Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Selenae

TinyFox Dolls!

Monty
Posted (edited)

https://x.com/lapeonier/status/1765013234833412469?s=61&t=Yu0eGVZRpH3eaiC2l3hzGA
Oh no the cat girls are super cute…

IMG_0238.jpeg

@bloodpine I use chibi dress clothes from Volks on my tinyfox - tops and dresses are fine (the sleeves are sometimes a little long, but this is because tiny fox have weirdly short arms, (ironically the old bodies had weirdly long arms so I guess they overcorrected it), but shorts have been hit and miss. I only have a few chibi dress outfits and some of the shorts are -extremely- tight! (However…the actual tinyfox shorts Nomi came with are also extremely tight??? As in so tight the button won’t do up properly if he tucks his shirt in and has the body stocking on at the same time…) 

This is my custom c08 boy wearing the top half of two separate chibi dress outfits and Nomi’s shorts. His hands get swallowed a bit by the large frills on the sleeves. Tiny fox also have smaller shoulders, which can affect how the outfit sits, although it’s not a big deal.

IMG_8694.jpeg.b6a5a74fcebb689fed09a74b00a1dcf1.jpeg
This one was a tight squeeze but still fit (the dark blue did give him a small stain though) but you’ll notice how the narrower upper torso makes the top part of the outfit look a look baggier/not ‘filled out’ like it would on a Volks YoSDs.

IMG_0240.jpeg.182b8b941ca48be94fc116f22fe0defe.jpeg

What concerns me about the shorts tightness is the higher staining risk more than whether they fit or not, tbh.
For dresses, especially short sleeve ones, I doubt you’ll have any issue.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 5

bloodpine
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Monty said:

@bloodpine I use chibi dress clothes from Volks on my tinyfox - tops and dresses are fine (the sleeves are sometimes a little long, but this is because tiny fox have weirdly short arms, (ironically the old bodies had weirdly long arms so I guess they overcorrected it), but shorts have been hit and miss. I only have a few chibi dress outfits and some of the shorts are -extremely- tight! (However…the actual tinyfox shorts Nomi came with are also extremely tight??? As in so tight the button won’t do up properly if he tucks his shirt in and has the body stocking on at the same time…) 

This is my custom c08 boy wearing the top half of two separate chibi dress outfits and Nomi’s shorts. His hands get swallowed a bit by the large frills on the sleeves. Tiny fox also have smaller shoulders, which can affect how the outfit sits, although it’s not a big deal.

IMG_8694.jpeg.b6a5a74fcebb689fed09a74b00a1dcf1.jpeg
This one was a tight squeeze but still fit (the dark blue did give him a small stain though) but you’ll notice how the narrower upper torso makes the top part of the outfit look a look baggier/not ‘filled out’ like it would on a Volks YoSDs.

IMG_0240.jpeg.182b8b941ca48be94fc116f22fe0defe.jpeg

What concerns me about the shorts tightness is the higher staining risk more than whether they fit or not, tbh.
For dresses, especially short sleeve ones, I doubt you’ll have any issue.

@Monty -- Thanks so much for the wonderfully detailed reply, I really appreciate it! ;w;/

Your custom boy is so cute...!! The pictures help me understand the fit of these clothes on a Tinyfox a lot better. Hmmm, so it seems like dresses and tops are fine, but bottoms might be risky due to the wider hips on Tinyfoxes?

I've seen people dress up their 1/6 Tinyfoxes in Volks clothes like these and they seem fine (it is a skirt/dress after all), so that checks out. I imagine underclothes like these might be on the riskier side though? If they even fit at all? 🤔

Do you feel like the anti-staining bodysock helps in general, or should I still avoid dark clothes for her?

Edited by bloodpine
Shortening the message to avoid redundancy/repetition on the page due to quoting.

Monty
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bloodpine said:

I imagine underclothes like these might be on the riskier side though? If they even fit at all? 

🤔

Do you feel like the anti-staining bodysock helps in general, or should I still avoid dark clothes for her?

I think if the underwear have elastic they’re probably fine, they will just stretch a little more than they’re meant to.

