Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks SD - Disney Frozen Collaboration.

Poofiemus
On 10/22/2022 at 9:59 AM, monkeypizzasonic said:

Me being a massive nerd aside, I feel like Volks is probably just going to stick to making the Princesses. Having other characters like the princes and the villains works in the normal Disney Designer doll lines where they're in the $100-300 range and still somewhat affordable; but I don't think either company is gonna bank on a substantial amount of people shelling out $1,000+ for a Kristoff or a Maleficent or what have you. I mean some people would, just most likely not enough of them to be profitable. 

So, I do think that they will be passing over on a lot of characters that the Designer Dolls do, but I feel like passing over all villains would be a huge missed opportunity. Especially Maleficent, she's arguably the most iconic Disney Villain, to the point Square made her the villains' leader in the first Kingdom Hearts. Some villains would definitely be harder to market--Yzma and Madame Medusa come to mind--but there are definitely a few more that would probably do great. I'm picturing Snow White's Evil Queen (in her real/start of film form), Jafar, you could even probably make Mother Gothel work. I also suspect villains may get more people buying them for their sculpts than some of the princesses do. 

TL;DR: some villains are photogenic. Also Disney Villain fans are scary, it's dangerous to underestimate them lol

• Haha 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Chiakisenpai

I just bought my first resin doll and it’s Anna SD13! I’m super excited and can’t wait to share photos once she’s here! 
Coming from my collection of Dollfie dream into resin is quite scary though. But now that I bought Anna I already want to buy more resin dolls and she hasn’t even gotten here yet haha

• Like 1

Chiakisenpai

The pretty girl is here! Every detail is so stunning, Volks did an amazing job 

F14E9ABD-F36F-47AA-A897-64653C3BF5EA.jpeg

774D613D-299F-40DE-9CBF-D9ED010CD267.jpeg

• Like 9

monkeypizzasonic

Apparently they put enough effort into Elsa's shoes that they decided they needed to reuse them for the other girls. Kinda hoping they make some for Cindy and Rapunzel too.

(Also Belle and Jasmine dolls next since they apparently have license for them?)

Screenshot_20230313_070703_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230313_070648_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230313_070628_Instagram.jpg

• Like 1

Mizuumi-no-Otome

The Ariel shoes are EXQUISITE 

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Apparently they put enough effort into Elsa's shoes that they decided they needed to reuse them for the other girls. Kinda hoping they make some for Cindy and Rapunzel too.

Beats pleather, but Elsa's shoes do want to fall off. Basically they need blu-tac to stay on. 

The other interesting thing, this almost certainly means we're getting Belle's ball gown.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

monkeypizzasonic
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Beats pleather, but Elsa's shoes do want to fall off. Basically they need blu-tac to stay on. 

This is my solution, tiny elastic hairbands. Actually works really well. 

20230313_191236.jpg

• Like 2

BeyondTime
4 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

This is my solution, tiny elastic hairbands. Actually works really well. 

20230313_191236.jpg

That’s a great solution!

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

marishade

Hi all! I know this thread is not very relevant but I am too excited not to post: Anna is finally home! She will get a different wig and outfit for regular wear soon. She is so adorable!

20231010_192416.jpg

• Like 3

BeyondTime
On 10/10/2023 at 4:50 PM, marishade said:

Hi all! I know this thread is not very relevant but I am too excited not to post: Anna is finally home! She will get a different wig and outfit for regular wear soon. She is so adorable!

Congrats, and that outfit is a good choice for Elsa too.

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Ok, this got me inspired to photograph my Anna & Elsa dressed as school girls, because who doesn't imagine these two going to an all girls Japanese High School?

53260283152_1baa92692b_k.jpgAnna & Elsa - School Girls-7570.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

53261449028_e2f5d8cac6_k.jpgAnna & Elsa - School Girls-7572.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

53261153151_e569777c11_k.jpgAnna & Elsa - School Girls-7574.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

53260274657_f9144328e8_k.jpgAnna & Elsa - School Girls-7577.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Rajke

The way both girls are wearing the outfits perfectly matches the characters. @onion24@

• Like 1

@onion20@   This is a signature.

BeyondTime

More Elsa

53275644589_cbaf6ec6d0_k.jpgElsa - Astrologer-7590.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

• Like 3

BeyondTime

And Anna.

53278040705_5d1a4a9c9e_k.jpgAnna - Astrologer-7608.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

• Like 3

BeyondTime

Got Elsa something cozy to wear with a pair of jeans.

53594539453_2bddc9b927_6k.jpgElsa - Warmth-8766-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

• Like 1