BeyondTime

Volks SD - Disney Frozen Collaboration.

Ren

I wish they would show us their faces already :(

• Like 2

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, Ren said:

I wish they would show us their faces already :(

That's probably going to be the last reveal, and I am kind of thinking these dolls are going to be sometimes next fall or winter. They'll have the designs complete before then, but the production of the dolls will take awhile.

This is the first time I have seen a Volks release teased so slowly. I am really hoping they will do something even more unusual and make them a pre-order. Idc if I have to wait to late 2022 for delivery, I just want Elsa and Anna.  XD

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

monkeypizzasonic

I'd be mad that we didn't get that much more info, but honestly I'm mostly relieved they aren't coming out in the next few months because I have other things to buy. This definitely makes it feel like they aren't coming out until later in the year.

Bellatrix
3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

This is the first time I have seen a Volks release teased so slowly.

I think 2B's tease was actually hold on for like a year or so... or was it Miku? One of the last pre order projects anyway XD

• Like 1

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

I think 2B's tease was actually hold on for like a year or so... or was it Miku?

Miku was before my time, but there was a 1 year period between the 2B announcement and the reveal of the dolls. 

With Frozen they are slowly revealing details as the dolls are developed, which seems new to me. It kind of makes me think this release is going to be different, and that’s why they are slowly building up to the full reveal. 

8 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

I'd be mad that we didn't get that much more info, but honestly I'm mostly relieved they aren't coming out in the next few months because I have other things to buy. This definitely makes it feel like they aren't coming out until later in the year.

In terms of timing, a year from the initial tease seems likely if they are still in the design and development phase, and winter would fit the movie release anniversary plus the overall theme.

On the other hand Elsa did freeze the summer, so she doesn’t have to be a winter doll.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Misuka

I'm just wondering how limited these girls are going to be. This release seems far more robust than what they did with Cinderella and Rapunzel, making me hope there will be more dolls than what they released, but I am not sure. It is a good sign that they will be released for everyone and not just Japan though, so here is hoping it's something really good, like pre-orders.

Bellatrix
12 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Miku was before my time, but there was a 1 year period between the 2B announcement and the reveal of the dolls. 

With Frozen they are slowly revealing details as the dolls are developed, which seems new to me. It kind of makes me think this release is going to be different, and that’s why they are slowly building up to the full reveal. 

I am not sure if they have ever done a SD pre order project, but I believe this may be the case, given the situation? Dunno, just my personal speculation here.

BeyondTime
11 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

I am not sure if they have ever done a SD pre order project, but I believe this may be the case, given the situation? Dunno, just my personal speculation here.

It did make me wonder if this could potentially be the first SD unlimited pre-order project.

That could just be wish thinking on my part, so take it with a grain of salt. XD

If they did do such a thing I would expect the production schedule to be different than the DD unlimited pre-order project.

finnleo

They could be playing the stalling game, since its a disney thing, they might want to have an actual physical Dollpa as a release venue, and not a virtual thing ... Because pandemic and all.

I wouldnt bank much on it being an unlimited preorder since SD's are more elaborate to make in terms of faceups for starters, so thats one thing to consider, but then again they did take enough orders for Miku back in the day to keep them busy for half a year or so after the first dolls left the shop to make it all happen, so its not like they dont have experience in long winded deliveries.

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Aren't they doing an SD unlimited preorder right now? *runs to DoA to check*

Yep, they're doing Lucia, Lieselotte and Charlotte as preorders for Dolpa 45. It's members-only, but still. Frozen preorders are entirely possible at this point...(maybe Volks has been saving up resources to be able to start doing this more often?)

They did the same with the SD at the Dolpa where Jupiter was released. 

AFAIK, these are all limited pre-orders in that they run for a short window, and Volks reserves the right to close the window if they get too many orders.  

The unlimited pre-orders have a large window and everyone who orders in that window gets their order fulfilled. 

The unlimited orders usually allow multiple dolls per order. I think the iM@S one allowed 10 of each doll, but the more recent ones had a lower limit  

If they did do a Frozen pre-order or started doing something similar to the unlimited DD preorders, I suspect that the program would be tailored to the realities of SD production, or as Finnleo points out, the production times would get pretty nuts. 

Bellatrix

This is so exciting! I'll be honest saying that I am not the biggest fan of Volks resins, but Rapunzel was quite cute, and if Elsa/Anna come out even better... well, I may be sold 😄

• Like 2

monkeypizzasonic

Even a limited preorder would be better than a lottery. And I'd be okay with them limiting the number of dolls per order, because I can see scalpers having a field day with these even with their being more available than the previous Disney limiteds.

I just want a face reveal. And a price reveal. It's hard to motivate myself to save up for something when I don't even know what it looks like...

BeyondTime
On 3/11/2021 at 5:52 AM, monkeypizzasonic said:

I just want a face reveal. And a price reveal. It's hard to motivate myself to save up for something when I don't even know what it looks like...

