Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

monkeypizzasonic

New Basic Dolls

Eiko82

Belgium is ranked at number 10?!?! Seriously? That surprises me so much. I didn't realize that Belgians and Dutch people are such high consumers of Smart Doll goods. I'm kinda proud of that.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Ayuuya
On 10/1/2020 at 8:07 PM, Veravey said:

Thanks for the shop listings! I was hoping the BJD market would have more options than my previous hobbies 

I would like to quickly let you know— yes moonlightbjd is located in Canada... but the prices she lists on her site are in USD.  I only found out when I was checking out a few months ago when she was having a sale. 

I always like looking at SmD clothes... but I always cry a bit when I see the prices;;;; I know it’s well constructed... but usually it’s really basic stuff... 

• Like 1

Veravey
2 minutes ago, Ayuuya said:

know it’s well constructed... but usually it’s really basic stuff... 

Thanks for pointing that out! It's always a question if its USD or CAD. I actually find it kind of funny how some sites make it near impossible to tell which currency they use lol

And I agree on the SmD clothing  ;-;  the cost seems very high for the design choices. I can't comment on their quality since I haven't purchased any but I'm guessing they're sewn well? And seem to incorporate lining when needed? I appreciate the detailing they use on belts and accessories, though.

Actually on that note, how common is it for large brands (SmD, Volks, Azone, etc.) to line dark pieces, or any pieces that might stain?

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

monkeypizzasonic

Not sure about lining, but usually if an outfit is dark there'll be some kind of warning/disclaimer saying it might stain if left on too long.

(For Volks and SmD at least, idk about Azone.)

(There's also some North America-based Etsy shops that sell clothing to fit SmD if you poke around on there.)

• Like 1

Lynn
5 hours ago, Veravey said:

Actually on that note, how common is it for large brands (SmD, Volks, Azone, etc.) to line dark pieces, or any pieces that might stain?

At least Volks lines some of their dark items, but not all.

The difference between those three large brands is that smartdoll actually puts effort to stain test their clothes where as the other two do not. If Smartdoll product page says that the stain risk is low, it is low for that piece of clothing. Some other product may have stain risk that is medium or high. However, Volks product page says: "Please be careful as the color of the item may stain the surface of the doll." It says the same thing regardles of the item in question, no matter if it's white or black or anything between them. It is annoying, because there ARE dark clothes that won't stain your doll (or at least not that easily) but then there ARE also dark (and red and turquoise) clothes that can stain your doll literally in seconds. Parabox (obitsu) is the worst of the three: no warning of whatsoever about staining. For example, AmiAmi sells azone clothes on their site, no warning about staining there either. (I have no experience of the clothes of 1/3 sized azone girls. However, I do have experience about 1/6 sized ones. Black and red stain even those hard plastic bodies. I can only imagine how fast they would stain vinyl body.)

So, rule of thumb: buy black, red and turquoise clothes at your own risk. They very probably stain. (Smartdoll does not make an exception here. "Low" is not the same as "safe".)

Edited by Lynn
  • Like 3

Tira
20 hours ago, Veravey said:

I think the pattern with Volks is that they do line the Tenshi-no-Koromo brand outfits, since those are designed for DDs specifically, but not the other lines that are intended more for (and are usually modeled by) their resin dolls.

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

New stand deign, and idk if Singularity cinnamon has been shown or not before but anyway here she be.

Katsudon

I swear Danny talks about snot more than my 2 year old, who proudly announces to everyone when she's picked her nose -_- holding it aloft for all to see.

(I think Singularity in cinnamon has been shown once before, because I remember going "noooo gimme bluuuue" inside. I'm obsessed with this doll... unhealthily obsessed)

• Like 2

BeyondTime
6 minutes ago, Katsudon said:

I swear Danny talks about snot more than my 2 year old, who proudly announces to everyone when she's picked her nose -_- holding it aloft for all to see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Shuga

Honestly, I'm kind of excited about the new skintones? I'm really hoping for pink and maybe purple? This blue is so pretty though! I wonder how white hair would look on them?

• Like 2

forged_in_mess

I think that g4 actually looks beautiful in cocoa, like those nostrils are really cute and would fit any darker character much better than anime nose. 

• Like 1

Katsudon

I think those two sculpts are much cuter than Monday (sorry Monday) though I go to Smart Doll for my anime fix. Could be quite appealing to the resin bjd crowd though? 😄 (I'm an oddity there, so idk)

monkeypizzasonic

G05 candidate, with more to come (yas plz I am ready to be swamped with gorgeous cocoa girls).

• Like 4

Panda_Dolliess

Yeah so far, he G04 & 05 have been the BEST semi-real sculpts in my opinion. I personally prefer G05 because she has more afro-centric features. I really wish he would try different color palettes on the face ups especially for Cocoa, though the blushing and lipstick on this prototype is definitely one of the better ones. 

• Like 2

jadepixel

Merry Doll Round has really lovely faceups for their darker skin tone dolls. I also love the bright color accents, feels much more high fashion than the faux-tribal stuff on Prowess etc.

This new girl would look great with some copper accents in her faceup!

1858733665_zuriwebsite.jpg.024efb73bfbe4506ece75f4ecf0bc0d3.jpg

• Like 1

Eiko82

That new cocoa girl is cute.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

monkeypizzasonic

More of the new sculpts!

And business news. (maybe with more people getting extra stuff from the chaos section we'll see more cortex stuff on the aftermarket?)

Ai Priestess
On 10/10/2020 at 10:28 AM, monkeypizzasonic said:
And business news. (maybe with more people getting extra stuff from the chaos section we'll see more cortex stuff on the aftermarket?)

I’ve already seen an influx of Cortex kits and dolls for sale on Instagram. I’ve seen more Semi-Real girls for sale as well - not sure if they are related or just a coincidence. 

Katsudon
48 minutes ago, Ai Priestess said:

I’ve already seen an influx of Cortex kits and dolls for sale on Instagram. I’ve seen more Semi-Real girls for sale as well - not sure if they are related or just a coincidence. 

I must be looking in the wrong places haha. ^^; How much are people charging for cortex shells?

Ai Priestess

I’ve seen prices range from $200-400 for fully assembled dolls depending if they include accessories or clothes. They get scooped up really quickly!

Edit: Added information.

Edited by Ai Priestess

monkeypizzasonic

(I am trying Very Hard to not want a Smartdoll because of all the customer service problems (plus I've commented on the FB thread enough that DC would prob just ban me if I did try to make an account there) but then they keep making dolls I like and it's A Problem.)