Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Anna-neko

Touhos re-release : Reimu & Marisa MDD-mochiashi

Monty
1 hour ago, peachies said:

Is Marisa confirmed to be mochiashi as well? She looks a lot like DCH21... It's going to be super hard to resist with that outfit too! 

The text directly under Marisa says the head/wig/eyes are original (although reimu’s are too), and that she comes with her broom, while only the text under Reimu says ‘mochiashi and dekahands for a balance close to the illustration (ie ZUN’s art). But the text at the top: ‘It’s been 10 years since the legendary Dollfie Dream x DDS Collaboration. This time Reimu and Marisa are rereleased as MDDs for the preorder project! With plump mochiashi legs to increase the cuteness, the two are planned to release in autumn 2021.’ - so it’s definitely both. I suppose it’s the angle of the photo, but it’s hard to tell on Marisa and I might not have noticed otherwise. 

I also was just thinking it was nice of Volks to release the limited body parts before the preorder this time. It seems like other new bodies have debuted as limited collab dolls. I hope this release is another step toward a full range of MDD deka hands. EDIT: Marisa might even come with a gripping one for her broom...?

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

Rumi

Does anyone have the twitter image? seems like the tweet was deleted :( Edit: oops didnt see the other image posted! nvm

Edited by Rumi

I love the idea of the girls as MDDs. It matches ZUN's art style so well! It makes sense that for the 10 year anniversary of the DDS models, they remake the two main heroines with a different vision. 

Curious to see more pictures of the deka MDD hands and more pictures in general. ^o^

foo

I'm pretty sure I'm getting Marrisa (ーー') Back when I was fretting over if I should enter the... doll hobby and place a pre-order for Miku, I was going through the Flickr DD pool at the time (hi finnleo) to understand what they're like (60cm tall? that's big isn't it? what's it really like in person?). After spending so much time admiring photos I came across a simple pic of null_ento's Marissa and snapped, just admit it I want the pretty thing.

So now I can get a pudgy-legged MDD Marissa in her outfit replete with straw broom and a big hat? Yes please.

solebria

Oh, no! I thought I was safe from this batch seeing as I left the touhou fandom years ago and the DDS version of the girls didn't catch my attention to snatch in the aftermarket when I was super into touhou... but Marissa looks so cute as an MDD and if she comes with her little broom, I will be completely sold on her. 

Comparing her outfit from the DDS version, it seems her outfit has more details and I like how they re-designed her big hat this time.

BeyondTime
On 9/20/2020 at 3:12 AM, nanika said:

Doll Show Hamamatsucho (Tokyo) was today, and Dollybird was selling early copies of their magazine.  So I'm thinking the official release date for Dollybird v.31 is after Volks' planned announcement date.  It made for an unintentional leak, and the poster of the image on Twitter said that they meant to send the image by Direct Message to someone.  Now I see that they have deleted their original tweet.

I was thinking this leak might not have been something that was really Dollybird's fault. Volks had a delay on their planned release of Volks News # 89, and had it released on time time Dollybird's release schedule wouldn't be an issue. Once Volks decided to delay their release, it's not like they can then dictate a new release date for Dollybird or change Dollybird's plans for a special early release at an event.

17 hours ago, Monty said:

I also was just thinking it was nice of Volks to release the limited body parts before the preorder this time. It seems like other new bodies have debuted as limited collab dolls. I hope this release is another step toward a full range of MDD deka hands. EDIT: Marisa might even come with a gripping one for her broom...?

If DDP body sales have been high they might have regretted not releasing the body before the iM@S pre-orders. I'd say outfit development would have had more time to ramp up too, but with Mochi-Ashi that's a moot point.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Poofiemus
21 hours ago, peachies said:

Is Marisa confirmed to be mochiashi as well? She looks a lot like DCH21... It's going to be super hard to resist with that outfit too! 

Yeah, the DCH21 looks like a younger version of DDS Marisa, so it does kind of track that an actual younger version Marisa will look like the DCH21.

