Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

MDD Mochi-Ashi

Daisy-chan

It seems the new body can fit into MSD sized shoes, not sure about SD sized shoes, though.

• Like 2

OccultBeast
7 hours ago, Selenae said:

@OccultBeast Well, they did say in the video that only the legs and feet are different, not the torso. And I actually don't mind it. I'm rather fond of the different, chubby leg sculpt.

Yeah, I just meant that actually seeing it now, since Volks hadn't shown any photos of the nude doll, makes me wish they had. As others have said, it's just a very abrupt change at the hip and might not be for everyone. The legs are still super adorable, and who knows, maybe this is a way to test if a different MDD body would be well received by customers, and in the future we could get a true MDD variant like DDS or DDDy!

Ylse

Indeed the change is quite abrupt something I was fearing a bit when they said the upper body would remain the same. Clothed you don't see it but I see some chubby customs on twitter where they did widen the hip part. Also it looks like the ankle part is a bit too wide for the feet part? Socks probably cover this up well enough. They do look very cute but I would like to see more pictures.

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, Lynn said:

And those feet are HUGE, just for the record. I think Selenae is right. SD sized shoes are probably right ones for those feet.

6 hours ago, Daisy-chan said:

It seems the new body can fit into MSD sized shoes, not sure about SD sized shoes, though.

There wasn't really any way an MDD sized doll would be using SD sized shoes. SD shoes are too long on a DD, to the point that you see a lot of toe visible on shoes that should cover the toes all the way.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Selenae

Oh man, DCH-21 seems to be a huge hit, especially with the elf ears. I hope we see more DCH-19 soon, though. I need owner pics!

Lynn

Colour me surprised! MSD shoes really do fit those feet! Volks has done some pretty awesome calculations here, to make the feet bigger but not too big so that both MDD and Mochi-Ashi can use the same shoes.

Selenae

Yup, they come in small, medium, and large. It also notes that the ears are a harder vinyl than the doll's head/body. The blog also says they're only for the DCH-21 head so far, and that heads DCH-01 through DCH-09 aren't available at the Osaka location, nor can extra hands be bought with the Mochi-Ashi body, which is odd. Looks like the blog poster chose 24mm eyes for their DCH-21, too, and...they're rather large, imo. 

Edited by Selenae

OccultBeast

That's kind of a shame that the ears only fit on DCH-21 (or do they fit -19 too? hm) but also makes sense since we saw that there was the new ear sculpt, it certainly was done to hold the option ear parts on securely.  But of course, it's only a matter of time before someone tries to retro-fit them onto other heads, too!  Hopefully it's not too impossible.  Not surprised to see they're exclusive to the Mochiashi body (for now) though; it's definitely a great way to incentivise a Mochiashi purchase.

I wonder if DCH-21 is so popular because it has a similar feel to Arle's head?

Selenae

@OccultBeast Nope, only DCH-21 according to the blog. It specifically states the ears are "NG" (no good) on DCH-19, which is the head that's similar to Arle. (Compared on page 2 of this thread.)

Edited by Selenae

Monty
39 minutes ago, Selenae said:

@OccultBeast Nope, only DCH-21 according to the blog. It specifically states the ears are "NG" (no good) on DCH-19, which is the head that's similar to Arle. (Compared on page 2 of this thread.)

But the blog doesn’t say 19 is NG, it says that the ears will not fit on all heads, and ‘although they fit on the 21 I chose, I think -other- heads are probably NG.’ I took that to mean previous existing DD heads and that can’t report on 19 because they don’t have it.

We’d know for sure if there was owner pics of 19 but... I haven’t seen anyone get 19 yet actually...? Has anyone? It seems like everyone wants tan 21 elves only lol. I’m sure once it rolls out to Akiba Doll Point (and beyond?) there will be more owners though.

edit: fwiw this thread mentions that ‘right now there’s two heads’ that can use the elf ears,

and I assume it’s 19 and 21 (unless of course it’s the mythical 20, which I’m assuming is a new DCoord that will debut at the next Dolpa.

But even so, that’s just according to that thread, and seriously there’s a lot of misinformation flying around about mochiashi (and some is likely just due to people misremembering/mishearing/misreading) so I still think it’s best to wait for the official word in Volks News because stuff is getting confusing.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 2

Devonian

It look like it's the other sculpt with the cute pouty one here:

Edited by Devonian
Figuring out how to post link.

Monty

@Devonian I'm not sure what you mean by 'other' sculpt, that's a 21. All the owner pics so far - unless I missed some - have been of 21.

I'm curious to see 19 in tan or with elf ears but I havent seen one at all, let alone tan.

edit: unless you meant the white-haired one was 20, but thats definitely not a new sculpt, or even a new doll. It's only in the photo as a comparison for the body/hands.

