Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks News 86

BeyondTime
On 11/18/2019 at 3:21 PM, RiverR said:

At Dolpa LA they had a Best Of release with the logo and everything. IIRC there was a Sasara, Anastasia, DDS Saber / Altria and DD Jeanne d'Arc, plus an assortment of SDs. . . and only one of each.  It seems like the Best Of releases at Dolpas are new-old stock special releases, not a rerelease per se.  So I will hold out hope for a true Best of the Best rerelease!  . . . . But who knows what Volks will do? @onion37@

The one off BotB releases were from existing stock. I seem to recall that for the Japan Dolpa's this year they posted a disclaimer saying that they were being sold as is, and yellowing was a possibility.

On 11/18/2019 at 4:57 PM, cfx said:

It's also good to see prettier types of panties being sold separately instead of only in sets with bras, since I think the latter is fairly useless for DDs unless you're displaying them in lingerie; the seem to just make the clothing look frumpy if you use one underneath in my experience. 1500 yen for doll panties still seems like a lot but it beats the set prices by far.

That's pretty normal for the panty sets, but I guess they haven't done it in awhile. Usually they are SD16 sized, so DD kind of swim in them. I think all of my DD sized panties came from sets with a bra. I would recommend looking for pictures of them on a DD, but if they show a fit for SD16 they are probably not going to look so good on DD

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

That's pretty normal for the panty sets, but I guess they haven't done it in awhile. Usually they are SD16 sized, so DD kind of swim in them. I think all of my DD sized panties came from sets with a bra. I would recommend looking for pictures of them on a DD, but if they show a fit for SD16 they are probably not going to look so good on DD

I see, they do claim to fit everything so I guess that means they're really SD16 sized. :|

Are there any actual DD-sized panties then? I have one of the blue striped bra and panty sets that I bought mainly as an experiment to see if that bra would pad a bust to make some of the larger outfits fit better (it didn't, just made them look lumpy), and the size on those are fine but they're kind of bleh too.

I feel a little odd having a discussion about nice-looking pretty panties. @onion9@

Edited by cfx

Beani
33 minutes ago, cfx said:

I feel a little odd having a discussion about nice-looking pretty panties. @onion9@

It’s an important conversation to have. 

I’m disappointed to hear these may not fit DD well though. I guess it’s better to find that out with a cheaper panty set than with the more expensive bra and panty sets (or those very lacy panties that were 1500 yen each) though. I had considered them and now glad I didn’t make the leap. 

Beani
2 hours ago, Cinnamoron said:

Okay, so I don’t need a 55000 yen Louis XV Rococo styled sofa, but I certainly want it.  I always regretted passing on the elaborate throne chair they did a while back, so maybe I need to be saving for this ridiculous thing?

This made me laugh ha. Even in our luxury hobby these chairs always feel premium. But maybe it is time to save. If you decide to go for it I’ll be on the look out for photos for sure!

(sorry for double post, phone went weird)

BeyondTime
On 11/18/2019 at 9:00 PM, cfx said:

I see, they do claim to fit everything so I guess that means they're really SD16 sized.

I need to see the images better. The ones in the pictures look like they might be DD sized but I can't tell for sure.

On 11/18/2019 at 9:00 PM, cfx said:

Are there any actual DD-sized panties then? I have one of the blue striped bra and panty sets that I bought mainly as an experiment to see if that bra would pad a bust to make some of the larger outfits fit better (it didn't, just made them look lumpy), and the size on those are fine but they're kind of bleh too.

The only ones I can think of come with bra's or outfits.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Satsuki_Yatohji

Can anybody help me to understand what this page says about the Dear SD that has the headmold of Ushiwakamaru?

spacer.png

cfx

The clothing items are now on the Dolpa 42 page and each links to the webstore; I don't know if there's a way to view them as a category on the store and I can't check right now since the store is down. So far, there isn't a page for the collection outside the store like there usually has been.

Dolpa 42 New Outfit Collection

Edit: Store link for all the items:

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_191214_DP42/?__lang=en

I hope there is still a regular site link with the collections as they used to do as it's a good reference after items are no longer for sale.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 1

Tira

I feel like there's a lot of almost-but-not-quite outfits.  The Herbalist set is cute, but the colors don't really suit Rin.  Similarly, the pink and blue hoodie sets look good on Ribbon and Coron, but they're just too cutesy for my girls.  With Volks' prices, I hate to get something I don't absolutely love.

cfx

I want some of the accessory bits like the stockings and underskirts, but none of the outfits for me from this set.

I like the style of the herbalist outfits, and the color of the outer parts, but I dislike the pale blue vests and bright gold skirts, and feel together they clash and that it's just too many different colors.

Those hoodie sets are a style I don't like at all, with the little random bows sewn on, and whatever the style of that art on them is especially. Volks has other tops with art like that and I've never cared for that, but in general like much of their MDD clothing I guess these are meant to look like children's clothing which I'm not interested in.

I think the ivory dresses are pretty but not a style appropriate for me.

