Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

DD 2019 Preorder: Master (Gudako) and Mash

BeyondTime

Per Volks USA’s Facebook page, their own pre-order page will be up soon. 

USA pre-orders start Sat Oct 12 Pacific Time. 

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime
On 9/24/2019 at 9:28 PM, cfx said:

Most of the collaboration DDdy models haven't appealed to me; I think my favorite is Haruka Niimi, who with different eyes can be really pretty like here.

But I just don't like the body at all. The boobs are weird and only look right to me in very specific outfits, and while I don't mind the wider hips and larger thighs, they make the lower legs look like sticks in comparison; IMO Volks should've given DDdy different, larger shins as well.

She does look much better with those eyes.

The DDDy body looks better in person, but the folks at the Dolpa seemed to think they look best with clothes on, and just plain weird without them.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

All of the English product pages are now up for Gudako, Mash, and the oufits i.e. the links from the main English page work now:

https://www.volks.co.jp/fate-go/2019/en/

On 10/6/2019 at 10:47 AM, BeyondTime said:

The DDDy body looks better in person, but the folks at the Dolpa seemed to think they look best with clothes on, and just plain weird without them.

Heh, that's how I feel. I think it the body works in some of the clothes specifically tailored to it, kinda loses the point in most SD16 outfits that "fit" it, and just looks darn weird naked.

BeyondTime
44 minutes ago, cfx said:

All of the English product pages are now up for Gudako, Mash, and the oufits i.e. the links from the main English page work now:

I notice they both come with a “lower bodysuit” in addition to their stockings. 

I think I am going to pre-order them. I like Mash, and Gudako has that cute type face that I always like in person more than in photos. I do still want to see the display photos. I like all four outfits too, and I can already see Makoto in Mash’s traveling outfit. 

cfx
35 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I notice they both come with a “lower bodysuit” in addition to their stockings.

This must be a new thing Volks is doing with DDs where there's something with a significant stain risk and they're able to completley hide a bodysuit, since 2B and 9S are coming with something as well. I think with that, both of the included default outfits should be pretty safe.

While I won't be getting them because I can't buy everything lol, I do think both are really cute so I look forward to everyones' pictures.

Edit: I'd absolutely get Mash's traveling outfit if it were all-black without those little plaid bits. They're a cute accent, but kind of spoil the overall look for my girls.

Edited by cfx

BeyondTime

Only just noticed this, but Volks Japan is just requiring a deposit for the outfits.

Edited by BeyondTime

Galvatim

I've got them both on preorder!  Mash with Volks Intl, and Gudako on Volks USA.  

• Like 1

BeyondTime

From the Volks twitter it looks like the store displays are up. Hopefully there will be some photos soon.

Cinnamoron

@Beani Thanks so much for the photos!  I was on the fence about Master (Gudako), but she has a very cute air about her.  Went ahead and placed my order for both girls through Volks USA.  

foo
7 hours ago, Beani said:

Mash is a real cutie but I was actually surprised by how great they both look in person

Very cute! Volks also posted pictures from Doll Point on their Twitter, and they really are cute!

Subaru

I was checking the Sumika blogs and found that the Nagoya store posted pics of Mashu without half her face covered.
Her cheeks are fuller than I originally thought, and it makes her really cute!

She looks like a sharper eyed version of Miku in my opinion. She has a lot of customization potential. 
Not sure if I'll grab her myself (even though I want her glasses), but this picture is makes me really want to order her hahaha. 

1118_01.jpg

• Like 8

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

cfx

I see her as a slightly less square-jawed Rem with Kaede's eye shape and makeup. Her mouth especially looks like Rem's and has that same protruding upper lip that seems like a thing Volks started with DDH-10.

Of course, heads that look alike to me in two-dimensional photographs often don't in 3D. I think Miku and Len look practically identical based on photographs, but have been told they're actually very different in person.

Beani
4 hours ago, Subaru said:

Not sure if I'll grab her myself (even though I want her glasses), but this picture is makes me really want to order her hahaha. 

1118_01.jpg

Wow she looks absolutely adorable like that. Makes her even harder to resist. 

• Like 1

Subaru

Ok. I'm 80% sure I'll jump into the pre-order this time... These pictures are right in my strike zone >:|

The glasses look worth it hahaha. Still waiting on seeing pictures of Fou though.

While I like her wig style, I can already see problems with it being thin in the front. I think the light and transparent fibers may be a contributing factor.
I am a sucker for wigs that have skin top parts since they look more natural than the radiating crown butthole that a lot of wigs have.

1120_03.JPG

1120_02.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

Takemoto

I preordered my kouhai, but I'm probably gonna up her to L. It's like they never saw her art on Dangerous Beast. Just sayin.

The wait is gonna kill me.

Gabriel

Mash has definitely grown on me.  I'm not going to be part of the pre-order, but maybe if she's a summer doll offering in 2021.

Tira
53 minutes ago, Takemoto said:

I preordered my kouhai, but I'm probably gonna up her to L. It's like they never saw her art on Dangerous Beast. Just sayin.

The wait is gonna kill me.

Hah, I thought the same thing. Even just comparing their swimsuit artwork, Mash is noticeably bustier than Gudako. Her casual outfit just hides it somewhat.

I thought I could resist Mash without any problems, but those new pictures of her are really adorable. I'm very tempted now, even though I should hold back considering that I want Ranko as well. At least her aftermarket price probably won't be too bad... 

cfx
9 hours ago, Subaru said:

While I like her wig style, I can already see problems with it being thin in the front. I think the light and transparent fibers may be a contributing factor.

That's my problem with the Volks Dream Wig (more of a nightmare than a dream, really) I have for my Miku; I can't hide the wig cap because the fibers are so sparse in front and it has some of those same gaps like in this picture. And I can't find another wig in a similar style in the right color. :(

As I probably said earlier in the thread, Mash is really cute, but I have to limit myself to dolls that are higher on my want list so I'll admire her from afar with other peoples' pictures.

Edited by cfx
old age

cfx

Since I know nothing about Fate/GO really, I have no idea what that is, but it scares me. @onion37@

• Haha 1