Edited by Monty

Selenae

@Monty I did use a 3rd party translator, so it's possible things came out differently than how Google would translate them. Anyways, I really hope 19 and 21 make it to Akihabara soon, since I am dying to see more of 19. I just spoke to my proxy, and unfortunately they can't go to the Osaka Doll Point. Much sadness, so I'll have to wait until 19 is released at Akiha anyways.

Edited by Selenae

Devonian

@Monty Ah, that makes sense. I'm still new to this and was going off a post from FB. Thanks for the clarification. Sorry.

• Like 1

OccultBeast

@Selenae It might be the faceup really that makes me feel like DCH-21 has more of that playful Arle aesthetic than DCH-19. The DC faceup 19 is shown with is more 'sad' and gives her a much different feel. 19 definitely looked a lot different in the first blog/announcement photos though; very Arle-esque! Also that blue wig makes her head look much smaller/less chubby somehow... I'd love to see more of her with other faceup options, it's a shame no one is picking her yet!

I also wish Volks would just release solid information about them already, but I can understand them holding off if they truly do only have enough stock to offer them at the Osaka location right now or are thinking of keeping them exclusively there. It's great hype for the new location, but releasing too much information could bring them more trouble too quickly, so it's sensible in the end to take their time.

Right now I just want some comparisons of the different elf ear sizes! 😖

• Like 1

Selenae

@OccultBeast Yeah, I'm really glad I didn't do a proxy run for a DCH-17, or I'd have some serious buyer's remorse right about now. DCH-19 is perfect with the first face-up where she's smiling. However, I don't think these new heads will stay only at the Osaka location, though. Or, at least, I sure hope not. Hopefully we'll know more soon.

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 1

lucidium

Pic showing how elf ears are attached.
Elf ears come in 3 sizes (S, M, L). One of them already sold out. They're supposedly compatible with 2 head sculpts, but so far I've only seen it on DCH-21. 

There's a group order going on in a Facebook group for Osaka DollPo if anyone is interested.

I think someone asked for DHC-19 head on mochi ashi body? I found this girl:

• Thanks 1

Monty

Mochiashi is coming to Akiba Dream Choice from the 18th, as part of DD Fes.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/event/ddfes/2020/

Unrelated,but the next new DD/s will also be displayed at DD fes on the 18th. It might be announced/revealed online before then though (I kinda expect it to cos Volks news should be coming up soon, but we’ll see)

• Like 1

DaemonNoyz
11 hours ago, Monty said:

Mochiashi is coming to Akiba Dream Choice from the 18th, as part of DD Fes.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/event/ddfes/2020/

Unrelated,but the next new DD/s will also be displayed at DD fes on the 18th. It might be announced/revealed online before then though (I kinda expect it to cos Volks news should be coming up soon, but we’ll see)

I'm not sure if I understand the translation properly...but will proxies be able to get the mochi ashi for someone unable to be in Japan at the time? 

Also, does anyone know of a proxy service other than Japan Doll Direct for getting ahold of a Mochi Ashi? 

Selenae

@Monty Excellent news, thanks so much for this! I am surprised that the Mochi-Ashi will debut so quickly at Akiha, but I'm not complaining at all.

@DaemonNoyz Yes, proxies will be able to get a Mochi-Ashi for someone not in Japan, provided the proxy can get to Akihabara or Osaka, because not all of them are able to. JDD is your best bet at the moment. Jproshopping on ebay no longer does in-store visits, Niya Proxy is defunct and well-known proxies like Zen Market and From Japan charge well into the thousands for in-person store visits.

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 2

DaemonNoyz
1 hour ago, Selenae said:

@Monty Excellent news, thanks so much for this! I am surprised that the Mochi-Ashi will debut so quickly at Akiha, but I'm not complaining at all.

@DaemonNoyz Yes, proxies will be able to get a Mochi-Ashi for someone not in Japan, provided the proxy can get to Akihabara or Osaka, because not all of them are able to. JDD is your best bet at the moment. Jproshopping on ebay no longer does in-store visits, Niya Proxy is defunct and well-known proxies like Zen Market and From Japan charge well into the thousands for in-person store visits.

Thanks for the reply! So if it were up to you, would you ask JDD to get one from Akihabara or Osaka? I'm not sure where they're located themselves...😅 I wonder if one location is closer to them, therefore maybe cheaper? 

lucidium
3 hours ago, Selenae said:

Niya is still operational and said they would fulfill orders once the body comes to Akiba.

Selenae

@lucidium Really, well color me surprised. I emailed them a couple months ago asking about their rates for a DC run and never got a response, nor on thier FB page. But well, whatever. Still wouldn't use them after that.