Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks News 86

cfx

As I listed up there, there are four SD voting categories not yet accounted for. I had to go back now and look; "SD Original Stories: Fanciful Characters" was the doll concept category.

I wonder if any of those categories got votes so spread out where there isn't a clear winner, and what Volks would do in that case?

BeyondTime
11 minutes ago, cfx said:

As I listed up there, there are four SD voting categories not yet accounted for. I had to go back now and look; "SD Original Stories: Fanciful Characters" was the doll concept category.

I wonder if any of those categories got votes so spread out where there isn't a clear winner, and what Volks would do in that case?

I read that, and it went in one eye and out the other...

At the Dolpa Volks said they won't sell the tenshi models. They plan on giving them to a small number of people at events. They see them as a special gift.

The entire time they were raffling them off I kept praying I wouldn't win. XD It's a nice thing they were doing for people, but they're not really my thing. If I had won one it wouldn't feel right to sell it given how they presented them as a gift, but it would have sat in it's box forever and that would be a waste.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

Tyltyl’s ‘rerelease’ wasn’t even at stores, he got an extremely limited rerelease at Dolpa only (and only 41 of him), so that doesn’t really count as a rerelease to me. I just assumed the proper SD13/SDGr boy rerelease was still coming and the special Dolpa Tyltyls was just because they made a new doll that was meant to be his younger brother that debuted at that same Dolpa, but maybe I’m being too optimistic. 

Edited by Monty

cfx

I hope for anyone wanting some SD rereleases they might can actually buy Tyltyl isn't the only one then, but he is a "The Best" rerelease, with the big logo right there on his page: https://www.volks.co.jp/dolpa41/limited.html

I fully agree that kind of sucks, with this even being publicized as a big thing that's being done for all the fans, whatever, and then items like this that are so limited.

I don't know a lot about the quirks of SD marketing compared to DD.

Monty
2 hours ago, growcian said:

Now I want to see what other info the pages in VN86 contains. Specifically, I want to see the "Dollfie Life Calendar" and spotlights on new outfits.

@onion35@

That’s in every Volks news, it’s just a calendar showing upcoming key dates with relevance to Volks stuff for the next 4 months - ie when certain events are on at Tenshi no Sato (Kyoto), Tenshi no mado (Harajuku) and Doll Point (Akiba), when the coord model SDs change, Dolpa and after event dates, etc etc.

I’m really excited to see what the new outfits for Dolpa and Feb collection are but I always am.

also  yeah I know Tyltyl had the best of the best logo but I still hope he isn’t the only SD boy rerelease because that...sucks, and it sucks a lot more when you voted for him every day hoping that if he won it meant you could either get him new or his rarity might go down enough to have a chance at him later on but then neither could happen despite him ‘winning’ ._. I’ll stop being salty about that eventually but... 41?????? (Edit: it was also 41 because it was Dolpa41 pfffffff)

Edited by Monty

growcian
1 minute ago, Monty said:

That’s in every Volks news, it’s just a calendar showing upcoming key dates with relevance to Volks stuff for the next 4 months - ie when certain events are on at Tenshi no Sato (Kyoto), Tenshi no mado (Harajuku) and Doll Point (Akiba), when the coord model SDs change, Dolpa and after event dates, etc etc.

I know. Take a guess where I'm headed soon. 😉

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

cfx

I just figured that out now; they did 41 copies of Tyltyl because it was Dolpa 41.

They've had multiple outfits in Designers Collection, so maybe they'll do it in some of the doll categories. It seems like that they concentrated more on DD this year compared to SD, since the other Best SD rereleases were last December.

Mizuumi-no-Otome
16 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

AFAIK Jupiter has never been discussed, but I kind of figure if they make Venus they will make her. Venus would make sense as a December doll.

Well I figure if they're going to make more dolls, Jupiter will probably come next- at least if they're going in order of the series, which it seems like they are! 