47 minutes ago, Tira said:

With Volks' prices, I hate to get something I don't absolutely love.

I don't think it's just prices. If I have a set of outfits to choose from to dress DDs in, I'll never pick the ones I don't love when I have others I do, so there's no reason to have anything but the favorites. I've bought whole outfits knowing I'd only use one or two pieces from them though, when those pieces are something I really want or need to complete another outfit, and can't get otherwise.

BeyondTime

The Volks USA Volks News free shipping campaign is on until Dec 4th 10 AM Pacific.

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=11373

• Like 2

Monty

Saw this just now re: dolpa events in 2020.

The OP is posting it because of the return of the aquarium event, but.... there’s no March Dolpa here. Home Town Dolpa in August is Kyoto (where March always is). Early May Dolpa is also in late April but that’s a change that started this year.

Could be a print error (August being Kyoto is very strange though, it’s usually Osaka/Sendai/Nagoya), but it’s possible there are only three Dolpa events next year instead of four. I don’t know how this is going to affect future releases - March usually seems to be SD focussed, but there’s still stuff like clothing releases. I guess we find out February Volks News what happens if there’s no event - although it could just be online, in which case nothing would change for most of us. 

• Thanks 1

cfx

Volks' Dolpa Portal site doesn't list all of 2020 like that page scan, but it does list what is presumably the next two Dolpas, Dolpa 42 this month, and Dolpa 43 on 4/26/2020.

As I haven't followed that site carefully in the past, perhaps they don't add them in order, but I would think they do?

Edited by cfx

Singer Yuna
12 hours ago, Monty said:

Could be a print error (August being Kyoto is very strange though, it’s usually Osaka/Sendai/Nagoya), but it’s possible there are only three Dolpa events next year instead of four.

Maybe the factory is still overload with the 2nd and 3rd batches of NieR preorders and they decided not to add new dolls...

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

foo
15 hours ago, Monty said:

Could be a print error (August being Kyoto is very strange though, it’s usually Osaka/Sendai/Nagoya)

They've done an August Kyoto Dolpa before a few years ago in addition to the March one. The location wasn't at Pulse Plaza, where the March one is.

Found it,

https://www.volks.co.jp/htd_kyoto12/

Monty
Just now, foo said:

They've done an August Kyoto Dolpa before a few years ago in addition to the March one. The location wasn't at Pulse Plaza, where the March one is.

Found it,

https://www.volks.co.jp/htd_kyoto12/

The August one next year is listed as Kyoto17 though, which is the number March 2020 would be if it was on.

the alternatives are March and August swapped and they forgot to put March there - Or it might be something special they announce at December Dolpa. I remember how they originally announced the first aquarium event (March this year) in December last year. 

Beani

The olympics are basically throwing all events out of whack next year so I definitely expect there to be different schedules to usual. (I mean Summer Comiket is in May.. lol).

Edited by Beani

Poofiemus

Oh, man, the Olympics, yeah. . .that's a good point. That's apparently July 24-August 9 according to Google, and that may also account for the August Dolpa being so late--usually the August Dolpa is in like the first 10 days of August IIRC, and this time it's all the way on the 30th.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Monty

For what its worth, it was confirmed at yesterdays Dolpa that there is no March event next year. Not sure if this is only for 2020 or from now on, and still not sure how this affects next years releases, but I do know one thing: RIP to anyone going to Kyoto in the summer. It's probably the worst part of Japan to be in during the summer tbh.

cfx

Right now, it's still about 10 minutes until the Dolpa 42 After Event outfit clickwar starts, and the website is already inaccessible.  @onion10@

Doesn't bode well for tomorrow night's Arle and Ranko clickwar. @onion32@

foo
Just now, cfx said:

Right now, it's still about 10 minutes until the Dolpa 42 After Event outfit clickwar starts, and the website is already inaccessible.  @onion10@

It was actually inaccessible an hour ago...

cfx
3 minutes ago, foo said:

It was actually inaccessible an hour ago...

Sigh. I've been sleeping so I only just tried.

The clickwar a few events ago, where I took 8 hours or whatever to get those Abyss Black outfits--even that one the website was acting fine right until the start time. I remember that because I was lulled into a false sense it wasn't going to be bad.

I'm only going to try to get various socks and those fluffy underskirt things, so if I miss out I won't care that much, but this bodes very poorly for tomorrow night's Ranko and Arle clickwar, which I will be highly irritated about.

Kotone

I'm gonna have so much anxiety over tomorrow if it's already like this tonight :,) 

• Sad 1

nanika

I had opened all of the product pages in advance and logged in, but yep, even 10 minutes prior, the site stopped responding.  I'm not going to wait around, clicking refresh.  Volks needs to change their servers (or maybe it's only 1).  A virtual queue would help.

cfx

They need to do something. Every webstore overhaul doesn't fix any of this, and seemingly has made it continually worse instead.

@onion2@@onion19@@onion7@@onion6@@onion10@