Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Monty Pics

Monty

I don't really upload pics here much anymore but thought maybe I should try to make an effort to. I'll just crosspost ones I like from twitter every now and then.

Recently I took a lot of photos I liked cos I took part in the 30 Days of Doll Photography challenge that orchiddolls organised, so here are some of the pics I liked the best from that.

Day 9 - 'Relax' - 9S surfing the net.

Day 10 - 'Music' - the challenge was a good excuse to take photos of dolls I dont photograph enough, and Bri is one of those.

Day 12 - 'Kawaii' - because Rin is the expert.

Day 14 - 'Flowers' - I always like to take pics of Tilo, he's probably the easiest to photograph as well.

Day 21 - 'Love' - A while ago I did a photostory about Miku and Luka on a date, swore I would take more coupley photos of them again some time and then...didn't, so this was me making up for lost time.

Day 30 - 'Doll and Owner' - I chose Melly-kins, because he means a lot to me (and also he didn't get to be in many of the other photos).

Also, I haven't posted my Arle here at all even though I got her right at the end of March. Just in time to use her for Day 17 - 'Fashion':

As well as Day 22 - 'Glasses':

Getting Arle also made me realise that two MDDs is simply not enough, but although I'd love to add a Dream Choice MDD it doesn't look like I'm getting to Japan again any time soon (had to cancel my trip as it is). Still, there's a space here open for one when that time comes. I just hope I don't realise three isn't enough after that.

• Like 13

Chiakisenpai

I love the Rin one! She definitely is the cutest

lardroom

Arle is so cute! I really do need to play with her more and get her stuffs.

Beani

Your crew is simply too adorable, glad to see more of them here. What dress is Luka wearing?

BeyondTime
22 minutes ago, Beani said:

What dress is Luka wearing?

Seconded, that dress looks great on her and the setup is awesome.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

baldylox

All your photos and dolls are amazing but those last 3 photos are just awesome!  <3 

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Monty
35 minutes ago, Beani said:

Your crew is simply too adorable, glad to see more of them here. What dress is Luka wearing?

It's the Sugar Pink Corset dress, released in 2016 https://myfigurecollection.net/item/415381 It was actually the very first Volks outfit I ever bought, right before I got my Rin. For some reason I never tried it on Luka until now, but it looks really good on her. (it just required undoing the lacing on the back a whole lot to fit her bust). It comes with the choker and head decoration too.

Beani

@Monty Thank you! I have the very strong feeling I asked you about this outfit when I saw Rin in it as well (or just liked it a lot) so I went ahead and purchased it at Mandarake. Hopefully they have stock so I never have to bother you about what it is again. 

Very glad that the outfit is flexible enough for so many bust types. I plan to put Ram in it and finally (finally!!) use the VIP iceskates I bought ages ago.

Luka just looks stunning in it. You'd think the pink hair would be too much but it works. Great match for the Twinkle Princess outfit on Miku too.

Edited by Beani

Monty
20 minutes ago, Beani said:

@Monty Thank you! I have the very strong feeling I asked you about this outfit when I saw Rin in it as well (or just liked it a lot) so I went ahead and purchased it at Mandarake. Hopefully they have stock so I never have to bother you about what it is again. 

Very glad that the outfit is flexible enough for so many bust types. I plan to put Ram in it and finally (finally!!) use the VIP iceskates I bought ages ago.

Luka just looks stunning in it. You'd think the pink hair would be too much but it works. Great match for the Twinkle Princess outfit on Miku too.

I think it’d look great on Ram! 

The package says it fit all DD bust types and fit Rin just fine right out of the bag. I remember trying to put it on Bri’s L bust and being confused why it said it would fit when it wouldn’t, and then realised I had to undo the lace as well.

Volks also released a similar dress at the same time in mint (for M/L bust only) https://myfigurecollection.net/item/415384

And ‘Bitter Cassis’ for M only:

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/415383

And then a 2017 collection had this ‘caramel pink’ one which fits more sizes https://myfigurecollection.net/item/598068

as well as this ‘Vanilla beige’ which is the exact same as the sugar pink one I have other than the colour.

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/599504

the mini version is also similar to mine:

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/598066

I really wanted to get the 2017 ones and then didn’t, I think I bought something else expensive around that time. Maybe one day. They’d look really nice all together. 

• Like 1

cfx

Volks' page on Sugar Pink, Bitter Cassis, and Mint Blue:

https://www.volks.co.jp/htd_kyoto13/sumika_lpp/

Sugar Pink is stated to fit practically everything, even DDdy and SD16. That's kind of amazing given how well it fits Rin. A number of times here when someone has asked about clothing for DDS I've referenced Monty's pics because that outfit fits so well. I'm so often annoyed about how Volks outfits don't really fit on the torso and waist area on DD, especially things like these corsets that should be a snug fit to look right, so it's so great that this fits that way.

BeyondTime
25 minutes ago, Monty said:

And ‘Bitter Cassis’ for M only:

I have Bitter Cassis, but my Bell is the only one who wears it.

44438600511_5f9f91794c_o.jpg

3 minutes ago, cfx said:

so it's so great that this fits that way.

