Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Monty Pics

Monty

I finally gave Miku a photoshoot in the Snow Princess dress like I've been meaning to and the photo box was great for that.  

Because the outfit is so elaborate, I wanted to be satisfied with the amount of photos I took of her in it before I take it off her because it'll probably be a long time before I bother to put it on her again. She's been in it for a while, but I've been missing her classic short-hair look so I'll be changing her pretty soon. I ended up taking a lot of photos and only choosing some but it was fun anyway.

Since it's winter here she's seasonally appropriate, but for people suffering in the northern hemisphere's summer, hopefully looking at her iciness can make you feel a little cooler.

• Like 8

lucidium

Wow you really do have the cutest dolls! I love Luka, Snow Miku and Rin (^^). I didn't think much of Arle at first but seeing so many photos of her has won me over. lol

Edited by lucidium
fixed autocorrect
  • Like 1

Monty

It was Bri's turn in the box a few weeks and just as I thought, the settings I had completely wash out her skin tone which is a common issue with it. I need to practice a bit more with camera settings to figure out how best to photograph it, but I tried to adjust it by editing the colours more. I don't like to do this too much though because it makes her hair really orange...

Also finding new ways to incorporate the stand chair.

I put Mel in too, but its hard to know how to pose him without props. It's been a while since I took a full body photo of him though.Image

I made the colours warmer in these ones though.

Looks like he collected a few cat hairs on his hat that I somehow didnt notice at the time.

I want to invest in some furniture or decorations for this box eventually because they're starting to look a bit troubled by the void.

• Like 4

Monty

Some pics to commemorate Miku’s 13th birthday today. It’s the first time I’ve put this suit on someone other than 9S, and I think it suits her well.

EgrQ2vXUMAAVD9q.jpg

EgrQ2vrUwAAKZfA.jpg

Egqy9S-U0AED-2b.jpg

Egqy_EfU4AM2wJs.jpg

• Like 4

Monty

I finally got around to remaking my headshot signature but I had to take some new pics because I wanted to use recent photos, and also had been waiting for Luka and 9S to get their new wigs and eyes. ...unfortunately I ended up not liking Luka's new eyes that much, so I put Len's in her for this instead. I think Luka looks better with lighter blue eyes than her dark defaults, especially with the new Ronshuka wig she has. 

....although now I've got her another set from Taobao, as well as a new wig for Tilo, so I might end up replacing their portraits later.

edit: These are the eyes I had a friend pick me up from Idoll Nagoya, from Emmie's Empire. I was basing the choice on the graphic showing all the different eyes as a chart, and not a photo of how they looked in a doll...the graphic did not indicate whatsoever that they had these big reflective shards in them. The effect is kinda cool and all, but it makes Luka look like a ghost or something which isn't really what I was going for.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 6

Jezrah

I like Luka's new picture, and the shiny tinsel as a background is pretty.

As a side note, at the moment your new signature appears broken. It looks like a string of commands rather than a picture.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Jezrah said:

It looks like a string of commands rather than a picture.

I’m seeing 8 circular doll photos and three social media links. It all looks properly formatted. 

Try a different browser and see if you get a different result. 

5 hours ago, Monty said:

I think Luka looks better with lighter blue eyes than her dark defaults, especially with the new Ronshuka wig she has. 

I think that pink suits her, and that blue suits her. I’m not sure that blue goes with that pink. The green shade of those eyes you didn’t like does suit that pink, but you’re right on the money when you says those particular eyes are wrong for Luka. That metallic glittery glow effect doesn’t match the softness of her hair and face.

This gives a pretty good rundown on what shades match with various pinks. 
https://www.newidea.com.au/colours-that-go-with-pink 

You might want to think about getting her some new nails to go with whatever color combination you settle on. Maybe if you can find the right eyes in that same green and get her some celebrity nails to match. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty
5 hours ago, Jezrah said:

As a side note, at the moment your new signature appears broken. It looks like a string of commands rather than a picture.

3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I’m seeing 8 circular doll photos and three social media links. It all looks properly formatted. 

Try a different browser and see if you get a different result. 

Actually, it looks like the signature worked for people on a computer but not on a mobile device, although I have no idea why that would be. When I looked on my ipad, the signature was a (weirdly huge) blank square.

Unfortunately when I tried to fix this, the transparency effect disappeared and now the circles are on a white block. I also have no idea why this is. I'll have to experiment with it more later but if anyone has any ideas about it, I'd like to hear them;;

3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I think that pink suits her, and that blue suits her. I’m not sure that blue goes with that pink. The green shade of those eyes you didn’t like does suit that pink, but you’re right on the money when you says those particular eyes are wrong for Luka. That metallic glittery glow effect doesn’t match the softness of her hair and face.