Though maybe you know something I don't- I don't recall Venus ever being mentioned by Volks (or any other new SM dolls for that matter)

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Serena-Hime said:

Though maybe you know something I don't- I don't recall Venus ever being mentioned by Volks (or any other new SM dolls for that matter)

Was mentioned in an interview with the General Manager of Volks USA, but it's not definite. They only said they are getting a lot of requests for Venus.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

Anyone see anything from Volks News on twitter? The dolls are known but I'm curious about outfits. I checked the one account that usually has stuff and there's nothing there, yet.

Monty

hasedoto is my go-to lately. https://twitter.com/hasedoto/media
Some points:
1) Miku carrybag is coming out again, this was already confirmed at MagiMirai before though.
2) Miku's wig will be released on its own, and it implies anyone will be able to buy one rather than just Miku customers and will (probably?) be sold at the after event. 10,000 yen before tax.
3) Small teaser for the February collection stuff (kigus again?) that I forgot is not actually in December Volks News. We'll see that in February.
4) They already confirmed that the Snow Miku 2020 outfit will be made. 
5) Dollfie Icons at Dolpa and AfterEvent.
6) new designers collection 'Herbalist' outfits are flippin cute

• Thanks 1

cfx

Thanks. I had been looking at https://twitter.com/linz_torute which usually has things but not this time.

39 minutes ago, Monty said:

new designers collection 'Herbalist' outfits are flippin cute

Second picture here, the ones that look they belong in Harry Potter?

Those are pretty nice, and I'm always up for hats so having a graduation hat is awesome. The little belt with pouches on it is nice too, though that's one of those items that will probably sell out in 30 seconds.

The black outfits on the first image are Personelle Collection Blue Label rereleases; it's nice to have something else rereleased in that line since the first thing was those penguin pajama sets.

While I have them, it's nice to see those flower patterned and plaid stockings back too and I wouldn't mind getting another pair of each; the flower ones will be great for Ranko too. All the shoes looked like rereleases or variants to me, with the exception of the platform boots, which looked cool but are probably huge based on my experience with nearly all the Volks boots.

Edited by cfx

BeyondTime

The handbag is nice, but sadly the MSD sized Kimono doesn't list DDP. Makes sense because of the height difference, but would love that for Iori.

cfx

The chair with the red upholstery is one of those Volks styles I've always wanted, but 30,000 yen is too much, and I also don't like the upholstery pattern on this one. I've seen an older one that had some kind of flower pattern, and I think the chair was maybe 1.5x the width of this one. Actually I don't know if that one was something ever sold as I've just seen it at one of the store photo booth areas.

EJoDgPmUEAAOrmV.jpg

Edited by cfx

Poofiemus

Agatha NEEDS that pouch belt with the test tubes. I will let everything else sell out if I can get those.

That said, as much as I love the other herbalist sets, the other priority might have to be the tan trench coat; Vitya needs one for his coach getup eventually.

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Amara77

Also need the pouches and test tubes.  Once again I want a jacket and Das boots

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

RiverR

Those Herbalist outfits are adorable. ❤️

On 11/16/2019 at 12:10 AM, cfx said:

I hope for anyone wanting some SD rereleases they might can actually buy Tyltyl isn't the only one then, but he is a "The Best" rerelease, with the big logo right there on his page: https://www.volks.co.jp/dolpa41/limited.html

I fully agree that kind of sucks, with this even being publicized as a big thing that's being done for all the fans, whatever, and then items like this that are so limited.

I don't know a lot about the quirks of SD marketing compared to DD.

At Dolpa LA they had a Best Of release with the logo and everything. IIRC there was a Sasara, Anastasia, DDS Saber / Altria and DD Jeanne d'Arc, plus an assortment of SDs. . . and only one of each.  It seems like the Best Of releases at Dolpas are new-old stock special releases, not a rerelease per se.  So I will hold out hope for a true Best of the Best rerelease!  . . . . But who knows what Volks will do? @onion37@

Beani

I lament that I have no girls that would suit the herbalist set and pouches. I’ll have to live vicariously through those here that buy them. 