I use the body stocking on this boy (it’s not in the photos though) because of the dark shorts in particular after they badly stained Nomi (luckily only around his crotch which isn’t going to be on display anyway) and I think it looks fine - I thought the seams looked a bit bulky before I put it on but it looks fine on, and since he wears long sleeves and the neckline of his tops is high, it’s only visible between his shorts and socks and it doesn’t wrinkle too badly. (I’m not a fan of how bodysuits look on dolls so I’m picky about this kind of thing). As for how much it helps I assume it’s definitely better than nothing (he hasn’t stained yet anyway), but I wouldn’t bother using it if it wasn’t for the dark shorts.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

Monty
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Do we know yet if these are 1/4 or 1/6 scale? If the latter, I might be in trouble…

I dont remember if it was confirmed yet but they look 1/6 in the photo, and those seem like the 1/6 hands. (Plus the announcement illustration had the fox girl in the background) It’s a bit confusing because they mention showing the new 1/4 body at Idoll this weekend too, but that was implied to be separate from these two. (Or maybe the new 1/4 body looks like the 1/6 but bigger lol)

It also mentions other ‘surprise’ info? 🤔 guess we find out this weekend.

Edited by Monty

ragnamuffin
42 minutes ago, Monty said:

I dont remember if it was confirmed yet but they look 1/6 in the photo, and those seem like the 1/6 hands.

Oh dear… 😰

• Haha 1

Courtmom
20 hours ago, bloodpine said:

Thanks for the clothing tips, everyone! It's super helpful. I had no idea even Barbie clothes fit!

Two more questions, if anyone can help:

1. Do "chibi" clothes from the official Volks store fit Tinyfox dolls? Stuff like this. I ask because I've seen Tinyfox owners on Japanese Twitter dress up their dolls in this exact costume! It does say YoSD in the description -- if I see that, is it generally a safe bet that it'll fit on a 1/6 Tinyfox?

2. How worried should I be about stains? I have the little flesh-colored bodysuit, but are dark-colored clothes a straight up no-no even if she's wearing that underneath? Or is it fine as long as she has it on? I've heard Tinyfoxes are notoriously easily stained, so I just want to be safe!

1. Yes! :D

2. YES. Body suit needs to essentially be skin. 

• Like 2

hihihellokitty
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, bloodpine said:

Thanks for the clothing tips, everyone! It's super helpful. I had no idea even Barbie clothes fit!

Two more questions, if anyone can help:

1. Do "chibi" clothes from the official Volks store fit Tinyfox dolls? Stuff like this. I ask because I've seen Tinyfox owners on Japanese Twitter dress up their dolls in this exact costume! It does say YoSD in the description -- if I see that, is it generally a safe bet that it'll fit on a 1/6 Tinyfox?

2. How worried should I be about stains? I have the little flesh-colored bodysuit, but are dark-colored clothes a straight up no-no even if she's wearing that underneath? Or is it fine as long as she has it on? I've heard Tinyfoxes are notoriously easily stained, so I just want to be safe!

Hi ^^

To answer 1. Yes, "chibi" is the same as yosd size. I have a Volks yosd ducky costume that fits my Tinyfox perfectly:)

Edited by hihihellokitty
Typo
  • Like 1

Veravey
Posted (edited)

They finally posted about the cat girls. I had a feeling they would be 1/6 since Little Fox was in the background of the original illustration. Glad my wallet is safe since I'm refusing to get into 1/6s.

(Deleted the photo, just saw @Monty posted it above ymwhisle)

Edited by Veravey
removed photo
  • Haha 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, Veravey said:

Glad my wallet is safe since I'm refusing to get into 1/6s.

Come to the dark side… You know you want to… 😈 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Monty
Posted (edited)

Their page is up on Lapeonier with lots more photos. Seems their names are just Shironeko and Kuroneko (white cat/black cat)

https://lapeonier.shop/items/65e587d36891190033c4372d

https://lapeonier.shop/items/65e587fcf0358e021b46aa5d

They’re 1/6 but that’s not all…. 🎉they come with the shoes🎉

IMG_9130.jpeg.b341490da85ee96baa804525c4592540.jpeg

IMG_9131.jpeg.166e1b68c9d5a64b53c9b783ee2ccc18.jpegAnd they’re real cute ones too with paw prints underneath.
There’s a big Limited sticker on the listing though - are they exclusive to La Peonier? I know they’re a special collab with a JP artist (TekitoMidori) and the listing name says they’re a LaPeonier collab, so I wonder if they will be available elsewhere?

