Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Monty Pics

Monty

This is somewhat awkward after the discussion of Bri, but lately I've been feeling less and less attached to her and numerous times have even considered if I want to sell her. Eventually I realised the problem wasn't with the tan 9, but with the tan 9 as Bri - she doesn't really resemble my character to me, especially with the default faceup, and I keep getting frustrated by that. (and I was already frustrated by not being able to find a suitable wig because the cotindoll one she has isnt the right colour and it always looks super orange in photos) I could send her off to get a new faceup and hunt down a new wig...but to be honest I am no longer even sure if I particularly -want- a doll of this particular OC.

So for the time being I have been experimenting with making this particular doll into somebody else. Given that I might completely change my mind and turn her back into Bri eventually, the changes are all reversible and only involve different wigs and eyes. Who knows, this weird feeling might just be temporary.

Here's the current experimental combo.

I also tried this wig on her that belongs to one of my resin dolls - so no, she can't have it - which is almost a shame, because it looks really,  REALLY cute on her:

...so much that I actually just ordered two more of this style from msiredoll in two different colours to add to my latest taobao order.

One of the wigs is black, because one idea I've had floating in my head for quite a while was combining a black bob with some black cat ears I already have and making her into my Bastet OC. I'd already been wanting to make a MDD like that, although I have no idea when.

We'll see what happens...her name can just be B for the time being, since it stands for both Bri and Bastet. 

Unrelated to all of that, I wanted to give Luka and Miku more attention so I had fun slathering these in LINE camera stickers to make purikura date pics.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 5

AliensOfGold

I love that silver wig you have there. Looks really cute on her.

Riesz

For some reason I can't see the pictures in your post!

Tierparkzone
15 hours ago, Monty said:

This is somewhat awkward after the discussion of Bri, but lately I've been feeling less and less attached to her and numerous times have even considered if I want to sell her. Eventually I realised the problem wasn't with the tan 9, but with the tan 9 as Bri - she doesn't really resemble my character to me, especially with the default faceup, and I keep getting frustrated by that. (and I was already frustrated by not being able to find a suitable wig because the cotindoll one she has isnt the right colour and it always looks super orange in photos) I could send her off to get a new faceup and hunt down a new wig...but to be honest I am no longer even sure if I particularly -want- a doll of this particular OC.

I always liked your Bri - but I'm a sucker for the DDH-09. And I don't have that much of a connection to your webcomic that the doll would feel off to me.

So, have fun experimenting and turning her into another character. I'm really curious how she will turn out with black hair.

7 hours ago, Riesz said:

For some reason I can't see the pictures in your post!

Monty's pics seem to be embedded twitter images. If your browser's tracking protection is on or your adblocker is turned to a very strict setting, this is the likely cause they don't show up for you. I had a similar issue until I added an exception for DollDreaming.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
17 hours ago, Monty said:

As usual your photos are all beautiful.

This picture made me realize I can probably use the 09 in NS to make a custom of Akko from Milk Morinaga’s Girl Friends. Morinaga’s art has larger eyes, but the first thought through my head when I saw this was “Oh my god, that’s Akko!”

Now I just need to find a head for Mari, can’t have one without the other. The great thing about these two is I don’t need custom outfits and the wigs are pretty simple too. 

but to be honest I am no longer even sure if I particularly -want- a doll of this particular OC.

Based on things you posted on your web comic towards the end, it sounds like you aren’t in a good place in general with the webcomic and want some distance from it. (Sorry, I’m having a hard time expressing it properly.)

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

OccultBeast

I also tried this wig on her that belongs to one of my resin dolls - so no, she can't have it - which is almost a shame, because it looks really,  REALLY cute on her:

Cygnus was not thrilled with this act of betrayal.

• Haha 1

Monty
10 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Based on things you posted on your web comic towards the end, it sounds like you aren’t in a good place in general with the webcomic and want some distance from it. (Sorry, I’m having a hard time expressing it properly.)

This is certainly true, although it doesn’t affect Mel at all. Mel is kinda special though, because he’s one of my favourite OCs regardless.

I also probably wouldn’t feel this way if I wasn’t suddenly hyper aware of the number of dolls I have VS the available space for them, since I don’t have my own place anymore like I used to.

But being able to appreciate her with different looks made me realise again how much I really do love this sculpt, especially in tan.

on the subject of photos, linking from twitter has currently been the only method that actually works for me unfortunately. I could never get google photos to work and I don’t really want to pay Flickr to continue hosting there.

Singer Yuna
1 hour ago, Monty said:

But being able to appreciate her with different looks made me realise again how much I really do love this sculpt, especially in tan.

