Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

MDD Mochi-Ashi

Selenae

@Beani So, I just realized that the three models are shown in all three skintones. The first two sculpts shown in semi-white (kitty-mouth) and flesh (smiling) are most definitely new, but the tan model is a DCH-17 which makes me go "hmmmmm". The blog also shows a DCH-12 in flesh on the new body. I wonder if these girls will be debuted as Dream Choice first?

Nothing was mentioned in the blog about them being standard releases on the new body. 🤔 But, standard or not, I desperately need this face in my life. Volks, you had to go and do this to me, huh?

nis_0606_06.jpg.ca13698d53020360af65d5a140cf3c38.jpg

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 1

BeyondTime
26 minutes ago, Selenae said:

I wonder if these girls will be debuted as Dream Choice first?

That thought had crossed my mind, but I am sure the SWS & NS skin girls will become standards eventually if they start out as Dream Choice. I wouldn't hold my breath on tan.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Elagabalus

GOSH, those new heads (especially the pouty one!) and the pudgy legs are adorable. I hope they'll sell the legs separately, I'd like to have the option of putting them on my Arle. And that pouty new head may give the 17 a rivalry for top-head-I'd-like-to-Dream-Choice.

I do wish the rest of the body was squishier looking overall since it's kind of oddly proportioned now? But I also like that I don't really have to buy an entirely new MDD wardrobe if I were to get a pair of the legs.

Selenae

@Elagabalus It's possible the body is a completely different shape from the MDD. Having loose-fitting clothing on makes it hard to tell, but I'd be very surprised if the body wasn't more babydoll-esque like the resin DearSD, actually.

aurelia

This body is so cute! I’ll probably get one. I love the chubby look. 

Selenae

@foo Yeah, that's one of my favorite pictures from the blog! The cuteness, my heart can't take it. 🥰

BottleStar

Can't wait to see one of these in person someday! 🥰 I think I might end up getting one!

Shailara

I'm very excited personally! Can't wait for more photos and I will definitely buy one in the future!

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

AyaToyBox

They looks great plump design reminds me with imomo or puyoo but not as "hardcore"

nettle_tea

They are so cute! I can't handle the cute!! Aaah, but I already bought two MDD's this year, with 2B arriving soon... I hope these get a standard release later down the road, because I don't think now is a good time for me to bring another girl home.

Of course that's easy to say now, before the store page is up... 👀

Blueberrie

Ohh, I really like these... they're so cute!
I've been eyeing MDDs for a bit now, but these really appeal to me! I'll have to wait and see what heads and such are released.

I really like the face on the one in the blue Alice dress. That face in tan would be perfect! :3

Edited by Blueberrie

Selenae

I wonder exactly how much shorter this Mochi-Ashi line is compared to an MDD. I have plans for a custom semi-white DDH10 down the road, so I'm curious to see if I'll be able to get the MDD to pass as a teen next to the grey-eyed Mochi-Ashi girl.

lardroom

Oh. Always nice to have different body types. This one isn't for me, though, but it'll be great to see what Volks and others do in terms of clothes and creativity.

BeyondTime
33 minutes ago, Selenae said:

I wonder exactly how much shorter this Mochi-Ashi line is compared to an MDD. I have plans for a custom semi-white DDH10 down the road, so I'm curious to see if I'll be able to get the MDD to pass as a teen next to the grey-eyed Mochi-Ashi girl.

This page has the specs on all the dolls. Hopefully it will get updated in a few weeks with the details on the new body.

https://www.dollfiedream.tokyo/dd_en/item/basebody/

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

rensuchan

I'm a huge MDD person in general, so I'm excited for the news.... I'm not sure if it fits any of my current girls though - maybe the "youngest" one.

I think it may be a direct response to Puyoodoll Kumako-chan. Kumako-chan seems to be doing really well among the Japanese audience and it's possible Volks wanted to make a direct response.

No complaints here - more choice is good, and in general if it becomes a standard body, it should be easier to get than Kumako is.

I'll be patiently waiting and following for more info!

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll

satsukikyo

Actually I just bought this head Ruby from Imomodoll same as picture below but I'm not sure if its considered plagarism because their face feature look similar..

Leg part guess will look like PuyoDoll an Imomodoll

*this picture not mine*
102261491_10215966446979976_435715466169

LOVE

This is too cute! Definitely keeping an eye on MDD Mochi Ashi. I wonder how soon VOLKS USA will get them and if there'll be a price difference from the standard MDD body.

SakuraRose
7 hours ago, satsukikyo said:

Actually I just bought this head Ruby from Imomodoll same as picture below but I'm not sure if its considered plagarism because their face feature look similar..

Leg part guess will look like PuyoDoll an Imomodoll

*this picture not mine*
102261491_10215966446979976_435715466169

I see that they're different in the eye shape, and the chin on the MDD is pointier with a more square jawline. I get that they're pretty similar though but imo different enough to not be considered plagarism. Plus there is a general "formula" to cuteness - baby-like features are most likely to be considered cute to people. This is apparently called "Kindchenschem" and ofc I don't think it's 100% absolute truth because each person has their own taste in...cuteness lol. At least, that's my line of reasoning on why these heads would, possibly unintentionally, look similar. 

Back to the main topic, I kind of wish the arms were chubby too, but I guess that would cause more issues with sleeves fitting. I'm interested to see if the new tummy and overall torso is chubbier, I might consider upgrading if that is the case. 

bulgogi017

I’ve grown fond of MDDs over time, so I have been eyeing one. These bodies are so cute~! Really excited for this release!

Nyx Whitestar
13 hours ago, SakuraRose said:

I'm interested to see if the new tummy and overall torso is chubbier, I might consider upgrading if that is the case. 

From what is stated on the video, "Super-cute legs, curvier than the standard MDD base body" and "Arms and main body are the same size as the standard MDD", I understand that only the legs are modified, the rest of the body is the same I think.

Concerning the new head, she reminds me waaaay more of a mix between DCH17 and Arle, especially Arle (that's why she is so cute I think xD)

And the Imomodoll head reminds me more of Parabox heads, especially Sleeping Princess head, there are similarities in the round shape of the head. Imomodoll looks like a mix between a Volks and a Parabox head. I agree with @SakuraRose, those are relatively common shapes.

comparison.jpg

parabox-comparison.jpg

• Like 1

ig-log10.png ap10.png

Poofiemus

I am SO glad I haven't gotten a body for Asphodel yet, because this new body seems just right for my lil' dragon ditz. She's visually going to benefit from chunkier legs to balance out the horns, ears, and eventually tail that she's gonna have. 

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

OccultBeast

A MDD is my next choice for what to add to my collection, and I'm thrilled to see them bringing more attention to the MDD line!  I hope they sell the Mochi legs separately in the future, so we can have the choice of swapping them out if we want.  I definitely, like many others, can't wait to see the bodies side-by-side with the original MDD body.  I don't think I'll prefer the Mochi legs over the regular ones, but I still wanna see the comparison!  They're so cute! ;~;

Also, while I can understand disappointment in that the whole body is not different, it's also a great choice both for Volks and for customers, because that's less unique replacement parts needed.  And of course, tops and dresses will fit both styles of MDD, so it's less unique clothing pieces needed, too.  Bottoms will need to be figured out once we have measurements/dolls in hand, but it's a much better starting point than an entirely new doll.

Plus that one head being similar to Arle's head is SO tempting...!

Kymera

Crap.... I might have to add one I've these to my collection... I really love the more compact proportions of the DDS,  and I feel like this is kind of the MDD equivalent. 

Owned by: Kitsuko (Fox-face) - DDH-09