This gives a pretty good rundown on what shades match with various pinks. 
https://www.newidea.com.au/colours-that-go-with-pink 

You might want to think about getting her some new nails to go with whatever color combination you settle on. Maybe if you can find the right eyes in that same green and get her some celebrity nails to match. 

I didn't actually know those eyes were green, either, which is another reason I liked them less in person. In the dealer graphic they appeared pale greyish blue. In most of Luka's official artwork her hair is a more pale/candy pink and her eyes a paler blue, so the colours chosen for the DD (deep blue and almost salmon) have always bothered me. Unfortunately the Ronshuka wig I got was a little paler than expected, too...but I still like it. Len's eyes are just a placeholder because they go better with the wig than her defaults, which are extremely dark and made the hair look even paler (while the hair made them look even darker).

The eyes I got are a sky blue, so I will have to wait and see how they look together.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Monty said:

Actually, it looks like the signature worked for people on a computer but not on a mobile device, although I have no idea why that would be.

It looked fine on my iPad. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

I think I fixed it, it works on my iPad and laptop and didn’t on my phone until I refreshed again. Anyway, have a Nines.

Ekp16eIUUAAZO6u.jpg

Ive seen so many beautiful repaints of 2B and 9S that I’m starting to want mine redone too. It’s just that I’m a bit worried about the blindfold messing up a custom faceup, especially because it’s so annoying to put on.

I need to get some more decorations for this box, like some draping curtains etc, instead of always defaulting to the shiny party streamers..

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

mahourora

Gosh all of your dolls are absolutely gorgeous!! Luka especially has stolen my heart - she looks so sweet and soft! Her photos have a kinda dreamlike feel that makes them really pretty.. 

• Like 1

luisjavier_osorio
23 hours ago, Monty said:

I finally got around to remaking my headshot signature but I had to take some new pics because I wanted to use recent photos, and also had been waiting for Luka and 9S to get their new wigs and eyes. ...unfortunately I ended up not liking Luka's new eyes that much, so I put Len's in her for this instead. I think Luka looks better with lighter blue eyes than her dark defaults, especially with the new Ronshuka wig she has. 

....although now I've got her another set from Taobao, as well as a new wig for Tilo, so I might end up replacing their portraits later.

edit: These are the eyes I had a friend pick me up from Idoll Nagoya, from Emmie's Empire. I was basing the choice on the graphic showing all the different eyes as a chart, and not a photo of how they looked in a doll...the graphic did not indicate whatsoever that they had these big reflective shards in them. The effect is kinda cool and all, but it makes Luka look like a ghost or something which isn't really what I was going for.

Awww!!! I loved her on first sight!

luisjavier_osorio
On 8/30/2020 at 5:54 PM, Monty said:

Some pics to commemorate Miku’s 13th birthday today. It’s the first time I’ve put this suit on someone other than 9S, and I think it suits her well.

EgrQ2vXUMAAVD9q.jpg

EgrQ2vrUwAAKZfA.jpg

Egqy9S-U0AED-2b.jpg

Egqy_EfU4AM2wJs.jpg

I can hear her singing "Radio... mein radio..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0NfI2NeDHI

• Haha 1

luisjavier_osorio
On 7/5/2020 at 7:37 AM, Monty said:

I finally gave Miku a photoshoot in the Snow Princess dress like I've been meaning to and the photo box was great for that.  

Because the outfit is so elaborate, I wanted to be satisfied with the amount of photos I took of her in it before I take it off her because it'll probably be a long time before I bother to put it on her again. She's been in it for a while, but I've been missing her classic short-hair look so I'll be changing her pretty soon. I ended up taking a lot of photos and only choosing some but it was fun anyway.

Since it's winter here she's seasonally appropriate, but for people suffering in the northern hemisphere's summer, hopefully looking at her iciness can make you feel a little cooler.

Actually... winter is comming XD

OccultBeast
On 10/18/2020 at 9:12 AM, Monty said:

Excuse me these eyes are GORGEOUS 😱  I definitely agree with you though, they give her a completely different look, and while pink and green can and do go beautifully together, she looks much softer with blue eyes instead.

Some A+ photos here though, they've all got this precious dreamy vibe to them~!

• Like 1

Monty

Tilo got a new wig nearly a month ago, but I was too busy to take any good pics of it until yesterday. It's painfully cute, and is how I wanted him to look originally. It's from msire on Taobao.

ImageI'm debating trimming those tails just a teeny bit. I'm worried that I wont do it evenly and will keep cutting off more on each side to get it even, and then eventually have them too short. Right now I cant figure out where I put my new scissors anyway though.