I’m glad to hear that, it seems to disipate the doubts about selling her. Her new experimental look rocks, is like Bri cut her hair rebelliously.

and I love the purikura vocaloids 🌸

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

BeyondTime
On 3/20/2021 at 2:33 AM, Monty said:

I also probably wouldn’t feel this way if I wasn’t suddenly hyper aware of the number of dolls I have VS the available space for them, since I don’t have my own place anymore like I used to.

I guess my thought here would be can you find a place to put them that makes more efficient use of the space you have?

I have a number of mine in two rows on top of a bookshelf. I didn’t like not being able to see the ones in the back row so I got a pair of two by eight redwood planks and screwed them together to make a 4 x 8 riser. The DDS are in the front row on Volks stands, and the DDs are in the back row on coolcats stands with a 3/4” plastic base. It’s a long half height bookshelf and it holds 18 dolls, which is one more doll than my full height display case, although that could hold 20 if my 3 SD weren’t sitting on a Volks antique sofa chair.

I did the same thing with a dresser only the dolls in the front row are sitting on Volks sofas / Ranko thrones, and the ones in back are on coolcats stands. I still did a riser so I can see more of the ones in back.

Before I had the risers I always hated putting them in the back row, because it made me feel like I was relegating them to a sort of invisibility that was akin to playing favorites.

Sorry, just thought sharing that might help you think outside the box about solving the space problem.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

TheWhiteRabbit

I love hoe B looks like this, the sparkly gold eyes look great with her warm skin, and I like her borrowed bob a lot as well as her shaggy warm wig. It's a beautiful head sculpt, so no matter how she ends up, I'm sure she'll be lovely.

Follow me on Twitter :)https://twitter.com/WhiteRabbit887

Monty

I got the new wigs in the other day, so here’s B at the moment.

Ey_2pTrVcAA5Jky.jpg

Ey_2pTsVcAMLLGC.jpg
Ey_2pTuVcAAZmPh.jpg

This dress really doesn’t suit the aesthetic I want, but it’s the closest thing I have at the moment. I’m going to get her some gold jewellery too. I still don’t know if this look is just a temp thing or not, but I do like it. I’ve also been considering getting her a SS bust to make her more androgynous or gender neutral in appearance (or like a boy with big hips) but we’ll see.

Other misc pics I like from recently, 

EycaBWFUUAA7puK.jpgfor Orchid doll’s #3weeksofdollphotography challenge, this was for the prompt ‘sadness’.

EyiX9a7U8AUI7Nl.jpg
EyiX9bAVEAEQup7.jpg

I’ve been into Polynians lately, although I don’t know if I’d get more. I mainly got Shamrock as a little friend for my obitsu Sekiya but he’s also fun with the DDs. He’s off-topic on this forum, but Mel is here too so it’s okay!

EzFP3v2VoAIm7ES.jpgArle also got a new wig (it was actually also for B but I haven’t tried it on B yet because as some as I put it on Arle I didn’t want to take it off). This is another #3weeksofdollphotography challenge pic, the prompt was ‘playing’.

EzFP3v4UUAErt4B.jpg‘Now kiss.’

EzFP3v2VkAEdSri.jpg

• Like 12

AliensOfGold

Edited by AliensOfGold
  • Like 1

Monty

Last few pics from the photo challenge.

This was ‘self care’, featuring Miku.

EzKpOzhVUAIQVZF.jpg

The final prompt was ‘your favourite hobby’ which got me to finally use the mini coloured pencils I’ve had for years and have been meaning to use in a photo shoot and never have the way I wanted until now. I think I got these as a freebie at a doll meet I went to years ago! They came in a package that looked like a CD case, but I don’t know where they came from. Anyway, featuring Tilo this time. I really like how this shoot turned out.

EzPFgHPUcAAVjiw.jpg
EzPFgHOUYAokBW0.jpg

EzPFgHhUcAAJbTN?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Monty
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Gweneveryn

Those are really nice, especially the miku pic! She looks great in a short wig

• Like 1

Monty

Lately i’ve been more into my resin dolls and have had to fight the urge to just take a million photos of my SD Cecile whenever I get in a photography mood, but my Volks order is shipping  and I’ll be able to give Rin and Mel some new clothes soon.

For the time being I recently came up with a new outfit for B, because it’s getting colder and colder and I felt bad for her in the thin summer dress, and I also like how these colours look on her better.

E1F74GhUUAUb0dg.jpg

E1F5CaAVIAAtc-g.jpg

E1Wo_ZSVgAIVLwM.jpg

I’m still hoping there will be some upcoming outfit releases that better fit my idea for her. Late June Volks News feels so far away...

