Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

monkeypizzasonic

New Basic Dolls

Zippercore
3 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

(I am trying Very Hard to not want a Smartdoll because of all the customer service problems (plus I've commented on the FB thread enough that DC would prob just ban me if I did try to make an account there) but then they keep making dolls I like and it's A Problem.)

You could just make a new email specifically for the purchase? I'm still not entirely convinced that people get banned willy nilly, and the customer service issues have mostly centered around people explicitly refusing to follow the rules laid out on the website. I understand that they seem frivolous, but ngl it's not difficult to just play along. Be nice to Danny and his crew and he'll be nice to you.

Eiko82

Awww, tea Felicity is already sold out with plans to restock  @onion30@

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

monkeypizzasonic
8 hours ago, Zippercore said:

You could just make a new email specifically for the purchase? I'm still not entirely convinced that people get banned willy nilly, and the customer service issues have mostly centered around people explicitly refusing to follow the rules laid out on the website. I understand that they seem frivolous, but ngl it's not difficult to just play along. Be nice to Danny and his crew and he'll be nice to you.

Eh, I'd probably go through Fabric Friends and Dolls, just because I already have an account there. And I like layaways.

• Like 1

Zaliayn

I do really like these latest semi-real girls using the G04 & G05 heads, especially the cocoa G05 girl that was wearing the Britannia dress. She's absolutely gorgeous 😍 I'm hoping she gets an official release at some point, rather than just being consigned to the prototype garage. I've got no chance if that happens.

forged_in_mess

I'm loving mouth and nose, but unsure about eyes. They seem a bit far away from each other for my taste. 

monkeypizzasonic

Supergirl, cute pants, blue, possible grey?

Eiko82

Those pants are cute. 

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

monkeypizzasonic

New anime girl, vid of Knowledge.

(really showing the contrast of the super-flat face anime sculpt vs the semi-real)

monkeypizzasonic

I really love these g04-g05 sculpts, I think they'd look great next to my Icon.

• Like 2

Eiko82

That new cinnamon girl looks hot. 

Katsudon

Starting to feel a bit burnt out with new dolls tbh. O_O I mean we have people waiting months for dolls promised ages ago, meanwhile whatever capricious whim gets a sudden release.

Sorry, know this is a downer on a non-downer thread. 😕 The new dolls are cute but please, priorities!

• Like 4

sunlightandtea

Knowledge is pretty cute though....

monkeypizzasonic

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGqzGwbhV3T/

G04 seems to be the "science girls" sculpt, and I am Okay with this. (Waiting for a Tea one!)

TL;DR: Still doing anime, most licensed characters will be anime style too -

The DC Girls (Supergirl, Pxxxx Gxxx, Wxxxxx Wxxxx, Bxxxxxx, Hxxxxx Qxxxx), Shiki Ichinose (due for release this year) and so on are all anime styles. Naruto and some guy holding a black book and will be anime style - just as keikaku.

+ preview of new superhero girl (is it Batgirl? that's the only redhead on the list).

monkeypizzasonic

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGwq7NnhZKC/

Links because Instagram seems to be borked rn. Weekly sneak peek, Singularity blues are almost here, etc.

g04.png

Grabbed a pic because I am in love with the G04 sculpt, and I think I see a semi-real Prowess back there? If they make a G04 Prowess in Tea I am done for.😍

Edited by monkeypizzasonic

Katsudon

I am sure I already said I'm not a fan of DC... I can't even figure out what one of the names on the list is haha XD but I am curious to see what they do with Harley Quinn. :3 I bet she'll be super cute!

Manaphyyy
On 10/23/2020 at 5:39 AM, monkeypizzasonic said:

The DC Girls (Supergirl, Pxxxx Gxxx, Wxxxxx Wxxxx, Bxxxxxx, Hxxxxx Qxxxx)

With this hint, I'm pretty sure it's Supergirl, Power Girl, Wonder Woman, Batgirl and Harley Quinn. I don't think I'll be getting any since I don't have super strong allegiances to any comics, but that's a pretty strong lineup of characters.

forged_in_mess

That's a very nice line up. I'm more of a marvel person, but can't wait to see harley Quinn, that's gonna be one cutie. 

monkeypizzasonic

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG3CoMCBD9V/

Time for Blue! Will be a limited run, followed by green; also, more Milk bodies in production.

Blue dolls are Singularity anime, Singularity semi-real, Prowess and Moment (and Prophecy).

Edited by monkeypizzasonic

monkeypizzasonic

NEWS FINALLY

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHUsRCHhZlP/

Doll stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHUuQkQhekC/

Pics of new office space.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHVX6UtBVIK/

Fortitude Tea pics.

Important stuff:

However, as we started to get ready for a bunch of new releases (Shiki Ichinose, Super Girl, Interstellar Blue etc), we discovered rather questionable quality of components delivered by vendors. We need time to remake those components and put new measures in place to ensure that the quality is fit for shipping.

For this reason, I am reducing the amount of new releases (for both apparel and dolls) and also putting a cap on how many Smart Dolls we ship every month. Some planned releases will have to be canceled (Clarity, Independence Tea etc).

By the way - in my previous post, I mentioned a cap on the amount of Smart Dolls that we can sell every month - this is so that we can focus on quality rather than quantity. If a cap is put in place, The buy buttons on the Smart Doll product detail page will be grayed out, and you won't be able to add them to the cart until the following month.

Release delays/cancellations due to vendor quality problems, and caps on how many SmD they ship each month.

(I'm okay with monthly limits on amount of dolls produced; I think this is a better method to ease demands than the constant cycle of "in with the new out with the old" or "only sell dolls through random blind boxes". My only worry is that it turns into a clickwar on the first of each month or something...at least people would know what day to wake up early to try and get the stuff they want?)

monkeypizzasonic

(Bonus SmD Belle cosplay pic - assuming this is unofficial since Volks have the Disney license, but still cute tho. I like her hair.)

smdbelle.png