Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Selenae

TinyFox Dolls!

ragnamuffin
4 hours ago, Veravey said:

@ragnamuffin was the body plastic still, or was it resin? And if it was plastic, but strung (which is possible, but then they wouldn't call this a MJD doll anymore), did it still have the soft coating like the original 1/4?

I’m not sure, I didn’t ask about it and the sign only says that it’s still getting some final touch-ups and the model is a 3D printed sample.

• Like 1

RozenGermain

The body on display is probably a prototype in that regard. Likely a test to see the way the sculpt will look in real life before making it in vinyl. The body kinda reminds me of a Minifee body, considering it resembles a mature/slim MSD.... I remember someone wanting something like this in vinyl they'll enjoy this!

• Thanks 1

Manaphyyy
On 3/11/2024 at 3:43 PM, bloodpine said:

Question for anyone who travels around with their dolls or takes them places -- does anyone have recommendations for carrying cases or bags that fit Tinyfoxes? I see Denver Doll Emporium has a nice looking YoSD bag listed on their site, but I'm wondering what else might work!

For YoSDs, you can even get a big makeup/toiletry bag for them and they usually fit quite well. The main bag I use for my Yo sized dolls is a nondescript gray rectangular makeup bag, but you can also get fancier looking ones with handles and stuff. They're usually a little cheaper than things specifically marketed as doll bags, too, which is nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Riesz

I thought I was done with collecting Tinyfox but I preordered both kitties 😳 They know my weak spots

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

honooko
On 3/12/2024 at 9:19 AM, ragnamuffin said:

I’m not sure, I didn’t ask about it and the sign only says that it’s still getting some final touch-ups and the model is a 3D printed sample.

I asked if I could touch one because I wanted to know what the soft touch actually felt like, and the booth staffer told me no, but also that the new releases would be made of a different material anyway, so I think they're trying to stop using the soft touch coating overall.

• Thanks 3

ragnamuffin
Posted (edited)
On 2/4/2022 at 8:02 AM, Riesz said:

Here's a quick comparison of some dolls you asked about. I misremembered Kiki being thicker than she is and she's actually slimmer than TinyFox so the Azone 1/6 scale clothing most likely won't fit the TinyFox 1/6 scale body.

Since this post was about the old TinyFox body, do you (or anyone else) know if the new angel body fits Kikipop clothing and shoes?

Edited by ragnamuffin

ragnamuffin
Posted (edited)

Sorry for the double post, but I can now answer my question above. I picked up Cherry today and had her try on some Kikipop/Kinoko Planet clothes I had lying around. For anyone interested, the conclusion is: it’s a mixed bag.

Azone themselves actually addressed this last month on Twitter here, and the short of it is that tops are tight and often don’t fit, pants won’t fit over the hips but skirts and dresses will, and socks and shoes fit perfectly, which tracks with a lot of my own observations.

(Forgive me for the bald, naked and eyeless doll, but her new wig and eyes are coming next week and I couldn’t wait to try this stuff on!)

So without further ado…

IMG_9706

First is the Machibuse Night Set, which I was super excited about because it’s all white and won’t stain, and thankfully it fits perfectly.

IMG_9707

Next is the Hatsukoi Otome Sailor One-piece Set. I had an inkling this would fit because some people on Twitter uploaded photos of their TinyFox dolls in the purple version of this outfit. In their pics, it looked like the arms were too long for the sleeves, but I’m happy to report that the sleeves do in fact cover the whole arm if you pull them down a little.

The dress itself is a bit too short, which you can hide by keeping the doll in a sitting position, but if you plan to have it standing then you might want to put some drawers or something on underneath.

The leg warmers and shoes fit perfectly. They slip right on and off without any struggle. (I’m super happy about this because I originally bought all these clothes for my Pureneemos and these socks and shoes went unused for obvious reasons.)

IMG_9708 IMG_9709

Unfortunately the Shuwa Shuwa Squash One-piece doesn’t really fit. I really love this outfit and it looks alright from the front, but it doesn’t close at the back. Also, the straps were hard to get over and onto the shoulders. It felt like they were going to snap at any moment.

IMG_9713

Here is the Hug Me! Rosette One-piece Set, which I was nervous about because of the black, but Azone clothing has a pretty good track record of not staining so I went for it. Sadly, the sleeves are too small and don’t fit over the elbows. I might try again after her bodysuit arrives, but it seemed like more trouble than it was worth.

IMG_9710

The socks from the above set fit perfectly and pair nicely with the enamel black Ballet Shoes.

IMG_9712 IMG_9711

Lastly are the Mizutama Stockings in pink and mint green. I wondered if they might be too small to fit her thick calves and thighs, but they do in fact go up the leg as intended.

Sadly, Kikipop clothing is becoming harder and harder to find. It was rare to see secondhand at the best of times, but even Azone’s own online store has been cleared out of stock. Inside Japan, your best bet is the physical Azone Labelshops, but the selection keeps getting smaller and smaller, and many items are on clearance nowadays. I wondered if they were slowly phasing out the Kikipop line, but a new fullset was just released, so idk what’s going on…

For anyone outside of Japan who wants to buy some Kikipop clothing, Kinoko Juice has an Etsy shop where they stock these clothes from time to time.

Edited by ragnamuffin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Bad_Luck

Thanks for the photos @ragnamuffin! It's good to know there are some good 1/6 scale options, especially for shoes, as most Tinyfoxes don't come with them. I'm tempted to try some for my 1/6 Aimerai doll. I've been struggling to find shoes for his little feet.

