time.

Same all around.  While they are cute they really don't look distinguishable from most of the other "cute face" sculpts they've been releasing.  I feel like if their stuff was released you could dress a number of recent the sculpts and get similar results.

That being said I am kind of happy it wasn't an Idol release only because it's predictable.

I was wondering...what if they did re-release Saber Lily... seems like a slightly higher probability of happening now. 

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....