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

bloodpine

Hmm, Shiro and Kuro are both up on Jane's Doll Land, so I guess that's one way to get them? Either way, they're way cute.

Kind of fighting an urge to reserve one of them... Debby is my first 1/6 (finally opened her today!) and I wasn't planning on getting any more so soon, but she does look kinda lonely on my shelf all by her lonesome 👀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

ragnamuffin
Posted (edited)

Does anyone have 16mm WDS (White Dolly Story) eyes, and if so, do they fit into the 1/6 TinyFox eye sockets?

Edited by ragnamuffin
Clarified size of doll

Monty

New Clover Singing has them too, for slightly less than JDL.
Seems like they’re actually cheapest on LaPeonier, although not by much.

ragnamuffin

So I went to I-Doll today and saw the cat girls in person. I was so impressed that I’ve decided to get both of them after all. The white one doesn’t look too hot in the promo pics, but irl she’s adorable.

Here are some pics I took:

IMG_9515

IMG_9516

IMG_9517

IMG_9522

IMG_9523

Here’s the new 1/4 body:

IMG_9518

• Like 8

Cazzie_Bliss

I want the kuroneko SO MUCH!!!! I've never figured out how/where to buy Tinyfox though :( 

• Like 1

1201080411_Signature4.png.d6bd2feda415abca0856a7c2e72df054.png                                                                                                     

Veravey
4 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Here’s the new 1/4 body.

I'm very excited for the new body!! It finally looks more mature and older.

• Like 1

Giragira

Gosh they're so cute. Kuroneko is so pretty...I have to resist! 

• Like 1

RozenGermain

Oh god I might get a Lynette for Lyney in the end...... Those cats are too cute man!

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
7 hours ago, Cazzie_Bliss said:

I want the kuroneko SO MUCH!!!! I've never figured out how/where to buy Tinyfox though :( 

I think since you’re in the UK, New Clover Singing is probably your best bet?

3 hours ago, Veravey said:

I'm very excited for the new body!! It finally looks more mature and older.

I wasn’t sure how many people were interested so I didn’t post the other pics I took, but here they are:

IMG_9519

IMG_9520

IMG_9521

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Astraea

Oh wow, is the new body strung instead of having mechanical joints? It looks like there are s-hooks in the ankles. That's interesting, it looks pretty

Veravey
34 minutes ago, Astraea said:

Oh wow, is the new body strung instead of having mechanical joints? It looks like there are s-hooks in the ankles.

I was wondering this, too. I tried translating the sign but it didn't give any clues.

@ragnamuffin was the body plastic still, or was it resin? And if it was plastic, but strung (which is possible, but then they wouldn't call this a MJD doll anymore), did it still have the soft coating like the original 1/4? 

bloodpine

Question for anyone who travels around with their dolls or takes them places -- does anyone have recommendations for carrying cases or bags that fit Tinyfoxes? I see Denver Doll Emporium has a nice looking YoSD bag listed on their site, but I'm wondering what else might work!

SonataAvalon
27 minutes ago, bloodpine said:

Question for anyone who travels around with their dolls or takes them places -- does anyone have recommendations for carrying cases or bags that fit Tinyfoxes? I see Denver Doll Emporium has a nice looking YoSD bag listed on their site, but I'm wondering what else might work!

Don't travel much, but saw your post and wanted to help.

There are ones on AliExpress for $31-$15 that would fit such. Look at bags or containers in the 70cm for dolls.

back to lurk me go 

one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Forums banned from year wise: GamePress FateGrand Order: 1,000 years. I'm a bit impulsive and do not mean what I say, so if I go off-topic please note I do have ADHD and Autism. I'm most likely younger than you btw.
Thank's for reading!