• Like 9

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, Monty said:

I’m still hoping there will be some upcoming outfit releases that better fit my idea for her. Late June Volks News feels so far away...

She's really beautiful no matter what you seem to do with her.

• Like 1

AzDoll123

Her eyes are stunning and you capture all the details and shine in her eyes so well! 

• Like 1

Milk

Your pictures and your dolls are all very beautiful. I like how you frame the details and the dolls.

The outfit on B looks cozy, good job on that.

Edited by Hymn
  • Like 1

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

Monty

I forgot to put my pics of Meito in here. At the moment he still has Meiko’s (concealed) M bust, but i’ll be getting him a SS bust when I get some of the stuff I want in the July collection next week. (And maybe a new wig eventually, although I like how fluffy the default is)

E5Bd6OnVoAI5l1K.jpg

E4eKKq3UUAI3EIg.jpg

I really like the cheeky overbite Meiko has, it really makes my Meito look like a troublemaker. I imagine him as a campy drama student who is a massive gossip, and gets on best with Rin (although I haven’t taken any pics of them together yet)

E5Bd6OmVoAwv9MM.jpg

Also, here’s some recent pics of my Waver.

E5H2TBXVkAQCwLS.jpg

E5bu91KVIAcWh9x.jpg

Edit: since I mentioned in a previous post the new Volks outfits I had shipping, i’ll link the other pics I took with them since I didn’t end up posting them in this thread. 

Edited by Monty
  • Like 5

Monty

Some catching up, here’s a fabulous Meito, as spotted by paparazzi.

E6UrudIVgAE-8Z1.jpg

Next we have some celebration pics in which I used some doll macarons I bought recently. First up is Miku - I took these for her 14th anniversary on the 31st of August. I try to always take a photo of Miku on that day when I can (and sometimes I can’t).

E-GDI4VVIAkiFFZ.jpg

E-GDI4YVgAEI95O?format=jpg&name=large

I edited her face slightly (brightened her eyes and put blush on her), I think she looks a lot better with blushing on her cheeks so I’m thinking of doing it to the actual doll at some point. Compared to her virtual singer friends, Miku’s DD’s face seems a bit more bare due to the lack of blushing.

Next, while the 2nd of September isn’t the Kagamine anniversary, it is the anniversary of when I first got Rin - my first DD. I was disappointed in myself for forgetting last year so I swore I’d give her a proper photo shoot this year to make up for it, and I like how these turned out. It’s now been 5 whole years with DDs.

E-RliWLUcAAqZfv.jpg
E-mMC0CVcAQ17hg.jpgE-mMC0EVUAgEM19.jpg

The rainbow cake and tea cup came from a dealer called ‘I Wax Nostalgic’ at I-Doll - a friend picked them up for me. But as for the adorable macarons, they are from Aisineris Miniature on Etsy. They make lots of adorable doll sized food - although they don’t have any macarons available right now other than the pumpkin ones.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AisinerisMiniature

• Like 6

baldylox

Gorgeous photos as always!  I love all the little details you have in your pictures, it makes things look so real with the dolls.  And the colors you get are amazing.  I enjoy seeing new pics you share here so please keep them coming!  <3 

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Monty

I got the white dress I wanted from Volks and Bastet is looking more Bastet-like. She’s still not perfect, and I want to keep experimenting with different types of jewellery, but the basic look is there. Bastet is actually a Fate OC I made back in 2015, she was a Caster.

E_9y5LyUYAAbhl5.jpg
E_9y5LxVEAMwuwv.jpg

these are mostly just bracelets I found because I wanted stuff with gold and teal (and red, but didn’t find that yet). The aesthetic isn’t quite exact for her but I like how the colours look with the white dress and the tan skin. 
And since she seems to suit sitting in trees,

FAN59mQUcAc5hcG.jpg

FAN59mFUYAk1Veo.jpg

Also gonna stick these Tilos in here because I forgot (in this thread anyway)back when I took them. I took them when it was Autumn here a few months back but if I post them now they’re seasonally appropriate for the other half of the world lol.

E2I4vivUUAAUkVV.jpg

E2NDMDfUUAcf2lt?format=jpg&name=large
E2NDMDkVgAAaldN?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 12

Testament

I love your Bastet <3 I need to do something similar, but I can't find an appropriate wig for 6-7 inch head

• Like 1

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Veravey

Agreed, she's.so striking and elegant. Makes me want to make an Egyptian inspired doll. <3

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif