Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks SD - Disney Frozen Collaboration.

Elagabalus
5 minutes ago, Chise said:

Perhaps the special links were shared with club members or mailing list people? Some sites will do that to help curb traffic (and hopefully scalpers)

When you purchase a limited doll it comes with a card for ordering extra parts and a link to a semi-secret area of the international site. It's not publicly listed, but if someone shares the link on a forum or discord server or among friends or something, anyone can access it. And for now, anyone can check out.

To my knowledge, Volks USA will only let you access their version of the area if you own the doll in question. If you get sorted into one of the lottery winner categories it opens up access for the additional parts category that's linked to the doll you got. International doesn't seem to care whether or not you have it (yet).

• Thanks 1

abs2891

Will be interesting to see if they do crack down on it…

Lynn

I was going to write here yesterday, how really alarming it feels that Volks thinks they can get away with pre-orders with Elsa and Anna. Why not a lottery in the first place? But since we are dealing with a doll release limited to Japan again, no wonder. VolksUSA went straight to the lottery, as they know the demand better. 

And what comes to the scalpers... I can only say that they have a market, you know. 🙄

Volks, as a European, I (again) wish to send my heartfelt feelings towards you: 😡😤👿💢💩

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Lynn said:

I was going to write here yesterday, how really alarming it feels that Volks thinks they can get away with pre-orders with Elsa and Anna.

Japan only & VS/VIP limited may help make pre-orders possible. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

1 hour ago, Lynn said:

Volks, as a European, I (again) wish to send my heartfelt feelings towards you: 😡😤👿💢💩

I’d direct that at Disney, not Volks. Decisions like this are usually dictated by the license holders and The Mouse is particularly strict. It’s probably the same reason why Saphire is Japan only and having her sales handled by TezuPro themselves instead of Volks whatsoever.

Cindy had the same weird schrodingers preorder but I think she actually didn’t end up switching to lottery in what may be the only time that ‘preorder but switch to lottery if orders exceeded’ actually stayed as preorder. (At least, when I saw scouring Twitter for mentions of winning or losing her, I didn’t find anyone saying they lost or won, only that they got emails confirming a shipment date, whereas for SD10 Cecile/Williams and SDGr Alice/Lorina, the only other time I can recall them using that system, people received emails explicitly saying they had won or lost.) (Cindy was also Japan only though…)

I’m curious myself to know whether these stay as preorder or switch only because of Cindy. Frozen is popular but I don’t know what the overlap is between fans and collectors of expensive dolls, and it seemed like while there’s a decent number of people excited for the DSDs the overall reception to the seemed to be ‘cute but not for me’ or ‘I’ll wait for the SD13/Grs.’

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

Lynn
28 minutes ago, Monty said:

I’d direct that at Disney, not Volks. Decisions like this are usually dictated by the license holders and The Mouse is particularly strict.

That is probably true. Disney IS strict about its rights. I haven't really paid any attention about these licencing issues, since none of my 1/3 sized dolls is a licenced character. 

Oh, well. I can't order Elsa or Anna, small or big version anyway, since I am ridiculously poor at the moment. But it's still pissing me off that I cannot even theoretically order them.

Irulazuli
9 hours ago, Monty said:

Frozen is popular but I don’t know what the overlap is between fans and collectors of expensive dolls, and it seemed like while there’s a decent number of people excited for the DSDs the overall reception to the seemed to be ‘cute but not for me’ or ‘I’ll wait for the SD13/Grs.’

I mean, I think it was obvious from the beginning that SDGr Elsa is the main attraction - I'm not really a fan of baby dolls, for example. And I am frustrated as well with Volks/Disney - they are fine with using Northern European inspirations for *aestethic*, but not with allowing people in Europe to purchase? I'm not sure if only Disney are to blame - Volks is pretty strict on releasing any DSDs only in Japan and USA (not sure about Korea).

A major disappointment anyway. Guess I don't have to save money for Elsa, because I am *not* going to pay scalper prices for her.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Irulazuli said:

I mean, I think it was obvious from the beginning that SDGr Elsa is the main attraction

Elsa was the breakout character, but I think Anna is the main attraction. Frozen is really her story, and so far it appears she’s going to be the last development reveal as we move towards the adult release. 

Elsa was slated to be the villain until they reimagined her role. I think that’s what makes her so huge, she subverts the classic Disney villain trope, and as a cascade effect subverted the classic Disney romance of Hans and Anna too. Her importance as a film character overshadows Anna, but Anna was always the star of Frozen.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Wasabi

For me SDgr Elsa is the main attraction, although I don't expect that I will actually want to buy her (not planning on getting into resin any time soon).

