Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Anna-neko

Touhos re-release : Reimu & Marisa MDD-mochiashi

scorps

They're so cute and I love the updated outfit designs... but a combined 12400 jpy before tax is 

Screen_Shot_2018-03-30_at_11.png

• Haha 1

Victoria

Gosh, seriously?! :< I was hoping for two totally new characters.

But the new version of Marisa looks kinda cute, so my wallet might be still in danger. 

nanika
2 hours ago, Monty said:

...I’m also surprised the Dollybird magazine leaked them, I don’t know if that’s happened before. 

Doll Show Hamamatsucho (Tokyo) was today, and Dollybird was selling early copies of their magazine.  So I'm thinking the official release date for Dollybird v.31 is after Volks' planned announcement date.  It made for an unintentional leak, and the poster of the image on Twitter said that they meant to send the image by Direct Message to someone.  Now I see that they have deleted their original tweet.

• Thanks 1

Monty
55 minutes ago, nanika said:

Doll Show Hamamatsucho (Tokyo) was today, and Dollybird was selling early copies of their magazine.  So I'm thinking the official release date for Dollybird v.31 is after Volks' planned announcement date.  It made for an unintentional leak, and the poster of the image on Twitter said that they meant to send the image by Direct Message to someone.  Now I see that they have deleted their original tweet.

Makes perfect sense, I just double checked Dollybird’s twitter cos I also could have sworn the release was meant to be later (I looked previously for a different reason, because of the cute obitsu girls on the cover) and it is indeed the 30th - 2 days after when Volks News is probably coming out. 

I wonder if Volks knew it would be sold early today..? 

Those who missed it will have to wait for the Volks reveal probably still on Friday, I’ll pretend I saw nothing........

Ylse

Welp I saw nothing so 😂 but perhaps there will still be people posting photo's of the new magazine on twitter? I am quite curious about them even though I was also hoping for new girls 😅 but with them being on the mochi-ashi body there can still be hope for other Touhou girls in the future right? 🥺😂

Edit: found a picture of them lol 🤐 I like how poofy their updated clothes are, but I am a sucker for poofy skirts 😅 Also I think they look quite good on the MDD body!

Edited by Ylse

Beani

The chatter here had me quite disappointed cause why would I want an MDD Marisa and Reimu! Why not Flan and Remi!

Then I found the image and I want them both. Will have to try and calm myself until we see more details but I really am floored by how adorable they are. 

Im guessing Volks will be having some strong words with Dollybird after this..

Edited by Beani

Tasuke

myself, i don't ask for much, merely a decent 1/6 Reimu headsculpt with a good iteration of her Miko costume

that i can transfer right over onto the superb OBITSU 26 body...

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

BeyondTime

They did release five dolls for the Sailor Moon 25th, so it’s possible there will be more releases for Touhou Project at a later time. Granted that Sailor Moon did have a specific reason for those five dolls. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

kranberrijam

They are frickin' cute, but thankfully I'm safe (for now, though I would love to have Marisa's outfit). Hopefully this does mean more Touhou dolls in the future.

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

Cazzie_Bliss

Oh no, I really like them 😮 It is a slight shame that they are just MDD versions of the girls but ~ One or both might need to come home, if it's not Japan only that is. 

Edited by Cazzie_Bliss

1201080411_Signature4.png.d6bd2feda415abca0856a7c2e72df054.png                                                                                                     

BeyondTime

Volks abbreviates Mochi Ashi as: MDD(もち)

The magazine just seems to have MDD as the model, unless the Kanji they used in brackets says Mochi Ashi.

I believe some of the text in the green bubble above them also indicates Touhou Project x DDS. Maybe someone who can read Japanese can tell us if there is a DDS we haven't seen yet?

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

magique

I don't know anything about Touhou, but who is the one in the little Miko outfit? She is so cute! I'm glad I have room in the dolly budget. 

toughstermcg
12 minutes ago, sweets said:

I don't know anything about Touhou, but who is the one in the little Miko outfit? She is so cute! I'm glad I have room in the dolly budget. 

Red outfit is Reimu, black outfit is Marisa.

• Thanks 1

Poofiemus

Hm, Marisa could be pretty cute. Question is, is she gonna be cute enough that I would choose her over the original DDS Marisa? I'm gonna need higher res for that, because I never plunged into Touhou--I'm just in it for the heads, lol.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Misuka

Those look like new head sculpts for the MDD body? The other sculpts looked older.

toughstermcg
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I believe some of the text in the green bubble above them also indicates Touhou Project x DDS. Maybe someone who can read Japanese can tell us if there is a DDS we haven't seen yet?

The line at the top says that the Touhou Project x DDS Collaboration was 10 years ago.

I 100% need Marisa's new outfit set but I need to see the faces better before I'm totally done for. I don't dislike the DDS releases' faces, but they don't grab me in a big way. I keep saying I'm finally done getting new dolls and I keep falling in love again anyway.

• Thanks 1

BottleStar
14 minutes ago, toughstermcg said:

The line at the top says that the Touhou Project x DDS Collaboration was 10 years ago.

WOW. 😂Reading that made me feel so old.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, littlecherishdoll said:

The black text below Reimu says "Mochi Ashi and big hands have been used to get close to the illustration style ."

45 minutes ago, toughstermcg said:

Thanks for the translations. 

Ayuuya

Hnghh... I think I am deffo going to preorder the Marisa MDD. I wanted the DDS version for awhile, and I want a mochiashi... So this kills two birds with one stone lol.

peachies

Is Marisa confirmed to be mochiashi as well? She looks a lot like DCH21... It's going to be super hard to resist with that outfit too!