Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Anna-neko

Touhos re-release : Reimu & Marisa MDD-mochiashi

Monty
23 minutes ago, Ylse said:

Hmmm. They look cute-ish but not entirely sure about what they were trying with the mouth. That's the part I don't really like.

Haven't read the whole page yet but maybe it says when they will be displayed at dollpoint and such? Since often Volks pictures don't do dolls justice I am still curious about pictures when they are displayed.

I think they will probably be shown at DD Gathering on the 10th of October (which is also apparently when all the new clothes and DDH22 will be on sale). I’m looking forward to those photos too.

I had a similar thought about Marisa’s mouth as I can’t actually...figure it out? I don’t know if it’s the lighting or the faceup but it’s really hard to get an idea of what the sculpting actually looks like. Sometimes it looks odd to me and sometimes it looks kinda uglycute like a frog, and I like that. 

(And I had the same thought about Youmu’s absence...like they’re at her funeral.)

Edited by Monty

Poofiemus

Marisa looks kind of pouty? Which seems odd, the DDS version was so smiley. Reimu absolutely has the same vibe as her DDS version, so I have no idea why Marisa has a totally different feel.

I do think the sculpting on Marisa's mouth is very skilled, but I'm just not clicking with it. Probably because between Fate, Homura, and Asphodel I have like, three different kinds of pouty expression in my crew already, and so I'm more in the market for a smiley doll now.  

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Gabihime

When I look at Marisa, I almost get a “hehnhehnhehn” plotting vibe from it.  It would be great with more angled eyebrows I think.  Her mouth is slightly open, so I get the kissy vibes.

toughstermcg

Looove Marisa's mouth, definitely getting her. Reimu is cute too but her outfit and faceup aren't as much my style.

Marisa is... interesting? I don't really know what I think about her, but I'm eager to see some more photos. 

foo

Marisa might be ok. it's rare for Volks to do a blatant sculpt profile in product pics but they made one for her, I'm guessing to show her mouth's sculpt, and it looks cute from this angle,

mdl_MDDMarisa_p10.jpg.669be513ce9029bbefd50da729dd87cc.jpg

I'm also getting a strong PECO vibe from her (from New Game!),

peco.jpg.8b0f6c3ce01818f4af289d3b622f3f9d.jpg

• Like 1

Anna-neko

ha ha, now that they are Mochi-Ashi 'kids', no more sake drinking set!

bbotss

The reservation deposit is now 50%?

Monty
11 minutes ago, bbotss said:

The reservation deposit is now 50%?

Ooh wow, I saw a tweet earlier saying the down payment was higher now but didn't think it had gone that high. Maybe there were a lot of flakey people with Guda and Mash. It could also be COVID related, and they need buyers to be extra sure they intend to pay.
I definitely get it, but it will sting for people who rely on the long wait to save up - that's the only reason I was able to afford 9S at that time.

Ylse

Oof, that's quite the raise. For Mash I found it perfect since I could monthly put money aside for her and the two outfits plus maybe extra clothes (and stand etc). 

Wonder if it will make people more hesitant to go for the pre-order.

bbotss

I hope it's just because they're MDD-sized, for DD fullsets the deposit would be painful, especially if you want both dolls.

sinclair

I don't like either of their mouths, so that combined with the body, my wallet is safe.  Yaya will be glad there won't be any more competition coming.

Jezrah

Personally I think Marisa has potential, but I might need to mod her a bit for my own taste. I looooove both of their outfits, but neither of the sculpts are love at first sight as is, so in that case I don't want to commit to a preorder right now. (I already have an original Reimu with an artist faceup, so although the sculpt is not exactly the same I wasn't really looking to obtain her mini version.) Maybe I'll try to pick up the outfits once they're out, and I'd have to really think about whether I need to obtain Marisa as a whole. If her mouth were just shaped like her original release, I would have been all over ordering her in advance. There will be some time to think it over before the preorder closes.

Edited by Jezrah
  • Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

BeyondTime
On 10/2/2020 at 2:34 AM, Monty said:

Ooh wow, I saw a tweet earlier saying the down payment was higher now but didn't think it had gone that high.

One nice thing about the $250 down and full prepay on the outfits through Volks USA is that I only need to come up with about $800 to pay off both of them. That worked out really well with Anna & Elsa being announced. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

mayaiincho

Skipping Marisa sadly, not interested in MDD. Kinda need to get 2B sold as soon as I'm not lazy to create an advert, strangely I was never able to get attached to her. I'll use her to pay for the Mash 😛

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

hanasori

I actually really like Marisa's mouth. Her original DDS form had a more cat mouth whereas this version the lip seems to be folding into an overbite. It looks very unique and I think an repaint would bring out the charm.

Beani

Was pretty excited to welcome at least a Reimu into the extended family next year. But after seeing her in person it was decided not to go through with the preorder. Such a shame.. she looked so cute in the photos. It is not normal for Volks photos to look better than reality  

I have some photos here if people want to see more of the two: https://www.flickr.com/gp/145737472@N03/d7Ap0d

I noticed most people at the store showed zero interest in these dolls. I hope Volks has not performed a misstep with them. 

50445171172_4f0ffcd12d_c.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

Edited by Beani
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ohh, thank you for the photos @Beani

Marisa is really cute and looks better than the official Volks photos. 

35 minutes ago, Beani said:

I noticed most people at the store showed zero interest in these dolls. I hope Volks has not performed a misstep with them. 

It would be a shame if this preorder is not as popular as the others.. there are already very few limited MDDs, and it's even the first limited mochiashi release

kranberrijam

Thanks for taking photos @Beani! I think Marisa is super cute (her mouth is LOVE), but I can't. However, heaven help me if they do Flandre.... I get the feeling a lot of people will be doing custom faceups on these sculpts.

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

foo

@Beani thanks for the pics! I'm still on the fence about ordering Marisa because I've been thinking I won't really regret it if I pass her up, and I'm wondering if I'll really find the time for an 8th doll. I was waiting to see non-studio pics; they look cute and honestly I think they'll both look really cute in different outfits & wigs. Marisa looks like she'll be a cute little grump.

CuteOne

Honestly I already knew I wanted Marisa but these most recent pictures I saw on FB just nailed it for me. I'm going to try ordering her during the first week of December (curse you PS5 and Demon Souls lol).

You know you can turn off signatures if they make you uncomfortable.

📸Instagram📸

toughstermcg

Thank you @Beani! I got so caught up in my excitement I forgot we'd get to see non-promo photos at all, lol. Ordered Marisa this morning and every picture I see just gets me more excited, I might have to set up a countdown calendar or something.

foo

I went searching for images in Twitter, and I may be in more trouble than I thought (ーー')