Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Anna-neko

Touhos re-release : Reimu & Marisa MDD-mochiashi

Anna-neko

With Gudako/Mashu gettin ready to ship out, looks like Volks is getting ready for the next annual Pre-Order

i hope my brain isn't confusing logo kanji.... I wonder which girl/on what body we'll be getting!!

EDIT: yaaaas, Tohous are coming!

Volks has the official page up now - https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/touhou-project/2020/

Edited by Chise

toughstermcg

Google translate for the tweet is unclear, but I think this might be this year's pre-orders? I haven't checked in on Touhou games and characters in years and years, but I'm psyched to see what it might be.

RainbowNanaki

One of the tags used is showing a bunch of Touhou art/cosplay/etc, so.....It very well could be!!

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

BeyondTime
13 minutes ago, toughstermcg said:

Google translate for the tweet is unclear, but I think this might be this year's pre-orders? I haven't checked in on Touhou games and characters in years and years, but I'm psyched to see what it might be.

It's the pre-order project. I think the text is saying planning began on May 9th 2020.

We can expect details in the upcoming Volks News, which should be out by Sept 30th.

6 minutes ago, RainbowNanaki said:

One of the tags used is showing a bunch of Touhou art/cosplay/etc, so.....It very well could be!!

It looks like it's the 25th anniversary of the Touhou Project. And it looks like lots of opportunities for MDD or MDD Mochi Ashi pre-order doll(s).

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

The May is a translation error, it says they’re revealing them ‘late september’ which is when Volks News is out. So probably they’ll drop a teaser next Friday (25th), with Volks News releasing the following Monday(28th). And it is indeed the preorder for this year.

Im hoping for Flandre and Remilia - I always thought it weird they’d never done them and they’re the only ones I can think of that would be popular enough. But i could be wrong as I haven’t had much to do with Touhou for a long time and someone who is much more into it might have a better prediction.

...I hope it’s Flan because I always told myself it’d get her if they ever did one.  

Edited by Monty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

BeyondTime
7 minutes ago, Monty said:

Flandre and Remilia

For all those folks who wanted to see more MDD Limited releases, I hope you’re right. 

Thanks for the translation correction. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

AyaToyBox

while this really interesting I simply hope they not just simply make Reimu and Marisa ver 2 ... any other characters will do

Victoria

I'd like Patchouli *-*

• Like 2

finnleo

Tan baka. 09th and all..

• Like 1

Monty
1 hour ago, AyaToyBox said:

while this really interesting I simply hope they not just simply make Reimu and Marisa ver 2 ... any other characters will do

This is my main worry, just f3 versions of those two, maybe with updated faceups. It would make sense from an anniversary perspective but would feel...boring, especially because it’s been so long since there was a new character in the Touhou DD line. 

That said I’d still be tempted by a tan summer Cirno. Or Chen, but she feels less likely to me. 

finnleo
53 minutes ago, Monty said:

That said I’d still be tempted by a tan summer Cirno

Let me add to the unlikelyness... Tan baka ... with plump legs ... and a watermelon popsicle...

• Haha 1

Beani

I’m pretty excited to see who was picked cause these girls all have fantastic designs and there are some definite holes in character sets they have released so far. 

Unfortunately for me my favorite is Sakuya and I didn’t like her doll rendition.

If they do do rereleases it would be great for Touhouvania versions to shake it up a bit. But I’d much prefer new characters even if the older ones are hit and miss on the face ups. 

Edited by Beani

Ylse

If they do Chen or Suika, I will be in trouble haha 😂 But yes I would also like to see more characters other than Reimu and Marisa. 

I also wonder if they will use the mochi-ashi body for it if it turns out to be a MDD 🤔

merry-go-round
9 hours ago, Monty said:

Im hoping for Flandre and Remilia - 

I m so sure about this pre order. This two going to be a dollfie dream. It s sure with the incoming new mdd body it s so obvious it going to be her. 

She is the most popular character of touhou 

At home : Hanae (DDS Chihaya)

mayaiincho

Exciting. The last touhou one was, lame... Patchouli would be awesome. 

• Like 1

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

This is awesome. I'm so glad the next preorder project is from something I've been a fan of for a while. Hoping it's one of the classic characters but not a revamp. Yukari please? But Flandre would be so cool too. I'd love to see how they pull off her wings.

edit- I just realized Satori and Koishi could very well be the pair and I would be SO ok with that. 

Edited by Guest

kranberrijam
18 hours ago, Monty said:

Im hoping for Flandre and Remilia - I always thought it weird they’d never done them and they’re the only ones I can think of that would be popular enough.

...I hope it’s Flan because I always told myself it’d get her if they ever did one.  

If it's Flan, I will cry. I love her design but no way can I make any more doll purchases until at least next year. I had to sell most of my collection of her years ago, but I still have my cosplay. Her and Remilia would be great choices, but with so many characters I can't even begin to guess who it could be.

Edited by kranberrijam

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

Monty
1 hour ago, kranberrijam said:

but no way can I make any more doll purchases until at least next year.

-taps temple- doesn’t count as a doll purchase this year if you don’t pay the balance until next year.
I’m in the same situation which is why I’m glad this is the PO project but I’m only really in trouble if I end up wanting the upcoming winter/spring/summer DD releases before she would ship (if it is Flan or anyone else cute enough to tempt me and they look good enough. The whole Touhou line is extremely hit and miss to me in terms of how much I like the look of the dolls after all so even if it is a character I like, whether I end up wanting the doll is another question)

kranberrijam
6 hours ago, Monty said:

-taps temple- doesn’t count as a doll purchase this year if you don’t pay the balance until next year.

Do not use that logic on me, lol!

Venus was already a surprise, and I'm worried that they might announce Chibimoon randomly as well, so even if it Flandre and she's perfect AF, I'll have to pass. But if it is her, I'll be drooling like mad over anyone who can get her.

Edited by kranberrijam

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

ramcoy

i really hope its cirno new version

knc

Alice please

but really I'd be happy to see anyone but Mokou

• Like 1

Cinnamoron

It looks like it might be MDD Marisa and Reimu (from Twitter)   

I think they are on the Mochi Ashi body?? (My translation skills are rough...maybe someone can correct me?)

Edited by Cinnamoron
  • Thanks 2

finnleo

Well, at least I got the plump legs right in my revision ...

But it isnt that surprising that it was a re-release of these two, since originally they were a japanese market only preorder.

what is weird that they scaled them down to mdd which does... not... make a sense in my opinion, considering the grand scale of things.

• Like 1

Monty

Well...huh. That isn’t what I expected at all. I’m glad it’s still a new MDD release, and technically new doll also release given that they’re new heads, but still...I really wanted Flan. But the fact that there’s new Touhou dolls at all means my hope for Flan happening isn’t entirely dead. Their bodies do look more like the way ZUN draws them, anyway, and those heads look pretty cute. Looking forward to closeups.

...I’m also surprised the Dollybird magazine leaked them, I don’t know if that’s happened before. 

Edited by Monty

toughstermcg

you could perhaps say that Marisa stole the precious thing (my heart)

she's so cute I can't handle it

• Haha 1