Singer Yuna

Baldylox

battrastard

Migon

Salica

monkeypizzasonic

New Basic Dolls

Katsudon

Aw ;_; I preferred the short wig on Justice. It changes her whole face I think. There's kinda a lack of short haired girls in smd land. But hey, at least she's back after being gone for months.

Edit: there's an amount of discussion about black hairstyles and makeup on the huuuge thread... so I feel kinda extra conflicted. I know her short wig was straight too, so it hardly had a natural look. And yes this is probably the wrong place to be musing over white supremacy re beauty standards, and how that carries over into dolls. Hi, thanks for watching my TED talk...

Edited by Katsudon
I have a lot of feelings

Lurks

Oh, ouch. A police uniform going up for sale? After all the politically charged turmoil this year about the police vs POC? That's...uh...not the best look, especially for a company that constantly trumpets about "celebrating diversity".

I don't mean to derail the thread into real-world politics but I can't be the only one thinking this is ill-timed and not well thought out, right?

• Like 3

HanaLuka
17 minutes ago, Lurks said:

I don't mean to derail the thread into real-world politics but I can't be the only one thinking this is ill-timed and not well thought out, right?

It's not just you. I don't think it's wise to release (or plan to release) that outfit, either.

• Like 1

Manaphyyy
12 minutes ago, Lurks said:

Oh, ouch. A police uniform going up for sale? After all the politically charged turmoil this year about the police vs POC? That's...uh...not the best look, especially for a company that constantly trumpets about "celebrating diversity".

Considering the overall discussion has died down a smidge on social media (obviously not gone, nor should it be, but there have been other events that have taken some attention away), I don't think it's the /worst/ time to release it. Plus, based on the photo it looks like a cortex body so this may be a licensed doll, in which case it's easier to create distance and say/pretend it's just a costume vs. glorifying actual police actions. 

IDK, ultimately, whether it's a licensed doll or just a straight up police uniform, I don't have plans to purchase it either way. 🤷‍♀️