Prince Tilo again at last! It's fun dressing him up in suspenders and boy detective chic, but a little prince is how I originally envisioned him.

The full outfit, Sucré Chocolat Mini. I'm really glad I got it....but these boots don't exactly match, so I'll be getting some fancier ones next time I do a Taobao run.

• Like 6

Monty

I'm really happy to have Arle with me for christmas this year. Getting her and my SD Cecile were two highlights of a really really bad year for me.

image.png.ab7b495c7291b0c1c046f93d240bc91a.png

I love this Azone50 outfit too. While I still don't have any dolls in the size it's actually made for, the elastic in the skirt and the fact that the bagginess doesn't look bad on it means I can fit it on MDD (and Kid Delf) as well as DDS (SS bust or boy anyway). But I think Arle wears it best so far.

• Like 4

Monty

The last of the christmas pics I can be bothered with.
Here's Mel wearing the outfit I got recently after I waffled on it for nearly two years or so. In the end I couldn't resist those santa shorts but the hood is cute too.

The convenient thing about having a DDS boy and a SS bust DDS is that when you want the latter to wear the outfit the former has on, all you have to do is swap heads and no one's gonna know.
ImageEven though I have a lot of DDs by now, I rarely take photos of them together and tend to go for solo shots because it's easier. I really want to do more duo and group shots. They're trickier to set up, though...
Also appearing in this photo is my new little Obitsu Uniform Project girl, the little demon version of Sekiya Yuu (tan skin variant). These little girls are great.

• Like 6

baldylox

You should definitely do more multi doll pics because these look wonderful! They're well set up and full of color and the posing is great too.  I think it's well worth it for the time spent to do more multi doll photos.  :) 

Happy Holidays to you and your lovely doll family!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Monty

Well, here's another multi-doll pic - my two Lens, Mel and Waver. I'm eternally thankful for being able to get a second Len since I love his sculpt so much.

ErmuTS9VQAQfq_V?format=jpg&name=small

I want to take more pics of Waver, but his wig is still kinda bugging me. The spare I managed to find finally arrived recently though so I'm gonna try to see if my second attempt at it works a little better. 

I also got a new lens for my nikon lately during the boxing day sales, and in between that and slowly slowly learning to use Lightroom, I think my photography is improving. I like these pics I took of Tilo in his new outfit - one of my grail outfits (La Larme du Petit Papillon) I was lucky enough to get via DOA's marketplace after being unable to find it for a decent price anywhere (or at all). This is actually the outfit I wanted for Tilo since I first made him, so I'm really happy about that. It suits him even more than I expected.

(Unfortunately I frequently miss small details when taking photos that I only notice in post...like the fact that his sleeves are kinda rolled up and look like they're too short on him. They actually do cover his wrists!)

• Like 5

Monty

Dumping some recent pics:

Arle off on an adventure.

EtXkzkQU0AAkADc?format=jpg&name=large

She’s got her new Subaru eyes in so she’s ready for anything.

EuV7z1nVoAI_6mP.jpg

Luka also got Subaru eyes, which turned out to be the exact type I’d been wanting all along, so she finally looks perfect to me.

Er1_mKiUYAIt6ah.jpg

Late last month was the 10th anniversary of my webcomic, so I dressed up Mel and Bri for the occasion.

EspA4DUVEAIDBOA.jpg
And Waver got to do my valentines pic this year.

EuENuqKVgAA4bUZ.jpg

• Like 8

BeyondTime
On 2/16/2021 at 3:06 AM, Monty said:

Late last month was the 10th anniversary of my webcomic, so I dressed up Mel and Bri for the occasion.

I was hoping you had a DD for Brisbane.

Canberra would make a cute DDP too, but she’d need a proper suit with a skirt. Not looking like Volks will ever make anything like that for DDP

• Like 1

Monty
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I was hoping you had a DD for Brisbane.

Canberra would make a cute DDP too, but she’d need a proper suit with a skirt. Not looking like Volks will ever make anything like that for DDP

I’ve had her since about March 2017! She was a DCoord.

I actually did consider making MDD Can a few years back, when Volks released both men’s and women’s SDM suits (which may have also fit a DDP okay? Not sure). But to be honest I have no real desire or need to shell all or even most of my OCs, it’s already getting harder to give everyone adequate attention and I don’t even have a particularly huge collection. 

I still get a little surprised when anyone mentions any of my not-dollafied OCs though.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Monty said:

I still get a little surprised when anyone mentions any of my not-dollafied OCs though.

Canberra is a cutie, and her origin story is really sweet. 

That Santa Bikini of Brisbane’s needs to be a thing, because reasons...

• Thanks 1