Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks News 86

AliensOfGold

Had my eye on that white leather jacket for weeks.

Forgot it was on.🙃

Gabriel
3 hours ago, cfx said:

The page for the dress shows it without the underskirt, and the black pom-pom skirt page shows the dress with it. While it looks nice either way, I think it looks a lot better with the pom-pom skirt and that gives it the kind of frill it needs to go with Ranko's gothic lolita style.

It does look pretty nice like that.  It makes me wonder if the lottery results for Ranko will be available before the lottery for the clothing items on the USA side.

Kotone
4 hours ago, Beani said:

Yeah the original photos do look really bright now I look back at them. I found I took a picture of the outfit under the Volks store lights which is more accurate than my dark house lighting for sure. 

Also just shoving all the shots here in case people are interested!

DF986BB9-3159-4628-BDD5-80CD89ADABEC.jpeg

B0968077-8AFB-41B8-A2F2-EB68C1761DDD.jpeg

47CF3384-F702-4A10-9533-ED9410A81872.jpeg

E2EA7CC0-6503-4030-8A81-8E4B162407D7.jpeg

7FD8421F-8168-443D-B300-9190A757B102.jpeg

C5671C28-26E5-4A17-BCD8-36EDE4F032B6.jpeg

34189D66-E876-4E55-A0EB-72042A735058.jpeg

The herbalist outfit is REALLY way cuter than Volks’ pictures. If I can snag Arle I might get the mini version if it’s still available.

• Like 1

cfx
38 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

It does look pretty nice like that.  It makes me wonder if the lottery results for Ranko will be available before the lottery for the clothing items on the USA side.

Good question. The Volks USA site only seems to show the dolls for now, so the clothing lottery must be later. OTOH if I recall the clothing lotteries are usually only for 3 days instead of 10 for the dolls, and I don't remember if there is as long a time between the ending and the results announcement so I suppose it's possible it could all kind of overlap, but I also figure that makes more work for the employees dealing with multiple events at the same time.

Since Volks USA also sometimes combines events from Japan due to how they're timed or whatever reason, I could also see them delaying the Dolpa 42 clothing and combining it with the upcoming February outfit collection.

So I guess the answer I just came up with is "probably"? :classic_laugh:

If I only want <a> if I can also get <b> and/or vice-versa, lotteries are kinda bad for that since entering is a contract to buy if you win. Take the example of me and this dress. I could order the dress from Volks Japan even now as it's still available and enter the Volks USA lottery for the pom-pom skirt, but I don't know if I'd win. I can also enter the lottery for both items, but there's no guarantee of winning both so I can still end up with just the dress. Or I can enter for just the skirt and order the dress from Japan if I win the skirt, but there's no guarantee the dress is still on the Japan site by then. Or see if the dress has leftovers after the lottery on Volks USA. Or...argh! That's not even throwing in the idea of these items only really being useful if I succeed in getting Ranko...

@onion6@

Kotone
20 minutes ago, cfx said:

Good question. The Volks USA site only seems to show the dolls for now, so the clothing lottery must be later. OTOH if I recall the clothing lotteries are usually only for 3 days instead of 10 for the dolls, and I don't remember if there is as long a time between the ending and the results announcement so I suppose it's possible it could all kind of overlap, but I also figure that makes more work for the employees dealing with multiple events at the same time.

Since Volks USA also sometimes combines events from Japan due to how they're timed or whatever reason, I could also see them delaying the Dolpa 42 clothing and combining it with the upcoming February outfit collection.

So I guess the answer I just came up with is "probably"? :classic_laugh:

If I only want <a> if I can also get <b> and/or vice-versa, lotteries are kinda bad for that since entering is a contract to buy if you win. Take the example of me and this dress. I could order the dress from Volks Japan even now as it's still available and enter the Volks USA lottery for the pom-pom skirt, but I don't know if I'd win. I can also enter the lottery for both items, but there's no guarantee of winning both so I can still end up with just the dress. Or I can enter for just the skirt and order the dress from Japan if I win the skirt, but there's no guarantee the dress is still on the Japan site by then. Or see if the dress has leftovers after the lottery on Volks USA. Or...argh! That's not even throwing in the idea of these items only really being useful if I succeed in getting Ranko...

@onion6@

At the very least you have two chances for Ranko! Wishing you luck!