It's a bit elastic so it conforms to the slimmer waist well.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I have Bitter Cassis, but my Bell is the only one who wears it.

https://live.staticflickr.com/1886/44438600511_5f9f91794c_o.jpg

I can't find the page now, but I've seen this one on a DDS on some Japanese blog. It looks good too, but seems a little more loose than Sugar Pink, or maybe it just looks that way because of the way the satin material is on front because it looks the same on Belldandy too.

Also I think Takane stole it for a bit :classic_laugh:

https://www.dolldreaming.com/collections/item/263-takane-shijou/

For anyone looking for these dresses and in the USA, Volks USA still has a number of them, Sugar Pink Mini, Bitter Cassis, Vanilla, and Champaigne. Just search for "corset dress" and if you can get the website to actually work they will show up.

Edited by cfx

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, cfx said:

Also I think Takane stole it for a bit :classic_laugh:

I forgot all about that photo. @onion6@

Beani

@Monty Thanks for all those links. I almost bought the 2017 version by accident before but noticed the bustier was different at the last moment. Mandarake confirmed my order already and shipped it so I should have it pretty soon. Exciting! Thanks for enabling me. @onion9@

• Like 2

Singer Yuna
On 4/25/2020 at 12:06 PM, Monty said:

Getting Arle also made me realise that two MDDs is simply not enough, but although I'd love to add a Dream Choice MDD it doesn't look like I'm getting to Japan again any time soon (had to cancel my trip as it is). Still, there's a space here open for one when that time comes. I just hope I don't realise three isn't enough after that.

I feel so sorry you had to cancel it, I’m crossing fingers for the situation improves soon and you can go back.

About the MDDs army, they’re quite dangerous. I managed to stay in two MDD bodies and one obitsu, but the MDD floating heads are very tempting because their unique expressions. Your Tilo and your Arle are so unique, mix that with for example one fanged DDH17... I think there is not a stop because of that.

About the photos, great work as always, your selection of the 30 days challenge is great but your whole month photos should deserve a place here too.

I also want to praise you for ending it and putting so much efford in it ^^ (I’m still stuck in dark day xD) 

On 4/26/2020 at 11:28 AM, Beani said:

@Monty. Exciting! Thanks for enabling me. @onion9@

The beauty (and wallet’s fear) of this hobby xD

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Monty

Bringing back some more old photos just because I like them.

Starting with these from 2018 - I don't often take pics of Mel without his glasses but maybe I should. 

More recently, this stupid thing that was also in the 30DaysofDollPhotography Challenge:

Magical Girl Awuwu, although I did post her in another thread I know:

And that one time Tilo went to Italy.

ImageImage

And also, Greece:

ImageImage

Edited by Monty
  • Like 5

cfx

As someone who used to be into drafting, love the "2B" comic. @onion9@

baldylox

I love those vacation shots from Italy and Greece!  So amazing!  <3 

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Monty

It's been a while.
I haven't really been motivated to take photos recently cos of family tragedy, but yesterday the new toy I bought arrived - a big (80cmx80cm, so absolutely massive) photography/light box, the type typically used for product photography. The lighting in my house sucks most of the time and I don't like having to take dolls outside all the time just to get decent lighting, so I wanted to get something like this that can be deconstructed and easily stored away when I'm not using it.

I played around with it a bit yesterday and today and am still getting the hang of using it. First I took some pics with Rin against the orange background.

EDIT: Well, looks like google photos is good for my Wordpress blog and literally nothing else because I cant make it work for the forum, sorry about that. I reuploaded them.

I don't like these pictures much though and they were basically just tests - Rin's collar isnt set properly either and I hadnt really figured out the ideal position for the lights as you can see by the shadows.

Also someone kept interrupting me.

Today I tried it again, this time with the white backdrop, and with Arle as well.

This is how they look in it...and you can see the main issue I run into with this box is that the frame is visible if you zoom out too far. The white void is kinda boring, so I'd like to decorate it a bit and hide those 'pipes'.

The entire front of the box can close (for maximum reflectin) with just a hole for the camera....there was no point of this photo other than the fact that I thought it looked cute how I could see them through the hole, like the end of a cartoon.

Anyway, the shots I tried today after some practice and trying to figure out what camera settings work best with this. (despite getting this camera way back in 2017, theres still way too much I don't know about photography, by which I mean nearly everything)

The box also has a hole in the top for photos from above.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 5

foo

It looks like you didn't use public links for your photos, I can't see them except for the 3rd with Rin 🤔

BeyondTime
27 minutes ago, foo said:

It looks like you didn't use public links for your photos, I can't see them except for the 3rd with Rin 🤔

I'm seeing the same thing.

clearcat
58 minutes ago, foo said:

me too.  URLs are google photos, I don’t like google photos cos this always happens to me.

Edited by clearcat

Monty

Wow what a pain, I decided to try google photos for the forum because I can use it for my Wordpress blog no issue but it didnt seem to want to work no matter what....so I gave up and pasted from twitter, which has never failed me. (Thats why that one photo worked before.) and here I thought google photos was gonna save me some time...

Anyway the post has been edited so the photos should all show now.

• Thanks 1