Volks is being super generous on the coats right now. Something like 5 to choose from? And I happen to love three of them. I’m really enjoying this new trend towards more separate clothing parts. I’ve had to buy a set before for one piece of clothing and that feels wasteful. Being able to just buy a coat is fantastic. I think I like the green hood most for my oldest girl. But the pink and white jackets are lovely too. Budgets a little tight so will see how many I can get by January since I doubt I’m doing to Dollpa.

I also can’t get enough of all the accessories! That tiny handbag is just to die for but costs more than I spend on my own bags lol. Maybe I can finally score some nice panties too. Ram is fine on that front cause of her default but Hanako has such frumpy undies.

There’s a lot of boy clothing showing up which is promising for those hoping on more widely available boy bodies. 

I don’t usually go for the animal suits but looks like a Shiba Inu is coming in Feb and those dogs are a total weakness of mine. 

cfx

I overlooked this in the scans before, but there is a black and a white pannier/petticoat...whatever; I can't tell if they're the same style as the brightly colored ones from before or different. I might have a use for these since they're neutral colors.

It's also good to see prettier types of panties being sold separately instead of only in sets with bras, since I think the latter is fairly useless for DDs unless you're displaying them in lingerie; the seem to just make the clothing look frumpy if you use one underneath in my experience. 1500 yen for doll panties still seems like a lot but it beats the set prices by far.

mayaiincho

So many categories and so overwhelmed..

Didn't quite see anything I would've purchased too, oh well next time.

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Beani
13 minutes ago, cfx said:

I overlooked this in the scans before, but there is a black and a white pannier/petticoat...whatever; I can't tell if they're the same style as the brightly colored ones from before or different. I might have a use for these since they're neutral colors.

It's also good to see prettier types of panties being sold separately instead of only in sets with bras, since I think the latter is fairly useless for DDs unless you're displaying them in lingerie; the seem to just make the clothing look frumpy if you use one underneath in my experience. 1500 yen for doll panties still seems like a lot but it beats the set prices by far.

I can’t seem to find those skirts, what page are they on? 

The fancy panties are 1500 yen for  a set of two and the plainer ones are 1200 yen for two in DD size. Seems fair to me given the detail.

Edit: If I had a DDP I’d probably be going nuts for those perfect length socks. Bout time they started giving a little love to that body size. Of course Ribbon and Coron would be helping with that. 

Edited by Beani

cfx

Page number is cut off in the scans, but those underskirts are on the second page of the Personelle Blue Label the Best rereleases of those black outfits.

If those prices are a set of two panties then yes that's very reasonable I think.

Beani
26 minutes ago, cfx said:

Page number is cut off in the scans, but those underskirts are on the second page of the Personelle Blue Label the Best rereleases of those black outfits.

If those prices are a set of two panties then yes that's very reasonable I think.

Thanks! I totally missed them on that page. Will check my copy at home but from the price and small photo they do seem to be the same ruffle skirts. I love my pink one so a neutral one may be hard to resist. I currently only have one dress that can contain the skirts massive volume though ha. 

Cinnamoron
11 hours ago, cfx said:

The chair with the red upholstery is one of those Volks styles I've always wanted, but 30,000 yen is too much, and I also don't like the upholstery pattern on this one. I've seen an older one that had some kind of flower pattern, and I think the chair was maybe 1.5x the width of this one. Actually I don't know if that one was something ever sold as I've just seen it at one of the store photo booth areas.

EJoDgPmUEAAOrmV.jpg

Okay, so I don’t need a 55000 yen Louis XV Rococo styled sofa, but I certainly want it.  I always regretted passing on the elaborate throne chair they did a while back, so maybe I need to be saving for this ridiculous thing?

Also, the pastel kimono are quite lovely...especially the blue one.  The winter boots are tempting me as well. 

1 hour ago, cfx said:

Thanks for pointing these out!  Would have missed them otherwise! 

• Haha 1