Edited by Kotone
  • Like 1

cfx
28 minutes ago, Kotone said:

At the very least you have two chances for Ranko! Wishing you luck!

Yes, thank you! @onion24@

Gallye

And of course there's already a Ranko 2nd on Mandarake, if you want to pay $200 more. Wheeeee. 🙄

cfx

^It's at least the second one, there was another a couple of days ago with "severe box damage" that was 89000 yen and it sold within a day or so.

If I dont get her in either tonight's clickwar or the USA lottery, I just won't have her. I've bought older release iDOLM@STER DDs that came out when I wasn't in the hobby at the higher prices because over time prices change and I never had the option of getting them at the original prices, but getting Ranko like that just feels like rewarding the hoarders and scalpers for what they do, and I won't do that considering how I feel about such practices.

I don't see how the ones at Mandarake made an individual any money though; surely what Mandarake pays vs. what they sell for is such that whoever sold them those dolls didn't get much if any more than they paid, and quite possibly less? The scalpers on Yahoo Japan I'm sure are making money but here I don't see it.

Edited by cfx

Kotone

I wonder what the possibility of actually getting Arle tonight is. There are tons of bots trying to gain access right?

DML
36 minutes ago, Kotone said:

I wonder what the possibility of actually getting Arle tonight is. There are tons of bots trying to gain access right?

Already got Ranko and Arle. so I dont need to worry about how busy the website will be 😛

Victoria
2 hours ago, Gallye said:

And of course there's already a Ranko 2nd on Mandarake, if you want to pay $200 more. Wheeeee. 🙄

I'm expecting the prices to drop after the batch from the Int. website is shipped. (Not as low as the original price but since Ranko is going for like 83-85k on YJA! I think 75k or so might be possible) At least it could be worse.  

Beani
5 hours ago, Kotone said:

The herbalist outfit is REALLY way cuter than Volks’ pictures. If I can snag Arle I might get the mini version if it’s still available.

It really is! Good luck with Arle today!

• Like 1

Thespian
40 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I'm expecting the prices to drop after the batch from the Int. website is shipped. (Not as low as the original price but since Ranko is going for like 83-85k on YJA! I think 75k or so might be possible) At least it could be worse.  

I hope so. I plan on trolling YJA! and Mandarake if I don't win in the click war or lottery. If she comes up somewhere in the ballpark of 70k-75k, I'm going to jump on it.

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

Kotone
10 minutes ago, Beani said:

It really is! Good luck with Arle today!

Thank you so much 🙏 my fight or flight is kicking in and I am SO ready to do my best to get her

Beani
8 minutes ago, Kotone said:

Thank you so much 🙏 my fight or flight is kicking in and I am SO ready to do my best to get her

Just remember the tip people learnt with the clothes today. It seems that when you get the access error it is better to hit the pink button rather than refresh as it appears to improve the chance of getting in. No idea why that was working for people when that button just translated to “Top Page” but it definitely seemed to help some people get orders through. Probably refresh a lot too for good measure though ><

edit: On that note, site is already down for me.. I’ll be sure not to look again today to avoid adding yet more load for those trying to buy dolls. 

Edited by Beani

Thespian

It seems the bots have started. I went to check my login and got the error message. Hold onto your hats, folks.

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

cfx

I logged in a bit ago and am on the Ranko page and refreshed and I'm still there. I don't know if this will actually help once it starts though.

Kotone

I got in and onto Arle's page on my phone. Gonna refresh every minute or two. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

20 minutes ago, cfx said:

I logged in a bit ago and am on the Ranko page and refreshed and I'm still there. I don't know if this will actually help once it starts though.

Same here. Haven't joined a clickwar before, so I'm kind of nervous. 

Anyways, good luck, everyone! 

nanika

Been trying to get in for over 10min.

cfx

Just got booted back to that error page and it appears I am no longer logged in, so that didn't work.

Thespian

I'm still logged in, but it took me 4 minutes to get through.

Any pronouns are fine

BeyondTime

The clickwars definitely didn't use to be this bad. You could get onto the site, and get things in your cart.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Thespian

Got one! Ranko is mine! <3

• Like 2

Any pronouns are fine

Kotone

I DID IT AAAAAAAA MY HANDS ARE ABSOLUTELY SHAKING

• Like 2