Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

MDD Mochi-Ashi

Selenae

@mk13 Oh my goodness gracious, thank you! I am so smitten, and these owner photos confirm it. She's perfect! Now I just need to know what number face-up 19's debut photos have and I'm good to go other than flip-flopping on flesh or semi-white. 🥰

Edit: This owner has so many photos of their 19! She's so cuuute. 😭 These in particular are killing me:

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 4

HazelMaze

I knew from the get-go I wanted a DDH-19 and all this info is sealing the deal for me!

I'm going to have to find a way to drum up the cash for these cuties- or just get myself to Japan next year lol

Edited by HazelMaze

lucidium

@Selenae @HazelMaze there's also this user on Twitter I posted earlier, they repainted their 19 head in later posts. Pretty interesting to see how versatile it is.

Edited by lucidium
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

HazelMaze

@lucidium omgosh thank you for these shots! I hope there comes even more love for the DDH-19 with more owner photos. I adore the chubby cheeks!

It's also great to see all of the different expressions that are possible.The slightly worried face up has my heart right now! Anyone else get major "Kappa" vibes from this head?

Kotone

I'm going to be getting a DCH-19 as well now when Akiba's orders open! Though the mochi-ashi body is going straight to Arle. I'll post pics when it's all together! Maybe next summer I'll get a tan one hehe.

• Like 1

Monty

According to volks news, MDD Mochiashi will be sold as a base body. It comes with the new big mdd hands MDD-H-01B(b for big). Not sure of the date, but I did see another tweet somewhere that mentioned after Dolpa, so possibly starting with the after event? (Mid September) Also not sure when the hands will be separate and if there will be more types. 

Which is good news for people who wanted it for a floating head, but bad news for anyone who just wanted the legs to swap on a MDD they already have...

I’m a little sad the mochiashi got to regular release before the boy parts but I kinda saw this coming after the announcement video, which definitely implied a new product rather than just a new ‘option’ for an existing product (ie dream choice).

Edited by Monty

Kotone

well, I guess that means it'll be relatively easy to pick a semi-white one up without waiting for the fall switch from tan to semi-white in Dream Choice! This is very good for my plans....

lucidium
11 hours ago, Monty said:

According to volks news...

This is awesome news! I think the hands will be separate as the Japanese VOLKS site has filters for different body parts, and one says MDD hands (large).

Poofiemus
On 7/13/2020 at 7:06 PM, Monty said:

According to volks news, MDD Mochiashi will be sold as a base body. It comes with the new big mdd hands MDD-H-01B(b for big). Not sure of the date, but I did see another tweet somewhere that mentioned after Dolpa, so possibly starting with the after event? (Mid September) Also not sure when the hands will be separate and if there will be more types. 

Oh thank god, I'm in the floating head camp. I'm so tired of having to decide whether I want to have Abby OR Asphodel out, I'm eager for them to coexist. 

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Courtmom

So does anyone know how to get ahold of one of these cuties? I saw that Japan Doll Direct is offering services, but the fees are so $$$ :( . Is it better just to wait?

CuteOne
15 minutes ago, Courtmom said:

So does anyone know how to get ahold of one of these cuties? I saw that Japan Doll Direct is offering services, but the fees are so $$$ :( . Is it better just to wait?

Iirc someone mentioned that they might become standard after dollpa(?) (which I believe will be sometime early autumn, the release of the mochi body as standard that is). I think it's just best to save your money and wait a couple of months instead of spending money on those extra fees at this point.

Edited by CuteOne
to add in a bit more

You know you can turn off signatures if they make you uncomfortable.

📸Instagram📸

Selenae

@Courtmom @CuteOne You'll still have to go through a proxy if you want a full Mochi-Ashi doll. Only the bodies are being released as standards, and not the heads.

CuteOne

I just assumed that @Courtmom was only talking about the mochi ashi body, not the heads sorry about that.

You know you can turn off signatures if they make you uncomfortable.

📸Instagram📸

Selenae

@CuteOne No problem! I assumed she meant the full doll, so I just wanted to clarify.

Courtmom

Oh, yeah I meant both. So the heads won't be released?

Selenae

@Courtmom None of the heads released specifically for the Dream Choice system so far have become standards (not counting DDH-01 through DDH-10 which can be bought any time), and imo it's safe to assume the heads on the Mochi-Ashi body won't, either. Volks might release new sculpts to be standards on the Mochi-Ashi body down the road like they did with Ribbon and Coron for the DDP body, though.

Edited by Selenae

watercolorpastels
On 7/15/2020 at 12:11 PM, Selenae said:

@Courtmom @CuteOne You'll still have to go through a proxy if you want a full Mochi-Ashi doll. Only the bodies are being released as standards, and not the heads.

Sorry I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but I'm considering getting a full mochi-ashi through japan doll direct, do I just dm them on instagram?

Kotone
On 7/16/2020 at 7:08 PM, watercolorpastels said:

Sorry I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but I'm considering getting a full mochi-ashi through japan doll direct, do I just dm them on instagram?

That's what I did! 

• Like 1

watercolorpastels
On 7/17/2020 at 7:13 PM, Kotone said:

That's what I did! 

Thank you ^^

I ended up getting ahold of them and they're really such nice folks. I can't afford the price outright right now but they offered layaway a little down the line.

edit: I'm going to do a #19 head and tan skin, and I'm doing elf ears too! (I'm so excited. Looking at 19s gives me heart palpitations they're so cute)

edit 2: just got a hold of jdd and the 19 head isn't compatible with the elf ears :( I'm considering the 21 now

Edited by watercolorpastels
new info part 2: electric boogaloo

Janeway

I am going through Japan Doll Direct. That are letting me do a layaway. mochi-ashi body in normal skin with #21 head and 2 pairs of small elf ears. Not sure if l will keep the head.

• Like 1

InariPassenger

I visited today DollPoint at Akihabara! Mochi Ashi are so cute ^_^

spacer.png

• Like 7