I'm currently waiting on my first Tinyfox. I was going to get one of the 1/6 options because I like their portable size, but Fluffy stole my heart! I ordered her in January from Jane's Dolland, and I'm not what the time between pre-orders and shipping is on these dolls, but I'm guessing I won't see her til the summer at the earliest.

• Like 2

Veravey
On 3/30/2024 at 7:25 AM, ragnamuffin said:

I picked up Cherry today and had her try on some Kikipop/Kinoko Planet clothes I had lying around.

Congrats on your new girl, and thanks for sharing~ <3

I always appreciate photos of testing and fittings and so on in this forum.

• Like 2

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

seaslugs

I placed an order for Fluffy too, she'll be my first TinyFox. I really love the look of the chunky daikon legs, so I knew I was going to get a Macoco eventually 😅 And she's super cute.

I was looking all around for a stain suit for her, but it seems like they don't make them for Macoco bodies? From what I could find anyway. Her outfit is mostly light colors so she's less likely to stain at least.

I was worried because I knew the soft coating was really delicate and hard (impossible?) to stain treat, but it also sounds like they did away with the coating on the Macocos? Did I get that right too? 😅

• Like 2

ragnamuffin

Got a few more Kikipop outfits and tried them on my 1/6 size Cherry. This time she has eyes and hair so it’s not as much of a horror show 😅

IMG_9771

The top is the same one in the Azone tweet I linked to (Ribbon Frill Blouse in white). It is indeed quite tight and the sleeves barely fit over the arms, but it does close at the back. That said, this top definitely looks better on a fashion doll like a Pureneemo.

The skirt is also the same one in the tweet above (Little Pocket Skirt in light blue check), so I already figured it would fit, and it does, although maybe because of the hips it looks shorter than it should.

The socks are the same ones from the Rosette One-piece Set in my last post, but the shoes are black Low Cut Sneakers that were 50% off at the Azone Labelshop. Hilariously, the tweet calls Kikipop shoes a “Cinderella fit” for TinyFox, and I can’t disagree. It’s kind of amazing how well they fit.

IMG_9835

The skirt is the same one as above, but the top is the Kikipop! x Namiki Tsuyuri T-shirt One-piece. I think it’s meant to be a long shirt/dress and it does just barely cover her nether bits, but for modesty’s sake, I kept the skirt on underneath.

The socks are from the Mitsu-ori Sock Set. The set comes with three pairs of socks in white, black and navy, and they fit perfectly as expected. The shoes are the Strap Shoes in black. Unfortunately these were sold out at both the Azone Labelshops in Akihabara and Ikebukuro, so I had to buy them from Dollce, where they were not on sale.

IMG_9774 IMG_9773

Last are the Kinoko Planet x Peropero Sparkles Pop’n One-piece in light blue x pink and pink x yellow. These dresses were a bit finicky—the pink x yellow one fit just fine, but I had trouble closing the light blue x pink one and the stitching on it is a bit asymmetrical. I’m actually a bit disappointed considering how expensive these particular dresses were…

Anyhow, I think most of these items are available in the Kinoko Juice Etsy store, for anyone curious.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

bloodpine
Posted (edited)

Question about staining and Tinyfoxes... is it safe to take off the anti-staining bodysuit if I were to dress up a doll in an outfit like this? Just trying to be extra careful!

EDIT for clarification... I have this outfit on-hand irl, and the insides of the shoes and clothes are white!

Edited by bloodpine

MoiBakaDesu
7 hours ago, bloodpine said:

Question about staining and Tinyfoxes... is it safe to take off the anti-staining bodysuit if I were to dress up a doll in an outfit like this? Just trying to be extra careful!

EDIT for clarification... I have this outfit on-hand irl, and the insides of the shoes and clothes are white!

I think that should be pretty safe without a bodysuit. If you want to be extra sure just make sure that the hands don't touch any of the red parts, I would say.

• Thanks 1

Veravey
23 hours ago, bloodpine said:

At a glance, you should be fine if it's lined however you never truly know. It depends on how every little component in the outfit was dyed and made and what plastic your doll is made of; this applies for every kind of BJD and doll, not just TF.

What I mean by this is I've had small stains occur from the thread in an outfit. The sweater was white but used navy coloured thread and it left a tiny mark on her wrist (this was on a TF doll in this case).

Whether or not a material will stain comes down to how it was made. Some materials are synthetic and made in a particular colour from the begining, and not dyed. These should not stain. The tricky part is we don't usually get all of these details when purchasing materials. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

bloodpine
15 hours ago, Veravey said:

At a glance, you should be fine if it's lined however you never truly know. It depends on how every little component in the outfit was dyed and made and what plastic your doll is made of; this applies for every kind of BJD and doll, not just TF.

What I mean by this is I've had small stains occur from the thread in an outfit. The sweater was white but used navy coloured thread and it left a tiny mark on her wrist (this was on a TF doll in this case).

Whether or not a material will stain comes down to how it was made. Some materials are synthetic and made in a particular colour from the begining, and not dyed. These should not stain. The tricky part is we don't usually get all of these details when purchasing materials. 

That is helpful, thanks! I suppose the rule of thumb is to just be as careful as possible with anything that could have been dyed. Shucks. Ideally I would just keep the bodysuit on at all times but it just doesn't look great with certain outfits (particularly anything that exposes the wrists or neckline, imo).

• Like 1

ragnamuffin

Does anyone know if the TinyFox heel feet fit MDD and/or DD? If anyone can provide pics, that would be much appreciated.

Edited by ragnamuffin