This is, however, another reason I'll need higher res pics, because if MDD version Marisa looks enough like DCH21 I may as well wait till next summer and use a proxy to just, you know, get a DCH21 in tan or something.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

foo
On 9/20/2020 at 4:12 PM, Monty said:

Normally you'd hold parts back so you can reserve inventory to fulfill pre-orders, but I wouldn't be surprised if their regular MDD base body sales outsell the Touhou pre-orders. MDD base bodies are so popular that if they advertised the new pudgy legs and didn't release them until after the pre-order, a third party would swoop in and make their own option parts.

It makes good sense to just manufacture a ton of cute pudgy legs.

• Like 2

Innocentsake

Welp after seeing that photo I definitely need MDD Marisa in my life 😊 I can't wait to see more high res photos to lock in my final choice hehe.

• Like 1

mayaiincho

If MDD, it'd be a total pass for me. Unless the heads just happen to look good on a DDS or something. 

Okay... Both of them are hella freaking cute. OMG!! 

Though still not sure I wanna spend $1400 to test out... 

Edited by mayaiincho

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

magique

I hope we get more details soon! I've been planning to get a Mochi-Ashi girl and I'm not in a hurry, so if hi-res Reimu is as cute as she looks in the twitter image, I'll definitely pre-order her. Volks USA has gotten most other preorder projects, so hopefully they'll get this one too. 

sinclair
On 9/20/2020 at 10:01 AM, littlecherishdoll said:

The black text below Reimu says "Mochi Ashi and big hands have been used to get close to the illustration style ." 😄

Reimu is so cute my bank account is in serious danger.  But not happy at all about big hands and the new legs.  Is it as simple as just swapping the legs for the standard MMD ones, or is there a difference in the body too?  Same for the hands?

BeyondTime
8 minutes ago, sinclair said:

Is it as simple as just swapping the legs for the standard MMD ones, or is there a difference in the body too?

Pretty sure it’s an MDD body with chubby legs and feet in place of the regular ones.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

archeotech

Hi guys,

just announced by Volks. They look damn cute I gotta say. 

EivuK9JU0AIM7qR.jpeg

• Like 1

Manaphyyy

They're so cute! I need to resist the siren song of more mochi ashis, though haha

Cazzie_Bliss

They are so sweet!!!! 

1201080411_Signature4.png.d6bd2feda415abca0856a7c2e72df054.png                                                                                                     

peachies

I was worried Marisa would look too much like DCH21, but from this photo I think she looks very unique! They are both so cute and I am happy they are mochiashi. 

Conuresans

I think I might have to bite on Marisa as previously a MDD was just an afterthought but she... is just so cute. I never was far into Touhou/gave it too much of a go but she also has the added bonus that I absolutely love how frilly and cute her outfit is 🥰 

Home: Melt (DDH-09), Kano (Iris Collect), Kirika, Y'Shtola, Suzune (Iris Collect Petite)

magique

they look cute, but the resolution of that photo is still pretty low lol

• Like 1

Mega Negi

god, it's like they made dollfies of the PC-98 era characters.

Gabihime

Ahhhh I hadn’t realized they were MDDs!  They’re adorable!

finnleo
1 hour ago, foo said:

Volk's site has been updated

Why am I minorly annoyed Youmu isnt featured in the "what we've done in the years" group photo ... Sure she wasnt that desirable in the end, didnt come with the spirit cloud, but come on ...

Oh well, besides that ... the chunky cheeks are perhaps a bit too much for my own liking, so a bit of a pass this time, and maybe go invest directly in a plump-footer body as they still are available...

Ylse

Hmmm. They look cute-ish but not entirely sure about what they were trying with the mouth. That's the part I don't really like.

Haven't read the whole page yet but maybe it says when they will be displayed at dollpoint and such? Since often Volks pictures don't do dolls justice I am still curious about pictures when they are displayed.