Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

monkeypizzasonic

New Basic Dolls

BottleStar
14 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

I have a male character I've been thinking of shelling in pink; I was going to get him in resin, but a pink Gemini might make me reconsider... 

I'm interested in pink too... as long as it doesn't end up being 😑 a certain shade of pink I'm not fond of.

Edited by BottleStar

Galvatim

Smurfy.

I like this concept, I think some eyes with black sclera would look cool for a blue SmD.  The headsculpt used isn't clicking with me, but maybe another one will.  

Edit:  see the posts below about this most likely being Photoshopped.   Don't get your hopes up, this is the second or third time Danny's talked about releasing fantasy skin tones, and nothing has come of it for years.  

Edited by Galvatim

Mame

She's really pretty! Although I wouldn't buy her, I love the skin color and the possiblity of getting blue boys?! Yay! 

Lynn

She is fantastic! I wouid have used golden eyes and dark turquoise wig for her, though. 

Pit

This blue girl is pretty accurate for a customized avatar doll or a djinn.

Edited by Pit
  • Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

I LOVE HER. I most likely won't be getting her because she doesn't fit any of the characters I'm trying to shell rn but I LOVE HER.

(omg I didn't even notice the Blastoise at first lol)

c4tbus

i'm a little obsessed. can't wait to see it with an anime style sculpt! i'm hoping for a prowess with a brightly colored twist out wig!

• Like 1

Eiko82

She is SO GORGEOUS!!! Truly stunning! @onion8@

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Cauldroness

I wish Danny would post real photos of fantasy-skin dolls, instead of such obviously photoshopped ones. We've seen this before from him -- remember the photoshopped teal prototypes that never saw the light of day? What about the red doll he promised to release years ago?

I'll believe blue is real when I see actual owner photos of one.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

monkeypizzasonic

Another blue girl! And anniversary post. But blue girl! (I like 1's attitude, but I prefer 2's purpink makeup)

(@Cauldroness idk shit about recognizing photoshop'ed images and I wasn't around for those other things so...no comment? maybe we could talk about it on the facebook/controversy thread?) 

Update: Several people have reported that these images are most likely photoshopped. What that means in regard to the status of fantasy skin colors' actual production I cannot say.

Edited by monkeypizzasonic

jadepixel

I don't think the blue is photoshopped, but maybe color corrected photos of a slightly transparent vinyl. It reminds me of My Little Pony vinyl from the pics 😄

Have a feeling it's a more intense color in person, like how Cinnamon skin looks reddish under normal indoor lighting.

BeyondTime
12 hours ago, Cauldroness said:

I'll believe blue is real when I see actual owner photos of one.

It is kind of interesting how that blue is an exact match for the Pokemon she is holding.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

monkeypizzasonic

(I'm not trying to be annoying, but can we please move the photoshop discussion to the controversy thread/start a new general thread about it? I can add a note to the posts about it if you want, I'm just worried that it's going to take over the news thread and I'm trying very hard to not make this into another "complaining about what Danny is doing now" thread.

Which may end up being a futile gesture if this is true but I'd like to try at least...)  

• Like 2

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

(I'm not trying to be annoying, but can we please move the photoshop discussion to the controversy thread/start a new general thread about it?

There is already a bit of discussion about it there.

I understand where you are coming from given how much animosity there is in the controversy topic. With that said, this forum has generally always had pro / con discussions about new products in the product announcement threads. I see it all the time in the Volks threads. Not everyone likes the design choices, or business choices surrounding new products.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

sunlightandtea

Just out of curiosity: The store and owner photos I've been seeing of Prophecy and Felicity make it look like her joints actually are matched better. Can anyone with Prophecy or a recent cinnamon smart doll confirm or deny this?

bbotss
On 6/14/2020 at 9:10 PM, monkeypizzasonic said:

(I'm not trying to be annoying, but can we please move the photoshop discussion to the controversy thread/start a new general thread about it? I can add a note to the posts about it if you want, I'm just worried that it's going to take over the news thread and I'm trying very hard to not make this into another "complaining about what Danny is doing now" thread.

Which may end up being a futile gesture if this is true but I'd like to try at least...)  

It might actually be useful for people to know that the pics are photoshopped and actual blue dolls have not been made yet. Because there are people talking about stalking the garage and I dare not tell them about the photoshop even though I feel bad for them.

20200615_223537.jpg

monkeypizzasonic
3 hours ago, bbotss said:

It might actually be useful for people to know that the pics are photoshopped and actual blue dolls have not been made yet. Because there are people talking about stalking the garage and I dare not tell them about the photoshop even though I feel bad for them.

I've edited my post to reflect this information; I did not post the first blue doll pics so I can't edit that one.

monkeypizzasonic

Nostalgia out tomorrow.

(Anyone else completely skipping the text in these and just looking at the pretty dolly pics because they're worried he might say Annoying Things and you only have so much energy to waste on Being Mad About Things On The Internet today?)

• Like 1

Galvatim

I edited my post linking to the first announcement.  

It's worth noting that SmD reveals don't always come to fruition.  It's like when Bandai shows off a new SH Figuarts, who knows if it'll really come out.  

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

Anime blue girl (so smirky) and yellow eyes.

REGARDING the photoshop issue: There is also a video out now that shows the blue girls - while it's possible this has been edited as well, this plus the amount of posts he's making on them has me more inclined to believe we might actually be getting these girls at some point. (Plus if he's making superheroes + Star Wars + fantasy dolls having these colors developed would be useful.)

CrazyDollPerson

I really don't think the photos are photoshopped, I had a really hard time trying to see the "obvious" photoshopping. Granted, I am not an expert on photoshopping but I just don't see it, and I am curious how he would manage to photoshop the video in all those spots we saw the blue parts and girl...In any case I am not really a fan of the blue skin tone, but I think it is cool he is doing fantasy colors.

BeyondTime
15 minutes ago, jenlovesdolls said:

I am curious how he would manage to photoshop the video in all those spots we saw the blue parts and girl

Video editing software can do things like that. 

Just to be clear, I haven’t watched the video and I’m not saying he did do that here.

Edited by BeyondTime

Cauldroness

Yeah, it's super-easy to swap colors on video given today's video editing software. There are filters on various apps that can tweak your facial features -- sharpening your chin, enlarging your eyes, even adding make-up etc. -- while you talk and move about (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcA1nebGzgg for example).

There's a couple of moments in the video when he's moving the camera, and the blue girl seems to actually be blue -- but it's a much more subdued blue, not the brilliant intense blue of the photoshopped photos. It may be possible that there really is blue vinyl (although I still think some of the earlier photos are photoshopped Milk girls), but he's been photoshopping it to make the color more intense and vibrant than it actually is.

Regardless, I have no horse in this race -- I'm never buying another SmD (and I'm sure Danny has banned me even if I wanted to, which again -- no). I'm happy with my one SmD/DD hybrid and will keep it that way.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

monkeypizzasonic

I'm going to go with "photoshopping the blue to be more vibrant" for now. (He also says something about anime girl's color looking different; maybe the lighter, less vibrant shade is closer to the actual color?)

As I said, I think he probably is working on fantasy colors because that would give him a significant advantage in licensing brands he's going for ("green poison ivy" was very highly requested, for example).