The price should somewhere around $1100 - $1300. 

SDGr/SD13 limiteds are usually around ¥100,000 but there will likely be a Disney licensing cost added on. 

lardroom

I'm still excited. I hope it's an unlimited pre-order, just so I can order two Elsas.

finnleo
On 3/11/2021 at 3:52 PM, monkeypizzasonic said:

I don't even know what it looks like...

Volks still has the shop pages for Rapunzel and Cinderella up, for Anna I'd guess some resemblance to Rapunzel ... who quite frankly doesent really have that Pixar thing going on if im honest.

3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

there will likely be a Disney licensing cost added on. 

did some digging for funzies to see how well the back catalogue of forum links work ...

Rapunzel was 115k yen before tax, which is about the same as Belldandy was before tax. Although Creamy mami was only around 103K before tax (according to MFC)

Cinderella raked up at 118k before tax, and as a set that seems about on par with Bell so the disney tax wouldnt seem too much on that basis if you take inflation into consideration. 

• Thanks 1

Ui-

Does anyone have any extra information on this? For example, I want to get the Rena MDD and the Lucia SDgr as soon as midnight rolls around. 

But I’d have to skip Lucia if I wanted both Anna and Elsa if they were to be released by this December. 

what do you think the odds of that are? I don’t see it being that high. Even if it waited until at least January 2022 when they’re released I’d be fine. 

If it were you, is it worth risking getting both dolls and hoping that this already long, laid out release is laid out even more? 

I’m so torn.... I have a feeling you know how I feel, many of you, when you have to pick “either or” when there is no “either” nor “or” allowed. In your head at least, not your pocketbook. At least this addiction doesn’t destroy your veins or lungs x_x ugh lmao

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Ui- said:

what do you think the odds of that are?

Next Winter would make a lot of sense, but hypothetically it’s possible that they won’t be releasing all four at once. They might start with young Anna and Elsa, then release the adult versions at a later date. I’d expect both releases to be fall / winter. 

Based on the latest update the dolls seem to still be in the design phase, and the child versions seem to be farther along. 

Just my own opinion though. 

1 hour ago, Ui- said:

the Lucia SDgr as soon as midnight rolls around.

Lucia is pretty tempting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

demonmiko

Volks really seems to be taking their time with Frozen. It's kind of frustrating to plan around their releases.

I really hope they have Elsa as one of those pre-orders like what they're doing with the Dolpa 45 After Event. Lucia is calling my name.

• Haha 1

Ui-

Ok thank you guys. Now I know what to do. I need Lucia and Rena lol. 

Besides Anna and Elsa Lucia is my favorite SD I’ve seen in a while. 

• Like 1

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, demonmiko said:

Volks really seems to be taking their time with Frozen. It's kind of frustrating to plan around their releases.

I think the only difference with Frozen as compared to other releases, is they seem to have announced them in the early stages of development as opposed to during the production phase that happens right before the Dolpa release. The dolls always seem to take about a year to fully prep, which is part of why I am thinking next fall / winter.

If they did any sort of all orders fulfilled pre-order it might be another year before shipment happened. Pre-order still seems like a long shot, but I figured its worth pointing out that it would probably mean a longer wait.

• Like 1

Cauldroness

...also a PANDEMIC happened right after their announcement, which has completely warped global supply chains (and who knows what the Mouse Dictator has been telling Volks, too). That probably impacted the timing and release.

• Thanks 2

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

demonmiko

All very good points.

I’m just glad they haven’t dropped the Frozen dolls out of nowhere and yelled “Surprise!”.

I’m sure the mouse overlord has some tight reigns over this project. It’d be surprising if they didn’t.

monkeypizzasonic
5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I think the only difference with Frozen as compared to other releases, is they seem to have announced them in the early stages of development as opposed to during the production phase that happens right before the Dolpa release. The dolls always seem to take about a year to fully prep, which is part of why I am thinking next fall / winter.

If they did any sort of all orders fulfilled pre-order it might be another year before shipment happened. Pre-order still seems like a long shot, but I figured its worth pointing out that it would probably mean a longer wait.

I am willing to wait longer in exchange for guaranteed purchasing of doll for everyone.

Gives me more time to get her some friends once I can guarantee she's coming home. 

BeyondTime
18 hours ago, demonmiko said:

I’m just glad they haven’t dropped the Frozen dolls out of nowhere and yelled “Surprise!”.

I think that’s part of the fun for these companies, but part of me wonders if the early announcement wasn’t about getting news of the license out there before anyone else beat them to the punch. It’s not like resins are competing with vinyls, but Frozen is so huge I’d be amazed if other doll companies both resin and vinyl weren’t thinking about this. 

16 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

I am willing to wait longer in exchange for guaranteed purchasing of doll for everyone.

Totally agreed, but the pessimist in me says “sounds too good to be true.”

• Like 1