And while Anna was the protagonist of Frozen, the sequel seems take Elsa's popularity and give it a run for its money. (which was enjoyable, but the movie kind of hit you over the head with all of its themes).

magique

These girls are so cute. I'm unfamiliar with DearSD though. Does anyone know more about their size?

Elagabalus
1 hour ago, magique said:

These girls are so cute. I'm unfamiliar with DearSD though. Does anyone know more about their size?

They're about 1/4 height but 1/3 width and weight, like chunky little babies. They can wear SD clothes and some MSD clothes that's made for wider dolls, Volks has started making outfits like that (that unfortunately don't fit anything other than DSD well lol, they're too wide for anything else). THeir heads are SD sized.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/sd/special/dearsd/en/detail/ You can read more about them here. They're very pleasant to hold, I almost always end up sitting one in my lap if I'm visiting a friend that has one.

Edited by Elagabalus
  • Thanks 1

Ui-
2 hours ago, Elagabalus said:

They're about 1/4 height but 1/3 width and weight, like chunky little babies. They can wear SD clothes and some MSD clothes that's made for wider dolls, Volks has started making outfits like that (that unfortunately don't fit anything other than DSD well lol, they're too wide for anything else). THeir heads are SD sized.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/sd/special/dearsd/en/detail/ You can read more about them here. They're very pleasant to hold, I almost always end up sitting one in my lap if I'm visiting a friend that has one.

Yeah I love DSD. They’re so precious. The extra width and bulkier heads for their body definitely give them a very dearly precious childlike look to them but still screams SUPER Dollfie.

I don’t personally own any yet, but I will soon. (Two! Hahah. Even if I don’t get both from Volks, I will on the aftermarket assuredly).

I want to hug them so badly lol

• Like 1

magique
9 hours ago, Elagabalus said:

Oh thank you! That sounds adorable. I definitely want one 🥰

• Like 1

Anna-neko

HOT UPDATE FROM VOLKS INSTA of adult Elsa and Anna (a promo card given away at Dolpa? Perhaps display photos soon???)

Edited by Chise
  • Like 1

Bellatrix

O M G. 
O M G.

my heart skipped a beat

they are gorgeous. Probably the best looking ones out of the whole Disney collab.

is there any chance they’ll be pre order, rather than lottery?

god they are so beautiful 

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

Silent

I am sorry but I couldnt resist to make this meme. Barbie dolls of them are nice but theese SD dolls are literally next level. 

5yfg86.jpg.1b6f32d2532bd22ef92422918e4c46f3.jpg

monkeypizzasonic

IDK...I feel like Elsa's dress isn't as accurate as it could be in regards to the materials used, but that could be because I've looked at so many amazing cosplays of her and this is the best they could do with the limits of it being scaled down and mass produced.

But they're both gorgeous, Anna's outfit is spot-on, and it's one of those things I'll probably be initially disappointed with but end up getting over as I look at more pictures.

Also PLEASE TELL ME THEY'RE NOT GOING ON SALE SOON I HAVE NO MONIES BECAUSE HOLIDAYS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

abs2891
59 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

IDK...I feel like Elsa's dress isn't as accurate as it could be in regards to the materials used, but that could be because I've looked at so many amazing cosplays of her and this is the best they could do with the limits of it being scaled down and mass produced.

But they're both gorgeous, Anna's outfit is spot-on, and it's one of those things I'll probably be initially disappointed with but end up getting over as I look at more pictures.

Also PLEASE TELL ME THEY'RE NOT GOING ON SALE SOON I HAVE NO MONIES BECAUSE HOLIDAYS.

The dress is throwing me too - I don’t like how they did the sleeves but the lighting probably isn’t helping the situation.  

BeyondTime
13 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

is there any chance they’ll be pre order, rather than lottery?

It will probably be a lottery style pre-order limited to Japan, and a lottery in the US; same as the Dear SDs. We can hope for something more accessible, but I’m guessing it’s the same licensing model across the entire release. 

10 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

The promo card says "Planned for sale, spring 2022" - make of that, what you will...

I guess they went with a time when things thaw as opposed to a time when things are frozen. 

marishade

I am hoping it's just the lighting. . . But so far I am not thrilled with either. . . Hoping we get better pictures and more info soon because so far I like the DearSDs more.

magique

Anna is ADORABLE. I will definitely be foregoing the dearsds in favor of waiting for her. I see the inspiration for Elsa but she looks a little strange. Maybe it's just the lighting. 

lardroom

Well, I put n my VolksUSA entry for loliElsa. I'm excited for SDGr Elsa. She'll be mine one way or another. Just not looking forward to the scalper cost for her.

• Like 1